May 2017 Moms

GTKY: Valentine's Day

I know some of these have been asked in ticker changes..

What are your Valentine's Day plans?
What are you getting SO?
What would you like to get?
Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out?
Do you have any Valentine's traditions?
Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry

Re: GTKY: Valentine's Day

• What are your Valentine's Day plans? We started a tradition of going with DD to Buca for Valentine's Day. We'll do that again this year. 

What are you getting SO? He said no gifts, so I'm not sure, maybe just a card?

What would you like to get? Flowers would be nice and a thoughtful card. 

Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? Yes! I have LLR Valentine's leggings I'll be wearing. 

Do you have any Valentine's traditions? Going to Buca and usually DH gives DD and I flowers. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Loading the player...
  • What are your Valentine's Day plans? No clue!
    What are you getting SO? I hadn't actually thought about it yet, but I'll probably get him a variety of nice beer from a local place where you can make your own 6 packs.
    What would you like to get? Chocolates, but I'll get flowers.
    Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? No. In the past, I'd usually wear red lingerie. We'll see how in-the-mood I'm feeling this year, although that bra might not even fit right now.
    Do you have any Valentine's traditions? Usually we'd go out for Italian (for some reason, that was always my favorite on Valentine's), but I honestly don't know if we'll do that. I'd be happy sitting at home.
  • jayandaplusjayandaplus member
    edited February 2017
    Love this! :)

What are your Valentine's Day plans? Every year we go to this super fancy and expensive farm-to-table restaurant that's a few cities away in a tiny, adorable town. Last year we almost got snowed in there, but it's always been a magical night. The town is cute and pretty, and we just walk around before and after. The meal is elaborate and we get a special booth by the window and have a wonderfully romantic evening of just us.

What are you getting SO? I have no idea! I was thinking a couple's massage. Do guys even like that kind of thing? Ideas? :)

What would you like to get? Honestly, nothing. Not candy, not a massage, just a sweet card.

Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? Not yet, I'm actually freaking out a bit about this. I only have maternity wear, which doesn't make me feel very sexy or pretty. Maybe I need to go shopping?

Do you have any Valentine's traditions? See VD plans.

• Love this! :)

What are your Valentine's Day plans? Every year we go to this super fancy and expensive farm-to-table restaurant that's a few cities away in a tiny, adorable town. Last year we almost got snowed in there, but it's always been a magical night. The town is cute and pretty, and we just walk around before and after. The meal is elaborate and we get a special booth by the window and have a wonderfully romantic evening of just us.

What are you getting SO? I have no idea! I was thinking a couple's massage. Do guys even like that kind of thing? Ideas? :)

What would you like to get? Honestly, nothing. Not candy, not a massage, just a sweet card.

Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? Not yet, I'm actually freaking out a bit about this. I only have maternity wear, which doesn't make me feel very sexy or pretty. Maybe I need to go shopping?

Do you have any Valentine's traditions? See VD plans.

OMG that restaurant sounds amazing and right up my alley!
    H hates the idea of a massage, doesn't want someone touching him. Otherwise I think it's a great idea!
    Go shopping! :D
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • edited February 2017
    DH and I don't exactly have the best track record for V day, so we don't have any plans. I was planning on making chicken Parmesan, which is a favorite meal of ours, but it's business as usual in our home.

eta: I'm a little envious of your fun and special plans!
  • What are your Valentine's Day plans? As of now, nothing really, but it would be nice to do something with DH and DD

What are you getting SO? I was thinking of doing something I saw on Pintrest and making a heart of sticky notes with little things I love about him on the bathroom mirror

What would you like to get? Just something little that's thoughtful

Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? Honestly, I hadn't thought of it, but maybe I will try to dress up in something nice and put DD in a dress

Do you have any Valentine's traditions? No, but since DD is at a fun age I was going to do some of the things my mom use to do to make the day special when I was kid. Planning on doing a craft, cutting out hearts for the windows and reptile tanks, making themed food, etc. It's silly, but it meant a lot to me
  • What are your Valentine's Day plans? Um, go to work, come home, potentially be lazy and pick up food?
    What are you getting SO? Nada.
    What would you like to get? A card? Flowers?
    Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? No, I'll probably forget it is Valentine's day.
    Do you have any Valentine's traditions? Nothing.

