May 2017 Moms
Options

3rd trimester downsides

I had really horrible morning sickness in the beginning and now its come back. On top of that really bad hip pain tingling shooting up and down my leg. Any tips to help relieve these issues. I don't even know what triggers the morning sickness now and, quit frankly I'm exhausted from it all.

Re: 3rd trimester downsides

• Options
    Hip pain: Try acetaminophen, alternate heat/ice, and sleep on your unaffected side with a pillow between your knees. For the m/s, have some bland food on your nightstand waiting for you. First thing when you awaken, even before sitting up, nibble some saltines or dry Cheerios, and stay as hydrated as possible (80, 100, 120 oz H2O per day). Be sure to call your doc with any concerns. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kat81 That's a good pint, it will be over in a few months. At least by the third trimester you've gone through "most" of the pregnancy. And just think about the baby in the end! Worth it. :)
  • Options
    @kat81 That's a good pint, it will be over in a few months. At least by the third trimester you've gone through "most" of the pregnancy. And just think about the baby in the end! Worth it. :)
    Yes but the point of my post is "just wait, it's about to get a LOT worse!" haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I will say, I was nauseous this morning and had to drink ginger ale (thank goodness they were still in the work fridge from first tri!). I'm hoping it was a fluke though.

How about a 3rd tri perk? Getting so close!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @kat81 The movement was going to be another one of mine. Although some days (like right now) it HURTS. I have a little blue dot (burst vessel??) in this one spot where I always feel poking. I LOVE seeing and feeling movements though.

Another perk: Baby shower (I love gifts. Like, a lot).
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @kat81 The movement was going to be another one of mine. Although some days (like right now) it HURTS. I have a little blue dot (burst vessel??) in this one spot where I always feel poking. I LOVE seeing and feeling movements though.

Another perk: Baby shower (I love gifts. Like, a lot).
    yeah it will start hurting more and more but the movement is interesting.

Baby shower and other "acquiring of baby stuff" is another perk that I completely forgot about because this is our 3rd! My MIL did say something about wanting to have a shower (because this is the first one we're having since we've moved near her) but we sort of shot it down unintentionally! Or maybe intentionally...I don't want to be tacky and we don't need but 3 things, all big ticket, so no good for a shower (carseat, glider, something else I can't remember). She might have some kind of non-shower party after the baby is born, which I think would be a lot more appropriate.

• Options
    pshaortao said:
    I'll be that jerk who says its just gonna get worse. The last month is brutal. 
    La la la, I cant hear you. J/k, I so know it is. I think of how difficult sleep is now and how I cant breathe and get full so quick and blah blah and I'm like omg. 2.5 more months of this... Trying to love every minute though.

@kat81 I feel like people don't talk about the painfulness of it enough! I have been surprised. I don't have any stretch marks yet, but this discomfort makes me think they may be coming (noooo, please no).
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Oh man not looking forward to trying to get my socks and shoes on soon
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I'm with you, "trying to love every minute of it." I love that meme @pshaortao, that's exactly how I feel.
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:
    Wait, you can still do that easily? I've had trouble for a couple months now! I mean, it's still do able...
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I have very long legs and I'm small bellied for 28 weeks still so I can still get things on pretty well but I know it's gonna be impossible to get my compression socks on soon and that's when I'll need them most
  • Options
    Do compression socks help with foot pain? My feet are achy but they aren't swollen yet. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @kns1988 I wear them for my 12-hr shifts as an RN and they help a TON with sore/achy feet. I've never really had a swelling issue, but I love them. You can get some for pretty cheap at walmart/target, or spend some real cash online. So far, my favorite are on the pricier side at procompression.com. They're close to $50/pair, but you can do 5 pairs for $100 which is STILL more than I prefer to pay. 
  • Options
    pshaortao Love that meme! 

nda_roxybabe said:
    Yiggle09 said:
    Wait, you can still do that easily? I've had trouble for a couple months now! I mean, it's still do able...

Relieved I'm not the only one having trouble getting socks on. If the weather stays warm, I might be switching to slide ons soon.
  • Options
    You've already gotten good tips for your discomfort. It won't likely resolve until baby comes. Third tri is a rough time but exciting with the delivery getting so close! Hang in there!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SKZW Haha, I do that too with pressing down sometimes. It never seems to make her stop. If anything, when I press down, she pokes me right back.
  • Options
    @starphish18 .   @LilMissCrafty @ShadeofGreen816  @nda_roxybabe Omg plus one for the trouble with  socks!  I wear compression socks at work like some
    of you bc I stand and walk all day and putting them on is a huge chore.  Not gonna lie...I've had DH help me a few times.  
  • Options
    SKZW said:
    @starphish18: <smiling at the thought of snow angels> It feels weird to me too, for sure! There are rumbles and gurgles and bubble-ups; quick vibrations and wobbly shakes and rolling reverbs; punching bag pounds; and things that feel like twitchy spasms, which can be sudden and sharp and stop me in me tracks. Sometimes I put my hand on my belly and say stop it! and press down, as if that would even make the slightest difference   ;)  
    I definitely don't need to do this yet, but with the other two as I got to the end I definitely would push them down from my ribs when they'd dig in. I'd push HARD. They'd eventually move.

• Options
    Yes, I constantly try to push baby out of my ribs, it's too painful! The vibrations are weird, when your stomach just looks like it has it's own personal earthquake happening.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I've been known to tell DD to "cut it out" whenever she gives me a really hard jab. I probably look like a crazy woman.
  • Options
    Ds used to have his but up by my right ribs then his whole back across belly I'd rub his but and back when he was inside and to this day he loves a back rub and butt pat to soothe
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:
    Lol. This past Friday I put my work asics away and got some clogs by crocs. Also @ShadeofGreen816 I haven't been wearing my compression socks for months now. I was so over the struggle. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Compression socks, FTW. I found some copper infused ones on EBay. Idk what the copper does, but they help my feet. 
  • Options
    I'm loving these comics. I'm with all of you ladies talking about the movements. I love all of the movements, but sometimes the jabs take my breath away, sometimes the "snow angels" feel so weird it makes me cringe a little. We felt baby have hiccups the other day (I'm sure it's happened before and I just didn't realize). Do the movements lessen as baby gets bigger and has less room?
  • Options
    roper2617 said:
    I can not tell everybody enough how much a chriopractor has helped. I went in and we discovered the source of my pain/waddle was because half my pelvis was all out of line and doing its own thing. It's worth looking into in my opinion. 
    Same. I've had bad sciatic nerve pain and SI joint dysfunction since about 22 weeks. Chiropractor has done wonders. It's not all gone but helps a lot. 
  • Options
    @roper2617 Yes! Pregnancy lifesaver.
    @Kipperoo That gave me a good laugh. H will hear my going "owww, you're poking meeee" and be like who are you talking to?! The baby, duh.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry