November 2016 Moms

MOTN:March

Re: MOTN:March

• Well this is what I get for saying she's a really good night sleeper ... up every 2 hours, one of the worst nights she's had  :s
  • FX it's just sleep regression and she'll bounce back @mrsmoose5!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • Without really noticing what I was doing last night, I gave LO his pacifier when he woke instead of feeling with the exception of 1am and 6am. Two wins - he took the pacifier and I wasn't up feeling him at all hours. 
    Ladybug2821kvruns
  • @SandNStarsNJ That is definitely a win!  Earlier on I felt like I was nursing constantly but really all she wanted was to suck so the pacifier was helpful. I find now that she'd rather have the paci than comfort nurse which really saves the nips lol. 
    SandNStarsNJ
  • It's so crazy because he's never taken a pacifier willingly and after two days of daycare he's all for it. FX this is a thing!
    Ladybug2821m6agua
  • My LO loved the pacifier at first and now wants nothing to do with it for the past 4 weeks.

LO has been waking about 2-3 times a night and every time we feed her. Should we be trying to get her back to sleep before the bottle? Lately she goes down at 8pm, gets up around 1-2 and then again at 5-6. She gets up for the day about 7-8.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I just went to feed little man and he usually holds onto my boob.. well he reached out faster than I realized and grabbed all nipple. I think I almost passed out. His grasp is more of a pinch. Holy hell.
  • m6agua said:
    My LO loved the pacifier at first and now wants nothing to do with it for the past 4 weeks.

LO has been waking about 2-3 times a night and every time we feed her. Should we be trying to get her back to sleep before the bottle? Lately she goes down at 8pm, gets up around 1-2 and then again at 5-6. She gets up for the day about 7-8.
    I would try to see if you can get her back to sleep first and if not then she probably truly needs to feed.

S has started waking up at 10 every night after going down at 7. She's not hungry. Either I give her back the paci or rock her back to sleep. I want to know how to break this habit though since she is waking up for no apparent reason. 
  • m6agua said:
    My LO loved the pacifier at first and now wants nothing to do with it for the past 4 weeks.

That's almost the exact same schedule my LO is operating on with the exception that he goes down at 9. 

@ladybug2821 I hate to say it but it sounds like letting her cry it out is worth a shot. Let her go for 10 minutes and see if she can soothe herself. If not, decide if you're willing to let her go longer or need to soothe her. She might just be waking from habit. 
    Ladybug2821
  • @SandNStarsNJ I have tried that but maybe I need to be consistent with it so she gets the picture. I'm normally trying to go to sleep then so I get lazy and just rock her real quick. But I'm sure it's out of habit. She actually didn't do it the first night I put her In The zipadee zip but she's back to doing it. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ I have tried that but maybe I need to be consistent with it so she gets the picture. I'm normally trying to go to sleep then so I get lazy and just rock her real quick. But I'm sure it's out of habit. She actually didn't do it the first night I put her In The zipadee zip but she's back to doing it. 
    I'm only speaking from experience with ODD. I instinctively run to the aid of my crying babies but at the cost of sleep for myself. DH made me start waiting 10 minutes every time she got upset in her crib and sure enough if she wasn't hungry she was out by the 9th minute every time. Then she slowly started to phase out those wake ups. 

With DS this hasn't proven as successful because he is eating a lot more than his sister ever did and has earth shattering gas. But I wait just a little longer each time to see where his CIO threshold is so I can start to determine eating for hunger versus comfort. 
    Ladybug2821
  •  I instinctively run to the aid of my crying babies but at the cost of sleep for myself. DH made me start waiting 10 minutes every time she got upset in her crib and sure enough if she wasn't hungry she was out by the 9th minute every time. Then she slowly started to phase out those wake ups. 

I'm the one trying to wait and DH wants to go pick her up and feed her. I've tried explaining that she probably doesn't need to eat every time she wakes up (which has been more often this week), but all he wants is to go back to sleep. I don't blame him, I do too, but I don't want her to get used to eating so much at night plus it can wake her up so she doesn't fall back asleep well which is counterproductive. This morning I noticed that she is getting circles under her eyes from not sleeping enough so I may need to really put my foot down about not feeding her right away. We haven't tried the pacifier in a couple months, maybe it's time to bring it back and see how she does.
    Ladybug2821
  • @lajoliedreamer Awww, hopefully the paci will help.  

S definitely doesn't get enough day time sleep but not quite sure there is anything we can do about it. Her naps are almost always 30 mins. We put her down when she gives her sleepy ques but she's always still tired after waking up. 
    lajoliedreamerm6agua
  • We added a heater too and it seemed to help 
    SandNStarsNJdesoky01Ladybug2821
  • SandNStarsNJSandNStarsNJ member
    edited March 2017
     LO  slept a good solid seven hours last night, but DD was next to our bed for the first time ever at 1:30 dressed for school already.  she then refused to go back to her room. Turns out she had her first wetting the bed incident and was covering it up very well. 