We are so anti-holiday.  We don't even exchange or really do anything for Christmas, anniversaries, or birthdays.  I guess we buy each other things or do nice things for one another during the year, that it seems pointless to do them at certain times?  He is also not very romantic at all.  
    Only time he's ever done anything romantic is in how he proposed & when we got into a NASTY fight and he moved out for about a week and he sent flowers to my job when he came home.  Other than that, I'm good if he brings his laundry upstairs to the bin lol This is what dreams are made of eh?
  • @OmegaRose3 I love the craft ideas!

BTW, hearby encouraging everyone to pick themselves a fun/ festive outfit to wear (if you want). Even just a pretty scarf from the $3 spot at Target to a black tee and jeans.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @jayandaplus are you in the D.C. area by any chance? That kind of sounds like a place my husband I have been meaning to go to for years now. 

May '17 labor memes
  • What are your Valentine's Day plans? Typical day around here! I'll probably make the girls some heart shape pancakes in the morning with pink sprinkles. 
    DH and I will probably "celebrate" over the weekend with a movie night. He works so early in the mornings that anything during the week is off the table. 
    What are you getting SO? Nada! Although I did order a "heart shaped cheesecake" to be delivered with our milk delivery on Friday, then we can have it with our movie night over the weekend. 
    What would you like to get? I'm not expecting anything but I could really go for a back massage. 
    Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned outI usually have something from when I was teaching and I would dress "festive" for holidays for my students so I'll pull that out. I think it's a scarf with hearts. And I of course always have a cute outfit picked out for DD1 and DD2
    Do you have any Valentine's traditions? Nope, but I'll probably make Valentines cupcakes with DD1 and DD2 this weekend to start! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @WombThereItIs No, in the Raleigh area. I like your stress free plans.
    @nda_roxybabe Thanks for the encouragement to shop! I think I will. :)
    @OmegaRose3 Totally stealing the idea of the postit notes on the mirror! That's the kind of thing DH loves.
  • Nothing to all of the above. We are pretty similar to @WombThereItIs
    I am thinking about getting DD some flowers. She LOVES flowers.
  • @hp_momma Where do you live that you get this awesome milk delivery?! 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • What are your valentines days plans?
    No plans for the day of. But I do believe DH will be taking time to lunch or dinner sometime over the weekend. 

What are you getting SO?
    Candy and scratch offs! Sounds so lame but DH buys himself things all the time which makes it super hard to get him anything nice because he beats me to it. 

I'd really like flowers and chocolates!

Planned outift?
    I have a dress that I'd like to wear out to dinner or lunch but it's not really valentines colors!  

Valentines Traditions?
    Nope! DH isn't all that romantic so we don't really make a big deal of Valentine's Day! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• What are your Valentine's Day plans?
    Today we were gchatting and he's like "I'm planning a business trip for next week" (he travels a ton for work) and I was like OH?!? so it looks like my plans will involve watching indulgent tv with the dogs on my own! 

What are you getting SO?
    Normally nothing but this Valentine's Day felt special because it's the last time just the two of us, so I was starting to brainstorm but now I'm not sure if it makes sense since we won't be together? He's SOOO hard to shop for too. I'm hoping to mine this thread for ideas ;) 

He normally gets me flowers and I would love that. 

I shall bedeck myself in my fluffiest blankets for my solo evening!

We stopped going out years ago because it can get so crowded at restaurants so we always recreate the classic Valentine's meal of a steak and something chocolatey for dessert at home. Maybe we'll do that over the weekend. 

