September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/13

• Options
    @amandarene112 was there a name for the curve in your spine? Right now they don't know a whole lot, I do hope they can get it fixed quickly and fairly easily since she's still a baby! 
  • Options
    @daniellelynette A friend of mine in elementary school had something that sounds similar to that... they were checking  us for scoliosis but said hers curved in the wrong part of the spine to be considered scoliosis. They ended up being able to correct hers a lot but never got it completely right. It didn't really cause her any serious issues that I know of, though, she still played softball and everything. Of course, we were about 12 when they found hers, I would imagine finding it as young as your niece is would make it MUCH easier to fix. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I'm just worried that it might get worse as she grows, especially since right now they really don't know much and haven't even decided on any sort of treatment, just waiting three more months to do more X-rays... I would think since they found it early they can watch and fix it, I just have never heard of it in a six month old before! 
  • Options
    Second cheese bagel with cream cheese just about finished. This stupid nausea and lack of appetite better go away after the first trimester. 

@amandarene112 we moved to SoCal for DH's dream job... I keep trying to convince myself it's worth it. The housing cost compared to where we were in CO was basically double. What industry is your husband in?
  • Options
    @daniellelynette It's been almost 15 years, so I don't remember. But I'll ask my mom if she does.

@Carebella My DH is a web engineer, but he's in management now. SoCal is expensive, but it makes up for it by being a lovely place to live! We've truly loved it here, and I know I'm going to feel quite homesick when we move!

• Options
    @Carebella now i want a bagel with cream cheese. I am so happy theres a bagel shop across the street from work.
  • Options
    @amandarene112 I think we'll have to agree to disagree on SoCal   :p I miss CO like crazy. I need my snow and seasons. Definitely not worth it to me for the price. 
  • Options
    This afternoon DH asked "when does the horny part of pregnancy happen?"

I may have flipped him off. 
    UGH my DH did the same thing when we found out. "Hopefully you're horny pregnant this time."
  • Options
    @daniellelynette they really are all the same, aren't they? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

UGH my DH did the same thing when we found out. "Hopefully you're horny pregnant this time."
    I wish my DH was more into sex during pregnancy. He just gets weirded out by the idea of sex while a baby is in utero.
  • Options
    @JNR6510 I can understand that! DH wasn't thrilled when I pounced on him at 39 weeks to try to jumpstart labor.... lol! I think he was weirded out too. 
  • Options
    Is anyone aware of a thing where people put periods in the middle of their kids name? I've seen a few on TB and other sites recently. Example: Fin.n. Is this a thing or is it just some sort of internet punctuation that I don't know because I'm old?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall i am starting to feel like i am old too now...i have never heard of that. that is strange...
  • Options
    have to empty/clean out my fridge today. I have so much leftovers (aka food i couldnt stand to finish eating) and tomorrow is trash day...I am not looking forward to this. 
  • Options
    @lahearn18 I so know how you feel. I had to do that last weekend because stuff had started to go bad. But I literally eat something once, and never want it again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is anyone aware of a thing where people put periods in the middle of their kids name? I've seen a few on TB and other sites recently. Example: Fin.n. Is this a thing or is it just some sort of internet punctuation that I don't know because I'm old?
    This is a thing now. We have a lady at work who named her daughter La-a (pronounced La dash a)

I think this trend is ridiculous.
  • Options
    @JNR6510 I've heard of La-a as an urban legend. Anyone actually using it is just insane. 

I'm hoping that at least some of these people add the period to make it hard to google their kids' names. I did run a google search to see if this was a thing before I posted and nothing relevant came up. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Yea, the period in names is so people can't Google it - and link it back to you complaining about it :p usually on Baby Names Yooneek thread. Haha. 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall I don't understand name trends like yoonique spellings, copying names of celebrity's kids, etc..
  • Options
    mercury94mercury94 member
    edited February 2017
    @JNR6510 I don't get it either. I don't mind unusual names for the most part, but I don't understand people who choose odd spellings, etc. My name is an alternate spelling, but a relatively common alternate spelling. Even that is annoying, because people spell it wrong every day. DH also has a name with an alternate spelling, but one that is less common. It is misspelled and mispronounced daily. We have agreed that our children will not have alternate spellings or unusual names because it has been such a hassle for us. 

