July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/20

Weekly chatter thread for 2/20.

My random thought - Whatever happened to @Cait32? Hope you're okay out there!
Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/20

• Options
    I can't remember who it is...but someone is in week 21 right now and has babysizer for their siggy and it's currently a chipotle burrito. And now I want chipotle. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rae1 I think its @manillabar!

I've actually never had chipotle.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    I've done jack at work today, but I made the drive up 90% so I could go to Buy Buy Baby afterwards and look at their gliders. I can't get the Pottery Barn one off my mind but it's CRAZY to spend that much, IMO!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @rae1 I think its @manillabar!

I've actually never had chipotle.
    WHAT?! Stop what you're doing and go now. 

I literally eat chipotle at least once a week lol The guac is heaven. 
  • Options
    I know, my siggy has been fueling my cravings in the worst ways. @GlitterFish you need to get chipotle in your life fast!  I would make H go with me for dinner but I have a work meeting this evening and we're having burritos from a local place so I guess it'll have to do for now.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Lol we don't have it where I live... Not sure about the city where I work. I've been having taco bell at least twice a week though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @GlitterFish I would do anything for some Taco Bell right now but I live in a city that has basically outlawed/zoned out all fast food! There are no fast food restaurants within a five mile radius and my life is mostly walking-based so none for me. Artisanal sandwiches and fancy coffee are great and all, but I could really crush a McDouble or some Chik Fil-A right now.
  • Options
    @Chamomile LOVE me some Taco Bell. Don't have it often but I had it yesterday and it was AMAZING! Nachos supreme completely hit the spot
  • Options
    My DS (16mo) has never been one to cuddle, probably since he started crawling, he's always been on the move. Unfortunately, he got a little cold over the weekend, which normally doesn't stop him regardless, but he's been so cuddly all day. I hate that he's not feeling good, but I'm loving all the cuddles. I miss him laying on my chest, just wish it was better circumstances :'(<3
  • Options
    @GlitterFish There's one by me, in Middletown, if you ever want to cross the river! I have never been there, either, though.
  • Options
    @kghusker1003 I'm so sorry for you. We just got over that here. After I had it for 2 weeks he had it for 4 days and he acted like his head was going to crack open, throat was just on fire, blah blah blah. Yeah sorry I had it for 2 weeks and you didn't hear me complain once so I have no sympathy. 
  • Options
    Q'doba>>>>Chipotle. 

How can a place not have queso? That makes it un-Tex-Mexican!
  • Options
    @GlitterFish where are you that Middletown is "across the river?" I grew up in Marlboro and Wappingers Falls. So now I'm curious! @chiquita928 it's so funny that just you saying "across the river" was enough for me to know you were in NY, almost as if other people in other states that have rivers don't use them as landmarks like that or something - at least in my mind!
  • Options
    chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited February 2017
    @JmUDuuuukes 07 Right? And as though there is only one river.

Edited bc autocorrect
  • Options
    @Chamomile what town are you in? Can we swap please. I want artisanal sandwiches so bad!!! 

@kghusker1003 sorry about that. Just give him a little bit of attention and itl recover soon ;) (btw fresh grated turmeric honey ginger tea in milk or water always saves the day for us) 
  • Options

Edited bc autocorrect
    It's just like when we say "I'm going to the city for the day." And people from out of state look at me quite confused and ask "what city?" :smile:
  • Options

Edited bc autocorrect
    It's just like when we say "I'm going to the city for the day." And people from out of state look at me quite confused and ask "what city?" :smile:
    Exactly. I've heard people in MA do the same thing with "the cape."
  • Options

I was honestly just coming here to ask this! I've been thinking about her for a few days, but couldn't remember the numbers after her name, and just went back and looked it up today. She never came back to tell us how her wedding went. Hope everything is going well with you @Cait32!
  • Options
    AdaByron said:

I was honestly just coming here to ask this! I've been thinking about her for a few days, but couldn't remember the numbers after her name, and just went back and looked it up today. She never came back to tell us how her wedding went. Hope everything is going well with you @Cait32!
    +1 @Cait32 hope the wedding was amazing and you've just been too busy since! Come say hi!
  • Options
    I've developed sinus congestion and have done nothing for the last few days. I don't even want to leave bed.

