June 2017 Moms
Options

Going Home Outfits

Re: Going Home Outfits

• Options
    Will likely be doing NB size...my son was swimming in his 0-3 month outfit on the way home (6.5 lbs) and I anticipate lil' bro won't be much bigger. Still looking for a good and affordable option
  • Options
    @itsfine I just spent an hour on Aliexpress. I'm team green, and I have never until this moment wanted to know the sex of my baby. I have an outfit for dd for summer in my cart in her size and  0-3 month size because I weirdly have just now become a person who wants to dress her (potential) daughters in matching adorable outfits. I want to buy it so much, but it is so stupid!
    I say buy it! If you end up having a boy you can resell the outfit on the AliExpress resale site and get your money back! 

If you aren't interested I can give you the name of the Ali kids/baby Facebook page. You won't be disappointed :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @itsfine Wow, that's awesome. I'm definitely interested. What is the Facebook page?
  • Options
    @ellie111227 and for anyone else that would like to check out the Ali page! 
  • Options
    @itsfine thank you! For real :-)
  • Options
    @Ahutch428 just curious... how do you plan to strap her in to the carseat?  We have some super soft bamboo bunting/gowns but I only used them at home with my twins.
  • Options
    @Ahutch428 Ohh I just love those sleeping gowns! Those were my fave sleeping attire for the first year!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    Here's our boy outfit...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Such cute outfits! Given that going home will literally be crossing the street, I'll probably just have DH grab something depending on the baby's size and the temperature. Boring, I know!

And for reference - DD was over 8 lbs and long at birth, and still went home in newborn sized clothes since she'd lost a bit of weight (8 oz) and swam in a 0-3 sleeper. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    This inspired me to look on etsy all morning for outfits.  I will probably buy one girl and one boy.  I am also looking for cute big bro/big sis shirts.  :)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @keniialise So there are no issues with the gown and a car seat overall? Just pull it up like a dress and put a blanket over her? 
  • Options
    @Allybiery OMG I need those!
  • Options
    @MKRLTX yep we just bunched it up, strapped her and then pulled it back down on her legs. 
  • Options
    mamaelle27mamaelle27 member
    edited February 2017
    @michaela0704, @MKRLTX- Seconding @Ahutch428 's pic above, it's super easy to put them in the car seat in the gown b/c the gowns are long and flexible. My DD wore gowns almost exclusively during the day the first few weeks and it was so easy. I couldn't stand outfits with buttons b/c I never seemed able to get the buttons to match up.
  • Options
    @lmudra I think I may have to copy you! so cute!

• Options
    HOW ARE BABIES SO SMALL?! 

Ok, freakout over. Not that I think we should all walk around with 15lbs of baby but I really can't wrap my head around the teeniness at the moment. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We had a sleeping gown for my DD as her going home outfit, for the car seat you do it just like you'd do a skirt. 
    Where did you get that adorable outfit? I have a couple gowns, but they are hard to find!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    For those of you who've ordered from AliExpress- have  you ever encountered any problems other than the possible longer shipping times?  DH thinks it's shady lol.
  • Options
    For those of you who've ordered from AliExpress- have  you ever encountered any problems other than the possible longer shipping times?  DH thinks it's shady lol.
    Just order one thing and test it. That was my plan, but I couldn't decide which outfit to get so I spent $40 for 6 things. But if you just spent $5 and free shipping it's not really much of a loss I think. I'm a little nervous about what will actually show up though. Lol 
  • Options
    I've never had any issues. All products that I've ordered, which has been a lot, have all been exactly what I've ordered. You just need to read size charts as some things run different then US sizes. I have never had to wait a full 60 days either. Most I've waited is 30 days. 
  • Options
    @jennas312 I actually had it made special, I found the bow on Etsy and then bought the plain hot pink gown on zulily and took it to a local lady who added her name in the same fabric as the bow.

you can find blank gowns on amazon (I couldn't find hot pink though) 
  • Options
    What should mom wear while delivering? I heard to bring a robe. I didn't know if anything else is allowed?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited February 2017
    @jennas312 I would just wear the hospital gown they give you along with maybe a robe and slippers or socks if you get cold. I have seen gowns for labor that you can buy, but it is just going to get gross anyway, so I personally wouldn't bother. If you want one though, I would check with your hospital or birthing center first. They might have a preference about what you wear for the sake of iv access or something else.

Eta- I did wear my bra and panties until it was time to push, because I am super uncomfortable without them. So if you are like that too it might be worth throwing a sports bra or something and panties you don't care about ruining in your bag in case you are wearing something less comfy our that you care about when you head to the hospital.
  • Options
    @Jenna312 in all honesty youll probably end up naked if not close to it. I ended up just in a sports bra but I did put a robe on after.
  • Options
    Thanks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jennas312 said:
    What should mom wear while delivering? I heard to bring a robe. I didn't know if anything else is allowed?
    I wore a stretchy bralette that I just left on the entire time and pulled up to nurse at the end. It was so nice to not be completely naked! ha. 
  • Options
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    I wore the normal hospital gown. My water broke so panties were gone when I arrived. I honestly have no idea what happened to my bra. I remember a nurse unsnapping the top part of my gown before that last push so baby could go immediately to my chest. I didn't care about what I wore at all, but I arrived at the hospital ready to push.