Infertility

April FET

stbollingerstbollinger member
edited March 2017 in Infertility
Mine is April 4 can't wait!

Re: April FET

• I will hopefully be in this group. I had my ER on Thursday and 7 out of 14 eggs fertilized. We are doing PGS and FET so I'm hoping to do an April transfer. The waiting is the worst. I'm going to try and stay busy at work to pass the time.
    Me: 31 DH: 31 Married: 8/2007
    MFI - Due to blockage
    IVF#1 Feb/Mar 2017 - ER: 14 Eggs, 13 Mature, 7 Fertilized, 1 Blastocyst (PGS tested abnormal)
    IVF#2 May 2017 - ER: 16 Eggs, 14 Mature, 5 Fertilized, 1 Blastocyst (PGS tested abnormal)
    IVF#3 July/Aug 2017 - ER: 15 Eggs, 13 Mature, 12 Fertilized, 6 Blastocyst, 5 PSG normal (3 Girls, 2 Boys)
    FET# 1 September 29,2017 1st Beta - 236 2nd Beta - 806 3rd Beta - 2932
    Due Date - 6/17/18 Father's Day!
  • I know I hate waiting!
  • Loading the player...
  • krenee124krenee124 member
    edited March 2017
    I may be in this group!! Failed 1st fresh cycle. Waiting for AF so I can start estrogen & baby aspirin. Roughly 3 weeks later will be ET! I've never wanted AF so bad!!!
  • I stop bc the 10th and then I will be waiting for af as well
  • We're scheduled for an April transfer as well, we did ER at the end of Jan and have 2 PGS normal embabies on ice.  I'm on BC now for suppression and start Lupron on the 21st, and go in for blood work to confirm suppression on the 28th. 
    I'm scared sh*tless that suddenly all the time and money that we've invested into this process comes down to what happens in the next month. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• @JuliaGoolia719 are you planning to transfer 1 or 2 embryos? When I did FET back in January the dr said we should only transfer one PGS tested embryo. 
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• I hopefully will be doing an early/mid April FET! My ER is on Sunday and then the embryos wil be sent off for PGS and PGD testing that'll take about 10 days... :smile:
  • Look forward to hearing from all you ladies ! Just a few more weeks!
  • There is a small chance I'll be doing FET in April. We're waiting on PGS results for our 3 frozen embryos from retrieval 8 days ago, while I'm also recovering from ohss.

We don't know yet if we'll do FET right away, or possibly wait till after the summer to give my body longer break to heal, and maybe have another chance of getting more fit before a potential pregnancy (all the scary stories I hear from other women about Gestational diabetes). It's up to our RE to recommend what she thinks is better. We'll have an appointment in 1-2 weeks once the test results are in.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • @JuliaGoolia719 I think most of us have been there with being scared it won't work, but two pgs tested embryos is great! 
  • Resting is a great idea, but I am way to impatient for that! Kudos to you!
  • Is there anyway to change the title to this group to April FET?   
    I had a hysterodcopy/laparoscopy on the 1st this month and my Post op apt cleared me yesterday for my 5th FET in April. As soon as AF shows up I'll get my official transfer date, probably end of the month. 
    Me: 33  DH: 39
    Me: Endo, PCOS, 
    DH: low life span and mobility 
    Married and TTC since 12/2008
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012
    IVF #2 11/2012 Twin Girls born at 35wks 7/2013
    ER 4/2016 Freeze all 11 embryo's 
    FET #1 5/2016 Transfer 1 BFN 
    FET #2 7/2016 Transfer 1 BFN 
    FET #3 09/2016 Thawed 3 Transfered 1 CP 
    FET #4 1/2017 Transfer 2 CP 
    FET #5 April 24, 2017 Transfering 1 BFN
    FET #6 June 8, 2017 Transfer 2 Beta #1 721 Beta #2 1363  
    US on 7/5 1 baby found EDD 2/24/18
    Insta acct ionlywant1more

• @Prudence9 we haven't made a decision 100% on one or two.  On one hand I'd be totally ok with twins, on the other hand DH brought up that losing both at once (the Dr hasn't mentioned any reason I shouldn't be able to stay pregnant, but it's also never happened, so there's that unknown factor) I know the clinic will push us to just do one bc they are trying to avoid multiples. 
    @stbollinger it's nice to know I'm not alone in that fear!
    sorry I was MIA ladies, we were on vacation with my HS friends for Spring Break. It was a much needed relaxation week with a hot tub lots of wine and lots of laughs. Good for the soul. 

DH and I decided that we aren't telling friends/family when we are doing the transfer and will wait until we can (hopefully) confirm a heartbeat. We talked about it and decided that posting here doesn't count bc we don't know each other in real life (I think DH is -correctly- aware that I need to talk to someone, and that his 11 hour work schedule makes him not a great candidate lol). It's going to be quite a switch for me, up to this point I've been like an open book about what was going on and what days we were doing ER etc. 

