Infertility
Options

March IUI

Re: March IUI

• Options

@MountainLady Thank you! :)

@junicek A new board was created. Its called March TWW Updates.

~AC~

Me: 31 | DH: 33 | Married: 11/11/2011

Me: Empty Sella Syndrome

AMH: 12/2016=0.97, 06/2017=0.70

TTC#1 (11/18-12/12/2016): Menopur 75iu increased to 225iu= 5mm follie * Cancelled

TTC#2 (3/17- 4/06/2017): Menopur 225iu increased to 300iu = 8mm follie RS& 7mm follie LS. * Cancelled

TTC#3 (6/20/17): Progesterone for 14 days. 

(7/8-7/17): Gonal F 225iu and Menopur 75iu=  5.59mm LS &  5.09mm RS. 

(7/18-7/27): Gonal F 225iu and Menopur 150iu= 6.14mm LS & 6.23mm RS.

(7/28-7/30): Gonal F 150iu and Menopur 150iu= 11.6mm  LS & 11.79mm RS.

(7/31/2017): Ovidrel shot - TIC 07/31-08/02/2017 - TWW- BFN :(

TTC#4 (8/25-Currently) Gonal F 225iu and Menopur 150iu= appt. on Wednesday

• Options
    Hi guys! Wow, as @funkykey said,  yesterday was a bad day to not check the boards :) 

My two cents is: A Harvard study concluded that woman suffering from infertility feel as anxious or depressed as those diagnosed with cancer, hypertension or recovering from a heart attack.  
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/The-psychological-impact-of-infertility-and-its-treatment
    It is confusing, disappointing, sad, frustrating, stressful, expensive, sometimes embarrassing, sometimes brings feelings of guilt etc. Above all, infertility is lonely.  Rules are made to protect the hurting and to create balance.  They are important and serve a purpose.  However, rules that become too strict hurt the very essence of that purpose.  More people are hurt because the 2WW board is closed.  I saw another was opened and I will post there.  I won't leave because I need you guys. I understand my girl @jaejaystark wanting to leave but I know she will be in my life regardless.  We have been following each other's journey (a lot thanks to @funkykey for the great chart on all our dates  B) ). I was never offended. 

@thothscribe81 I'm so sad for you.  I knew you were going to take a break after this month because of how awful and emotionally draining it all is.  I'm sure it's been a rough couple days.  I'm so sorry.

ShyTonia Congratulations! Your numbers look amazing.  That is SO exciting.  I can't wait to see updates. I did get the notification that the 2WW was closed and it was because of the pictures of tests.  

@londonsmom-2 Thanks for the 2WW resource. I'm on day 7 and losing my mind. 

AC93639 Welcome! What CD were you on on the 17th when you saw the follicles? I ask because mine were only 13 on cd 11 and just took a really long time to grow.  My IUI was on CD 19 but I've seen girls go even longer than that. Growing to 8 is good! That sounds like a complicated and difficult diagnosis but something they can treat with medications and hopefully get you to the results we all desire. 

junicek I feel like people read more when there is a TW.  It's like looking at an accident while driving.  We don't want to see it but for some reason, it's important to look.  

@kiwisun4385 Good luck!!

@mountainlady you are so funny.  Why are they all so different? It's the worst feeling in the world to think that a BFP or BFN might be wrong because of not knowing which test goes with the corresponding box.  Welcome back from a little internet break.

• Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    +OPK this AM, 9am IUI tomorrow! Just squeaked it in in March :smile:

Was pretty much expecting an + tomorrow and IUI Thursday so the plan was to pickup our sample Tomorrow and DH would do it since it's closer to his work. Well now we need the sample today so it's an extra $100 for a rush and DH is out of the country so I have to take the little girl I nanny on a 2 hour road trip to the sperm bank... :D
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    I'm still here... I've been super emo lately. Great post @Irisheyes81

I'm getting negative hpts and won't go for my beta unless I get a positive. I'm 13dpiui and feeling pretty down about it all. 
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    ttc with TI June 2016 - Nov 2016 = BFN 
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    •  Mar 2017 - IUI #2, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  April 2017 - IUI #3, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  May 2017 - IUI #4, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • April 2017 - Baby Boy Beckett was born. 
    • August 2019 - FET, transferred one day 5/6 embryo | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • Options
    @irisheyes81 thank you for your kind words *hugs* I'm glad i found this board and such supportive friends!
  • Options
    Sorry you've been feeling so down @JaeJayStark. Hoping today brought better news <3 

Just had my IUI this morning, is anyone else in the TWW with me?? And from what I recall we've only had two BFPs this month, there needs to be more floating out there somewhere. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Welcome @AC93639 - did you have an IUI this month? We have started an April IUI thread too, it's just not quite as active yet...

@thothscribe81 - I'm sorry. I noticed on the TWW thread that it was official. :( I'd hoped you'd only had a negative HPT, and that your bloodwork would be positive. A BFN after an IUI - or even any treatment - is gutting. Take care of yourself, and all the best to you over the next few weeks!

@SoonToBeMommaHowe - glad you squeaked that in. :)

@JaeJayStark - I am sorry you are feeling down. Really hoping it's too soon to test and that you get a BFP today!

Guys, what we are going through is very, very difficult. IF treatments are not for the faint of heart. I know now that a lot of us are getting BFNs (statistically about 80% of us), things are really tough. Every time I try something new and it fails, I feel it like a punch to the gut, or a kick to the head. I think: "How could I let myself be hopeful again?" and then: "How do I keep going on?" 

I want to say, I have so much respect for all of you, for everyone who tries in spite of setbacks and disappointments - for everyone who puts themselves out there, and who handles these disappointments, over and over, with strength and grace. It is so beautiful to me that, in spite of our disappointments, we do a good job of being happy and supportive for those who have succeeded.

Anyway, thank you for inspiring me, and for being so kind. :)

• Options
    @funkykey  You summed up my feelings extremely well!!!  This is such a hard process and while its still devastating to get a negative month after month, its helpful to have communities like this and ladies like you all to commiserate with.  And thank you for your inspiration!!!!!!  You are an awesome lady :) 
  • Options
    @funkykey thank you so much for the kind words. It means so much ❤
  • Options
    SO i was having a bad day. I been getting cramps all morning and sore breast. Same as I was getting last month right before AF showed up. Im trying to stay hoeful but I know my body. 

@funkykey thank you so much for this! You gave me some positivity on this gloomy day.

BTW Im 6dpiui only 6 more to go.. ughhh
    **Child mentioned**
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I am a BFN. I won't go in for a beta unless I get a positive HPT. I am 14dpiui and they are still negative. I'll let you know if anything changes. Thank you @funkykey! You are such a great support! So well said. 

After my tantrum, it looks like I am sticking around on the bump. I just love you ladies too much!
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    ttc with TI June 2016 - Nov 2016 = BFN 
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    •  Mar 2017 - IUI #2, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  April 2017 - IUI #3, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  May 2017 - IUI #4, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • April 2017 - Baby Boy Beckett was born. 
    • August 2019 - FET, transferred one day 5/6 embryo | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • Options
    @Irisheyes81 That is so funny! I think you just invented a new game for women who are ttc: Growing follicle or bowel movement? :D

Thanks for sharing that! Had a good laugh! :smile:
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @JaeJayStark - sorry re: BFN. :( Damn. Take it easy - the BFN days, and CD1- I find those the most depressing.

@londonsmom-2 & @Sonebone - FX for you during the rest of your TWW! Agonizing!

