July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/20

• Options
    I was wondering the same @Cait32
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't stop staring/hating on the yellow nail polish every time I see it now!! 
  • Options
    ^i feel that way about pale yellow, it looks dirty. Darker yellows, papaya yellow, I'm fine with. But pale yellow?! 
  • Options
    I need fashion help. I've totally lost my mojo, between working from home, nursing, and now pregnant. I don't even know where to begin. I drop off DS at daycare but don't take my coat off, so many days, no one sees me but DH and DS. Other days, I'm in business attire. I've recently weaned and can't remember how to dress just for me any more.

How do you SAHMs and WFHMs do it? I need inspiration! I'm always too casual or too dressed up. 
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @virginiaunicorn11 I think black clothes, white clothes, nude clothes, are always so much easier to dress up with. They are good to mix and match, (white pants black top, black top nude pants, white top white pants) and a pair of NICE court shoes or platform sneakers look dressy without being OTT.
     I always have six outfits ready (usually three but mix them up) and if you like me Are an eye makeup person but have to leave the house without makeup, sunglasses cover up half the face and style it up. 

Edit it to add:

Also stretchy maxi skirts are a life saver, no need to worry about squeezing in pants.
  • Options
    @DarkSerendipity Happy belated birthday! Mine was Saturday too! :)

@virginiaunicorn11 I agree with the idea of "neutrals" (black, white, tan, navy, grey) that you can dress up. I don't know your personal style, but I have approximately 5,000 scarves that I wear to dress up outfits a bit. I also, personally, like the look of a nice ballet flat or boat shoe with fitted jeans or slacks, small things like that really bring an outfit together.
  • Options
    This is definitely a dear diary post but I've spent the last couple of days online shopping for our new house, looking at paint, and deciding on decor but I cannot bring myself to actually buy anything. I'm so paranoid that once I buy something for it our loan will fall through and we won't actually end up getting the house (even though our mortgage broker and realtor have assured me everything is going way better than expected and we could end up closing early). Our last home buying venture was a nightmare and I think I am still traumatized.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    @stokesm21 we would close and get the keys that same day so we would move our stuff in that weekend (planned closing is a Thursday). We live with DH's parents currently so we wouldn't have to wait until our lease finished or anything like that and our house would literally be 5 minutes down the road so not a huge moved. Our last house was completely furnished so we sold our couches and dining room table so those are the biggest things we will need to buy and typically they take a couple weeks to come in through the furniture store but I still cannot make myself pull the trigger on them. I'm definitely waiting to buy decor and may or may not have hid some stuff around Hobby Lobby lol.

Also super exciting for the bonus! I love when DH or I end up getting paid more than we budget for so we can buy things sooner than planned.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    @GlitterFish I'm late to the party but I definitely would not go and 35w is a great excuse if you feel the need to make one, although I wouldn't.  If they aren't close I'd even hesitate to send a gift.  My cousin was about 7.5mths when I got married so she didn't come and our baby will be about 1.5mths old at the time of one of my other cousins wedding so I've already decided not to go to that.  It'll be about 2 hours away which really isn't much at all but I don't want to do the driving.  I'll send her a gift though for sure.    
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the fashion tips! Good point about neutrals, scarves, and accessories. Part of my issue is I live at the latitude of northern Canada, so it is COLD here. No ballet flats, exposed ankles, or maxi skirts right now. I want my spring/summer wardrobe!! 

@MrsLa3 You dirty enabler ;)

Congrats on the bonus @stokesm21!!!
  • Options
    I shamelessly went without shaving my legs too. Im becoming more and more shameless and I love it lol @supermom83
  • Options
    My random: Dear diary, I got a pedicure today and it's been 6 months since my last one. The nail lady looked at my hairy big toe, judged me for my horribly chipped and almost completely gone nail polish that was left on just the top of the big toenail, and sighed. Was I embarrassed? NOPE! Just bumped away on my phone while I enjoyed those rare 30 minutes of pampering!  Now my toes are pretty. 
    I'm basically right at the point you were at before you got your toes done, lol. I need to get into a salon.  
  • Options
    My random: Dear diary, I got a pedicure today and it's been 6 months since my last one. The nail lady looked at my hairy big toe, judged me for my horribly chipped and almost completely gone nail polish that was left on just the top of the big toenail, and sighed. Was I embarrassed? NOPE! Just bumped away on my phone while I enjoyed those rare 30 minutes of pampering!  Now my toes are pretty. 
    I'm basically right at the point you were at before you got your toes done, lol. I need to get into a salon.  
    I waited too long to take off my toe nail polish (from Oct 30 - about Jan 30) and I got a fungus under there :-1:
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    omg @GlitterFish ! This is where that horrified emoji would be helpful. 
  • Options
    Quick question...

Is it weird that my in-laws constantly refer to the baby as "our baby", as in... all of OUR (collective) baby... Like, they don't say to DH and I, "your baby" they're always saying is "our baby" or "our darling baby" like he's a cake or a table that we're all sharing. I know I shouldn't even think twice about it, because I'm glad they are so excited, but something about their level of excitement sort of creeps me out sometimes. 

Am I crazy? Does anyone else's parents or in-laws speak like this?
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Quick question...

