May 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 2.24

2»

Re: FFFC 2.24

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kipperoo  Excellent advice and examples.  Clutter doesn't bother me but it sends DH on a rampage.  Hiring a housecleaner has been the best thing we did post-kid for our marriage.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @LilMissCrafty That is annoying! I love seeing friends cute kids, just not every. single. day.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I totally over share pictures of my kids on FB. Not every day, but more than one every week. 
  • Options

FFFC: For now I would like no pictures/video of me during or after labor. I make the craziest faces when I'm caught off guard. lol

***HOPEFULLY, eventually I become okay with this for memory, ya know?

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @RainyDays86 that's great news about the needy baby and still keeping things clean.  I was a needy and/or bad baby and my mom has promised me my whole life that I will get repaid in full.  So I am a little worried that LO will be a high maintenance babe just like me ;) 
  • Options
    @Kipperoo I really like your account of keeping the house clutter free. I hate clutter, so I anticipate we'll have a similar setup with bins in a few places around the house. Funny thing for us is that we have one clutter zone, and it's the kitchen table. Random stuff just ends up there, so that's something we'll have to change once we actually start eating at the table as a family.
  • Options
    @starphish18 We're very anti clutter, but there's this one spot on the kitchen counter that can pile up (typically returns as we got online orders multiple times a week) and when we set up tables for Christmas it migrated there. H made us take down the tables just to get it to stop. We did end up leaving a small table up as we DO need somewhere to put returns we may not have a box for yet.

Just realized, I have no point. Other than that I relate.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @Kipperoo - I love what you said about the clutter! I hate hearing "you're going to have to change your mind about clutter once there are toys in the picture". I'm only 18 months into that, so it's encouraging to hear other people say that they've managed to maintain their sanity in a sea of would-be clutter for longer than I have!

@CarmCeG - there is nothing wrong with that! I've got pictures from my own camera during/right after labor, but no one else has them! I make terrible faces, as well.  Also, while they were cleaning up the DS, I took a minute to brush and pull up my hair, and wipe my face down with a cleansing wipe before family came in and started taking pictures. It just made me feel better about myself.

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    Kipperoo said:
    For all my fellow clutter haters, the key with the kid baskets is just to make sure you sort through them every month or so--toss the toys that have seen better days, pack up the ones they no longer play with but you want to hang onto for future kiddos, donate the ones that drove you crazy. Once you get a system down, it's REALLY easy to keep up. Kid clutter is no joke...it sneaks up on you. But its easily manageable as long as you attack it relatively frequently. 
    Yes. Yes. Yes. I hate clutter and my friends like to joke that I have "the most organized kids toys". We have baskets for everything and everything has a place! And I've totally taught my 5 and almost 3 year old the system and they know! I am tell them to put their toys away and they cannot them away exactly how I had it. It takes a lot of practice but totally worth it in my opinion. DH says I've passed down the OCD trait to them, but I think I'm just making them organized. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I've had a different experience to most here it seems, probably because I was a teenage mother, but when DS was a newborn everyone wanted to come around and see him, but I was never invited to anything, 3yrs later it still seems to be an "oh you have a kid you wouldn't have wanted to" 
    i wish I even got the option to decline invitations because of my kid. I only have one friend that actually makes an effort now, even H's friends have all dropped off the face of the earth. My one friend H doesn't like so spending time with him is difficult, plus he's just started a new job so those hours are difficult for me to arrange around, but we still catch up with phone calls at least once a week.
    its really nice having someone that understands we're at different stages in life and still makes an effort. Honestly I gave up making the effort for people who didn't make the effort for me, probably accounts for a lot of why I feel so isolated, but I'd rather have 1 friend who actually wants to do something than have 10 who I have to chase
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    FFFC: We got a text from MH's cousin inviting us to a dinner cruise for his wife's 30th birthday. MH told me he felt like crap because he dropped the ball on my 30th last year. I told him he did and am not above making him feel horrible about it until my birthday at the end of March. 

I take birthdays very seriously and was very excited about my 30th, which he knew. I have also already started coming up with ideas for his 30th next year. 
  • Options
    CarmCeGCarmCeG member
    edited February 2017

@ChristinaWild I would like pictures, but if my sister gets a hold of a truly embarrassing PIC/VID she WILL BRING IT UP ALWAYS. SO said I have the right to tell someone to delete a picture if I truly don't like it. I have to see how I'll go about the phone/camera use.

& I'll deff try to clean up my face a bit prior to baby & me(fam) pics lol

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    KMD1106 said:
    DD was being crabby and annoying DH, so he offered to clean my car out for me before we go trade it in for my new one tomorrow! I should probably go help him, but I'm "dealing" with DD (who is now happily playing and not crabby at all). 
    Ooh what are you getting? I forget if you were my partner in Volkswagen TDI crime or not, I just sold
    mjne back and got a new car two weeks ago. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    KMD1106 said:
    DD was being crabby and annoying DH, so he offered to clean my car out for me before we go trade it in for my new one tomorrow! I should probably go help him, but I'm "dealing" with DD (who is now happily playing and not crabby at all). 
    Ooh what are you getting? I forget if you were my partner in Volkswagen TDI crime or not, I just sold
    I'm upgrading from a Ford Escape to an Edge. It's so much more roomier! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    KMD1106 said:
    KMD1106 said:
    I'm upgrading from a Ford Escape to an Edge. It's so much more roomier! 
    I love my Edge! I have a 2013, we traded in my Challenger before DD was born when I finally accepted that a 2-door was not feasible with an infant car seat. It's a great vehicle!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.