• Hi Ladies, so i spoke with my nurse the other day. We are waiting to hear back the results from getting our 4 embryos PGD+PGS tested - i hate the wait! - and I wanted to talk with her about the next steps for FET. Turns out their office likes us to wait a full cycle after the ER before the FET, so it looks like it will be a early/mid May FET now...boo! Will stay on this board until a May one is set up, and I'll probably be starting the Estrace and possibly PIO in late April so I think that still counts a bit, anyways... :wink: 
  • caseyw8784  the wait is a killer for sure.  I think the days between our embryos being sent off for testing and hearing back were some of the longest I can remember.  I literally cried when I found out that our 2 came back normal (up until that moment I don't think I realized how much I was stressing about it, distraction via 12 hour work days is effective).  We did ER in Jan and I'm starting Lupron shots tomorrow (EEEK) for our FET on the 17th of April. 

• @JuliaGoolia719 - the wait IS intense! i thought the wait between my Day 1 fertilization report and the Day 6 update was hard - worrying how many would fall behind and stuff...this testing part in a way I feel is more about statistics (even though they say that with such small batches, the statistics aren't that accurate!) The weekend flew by, but this week is going to crawl...luckily we had already had plans to go to NYC Friday-Sunday, so by Monday hopefully I'll only have a couple more days til i get the results! Yay on starting Lupron tomorrow! It must be so exciting to finally be here! FX for an easy protocol! :smile:
  • caseyw8784 yay for a weekend away! That will help the distraction for sure! 

I'm a little nervous about the protocol, the PIO shots in particular I've heard are just *super* fun.  We'll be on vacation with my entire family (parents, grandparents, uncle/aunt/cousin and possibly my step brother/his gf) for a few days the week before the transfer, and since we aren't telling anyone when it is I can't even complain about the shots hurting!  My mom and I went and got foot massages last night and it felt so weird to not just casually say "oh I'm starting shots again Tuesday".  DH mentioned that he's not sure I can go the whole time without telling anyone, I'm such a verbal processor for things usually.  I foresee a lot of posting on the boards instead lol.

• @JuliaGoolia719 I think it depends on the person for the PIO shots. I will be starting my 5th round as soon as AF shows. I've gotten pretty used to it. I heat my heating pad draw the shot put it in the heating pad for just a few long enough to thin the oil some, switch the needle and I put all my weight on the opposite leg. I do my own shots my husband can't be trusted lol. We haven't really told anyone especially family that we are even seeing the doctors about baby making. I think in the long run it's better for me cause there isn't so many questions and disappointment to the family when it doesn't work. 
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012

• Hello :) 

At this stage I think I'll be having either a 31/3 or 4/4 FET so would love to join :) First round of IVF in January RE was expecting over 30 eggs and couldn't get any at ER (I didn't respond to trigger). Second round RE again expected over 30 eggs (based on scans) but only got 6 and said they looked "unusual" (he suspected after this cycle that I am lacking in LH) 6 turned in to 3 (possibly) being suitable for fertilization, fertilised with ICSI to take no chances and luckily ended up with 3 great embryos all on ice (only day 3 though due to low number of eggs). 

I wish everybody all the best on their journies <3
  • edited March 2017

thucks  DH was able to do  my trigger intramuscular shot, so I'm hoping he's up for the PIO shots this time around.  I've got a needle aversion, and I sometimes have a hard time doing the stomach shots so I'm not sure how I'd do trying the IM shots. 

Knottie34543584! Congrats on 3 good embryos on ice!  When we went in for ER my right ovary decided to shift behind the blood vessels/arteries that supply all the blood to the left side of my body and the Dr wasn't able to even try to get any eggs from that side, so I woke up to find that instead of the 20+ that they were expecting we had 10, of which 2 made it to day 5/PGS testing.  Luckily they both came back normal so now we're deciding if we want to do both or just one in a few weeks.

• tamalahoopstamalahoops member
    edited March 2017
    Hello! We had our ER in Feb and got 23 eggs, 14 ferilized, 3 made it to day 5 and were sent for PGS and only 1 came back normal. I am so anxious about this FET that I might explode! 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• kaseycocokaseycoco member
    edited March 2017
    Hi all! April is getting closer :) Like @thucks  I have to have a hysteroscopy next week before proceeding to an FET. It's encouraging they only made you wait one month before transfer date! I'm hoping to have my transfer at the end of April if all goes well. The waiting game is agonizing, but I'm trying to be hopeful that the procedure will get me closer to that BFP.

@JuliaGoolia719 I found the least painful method for PIO was to use a heating pad on the injection site BEFORE and after you inject. I tried icing it before and that led to the oil getting bumpy and leaving a painful knot that lasted for weeks. I read on these boards to try heat before to relax the muscle and it really worked for me. GL!

@tamalahoops all you need is one good one, FX for you!

