November 2016 Moms

Stupid Questions: February

Re: Stupid Questions: February

• She's up anything between one hour or two hours @MollySm
    And two is definitely the max. 
    Ive tried to keep it at 1hour and 15, but as she's so busy practicing her new tricks (rolling both ways) she has no time for a nap. Only gets frustrated if I put her down before she's tired.
    Alao in her crib she's trying her tricks, it's one busy little girl.
    For a proper nap (which can be 3 hours) I need to have her in the stroller and walk. Then after our walk I leave her in the stroller in my garden next to the window with a baby monitor and she'll keep on sleeping.
    Must say she does sleep well at night, stretches of 4 to 6 hours...and only awake max 30 min for a bottle and a nappy change. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @hoosiermama that website makes sleep look so enticing!! Unfortunately it looks like LO wouldn't fit too well. He's the average size of a 9-10 mo old right now and he's not even 3 mo yet. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • I have another question... LO gets super upset when we're putting on a onesie - like crazy upset. Any suggestions for how to chill him out while dressing him? His clothes aren't tight and don't have tags and I'm pretty quick. I think he just likes being naked. 
  • Can you make a game out of it? And be overly excited putting the onesie on?
    I do that with my little girl, she's still not happy, but is not overly upset and smiles pretty fast again.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• tvh1982 said:
    Can you make a game out of it? And be overly excited putting the onesie on?
    I do that with my little girl, she's still not happy, but is not overly upset and smiles pretty fast again.
    Oh I do. Smiles and giggling and constant chatting... until his arm starts to go in the sleeve. But thank you!
  • I have another question... LO gets super upset when we're putting on a onesie - like crazy upset. Any suggestions for how to chill him out while dressing him? His clothes aren't tight and don't have tags and I'm pretty quick. I think he just likes being naked. 
    The only thing I can think of is what you're already doing. I act silly and make funny sounds and sing. That seems to distract her If she starts to whine or cry. 
  • Is it too early to start teething? A turned 3 month ago on Friday and since Sunday night, she's been drooling, desperately sticking her fingers in her mouth and screaming for no apparent reason. She's not calming down when I nurse and calms down only when we give her a bottle. The pediatrician said it sounded like teething so we gave her baby Tylenol and she slept for 5 hours. Normally she's doing 7+ per night. When she woke up, she woke up screaming. I trust the pediatrician but this seems early, no?
  • @RhodaMorgenstern this sounds like M! He's 17 weeks. He screams out of no where. Sometimes while nursing! And I put my knuckle in his mouth this morning and he was chomping down so hard! 
  • I've been wondering the same thing... LO is chomping down on everything and super drooly but it feels too early. Our first got her first two teeth at 4.5 mo. 
  • I'm terrified if this is the beginning. How long until teeth actually come through? I did some googling and I read that the pain this early is just their teeth moving around in their gums, they're not even close to erupting. Seriously, so terrified of this lasting months on end.
  • I'm terrified if this is the beginning. How long until teeth actually come through? I did some googling and I read that the pain this early is just their teeth moving around in their gums, they're not even close to erupting. Seriously, so terrified of this lasting months on end.
    I'm right there with you. When I think about all the things that LO is going to go through in the next few months, teething, regressions, etc., I'm so scared of how we'll get through it. 
  • tvh1982 said:
    Can you make a game out of it? And be overly excited putting the onesie on?
    Oh I do. Smiles and giggling and constant chatting... until his arm starts to go in the sleeve. But thank you!
    I kinda suspected you would. :smile:

What with onesies you button on the sides? They are not too easy to find in bigger sizes, but I have a few and those don't give tears with us.

