May 2017 Moms

Hospital Bag

12345679»

Re: Hospital Bag

• @WombThereItIs & @lrwardrop pretty sure I'll be the same unless H's stuff takes up too much room..doubt baby's will (maybe we'll take his diaper bag just for his stuff?). But the extra space can be for all of the goodies you'll take home with you! :) Bright side?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Loading the player...
  • @WombThereItIs and @lrwardrop Congrats on the extra space. Ours is full to the brim, but I knowingly overpacked. (We packed a neck support for the bathtub in case it turns into a water birth, a personal fan, a heating bad, etc. Lots of extras.)
  • Anyone have snack ideas? I mostly don't like the "healthy" stuff, especially after suffering through GD the last few months.  Any type of bars or nuts are a no go.  Can I take oreos? JK. Seriously, though, I might just rely on the vending machine.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot I'm 100% there with you on being over eating carefully. I want whatever I want. I bought some candy, poptarts, and lean pockets, then healthier snacks I'd be okay eating like chocolate granola clusters, muffins I individually wrapped, and "healthy" popcorn.
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot chips and chocolate would be my guilty pleasure snacks  :p

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• I can't decide on a bag, why are little details like this so over thought? haha I tried to do just a duffle and its packed how many women have use a small carry on? I just don't want to look like that person who over packed, which I totally am....  

I think after the boppy suggestions, I'm going to bring it with the pump and leave it in the car just in case we need them.
  • @Cubslove12 We used a small hard case roller bag for us and our diaper backpack for baby. I say better to over pack than under. Who cares what people think.
  • @Cubslove12 - I bought a new bag just to take to the hospital - because I'm crazy (and it was SO CUTE!). It's what I'm calling my 'clothes bag' and isn't very large. I also have an open tote kind of bag for toiletries/hair dryer/anything I might need to toss in at the last minute. 
  • Okay, question...I've already packed my bag, but I keep wondering about this. We put both NB and 0-3 month size onesies in the bag, but how many do you actually use while you're in the hospital? 1, 2, none? I feel like they are always just wrapped up in the swaddle or you're doing skin to skin...maybe I'm just imagining things...

• SKZWSKZW member
    @BabyMC517: I've seen some variations on this board in terms of what people choose to dress their babies in while in hospital and different hospital policies/practices. That said, yes, I think you're assumptions are correct. We swaddled him the entire time in hospital, and had two outfits for coming-home dressing only.

Swaddling is simplest. No dirty laundry. That's what the nurses are used to, also. I wouldn't want a little t-shirt getting in their way of doing their jobs.
  • BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks @skzw! I had printed out the excel sheet and went off of it and onesies were listed. I was like well I guess I can throw some in just in case! I've probably definitely over packed and probably won't even use the onesies so we don't have a ton of laundry and they don't get in the way like you said. :) 

ETA: Thanks @WombThereItIs! Totally missed your comment! Sorry about that! I might be repacking my bag haha

• @BabyMC517 I'll be a FTM but I went off of the hospital website which said just to bring a going home outfit. I have a newborn and 0-3 month outfit packed.
  • @chocolatelemons I didn't even think to check the hospital website...maybe I'll do that, too just in case they have certain policies!