@Knottie34543584  congrats on those 3 embabies on ice, sounds like you went through a lot to get them. Best of luck to you! 
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kaseycoco I've heard really good things about getting BFP's after a hysteroscopy or an ERA. The doc said that some times there is a great chance that you can conceive naturally afterwards. AFM no chance of that my tubes are very damaged. I'm really hoping this will be a great round for both of us. I was on BCP prior to the procedure on CD27. I stopped BCP the day after the procedure. He didn't want to start a FET cycle right away because he needed me to heal. If AF shows like it should w/o BCP I will get to start an April FET round.  
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012

• Can I just say I did *not* miss giving myself shots every night...they don't hurt per say, but it's just unpleasant to stab myself. 

• @JuliaGoolia719 Thank you so much! ☺️ Oh gosh that would have been disappointing
  • @JuliaGoolia719 sorry it cut off part of my message! *at the time but I'm so glad you still got some good news in the end  :) fingers crossed for a successful transfer for us both x
  • tamalahoops  when is your FET scheduled?

• I decided to not tell family the time of this transfer as well I did with my fresh cycle
  • My shots didn't hurt too bad it was the next day soreness and knots that started forming that got me!
  • I go in tomorrow morning to confirm suppression, FX that it looks good and I can start the vivelle patches! 

• Hi all! Switching here from March IVF. We had 6 eggs from ER, 6 fertilized, and 5 made it to PGS!! They will be sent next week so now I wait! Hoping to transfer in April!
  • Hi Ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend. DH and I were out of town so I decided to take a bit of a break from the internet so just getting caught up on all of the new posts since Friday morning! :smile:

AFM, AF arrived on Friday (1st since ER) and since we are still waiting for the results from the PGD testing, my RE is having me wait a full cycle before doing a FET cycle. So if AF acts like it normally does, I should be getting it around April 22-24, so here's to FX that I'll be able to start the estrace pills/patches soon after, with a transfer in early May! :smiley:
  • caseyw8784 FX for good news on the PGD testing!

• Angelaag FX for good news from PGS!  The wait is my least favorite part, based on how I handled the wait from day 5 to PGS results I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the wait from transfer to beta!

• I need honest opinions! Did fresh egg cycle in February. Started bleeding 10dp5dt. Bled for 1-2 days medium/light flow. Had negative beta 11dp5dt. Still have not had a full flow. Had ultrasound on 3/13. Doctor could tell I ovulated "a few days ago" so I'm guessing 3/10. Nothing since. Has anyone experienced this? I've been told they could give me a progesterone shot to help start my cycle or I can wait it out. (This was told to me on 3/13). What do I do? 

I am am afraid my fresh cycle didn't work bc I had so many of the stims in my body and I was all jacked up! So I'm nervous to "induce my period" but is this necessary or harmful? 

Thank you friends! :)
  • They had me on BC pills for about 3 weeks before we started this cycle so I just started my period today after going off the BC pills on the 26th.  I have PCOS so they've used BC pills to induce my period before and I haven't noticed that it messed with anything (this is my first IVF/FET so theres not a lot of data I can go on). 

I've read that FET's have a higher success rate than fresh cycles and some people have attributed it to the fact that we're on a LOT less medications, I can't say anything from personal experience though.

• @krenee124 I rarely have a full flow between cycles. I'm usually also on BCP so as soon as I go off them to start AF I go straight on estrace/patches to start an FET round. In the past I've had to have my AF forced to start as well. I don't think there is any harm in it. Your cycles may just be longer so you can wait it out or if your trying to get a schedule started you can induce AF.

AFM I'm on a no BCP CD26. I'm dying for AF to show that way I can get my schedule for April. I'm feeling pretty queezy today so hopefully it's coming soon. But with the Endo just being removed I'm not sure if I will have the usual horrible AF like usual.   
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012

• Hi all! Moving from the April IVF board. I had my ER yesterday. 13 eggs. Awaiting the fert report and how many make it to day 5. We are doing PGS and FET. Based on timing I could be starting prep in 2 weeks after the bleed following ER. I think that would count to be over here. Likely not doing actual transfer until early May though. 

It it seems like there are several FET protocols. My RE prefers not to use Lupron but BCP instead so hopefully not shots besides PIO for me. 
  • @Ash_SE I will be on estradiol patches, PIO, HSG Trigger shot, Lovenox and doxycycline a couple days before FET. This is the first round I'll be adding Lovenox and doxycyline.  
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012

• edited March 2017

Ash_SE  welcome!  FX for a good 5 day and PGS report!  I'm jealous of not many shots, I'm on Lupron now until 4/11, and then on the 12th start PIO shots.

I'm a little nervous, like I said before we aren't telling our families the time line for this part of the process, and when I'm supposed to start the PIO shots I'm going to be at Table Rock Lake with my whole side of the family.  I don't trust myself to do the PIO shots (needle phobia and TERRIBLE balance) and DH can't get the days off work to go with me.  So now I have to figure out which member of the family I want to give me a shot in the booty....and thank God none of them know anything about FET timelines and I can lie to them and say I'll be doing this for *weeks* before transfer and not just 5 days lol.