I'm right there with you. When I think about all the things that LO is going to go through in the next few months, teething, regressions, etc., I'm so scared of how we'll get through it. 
    It's not that bad. They have a few days of fussiness and need to be coddled and snuggled extra but you get through it and so do they. If you BF it's super handy because it's a comfort thing and once you start introducing solids or teething aids, frozen fruit and vegetables are a great help for teething. Oh, and crushed ice goes over well. 
  • So it's not constant, right? I tried breastfeeding her last night and she was so hysterical, she'd fall off the boob screaming.
  • I missed the boat on this question because awhile back I think I read several of you had an issue with sleep regression at night. S slept great pretty early, loaded herself up on milk and was asleep by 10pm, then woke around 4am and then again around 8am. This last week she's been up every 2 hours wanting a bottle and she's 15 weeks old. I feel like that's late, but how long does it last? I'm not sure I can handle it much longer. 
  • @kvruns - I bring the same diaper bag to daycare. They have storage there for wipes/diapers and extra clothes so I use the diaper bag to bring any replacement clothes for the back-up stash and the day's bottles. Then take the bag with me (or leave it there with the carseat if DH is doing the pickup), and bring it back for empty bottles and dirty clothes at the end of the day. This way I have it if I run any errands on my way home.

@Sarac986 - I asked my midwife about my belly line and she told me if it hasn't gone away yet, it probably won't. She said to consider it a "baby birthmark." That was a month and a half ago and I still have it, though it has faded some, so maybe it will go away with time. 
  • Maybe E is going through sleep regression - I blamed it on the never-ending daycare cold, but it's been pretty consistent. We were getting up to 6-7 hours in one go, but now we're back down to 3-4 hours at most. I miss sleep, I hope she starts giving us longer stretches again soon!
  • @SandNStarsNJ ah shoot--I knew that. There's another brand called Dock-a-tot that's made for up to toddler use. :)

• @Sarac986 - I asked my midwife about my belly line and she told me if it hasn't gone away yet, it probably won't. She said to consider it a "baby birthmark." That was a month and a half ago and I still have it, though it has faded some, so maybe it will go away with time. 
    It has to do with a hormone. My first pregnancy I had the line early, this time it didn't show up till month 8. I asked my Dr and she said it has to do with how much of a certain hormone is in your system. I can't remember what it was. Now that I'm breastfeeding it won't go away and we are 15 weeks in. My friend who just stopped breastfeeding her 2 yr old said her line is just now going away. 
  • I'm in the still have a line boat too. I forget now that it's not normal. :wink:
  • Will the line get darker if I tan? (unlikely, I'm pretty pastey)
  • I've been told it is not common for the line not to disappear, but it can take up to a year. If one is breastfeeding it usually won't disappear right away, as your hormones are still unbalanced.
    But guess with your PCOS your hormones are out of place @sarac986...
    It shouldn't get darker now, as hormones (estrogen) aren't 'feeding' it.

• @sarac986 my doctor told me not to let the line see the sun, he said it could make it a tattoo.
  • What actually is "drowsy but awake"?  I think LO is drowsy but the second I set her down she opens her eyes like she's wide awake. And do babies that fall asleep themselves still have the startle reflex?  Putting S down without the swaddle is almost impossible because she flinches the entire time and wakes up. 
  • What actually is "drowsy but awake"?  I think LO is drowsy but the second I set her down she opens her eyes like she's wide awake. And do babies that fall asleep themselves still have the startle reflex?  Putting S down without the swaddle is almost impossible because she flinches the entire time and wakes up. 
    When LO is drowsy but awake her eyes sort of start to close but they open back up. The other night they were just open and she was calm but I could tell she was tired. Now this has only worked once so far, normally we have to rock her to sleep. When it worked I left the room immediately and she fell asleep within 10 minutes.

I think the startle reflex starts to go away around 3 month. LO has it but not nearly as bad. We recently started swaddling with arms out because she was breaking out right away all the time and it has worked out fine. I've also noticed when I put her in her crib on her back she moves and wakes up. If I put her on her side she stays sleeping.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• My first 3 were drowsy but awake kids so of course he isn't. Even if he is asleep and I put him down he wakes up. Whyyyyyy.
  • Ladybug2821Ladybug2821 member
    edited February 2017
    m6agua said:
    What actually is "drowsy but awake"?  I think LO is drowsy but the second I set her down she opens her eyes like she's wide awake. And do babies that fall asleep themselves still have the startle reflex?  Putting S down without the swaddle is almost impossible because she flinches the entire time and wakes up. 
    When LO is drowsy but awake her eyes sort of start to close but they open back up. The other night they were just open and she was calm but I could tell she was tired. Now this has only worked once so far, normally we have to rock her to sleep. When it worked I left the room immediately and she fell asleep within 10 minutes.