I also have developed a more noticeable lactose problem....like, I used to only get upset stomachs with milk in my cereal and made the switch to almond milk long ago, but now it's everything BUT cheese! (I will cry if I can't have cheese. I will lose my mind). 
  • Options
    @cielaw89 it happened super gradual for me too! My advice: please get digestive enzymes and probiotics.
  • Options
    mj8215 said:
    AdaByron said:

+1 @Cait32 hope the wedding was amazing and you've just been too busy since! Come say hi!
    +1 hope the wedding was amazing and that you're doing great! @Cait32
  • Options
    Anyone in the Northeast been to Sesame Place? Considering taking DD in May as a last hurrah before baby on the way to DC but don't know if it'll be a waste...she'll be just about 2. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    DcwtadaDcwtada member
    edited February 2017
    @dancegurl1118 DH took DSS when he was 2 and he loved it. We are planning on going this summer too after this LO is born, the toddlers will just turn 2 and 3 - we would have gone sooner but it's like 14 hours to drive for us. 

If you go I'd love to know how your toddler liked it! 
  • Options
    @cait32 HOLY GORGEOUS! Congrats and welcome back!!
  • Options
    @Cait32 that is gorgeous! 
  • Options
    Wow!  Beautiful shot @Cait32!!!  Congrats!

DH knocked his glasses off his stack of books last night and he's always so cute when he effs something up because I can have an unpredictable temper.  He always really softly says, "Uh... babe... I uh... have a confession to make...."  It always makes me smile and probably helps me not get mad because he's trying to be honest.

Anyway, he has a stack of books on his nightstand, both comics and daddy books he's reading.  He put his brand new glasses on the stack and accidentally knocked them off.  The lens popped out and he couldn't get it back in.  I told him to bring them to my side of the bed and I tried to pop it back in, but told him I didn't want to break them so he should just take them to the eye doctor in the morning because they are probably under warranty and can be fixed.

Per usual, he doesn't listen and he was standing there messing with them when *POP* he thought he got them back in, but the frame broke and he just looked at me like a deer in headlights.  It took everything in me not to burst out laughing.  I figured I'd follow what he expected and got mad at him for not stopping when I told him to stop.  Then I questioned why they weren't in the case like they should have been.  I really just wanted to give him a hard time even though I found the whole thing kind of funny.  

Luckily, the glasses can be fixed free of charge and all is well.  He told me to remind him of this example the next time he goes too far which I'm sure isn't too far off because he always goes too far.   :D

TLDR:  DH broke his glasses, I laughed at him, but they can be fixed.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Cait32 gorgeous picture! So happy everything was great!

DD has been an ACTUAL baby terrorist today (super unlike her, she is incredibly relaxed 99% of the time). I had to leave the house with her just for my sanity. Unfortunately for us the outlets are an exit away and were having giant president's day sales...she now has enough carters pj's for a year and (my personal bad habit) Yankee candle was having a mega sale ($10 large candles!). Hopefully after her nap she returns to my sweet girl because I can't afford her being crazy. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    glitterfish-2glitterfish-2 member
    edited February 2017
    So we just got a wedding invitation (formal attire, 6 hrs away by car, holiday weekend, DH would need 2 vacation days) for May 27.
    I'll be 35 weeks, so that's a good enough excuse not to go, right??
    It's DH's second cousin or something, I think - they actually got his name wrong on the invitation. I've never met them and they didn't attend our wedding.

ETA: They actually got my name right, which rarely happens anymore since I kept my last name!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So we just got a wedding invitation (formal attire, 6 hrs away by car, holiday weekend, DH would need 2 vacation days) for May 27.
    I'll be 35 weeks, so that's a good enough excuse not to go, right??
    It's DH's second cousin or something, I think - they actually got his name wrong on the invitation. I've never met them and they didn't attend our wedding.
    Ew, I don't even think you need the pregnancy excuse. Just sorry we can't make it, maybe send a gift in the mail if you feel like it. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish Yeah, I think getting DH's name wrong would be my excuse lol.  I agree with @AdaByron, you don't need an excuse and I would send a gift if you feel guilty, but even that's not really necessary.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @GlitterFish Yeah, I think getting DH's name wrong would be my excuse lol.  I agree with @AdaByron, you don't need an excuse and I would send a gift if you feel guilty, but even that's not really necessary.
    You would think his family would know his name is Christian, not Christopher lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Wooooww @GlitterFish! I'd definitely be declining and I wouldn't even feel guilty for not sending a gift!
  • Options
    @GlitterFish I'm using my pregnancy as an excuse not to go a wedding when I'll be 30 weeks.  It's a short flight to a neighbor island. If it was really close family or friends, I'd go.  But I've never met these people.  It is DH's cousin, and they are not close. 

I agree with others that you don't need an excuse, but just saying I'm in a third trimester was just a convenient way to decline without causing offense to DH's cousin's family (and MIL).
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll When we received the photo card save the date last summer, I showed it to DH and he was all... "OK... Who is that?" Lmao!!

The only thing is that we are planning on doing our babymoon on 5/10, so not that much sooner! I don't want to offend "family" but besides the fact that we will have plenty to do that weekend, all I see is $$$$$$!
    Pregnancy Ticker