Is it weird that my in-laws constantly refer to the baby as "our baby", as in... all of OUR (collective) baby... Like, they don't say to DH and I, "your baby" they're always saying is "our baby" or "our darling baby" like he's a cake or a table that we're all sharing. I know I shouldn't even think twice about it, because I'm glad they are so excited, but something about their level of excitement sort of creeps me out sometimes. 

Am I crazy? Does anyone else's parents or in-laws speak like this?
    My mother in law does something like this and it drives me crazy. My sons name is Brandon and instead of saying how's Brandon it's how's my grandson, where's my grandson, send pics of my grandson. It drives me crazy!
  • Options
    @Sassenach1743 Yes I agree that's weird.  That reminds me of Mila Kunis going on a rant about fathers-to-be saying "we're pregnant."  One of the many reasons I have a huge girl crush on her.
  • Options
    ***TW loss mentioned****
    @Sassenach1743 my MIL says  "my babies" in regards to my twins but it doesn't bother me. They are the youngest grand babies as of yet, and she helped me with them the first few weeks and really helped me get through the pregnancy. they were also born on the day she delivered her twins stillborn, so I feel like there will always be a special bond between all of us because of circumstance.  

She refers to my older son as baby boy, also strangly doesn't bother me, however if my mom did this it would drive me crazy! 
  • Options
    Lollll@ prenatals making "us" sick. That's too funny. @GreenBean

We are pregnant sounds very odd to me.

I wouldn't mind my parents or my in laws calling my baby theirs. I think it's coming from a place of excitement and unconditional love. They are done having children(in most cases) and it's very exciting for them to see their children having children. 
  • Options
    @Sassenach1743  My mom does the same thing.  She always says "our baby" and I have to quickly remind her that it's not hers it's ours and that she had no part in making it.  Some days if she's feeling particularly happy she says "my baby" and at that point I just ignore her lol.  Yesterday, I was stressed out and she said, "Don't stress.  You're giving my baby cortisol."  It's just new grandparent excitement I think.  It makes me laugh, but every once in a while I set her straight.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Sassenach1743 it annoys the hell out of me and i hate that it does because it feels really petty when i try and sift through why it's so irritating. 
  • Options
    It's Mardi Gras in New Orleans which means we are gearing up for five straight days of parades and parties (essentially tailgating on a city-wide scale). I haven't missed not being able to drink this pregnancy, but being sober for this whole affair is less than fun.

I need suggestions for go-to non-alcoholic drinks that aren't loaded with sugar and are fairly easy to tote around and put in a cooler (ie- drinks mixed with fresh fruit aren't doable on the parade route. Anything premixed and canned or bottled is preferable.) I am not a big soda drinker and want to limit caffeine.  I love the San Pellegrino fruit seltzers but they are loaded with sugar and I'll be in a diabetic coma if a drink those all day. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    @oheliza44  My go-to mocktail has been seltzer water (la croix) and cranberry juice with a twist of lime.  You can get flavored seltzer and there is no sugar added.  It looks like a Vodka cranberry and they are quite tasty. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    @SquirttheTurtle I may have to pre-mix stuff and put it in a thermos. It's hard to drink out of an open cup (as opposed to a can or bottle) because you will spill things all over yourself diving for beads. Sounds ridiculous, I know. 
  • Options
    La Croix! Peach Pear is my favorite. 
  • Options
    +1 for la croix. Lots of flavors, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Sassenach1743 it annoys the hell out of me and i hate that it does because it feels really petty when i try and sift through why it's so irritating. 
    Yep, this is me too. It bugs me and I can't really figure out why. I know they're just excited and have been so supportive this whole time. Everyone is happy and excited for this baby... so I shouldn't complain. It's just a protective Mom thing, I guess. I just don't like the ownership thing, it's makes me feel like less... does that make sense? Like they just want to get their hands on my baby and take over or something. I know it sounds terrible but the over-excitement turns me off. ((shrugs))
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yep, this is me too. It bugs me and I can't really figure out why. I know they're just excited and have been so supportive this whole time. Everyone is happy and excited for this baby... so I shouldn't complain. It's just a protective Mom thing, I guess. I just don't like the ownership thing, it's makes me feel like less... does that make sense? Like they just want to get their hands on my baby and take over or something. I know it sounds terrible but the over-excitement turns me off. ((shrugs))
    Word for word, YES. 

It's gotta be some sort of primal maternal mama bear instinct thing coming out, right? Can I just chalk it up to that? 
  • Options
    Add me to the La Croix bandwagon. Do you have a soda stream? That at least allows for use of re-sealable bottles; you could make yourself some bubble water with lemon and mint leaves.
  • Options
    You guys - a kindergarten class threw a wedding for two ducks.
    https://nymag.com/thecut/2017/02/duck-wedding.html
  • Options
    @oheliza44 I'm just jealous. I miss LA sooooo much, DH was actually just looking at a postion at Noroco  (sp?) In BR. 
  • Options
    MrsLa3 said:
    @oheliza44 I'm just jealous. I miss LA sooooo much, DH was actually just looking at a postion at Noroco  (sp?) In BR. 
    I know that area very well! PM me know if you have any questions- I'd be happy to give you the scoop.