@Irisheyes81 - LOL. But also, in all seriousness - as I've approached ovulation on clomid, and even during my luteal phase now, I've had both more gas and more constipation. Ugh. @Jeansis - that game - growing follicle or bowel movement - would actually be really hard on fertility meds! Hahaha! Maybe there'd be an advanced "IVF" only round? ;)
  • Options
    baseballhoneybaseballhoney member
    edited March 2017
    @funkykey Thank you! I needed to hear that today. 

@jeansis Thank you for the laugh! That would be quite the game. 

@JaeJayStark I'm sorry to hear that! I'm supposed to test tomorrow and have been getting negatives too. It sucks. I'm glad you are sticking around though!
  • Options
    @jeansis I love that game! you're hilarious.  :D 
    @funkykey Me too! I'm on famera and it totally messes with my digestive system. I also feel like the prenatal I take makes me constipated. Iron.... maybe? Anyone else? 
    • TTC since June 2016
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 

• Options
    @funkykey you are a wonderful support for this group. You are very appreciated!! It's a terribly difficult process. Thank goodness for support.

@JaeJayStark I'm sorry you have been getting BFN. It's the crappiest feeling. Take care of you. 

@baseballhoney so very sorry for your negative results too. Thinking of you and hoping your beta is positive tomorrow 
  • Options
    @funkykey Beautifully worded and thank-you, you offer such great support and this group has really helped me during my journey.
  • Options
    @funkykey you are the best :) you manage to write everything so eloquently!

@Irisheyes81 femara made me intolerable - in surprised DH could share a room with me!
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Well said @funkykey <3

@irisheyes81 my IUI went well. DHs total motile count was 37mil and the nurse commented that someone doing their first IUI should practice on someone like me because my cervix is perfectly centered and a breeze to insert the catheter in. My question then is if its so easy to get into then why the heck can 37 million swimmers not find the egg!?
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    My phone rang just as I finished typing that - the clinic calling to say my beta was up to 100 from the test this morning :D I can't stop crying, in so happy! 

I've got abdominal cramps, just like a bad period but was too choked up to ask her if that's normal! 
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @mountainlady congrats on the beta!
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe oh man, you're lucky because I have the exact opposite experience every time I've had an HCG or IUI. They always hit a wall and have to use a "road map" to remember how to get it in AND a special catheter! I asked my doctor if the sperm might have trouble getting through but she said no, sperm are so tiny that they find a way in.
  • Options
    just popping in to say my first IUI was a fail - BFN today and started AF. My clinic is still making me go for a beta tomorrow which I feel is unnecessary but apparently is part of their protocol. best of luck to those ladies in the tww!

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • Options
    @Irisheyes81 thank you so much for that laugh! I needed it!
    **Child mentioned**
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    @seethosestars I'm very l sorry your iui didn't work. My clinic also makes me go for beta even if AF shows up. It feels like adding insult to injury 
  • Options
    Sorry about the BFN @seethosestars

@Sonebone that sounds awful, I'm sorry you have to go through that. She did say some people spot and cramp badly but I couldn't even tell she was in and then she said all done and took the clamp out. High five for my cervix I guess!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Well, I tested at home today and got a BFN. Also, I was bleeding some so I am not even going to bother going in for my beta since I think AF is starting. 

@seethosestars I am sorry about your BFN. Sending you hugs and good thoughts. 
  • Options
    @mountainlady YAY! that is so amazing. What great news to read :) Famera makes me pretty intolerable but this round of progesterone is next level.  I yelled at DH last night with tears running down my face. He's like "do you want wine or ice cream?" oops

@SoonToBeMommaHowe Awesome numbers! 37 million is so strong. High five to your cervix! Mine was a little more like @sonebone where it's more complicated. Nothing better than smooth sailing with a catheter.  Glad it went well though! How many follicles did you have this time?  

@seethosestars So sorry to hear that. Nothing like CD1.  I love the picture on your siggy :) 

@baseballhoney That's the worst. Sorry about the BFN.  Take care of yourself :( 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• TTC since June 2016

• Options
    Lol, sorry the progesterone is kicking your butt @Irisheyes81. These hormones are enough to make us crazy!