ETA: spelling is hard.
    Ladybug2821ZoeFer
  • awww poor DD @SandNStarsNJ that sort of makes me laugh that she got herself ready for school but it sucks that it messed with your sleep window. Fingers crossed LO goes for another good night thanks to the heater
    SandNStarsNJ
  • Not sure if it's from the cold/fever or sleep regression but holy hell he won't sleep. He was up every 1-2,hours and is inconsolable when up. Kind of did that with naps yesterday too i would pick him up from the nap , take him out of swaddle and he would just yell at me - not quite crying but yet unhappy yelling and squirming. I have a pounding headache and I'm exhausted. Going to be a rough day since I can't take my migraine Meds while BF. If H even utters the words he is tired I might lose it 
  • I accidentally put LO to sleep without nursing him for the first time ever. Now I'm just waiting for him to wake up. :#  
    desoky01
  • @SandNStarsNJ FX he stays asleep!
    SandNStarsNJ
  • So last night he knocked himself out and made a five hour stretch. And here I am thinking I could recreate that experience for the past hour. Nope!
    leighry
  • @SandNStarsNJ Yes!  That is so annoying. S took a 2.5 HR nap one time and I tried to do everything the exact same including the exact same time. No such luck. 
  • So I'm worried... LO has a cold, he pooped everywhere at around 6pm, got an early bath and then ate until he passed out around 7 or 7:15. But here's the thing, he's been asleep since. It's now 4:30 in the morning! Obviously he needs his sleep but he's never gone this long without eating and I really want to check on him but I also don't want to wake him up. 

And of course I'm up and pumping instead of sleeping. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ  if it's any help, when my son got sick last week he slept alot longer the normal when we put him down for the night.  if your worried check :) can't guarantee he will go back to sleep however. 
    SandNStarsNJ
  • Let him sleep !
    SandNStarsNJ
  • B was only up 4 times tonight instead of last nights 6-7. I hate this. And for some reason I thought it was the weekend so I let him fuss not realizing that just meant I lost my last sleep window since it was after 4am
  • So the update... my worrisome 4:15 wake up resulted in 10 oz of pumped milk in 20 minutes, a cat nap, and then a baby waking for a 5am feed and cuddle that lasted about 20 minutes. After that I got ready for work, but I am still so worried about this cold. Oh, mom problems...
    kvrunsMrsMaryK2016desoky01
  • Geez... daycare colds don't mess around do they? Is that your source, @SandNStarsNJ?
    SandNStarsNJ
  • :) It has to be! Though the pediatrician said his congestion is also from teething. Tonight we're trying Tylenol to help with his discomfort even though the only sure fire, quiets him every time, solution is sleeping in my arms.  :)
    desoky01
  • Hope he gets to feeling better.  :s
    SandNStarsNJ
  • B slept some long stretches again - yea. But he sounded super snotty and gross again. He seemed like he kicked the cold for 1 day. I hope he hasn't somehow caught one again and this is just lingering affects?
  • edited March 2017
    E's been snotty for almost as long as she's been at daycare, over two months. It will clear then come back within days and is usually worse overnight. It seems to be affecting less kids at daycare now so I'm hoping that will mean she'll finally kick it, but I've had friends tell me that their kid cycled through the daycare cold for 6 months to a year! 

Fx that your LO is able to shake it faster than mine, @kvruns!
  • For everyone battling the daycare cold: I read that babies who get a cold 4-6x a year are less likely to have allergies to harmless things like strawberries or pet dander. This is because the body correctly learns to identify threats vs. perceived threats. So there is a silver lining even though it sucks right now!
    jsmaiLadybug2821SandNStarsNJlajoliedreamer
  • jsmaijsmai member
    Holy sleep regression Batman! S was up every 2 hours last night. (& last night as well) Today is going to be a long day. 

Also, we've been having her sleep in the rock and play forever and we've got to transition her into her crib since she's rolling over now. I think we may have made matters worse for ourselves. Regression plus sleep space change= zombie mom.
  • @jsmai This is actually probably the best time to transition. Since she is already waking up you can knock all that out at once as opposed to having to go through the wake ups two different times. We made the mistake of doing it separately.
  • omg @lajoliedreamer I can't imagine him having it for months ugh. Sorry to hear your's has had it for 2 months :(
  • I feel your pain @jsmai
    jsmai
  • jsmaijsmai member
    @Ladybug2821 Thank you.  That makes me feel a little better about the upcoming week on the strugglebus. One and done would be tolerable.

@kvruns Good luck!
    Ladybug2821