@Sugargirl1019 I was hoping it was something like that. Most of the ones I saw were very common names, but with periods in the middle. 

Edited because I'm really tired. Can I just blame pregnancy?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall
    I have a common name with the French spelling. It's made me hate alternate spellings and really hate youneek spellings. It's always spelt wrong. And then I became a teacher and first day roll call has intensified this frustration. I like uncommon names, but don't try to fancy it up, guys. /end vent. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    lahearn18 said:
     So the couch, this bucket, and HGTV are my job this morning. Maybe it's the hormones, or maybe I've just never watched enough to notice before, but where on earth does House Hunters get these people?! Do they purposefully seek out the most obnoxious, entitled people imaginable? 
    Thought of you when i saw this on Instagram
    hahaha this is hilarious and so true! Maybe they make it up for the show? Or all these people are house poor 
  • Options
    ashley2824ashley2824 member
    edited February 2017
    @daniellelynette I'm so jealous they changed your due date! Baby measured 6 days ahead on my ultrasound (mind you I have a short cycle which is known in my records, also my hcg level at 6 weeks was 79,000 which is on the very high side) and dr wouldn't change it because it was less than a week. But yay for a great appt! I'm sure that's a relief, one less stress for you now.

so I went to the chiropractor today after work and omg I feel sooo much better! A little sore because it's been a while since I've been there but I'm so glad I went! Definitely will be going more often now that I'm pregnant!
  • Options
    @amandarene112 there have been 2 nights I didn't take my pills, because I was out and oh man. I was SO SICK the entire next day vomiting. So I hear you and I will not be making that mistake again!!!
  • Options
    So I'm hoping I'm not alone in this so that everyone won't think I'm weird... but I really feel like my smell is different and I smell weird... down there. It's been really annoying me. 
  • Options

It's usually a thing that makes that names harder to search for on the internet. For example, if my kid was named Finn, then if someone searched my screen name and the name Finn, with Fin.n, it wouldn't come up as a result. If that makes sense. I don't know if I explained it well. 

• Options
    So I'm hoping I'm not alone in this so that everyone won't think I'm weird... but I really feel like my smell is different and I smell weird... down there. It's been really annoying me. 
    Um yes. Me too. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy, but it's definitely driving me crazy. I have bad eczema so I try to shower every other day, but now I'm showering every day.
  • Options
    @amandarene112 Mermaid hair! I'm jealous... if I wasn't a teacher, my hair would be so much more fun. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ashley2824 I think they changed it because my Sept 10 date was just a guess, I was going by the last day I had signs of ovulation. They entered my LMP date so my ultrasound picture says my gestational age should be 13 weeks 2 days. I made sure I let them know that I definitely ovulated WAY late and that wouldn't be accurate, so I think they just went with what baby was measuring because they didn't have any reason to use the 10th... if that makes sense? Lol! 

@amandarene112 I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR HAIR. Omg that's so awesome. You look like a mermaid!!!!
  • Options
    kailapop said:
    Um yes. Me too. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy, but it's definitely driving me crazy. I have bad eczema so I try to shower every other day, but now I'm showering every day.
    Happened to me last time and it's very sadly back. I actually noticed that, since having DD, I never needed deodorant anymore. Till I got pregnant again and now it seems like I am B.O central. Just wait till third-tri swamp crotch takes hold....
  • Options
    awildrose said:
    @bridge-and-wall
    I have a common name with the French spelling. It's made me hate alternate spellings and really hate youneek spellings. It's always spelt wrong. And then I became a teacher and first day roll call has intensified this frustration. I like uncommon names, but don't try to fancy it up, guys. /end vent. 
    Are you the other Aimee? That's my weird name. I saw there was another on the spreadsheet. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options

are we married to the same person?
  • Options
    Today is random act of kindness day apparently? My desk is again snack central - currently there is an overflowing bowl of chocolates that I cant eat..not cool man, not cool.

• Options
    Can I just disappear from work for like 3 more weeks then come back? I just don't have a grip on my life right now. I am jelly of all you ladies whose man is home and is helping out...2.5 more weeks til DH is home and I don't have to do everything myself...my house is a WRECK. I just do not have the energy to do a dang thing.