DH always has great numbers so I'm thinking we're dealing with an egg quality issue but of course we won't know that until IVF, if we get there. I think I just had one follie...I had a 13mm cyst on cd3, then at my check on cd14 I have two 13s, a 19 and a 27. I'm guessing one of the large ones was the cyst. Got a +OPK on cd15 so Either the 19 or the 27 was ready. FX one of those 37 million swimmers find something!!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Hey all! Just popping in to say hello and to say how grateful I am to have you all! Been a crazy couple work days :) 

@baseballhoney so sorry for AF coming. Please be kind and easy to yourself today  <3 ((((hugs))))

@JaeJayStark so so sorry about the BFN xoxo glad to hear you are sticking around though. 

@funkykey so so so awesome what you said. This is such an amazing group and cannot imagine going through this with any other group of women! So blessed!

@Sonebone when is your beta and how are you holding up in your 2WW hehe? And ughhh sorry your procedures are painful. My IUI was done before I knew it, but boy let me tell you when I had the HSG test, I instantly started crying on the table. That was a HORRIBLE experience for me. 

@MountainLady yayay!!! Congrats so great to hear the wonderful news! So very exciting!

@seethosestars sorry about the BFN. nothing but love and good vibes being sent your way. Take care of yourself.  <3
  • Options
    @londonsmom-2 - just checking in with you cycle buddy. This TWW is taking forever not to mention up and down from the hormones! When do you test for your beta? I do not go in until the 7th of April.
  • Options

@irisheyes81 I started the Menopur on 3/17 CD4. I was on CD13 when they saw the follicles. Trying to stay positive as my estrogen level went down. I hope to hear back some good news on Saturday form the Dr.  

@Funkykey Thank you! This is all new to me and I'm still trying to figure out the lingo. :) I'm actually timed intercourse. So no IUI for me.

~AC~

Me: 31 | DH: 33 | Married: 11/11/2011

Me: Empty Sella Syndrome

AMH: 12/2016=0.97, 06/2017=0.70

TTC#1 (11/18-12/12/2016): Menopur 75iu increased to 225iu= 5mm follie * Cancelled

TTC#2 (3/17- 4/06/2017): Menopur 225iu increased to 300iu = 8mm follie RS& 7mm follie LS. * Cancelled

TTC#3 (6/20/17): Progesterone for 14 days. 

(7/8-7/17): Gonal F 225iu and Menopur 75iu=  5.59mm LS &  5.09mm RS. 

(7/18-7/27): Gonal F 225iu and Menopur 150iu= 6.14mm LS & 6.23mm RS.

(7/28-7/30): Gonal F 150iu and Menopur 150iu= 11.6mm  LS & 11.79mm RS.

(7/31/2017): Ovidrel shot - TIC 07/31-08/02/2017 - TWW- BFN :(

TTC#4 (8/25-Currently) Gonal F 225iu and Menopur 150iu= appt. on Wednesday

• Options
    @ShyTonia my beta is scheduled for Tuesday morning. My 2WW has been going fine until last night when I started googling symptoms. I told myself I wouldn't do that this month
  • Options
    @londonsmom did you have your beta today??
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Alright ladies, an updated chart:

Looks like still lots of people waiting to find out. The tail end of the TWW is the WORST!
  • Options
    Thank you for the updated chart @funkykey. I saw you also started the April IUI chart....you are a busy lady. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe ha! Less "busy", more "anxious". IRL I am super un chill, but very proactive. Hahaha. Sometimes I think to myself making these charts is the closest I will get to running a research project that finds some IF breakthrough. Like I wish the charts were bigger and there were more data points and we cold see, actually: "aha! That specific drug combo is the most effective." Or something.
  • Options
    @funkykey I think you are on to something! 
    • TTC since June 2016

• Options
    @funkykey I am the same way!! I have wondered if something like that would make a difference.