May 2017 Moms
Options

Hospital Bag

Re: Hospital Bag

• Options
    Just woke up from dreaming about packing my hospital bag. I don't think the rolly one I had in mind originally will work. Now I can't wait to pack.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok, so I got bored and decided to make a spreadsheet with all of our answers arranged by frequency. It's certainly not perfect, but I tried to group things as well as possible, so you can get a feel for what everyone is bringing! 
    I am so impressed you took the time to organize this!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    All the orginazational love to you @ShadeofGreen816!

I seriously need to get on packing my bag when I get back home. OB told me that my bag needs to be packed by the start of my NST appointments at 32wks. With DD1 and DD2 I think I started throwing stuff together around 37wks. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    Thank you @ShadeofGreen816! This is HUGE!
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    vrj0522 said:
    Ok, so I got bored and decided to make a spreadsheet with all of our answers arranged by frequency. It's certainly not perfect, but I tried to group things as well as possible, so you can get a feel for what everyone is bringing! 
    I am so impressed you took the time to organize this!
    Honestly didn't take horribly long! Plus it was a little selfish because I used that list to make my own list. I haven't been around/supportive much lately so thought I should do something for the greater good ;)
    The greater good thanks you!! This is super helpful and I think I will start pulling things together sooner rather than later.

P.S. Can you please add snacks to the Partner/Dad list? Thx!
  • Options
    I don't think this specific question has been asked - I tried to do a quick search. Has anyone ordered a 'designer' hospital gown (or did you have one before STM's)? I understand this is NOT a necessity and that it will get hospital germs (and possibly bodily fluids) on it. My mom offered to buy me one after hearing a fellow expectant grandmother talk about them, so it's not like it would cost me anything. Talking about something like this... https://www.amazon.com/Gownies-Labor-Delivery-Maternity-Hospital-pregnancy/dp/B002BB585I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489082059&sr=8-2&keywords=hospital+gown
  • Options
    @emilyalso - I didn't get one of those. I feel like a hospital gown would get dirty and end up in the trash or get no use after the hospital stay anyway so not worth it to me. However, if your mom is wanting to get you one, you might want to suggest getting a nursing gown instead, which you'll be able to use at the hospital and once you get home. Or you can just get the maternity gown which is free anyway, right? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @emilyalso I got a nursing nightgown and loved it. I wanted to be in my own clothes as soon as possible and it was great to have something comfortable that I could nurse in that wasn't a hospital gown. I don't remember the exact brand but it was something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J9BE8UE/ref=cts_ap_1_vtp?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2897711242&pf_rd_r=M5ZGG12RY4F23PPFR671&pd_rd_wg=Rfc8Z&pf_rd_s=mobile-detail-softlines&pf_rd_t=40701&pi=SL110&pd_rd_i=B00J9BE8UE&pd_rd_w=mXnYM&pf_rd_i=mobile-detail-softlines&pd_rd_r=M5ZGG12RY4F23PPFR671&dpPl=1&dpID=31UEVSuaeWL

It made me feel more comfortable but it was cheap enough that I wasn't worried about it getting ruined, and the black made me less worried about stains. 
  • Options
    @emilyalso - I used the gown provided by the hospital and actually really liked it for many reasons. It was one that tied around the arms, so it was easy to untie so I could tuck the baby inside the gown and on my chest for skin to skin. It did open in the back, but I brought a cheap, light weight robe that I'd slip on whenever I was out of bed and had no issues with that. I'm also really into using everything provided by the hospital, since insurance is paying for all of that anyways- so, whenever anything at all got on my hospital gown, I'd request a fresh one. Another plus was not having much laundry to do when I got home and not throwing anything out. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @emilyalso I never got an extra gown. I pretty much lived in the hospital gown the first day and then switched over to a nursing tank and just the hospital mesh underwear. I was sitting in bed under a blanket 99% of the time so I could care less that I was literally only in underwear. Plus after birth I would be super hot at one moment and then need a blanket.  
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    I plan on ordering a variety of these to switch into: https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1072910&vid=1&pid=422176042
    I love Gap's nightgowns in general and I know I'll feel so much better in my own sort of thing.

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe , those GAP nightgowns are really cute. I might just have to order some. I lived in similar nightgowns during the 3rd trimester and then after the baby came, but they had buttons at the top that were a huge pain to do and undo. This looks way easier. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Kipperoo It looks like they only have the 2 prints right now, but I know just a month ish ago and few months before that there were other prints so I think they come out with new ones a lot. I'm digging the floral one though.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @emilyalso I echo what others have said. I would personally skip a special birthing gown, but if your mom is looking to get you something for the hospital a nursing night gown or pjs (in a dark color) would be very useful for there and home. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I'm totally ordering that nightgown. It will be perfect for summer especially my house with no AC! 
    I'm only seeing the floral pattern though? It's on sale though and backordered til April 17 though! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @hp_momma I thought I saw a solid grey option (not available in my size). I didn't realize the back order, I hope I can order it soon!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @emilyalso I too fall on the modest end of things and prefer to be as covered as I can be post labor and wore something along the lines of this with a sweater like this after delivery. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Our hospital bag is basically done. Except I can't bring myself to close it up because I feel like more things will crop up in the coming weeks. And it's the last "nesting" thing I have to obsess over.
  • Options
    I threw my stuff in my hospital bag this weekend. Its only got our going home clothes so far, but I'm going to finish it up this week. I told H to think about packing his as well.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I just printed the spreadsheet so I can check off things that I have and put in the bag. That way I can see what we'll still need to get! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes thank you! Looking forward to checking this thread out today!
  • Options
    I should probably get a bag ready.  I'm dragging my feet on this but I have ZERO energy!
  • Options
    Crap! I really need to do this  :s

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I need a fan. Should I get a desk fan to sit on the night stand or are the bed rails typically a size to accommodate a clip on fan?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited April 2017
    I need a fan. Should I get a desk fan to sit on the night stand or are the bed rails typically a size to accommodate a clip on fan?
    I had no nightstand by my hospital bed either time. And your bed rails will be up or down depending on what the nurse needs to do. When it's time to push, my bed rails have always been down. I'd maybe get one of those handheld fans and your DH can be in charge of holding. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe - And definitely ask for a cool rag if you think that will help! 
  • Options
    @emilyalso Thats the 1 major thing I've ensured H and my Mom know and that we will tell the nurses once admitted. I get these weird spells and I need a cool rag when I do! The fan will help me too and on my hospital tour they actually recommended it. Of course I didn't pay enough attention to where it'd go.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    emilyalso said:
    @nda_roxybabe - And definitely ask for a cool rag if you think that will help! 
    Yes! And ice chips! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    I was the opposite for some reason and had to keep asking my husband to go turn the temp in the room up to like almost 80° and the reason he had to keep doing it is because every time a nurse would come in they would turn it back down and mumble something lol. And I wore a long thick fleece robe the entire time... so strange cuz I hate being hot normally. 
  • Options
    @emilyalso Thats the 1 major thing I've ensured H and my Mom know and that we will tell the nurses once admitted. I get these weird spells and I need a cool rag when I do! The fan will help me too and on my hospital tour they actually recommended it. Of course I didn't pay enough attention to where it'd go.
    There is like a little "meal table" that slides next to the bed that holds your ice chips cup or water... so maybe one of those little desk ones wouldn't be bad for that. My other concern would be if there is a plug near, so I would definitely get some sort of battery operated one! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14