We are thinking of dropping DD with MIL after DH gets home from work and to avoid the crowds I've been considering making fondue at home!

What are you getting SO?

I've had a card I picked out from a couple weeks ago and I'm guessing a box of chocolates or doing choc dipped strawberries at home.

Just flowers would be nice but we technically said no gifts so just a card.

No, I've kept my eye out for cute lingerie but no go.

(Sry about random bold?) Kind of a tradition! I luckily do have a romantic DH and our 1/2 yr anniversary is on Vday so we always sort of celebrate that milestone with vday each year. And also, on our 7 1/2 yr anniversary vday he set up a surprise proposal and it was so shocking and amazing it's still an awesome memory! 

@hp_momma your pancake plans made me tear up because you said for 'the girls' and it made me realize how much fun 'for the girls' stuff I'll have in my future!!
  • Nothing, nothing, nothing, no, and no.

We used to go to this amazing seafood buffet but the restaurant switched their chef last year and now it sucks and they don't do the buffet anymore.  So I'm being a Valentines Day butt and not celebrating.  Our anniversary is a couple of weeks later anyway.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• What are your Valentine's Day plans? Italian dinner at our usual place on Sunday for an early celebration. 
    What are you getting SO? I got him a book he's been wanting. 
    What would you like to get? a card and flowers. 
    Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? I usually do but this year it'll probably just be black leggings with a red maternity top. I do have a cute headband with a heart that i'll wear to work. 
    Do you have any Valentine's traditions? We go to this Italian restaurant in Venice Beach that we love. Its supposed to be a nice weekend. I'm excited. 
  • @OmegaRose3 Totally stealing the idea of the postit notes on the mirror! That's the kind of thing DH loves.
    Me too, the stealing. Cute idea!
  • @jayandaplus @SKZW I'm glad the idea is liked, I was worried it'd be too cheesy and seem dorky.

I got a little excited about V Day from this post so DD and I ended up decorating the living room after lunch time. Our sliding glass door has red and pink hearts now and our reptiles have colorful hearts like the candy with their names on them. DD had a blast putting them up ♡
    I have a MFM appt that day. DH is OOT. 

What are you getting SO?
    Not sure yet, we're traveling to spend a week with him on the 15th. 

A day off.

Just LuLaRoe Valentine's Leggings for us.

No, we're almost never together for it. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • @erinh2005 Aww it really is so much fun with little girls! And I highly suggest heart pancakes lol. I am really looking forward to having a little boy now as I've heard that the mother/son bond is so different! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @WombThereItIs , baby slave art made me lol...it's so true, though. 

What are your Valentine's Day plans? We usually eat a boat load of sushi and drown in sake, but that's not happening this year. We will probably order delivery from somewhere and watch a movie. 
    What are you getting SO? We always buy cologne/perfume for each other. It just happens to time with when we usually run out and it seems fitting. 
    What would you like to get? In addition to the perfume mentioned above, I'm sure he will also send me flowers, because he always does. 
    Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? I don't have anything special picked, but I will likely wear a sweatshirt that I already own that has a heart on it. 
    Do you have any Valentine's traditions? Sushi and sake...as mentioned above, which will be tabled for another day when I'm not pregnant. It started probably 8 years ago when we lived in NYC and were trying to avoid the mobbed restaurant scene, so we went to a place with all you can eat sushi and all you can drink beer and sake and tacky Mylar heart balloons. We had so much fun that we've replicated the tradition every year since.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• What are your Valentine's Day plans? This year we are going on our babymoon next weekend so not doing our typical Valentine's Day. 
    What are you getting SO? We don't do gifts
    What would you like to get? Flowers
    Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? I usually get dressed up in a fancy dress. 
    Do you have any Valentine's traditions? We usually go to a really nice dinner like Signature Room (95th floor of John Hancock building in Chicago). DH finds events and surprises me. Sometimes dinner cruises, sometimes dinner and theater, it's always fun because I get to dress up for a fun night out. 
  • march2008march2008 member
    edited February 2017
    What are your Valentine's Day plans? No big plans. DH will be working and DD has school. 

