Options

MOTN: February

Married: 08.05.11
Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16

Re: MOTN: February

• Options
    So since my surgery on Tuesday I've been going to bed early and not helping in the night. Tonight I felt well enough to help DH. She was screaming so I went and changed her while he got the bottle ready. I then mixed up more formula cause she was still hungry. It's nice to care for my LO. Ive had people helping me so I really haven't done anything with her since Monday. It's still difficult to hold her when she is squirmy because if she moves a certain way it hurts my incisions. H has been a champ. He has had to work the past 2 days and has been on little sleep since the night I went into the hospital (Monday).
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    It sounds like you're on the mend @m6agua. Good to hear!

LO just sleep 9:30-4:30! I feel so special!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh jealous!! We had a great sleep night compared to the usual but nothing as awesome as a 7 hour stretch!
  • Options
    Ugh jealous!! We had a great sleep night compared to the usual but nothing as awesome as a 7 hour stretch!
    That's our first ever. And I think he's confused himself now... he usually gets up a 2, 5:30 and then for good around 7. But since be first woke at 4:30 this morning, he woke again to eat at 7 and went back to sleep. So I decided instead of breakfast or sleeping in, I'd get on the pump. And here I am, doing the thing I like least about motherhood.
  • Options
    My baby sleep seems to be going to wrong way. Ever since I introduced an extra feeding per Dr orders I think he's not eating as much before bed (bc he's not super hungry) and his first wake up is like 1am where it had been 3-3:30. And today he woke up again at 545 - hope it was an anomaly 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    My baby sleep seems to be going to wrong way. Ever since I introduced an extra feeding per Dr orders I think he's not eating as much before bed (bc he's not super hungry) and his first wake up is like 1am where it had been 3-3:30. And today he woke up again at 545 - hope it was an anomaly 
    I think we're all approaching the sleep regression stage, right? Maybe it's that.  Or you could drop the feed and see if it makes a difference again. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I think we're all approaching the sleep regression stage, right? Maybe it's that.  Or you could drop the feed and see if it makes a difference again. 
    Yea he was just up at midnight and then I soothed him and he slept til 1245 ready to eat. I miss my 3am wake up! I feel like he was on a decent schedule and now it's all f'd up. He had been going long stretches even during the day I wasn't withholding food or anything. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @kvruns. I hope it improves. 

Looks like last night's stretch was an anomaly. We're back to our 2 am feed despite not taking a single nap yesterday, like not even in the car. 
  • Options
    @kvruns the same thing happened to us last night. she was sleeping till 3am everynight , nursed very well and sleep again until 7.30. i thought it became our routine. all of a sudden,she woke up every two hours to be fed. i hope it s a one night thing. i am going back to work in 10days and i want her regular sleeping back
  • Options
    Were up again and I don't even think he's hungry. He just played at the boob for a couple of minutes and closed his eyes. Grrr
  • Options
    DH is away for work and I have my mom here helping me. DD (3 years) has been coming into our room in the middle of the night to sleep with us and for the first night with DH away it was fine, she came into our room fell asleep and I was able to take care of the baby when he woke up. Not so tonight. She woke up when I left at 2 am to go feed James and freaked out because she didn't want to be left alone. I tried leaving the night light on for her but she wasn't having it. Eventually I just told her to go get Grandma and see if she would sleep with her because I needed to take care of her brother. I hear her walk down the hall and knock on grandmas door, then I see Grandma and Ally walking back into my room from the nursery. They never came out so I assume when I'm done here I will find them both asleep in my bed ha ha. I just hope they left room for me. Oh well at least she was here to help. I have no idea how I would have done it all alone!!!
  • Options
    @zoefer ugh that sucks 
  • Options
    I seriously feel like losing it. I know that sounds dramatic but he hasn't been this bad since his first month when he never slept
    inleas held. Ive tried nursing him to sleep twice which I never do and he is out and then instantly awake. Nothing will soothe him. Weve been up every hour tonight. I'm doing childcare 24/7 myself so I can't handle more nights like this especially approaching going back to work. Please let this just be a bad night 
  • Options
    erniebernie1erniebernie1 member
    edited February 2017
    Anyone else consistently still at every 2-3 hours for night wakings? He has done a 4 hour stretch maybe a handful of times. He's 10 weeks and 14lbs, a chubby lo who doesn't need to be eating all night long. I also have a DS who isn't even 2 who I need to take care of, so there's no resting during the day. I feel like I might lose my mind soon . We might try a bottle of formula on top of nursing him to see if that helps, feeling desperate
  • Options

@erniebernie1 I feel you girl. M is probably close to 16lbs at 11 weeks and the longest stretch I've gotten was five hours one night when he was 6 weeks old. Otherwise it's consistently every 2-3 hours. Or hourly like this morning...
  • Options
    @erniebernie1 Same here! We had one night of 7 hours and otherwise it's close to every 90 minutes. He was 10 weeks yesterday and is 18lbs. I'm trying to figure out if it's just habit at this point. 
  • Options
    My little guy is 12 weeks today and the longest he has gone is 4 hours. Otherwise it's usually 2-3.. sometimes 1.5 which is when I starting crying haha.
  • Options
    @leighry I started crying this morning lol after being up 6 times last night. @SandNStarsNJ I also I agree it might be habit, I feel like he isn't taking full feedings at night, so he's not really that hungry. I sleep trained my first at 4.5 months, I didn't want to have to do the same with this one but I will if he continues like this by then
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    edited February 2017

14 hours into the day I've hit my "stand goal" on my watch for standing up and moving during part of 12 hours. Not cool 
  • Options
    But like a little cool, no? @kvruns
  • Options
    @leighry @SandNStarsNJ @erniebernie1 My MIL once told me having a big baby is great because they need to eat less frequently. Um no lady, that is actually not true. 
  • Options
    I love when people think they know what your baby will be like... for example a coworker told me she thought being on maternity leave would be so nice because all babies do is eat and sleep all day. Ummmmmm no. It's not that simple, this is not a vacation. Think again lady.
  • Options
    I love when people think they know what your baby will be like... for example a coworker told me she thought being on maternity leave would be so nice because all babies do is eat and sleep all day. Ummmmmm no. It's not that simple, this is not a vacation. Think again lady.
    I'll admit I did think maternity leave would be a bit more like that but alas
  • Options
    MrsMaryK2016MrsMaryK2016 member
    edited February 2017
    @kvruns I'm guilty of thinking it would be more relaxing too. And actually there are moments when it is vacation-like but then there are crazy moments like today when M went berserk in the car and got himself so worked up that he threw up once on me and then again on himself. At least when I was working no one ever puked on me...
  • Options
    Oh yuck @MrsMaryK2016 my first big shock was thinking it wiukd just be me and him cuddling on the couch watching Netflix and then a month into leave I hadn't watched a single DVR episode let alone a new series and it was like oh crap this is not what I thought. 

For me if it were warmer out so I could go for walks/runs and if I had a supportive SO I think things would be better now that we are in a decent routine. But being cooped up bc of weather and then not getting to share childcare help it has made it less than fun. Though at the same time if I could extend my leave another month I would 
  • Options
    Still find myself waking up at our old MOTN feeding time. She's snoozing away and I can't  sleep  :s I'm sure the screen isn't helping!
  • Options
    This fits as a wtf as well, but I am awake even though LO is sleeping because I had a horrible nightmare about my niece. Don't read on if you don't want to read about creepiness! In the dream she died, but when we went to the visitation she started to move around. She just began to act like her regular self, but looked dead and things kept happening like her hair falling out. She also kept jumping on me, and I was so scared of her but I felt like I needed to stay toget to be around her more. It was seriously horrible and I woke up crying and freaking out. Now I'm terrified to go back to sleep but I'm so tired! 
  • Options
    That is intense @desoky01. No more Walking Dead for you. 
  • Options
    @hoosiermama the screen is the worst! I feel like I stare at it all night lol 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Babe is asleep and I'm not. Phone probably to blame...
  • Options
    We are up every 2 hours for what is clearly just gas. Ugh. 
  • Options
    And I can't sleep... I'm so overtired that I'm finding rest impossible despite LO sound asleep. It also doesn't help that I have "Wheels on the Bus" stuck in my head. 
  • Options
    And I can't sleep... I'm so overtired that I'm finding rest impossible despite LO sound asleep. It also doesn't help that I have "Wheels on the Bus" stuck in my head. 
    Oh no I hope you fell asleep!

i woke up at 4, decided to pump (figuring B would wake soon and I knew I couldn't go back to sleep) and of course B Is still asleep. I hate waking him but if I don't there is no hope for me getting back to sleep later since it's almost 5. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry this happened.  I hope you were able to sleep a little. I've definitely experienced that too... sans wheels on the bus. 
  • Options
    After finally falling asleep, senor gassy pants woke every friggin 90 minutes. I am so grouchy. 
  • Options
    Woke for the MOTN feeding from a dream where LO had grown all her tiny baby teeth. Some were still coming in and I was watching them push through. :flushed:
  • Options
    You know that moment of should I sleep or should I pump? I'm there and cannot decide. 
  • Options
    You know that moment of should I sleep or should I pump? I'm there and cannot decide. 
    I'm there right now..... attached to the pump. For me I know I can't fall back asleep bc I'm anticipating baby waking up so I figure mighty as well pump while I wait 
  • Options
    LO has been sleeping pretty well, but not tonight! I have been co-sleeping a lot less, and he had been self soothing really well. Tonight he's up every hour to hour and a half to eat and be cuddled. So tired! I miss huge chunks of sleep!