I think the startle reflex starts to go away around 3 month. LO has it but not nearly as bad. We recently started swaddling with arms out because she was breaking out right away all the time and it has worked out fine. I've also noticed when I put her in her crib on her back she moves and wakes up. If I put her on her side she stays sleeping.
    I admit S needs to be out of the swaddle because she breaks out so easy and it wakes her up. But she will not stay asleep without it either let alone let us put her down. Her startle reflex is still super strong and she won't stop rubbing her face which then causes the paci to fall out. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ How did the 2 nights go without the swaddle?  The first time we did one arm out she woke up every hour. I do the hand on the chest but that Only works sometimes. 
  • @Ladybug2821 Have you tried one arm out or both arms out recently? I tried one arm out two weeks ago and it was a disaster but last night and today he's done one arm out great. He even went down drowsy but awake every time. Might be worth giving it a shot if it's been a little while. 
  • @Ladybug2821 Have you tried one arm out or both arms out recently? I tried one arm out two weeks ago and it was a disaster but last night and today he's done one arm out great. He even went down drowsy but awake every time. Might be worth giving it a shot if it's been a little while. 
    I did one arm about a week or two ago and this morning when she would not stop fighting it I took both arms out. 
  • For the moms that are starting to unswaddle, how are you able to lay them down without waking up?  I have a hard enough time laying her down swaddled. When I leave an arm out she's extra sensitive to being laid down. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ How did the 2 nights go without the swaddle?  The first time we did one arm out she woke up every hour. I do the hand on the chest but that Only works sometimes. 
    I should start by mentioning that we never swaddled his arms in the first place; we do the burrito swaddle. The last two nights he has moved all over the place but actually slept more. The first night he did 9-12 and 1-5 and 5:30-7. Last night he slept 9-5 and then 5-7. I fear jinxing it as I type it. 
  • For the moms that are starting to unswaddle, how are you able to lay them down without waking up?  I have a hard enough time laying her down swaddled. When I leave an arm out she's extra sensitive to being laid down. 
    Hope and a prayer. Lol. Today he would not go down for a nap even though he seemed out cold - he woke and fussed instantly. It is harder to put down unswaddled (or arms out in my case) so I try to be extra slow with my movements 
  • kvruns said:
    For the moms that are starting to unswaddle, how are you able to lay them down without waking up?  I have a hard enough time laying her down swaddled. When I leave an arm out she's extra sensitive to being laid down. 
    Hope and a prayer. Lol. Today he would not go down for a nap even though he seemed out cold - he woke and fussed instantly. It is harder to put down unswaddled (or arms out in my case) so I try to be extra slow with my movements 
    Yes!  So much harder. I did try one arm out today for a nap and gave up on it being in the crib. I was successful with putting her down in the rock and play but the nap was only 30 mins. Better than nothing!
  • So I know hair falling out was going to happen pp but this much? It just started about a week to two weeks ago. There is no sign of it slowing down. Any of you have this? How long did it last?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• m6agua said:
    So I know hair falling out was going to happen pp but this much? It just started about a week to two weeks ago. There is no sign of it slowing down. Any of you have this? How long did it last?
    This is me. It's been going on maybe two weeks now and shows no sign of stopping. I keep wondering: How am I not bald?
  • @ladybug2821 - that is hilarious! And yet it is kind of what I do, except she sleeps in the pack n play with the bassinet piece in so I don't have to get my feet off the floor to stay that close when I put her down. I really try to keep as much contact with her as possible while putting her down to help keep her unswaddled arms from startling and waking her up.