What would you like to get? I'm happy with a card (especially if there's a nice handwritten note inside!) and I always love fresh flowers or a plant.

Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? No, I've never had a special outfit on Valentine's Day. (Not to say that I don't have plenty of weird things that I do, but I'm just not big on clothing.  ;) )

Do you have any Valentine's traditions? A few years ago, we started picking up one of those heart shaped cookie cakes that our grocery store has every year around Valentine's Day. I always get cards for DH and DD and then we enjoy some of the cookie cake together. I might get a few chocolate covered strawberries because....YUM! Although, I do have my glucose challenge test next week on Thursday, so maybe I'd better behave all next week.  :o
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Aww, I love your guys' answers and traditions!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • What are your Valentine's Day plans? I don't think anything the day of because H has class...maybe dinner or a movie on the weekend, but that's probably doubtful as well since we are saving as much as we can for the house we are still attempting to purchase. 

What are you getting SO? We said nothing after I had already bought a Love Book where you can create your own character and they have premade pages, or you can make your own, and put as many as you want in it. I thought it was cute. Plus H's birthday is the 28th so its hard to do both! And I told him if we get the house that's his present haha

What would you like to get? I'm not picky...he's gotten me flowers and sent them to my work before which was really sweet...and he's decorated my car haha not expecting much this year...maybe a cards against humanity expansion pack.

Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? Nothing yet, but I try to wear pink or red if I remember...

Do you have any Valentine's traditions? With H not really...when I was younger, and still now, my mom will make a heart shaped meat loaf and use red food coloring on the potatoes. I've done that before with H and made a special dessert. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • What are your Valentine's Day plans? The Chicago Auto Show usually falls around Vday, so we will go there as tradition on Sunday even though Vday is on Tuesday. Afterwards, we usually order and pick up from our fav taco place, go back home and watch a movie.
    What are you getting SO? We usually don't get each other anything.
    What would you like to get? I just like to spend time together.
    Are you weird like me and have a special outfit planned out? This year I will be wearing a cute outfit, because I enter my third trimester this weekend & I'd LIKE to get some photos taken :)
    Do you have any Valentine's traditions? Our tradition is the auto show, every year since we've been together at 18 (always makes me giggle hehe).

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

Chemo round 2 for me!  And therefore probably resting in the evening.  BUT my sister is coming to town this weekend and we're making her babysit DS so we can do an early Valentines Day dinner out.  I'm excited about that.

What are you getting SO?
    We don't really do Valentine's Day, so probably just a card.

Flowers are always nice, but I am fine with a card or nothing (poor guy has been husband of the year lately taking care of DS when I'm exhausted and not feeling 100%).

Ha, nope.  Although I did get a new Stitch Fix yesterday which included a new dress so I might wear that for our dinner out.

No, as I said we almost never do anything.  I actually can't remember what we did last year.  I have no clue.
  • @SWE2: SOOO ADORABLE!!!
  • @SWE2 those are amazing photos!! Do one every month and sell a calender!
  • @swe2 your dogs and pics are SO. BEAUTIFUL. Love!!
  • @SWE2 your dogs are cute! Also dh and i lived by the beach for college and aren't big drinkers so for our honeymoon we thought the ysual beach thing would get old. We decided to go to chicago since we both love food and touristy stuff and we LOVED IT! One of our fave dinners was at the signature room! I wish we could go for vday!
  • @SWE2 SO works during the week, so we usually go on Sunday as soon as it opens! I'm sure Monday will not be as busy!

ALSO, I LOVE HOW BEAUTIFUL YOUR DOGS ARE & I LOVE YOUR CREATIVITY!!!!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @SWE2 <3<3<3!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry