June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter 2/18

13»

Re: Weekend Chatter 2/18

• Options
    Random question...

Anyone else not announce their pregnancy on social media?
    I didn't (didn't with the prior two pregnancies either).  Just not my style.  Anyone I hadn't told beforehand (close friends and family) just found out when a new human started showing up in my infrequent social posts.
  • Options
    You guys. The amount of pressure type pain I'm experiencing in my vag today is unreal. It's too early for this shiz!
    Me too! Never had this at all last time! Seriously hurts! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We worked on the nursery and then my parents and DHs parents came over for dinner and games. Today we were going to take DD to the park, but it rained off and on, so we watched The Little Mermaid instead. I am super excited for tomorrow because DH and I are both off. We are going to drop DD off at daycare for a little bit and go on a movie date to see Hidden Figures!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You guys. The amount of pressure type pain I'm experiencing in my vag today is unreal. It's too early for this shiz!
    Me too! Never had this at all last time! Seriously hurts! 
    I had it with DS but much closer to the end than this. I was having a hard time sitting comfortably today!
  • Options
    It's not possible that someone could feel a baby kick (with their hand on my stomach) without me feeling it, right? 
    My mom was visiting on Saturday and after about 30 seconds of her hand on my stomach she claimed she felt a kick. I didn't know what to do b/c I didn't feel anything, and DH has been trying for weeks to feel something, only managing to be successful a couple times, and gets a bit frustrated when he can't feel anything. I kind of lamely said something like "I didn't feel anything but maybe it was..." trying to placate both my mom and not make DH jealous. 

In other news, DH and I have been watching my stomach move for the last ten minutes. We're still lounging around in pajama pants instead of my full panel maternity jeans + Bella band to keep them up so we're actually able to see the movements on my bare skin :love:
  • Options
    @c1tym0m22 this is my exact situation... I didn't announce my first pregnancy until ~ 20w due to pressure from close friends feeling as though I needed to be the one to tell everyone as they didn't want to share 'my' news.

This time around... I haven't posted anything, amazingly no older family members posted it on any of my social media accounts, but I'm getting a little pressure again but DH isn't on social media and I'm fine just letting another tiny human suddenly join our family photos this summer.

• Options
    @michaela0704 I haven't posted anything. I forget people don't know and when I run into them these days they're like, "what is happening here? Did I miss an announcement?" 

It's amusing to see people react with confusion.