November 2016 Moms
Options

Stupid Questions: February

Re: Stupid Questions: February

• Options
    We did sleep training/schedule at 1 month after desperation bc he wouldn't sleep. I'm happy how it worked out so far. 
  • Options
    Moms of boys - how do you stop them from peeing on themselves (or you)? I've always just used a paper towel and it worked until a couple days ago and now he'll pee through it and end up peeing on his shirt or the changing table. I don't want to cover it with a new diaper because then I feel like I'm wasting a diaper? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing that @lajoliedreamer. I've been searching for one, which says bedtime.
    I guess my baby sleeps a little much, she's still around 17-18 hours. 
    She goes down for the night at around 7, I dreamfeed her at 11 and she'll wake up anywhere between 03:30 to 06:30. I feed her again and she sleeps till 8/9ish. 
    After that we have some 50 min or 4 hours sleep during the day, but one never knows when or how long so it's difficult to plan.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    So yesterday I let him skip his second morning nap and followed his cues for the midday nap and afternoon nap and holy cow, NO TEARS! It still took forever to put him down but I think we are making progress! Today he has been a little off, he woke up from his morning nap crazy grumpy but he still hasn't fussed when being put down. 
  • Options
    I had gestational diabetes and was wondering if anyone actually took the test again after baby was here. I tested once or twice and my numbers were totally fine and I feel like who has time to do a three hour test once baby is here?! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    anne11716 said:
    I had gestational diabetes and was wondering if anyone actually took the test again after baby was here. I tested once or twice and my numbers were totally fine and I feel like who has time to do a three hour test once baby is here?! 
    I had to do the 3 hour test at about 6 weeks post partum with my first. I didn't have GD with my second. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All they did was test my numbers twice in the hospital and then nothing since. Not even at my 6 week pp appointment. I have thought about testing since I still have strips left but I habent got around
    to it.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    They wanted to do a 2 hour test with me 6 weeks out, but they only did them first thing at 8am during the week. I have my 2 oldest to get ready for school.. so I could never be there for that. So I just had a fasting done at my yearly physical and if that was off they would add an A1C.. but it was fine. 
  • Options
    For those of you with video monitors and bumpers (I use the mesh ones since M kept waking up with limbs hanging outside of the crib) where do you put your monitor?! Right now I basically have a really expensive glorified sound monitor because I can only see the crib and can't see him because of the bumpers. 
    Suggestions? 
  • Options
    @kristah2 our camera is mounted on the wall above the crib. Takes away from the decor but it works 

• Options
    Ours is also hung on the wall but luckily I can hide it by the curtains so you can't really see it. 
  • Options
    Ours is on the railing of the crib (mounted).
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited February 2017
    My LO sleeps very little during the day.
    Between 7am and 7pm she sleeps 50min, 1,5hrs and 50 min.
    Is this normal?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    @tvh1982 sounds like mine and that 3rd nap is only if I hold him. Lately his naps are like 15-20 min 
  • Options
    @tvh1982 this weekend was the first time my LO napped for more than 1 hour and it's usually two 30 min naps if I'm lucky! He sleeps well at night though 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My husband says I'm creating bad habits but I let nick sleep on me during the day. It's the only way I get any peace and quiet!
  • Options
    leighry said:
    My husband says I'm creating bad habits but I let nick sleep on me during the day. It's the only way I get any peace and quiet!
    Same here. I did it with our first too. It's the closest I get to "sleep when the baby sleeps". And besides, who doesn't love a good snuggle?
  • Options
    I need more snuggles like that now that we are back to work. I really only see LO awake on the weekends :/
  • Options
    leighry said:
    Mine fought me on that too but finally gave up in the evenings when B is super fussy and I go rock him and let him fall asleep on me for an hour or whatever. Apparently peace and quiet trumped "bad habits" finally
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I live for those snuggles!

@kvruns, my husband will talk about bad habit this and bad habit that but funny how when he is tired and baby won't settle his immediate response is "... do you want to go see mommy??" .. men.
  • Options
    ha @leighry that made me think of Saturday when the baby was super fussy and I'd been up since 2:30. I wanted to just go get breakfast hoping the baby fell asleep in the car seat and H is like no you need to put him down for his nap he needs to learn to sleep without the swaddle. I made a comment but said fine whatever. He got pissy with me for not taking his suggestions yet that is exactly what I did since I did put him down for the nap instead of going out. FFW to the afternoon he's like let's go to this place and take a walk, get lunch, etc - I'm like but that's right during B's nap time. He's like that's ok maybe he'll sleep in the car/stroller. 

wtf when I want to do that I'm ruining his routine and not making him learn to sleep unswaddled but if YOU want to go do something it is A-ok and god forbid I question it.  Eye roll 
  • Options
    Thanx for the reply ladies. It's not easy being a FTM and I don't always know what is 'normal'!
    I guess I'm spoiled at night as she does really well there, but I get so little done during the day.
    Still rock her to sleep, but get to put her down in her crib, so not the worse :)

Baby snuggles are definitely needed. That's the only thing I like about the night feeding as she's sleepy and cuddly :smile:

oh yes, peace and quite to trump bad habits ;)

• Options
    Do you bring a diaper bag to/from daycare? If so is it your normal diaper bag or a separate one? He will have a cubby at the day care where I will keep diapers/wipes/extra outfits but I'm sure I'll have dirty outfits and then bottles to take to/from each day. Should I get a 2nd diaper bag just for this? Or just take my regular one? I will be doing drop off and pick up if that matters. 
  • Options
    @kvruns my husband does a lot of this kind of stuff.. like, if baby has a blow out and I ask for his help he just comes in the room and pulls like 18 wipes out of the bin (which is always way too much) and then says "here" And walks away. Really?? I laugh sometimes but usually after the fact.. but if he has baby and that happens he asks for help and then as soon as I walk in he stops helping and I somehow end up doing it alone again. Or its fine for me to have to run errands with all or most kids alone but if I ask him to run an errand and take the kids suddenly he wants it to be a family trip to spend time together. I'm like NO!!! GO ALONE.

It will sort itself out eventually, however long that may be.
  • Options
    @leighry Speaking of blowouts. A just had her first one yesterday (we finally found a formula that doesn't constipate her). How do you all clean them up? I used some wipes and then rinsed her in the sink and then gave her a bath. This one was massive all up her entire back so she needed a bath, I just was unsure if I should've pre-cleaned her before the bath.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    m6agua said:
    @leighry Speaking of blowouts. A just had her first one yesterday (we finally found a formula that doesn't constipate her). How do you all clean them up? I used some wipes and then rinsed her in the sink and then gave her a bath. This one was massive all up her entire back so she needed a bath, I just was unsure if I should've pre-cleaned her before the bath.
    I normally wipe LO down first with a wipe before putting her in the bath. I'd like to get as much off as possible first so it's not all in the tub. 
  • Options
    @kvruns I just sent my regular diaper bag to day care with everything she would need for the day. They kept the wipes and diapers i brought in the cubby and I just restocked when she ran low so they only time this backfired was if I needed diapers or wipes between day care and home, like if we went somewhere. I'd suggest keeping extra in your car just in case. 
  • Options
    @m6agua, I agree with @Ladybug2821. I use wipes to clean off as much as possible and then do a quick tub... but if it's not terrible I just do a sponge bath quick.
  • Options
    So when does that dark line on your belly go away? Mine is still there
  • Options
    sarac986 said:
    So when does that dark line on your belly go away? Mine is still there
    I still have mine also I heard it can take a hear to go away

My sports bras are a little on the tight side now since I'm BFing. Will this cause an issue?  I ask because I know they say to wear something tight when trying to discontinue nursing. 
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 mine is super tight as well. I still wear I though. I figure for the couple hours at a time I wear it, and considering I drink much more water when I work out it's no big deal. I haven't had any issues! 
  • Options
    on the sports bra, I ran in one today that's a bit big and uhhh my boob fell out under the band mid run. i couldn't figure out what felt weird and then I saw what I later realized was my nipple through the shirt.  sigh. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    on the sports bra, I ran in one today that's a bit big and uhhh my boob fell out under the band mid run. i couldn't figure out what felt weird and then I saw what I later realized was my nipple through the shirt.  sigh. 
    This is amazing lol 
  • Options
    I used tight sports bras to stop production last time and it was pretty effective so I wear a size bigger now with my supply.

QUESTION: I think LO would sleep closer to through the night if it weren't for his turning himself in circles. The problem with his circles is that given his length, he gets about 45 degrees and proceeds to bang his head and feet on the sides on the crib. This wakes him every time. So how do I stop the turning or the banging? I know padded bumpers exist but I'm pretty sure I need to wait longer before using them. He's not quite 3 months (despite his very large build).
  • Options
    I used tight sports bras to stop production last time and it was pretty effective so I wear a size bigger now with my supply.

QUESTION: I think LO would sleep closer to through the night if it weren't for his turning himself in circles. The problem with his circles is that given his length, he gets about 45 degrees and proceeds to bang his head and feet on the sides on the crib. This wakes him every time. So how do I stop the turning or the banging? I know padded bumpers exist but I'm pretty sure I need to wait longer before using them. He's not quite 3 months (despite his very large build).
    It's funny you say that because M has the same issue. I never thought about it waking him up but he does end up kicking the railings in the middle of the night. I have no solution but I'm curious to hear if anyone does. 
  • Options
    @mrsmaryk2016 Big baby problems!
  • Options
    @MrsMaryK2016 Maybe try a co-sleeper? We use the SnuggleMe. The original is about $100, maybe a little pricey for an experiment! But maybe there's a cheaper one out there.
    https://www.snugglemeorganic.com/

• Options
    Oops, that should've been a tag for @SandNStarsNJ :blush:
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited February 2017
    My LO moves up and in a courner banging her head or gets 'stuck' 
    She now wears a a sleepingbag and is less mobile. (Although she's getting the hang of moving in that too) 
    In her play pin she moves in circles too, but in her crib she's in between side sleepers, so she can't. (She either sleeps on side or back in between them) 
    Maybe side sleepers may stop your LO from moving in circles? Or a babynest (you have bigger once, so could use them for a while)
    It's of course not recommended to use either by some websites, but I would buy a baby nest hadn't the side sleeper worked. (The latter she's been using since day one, here in the Netherlands they are unofficial recommended if you have a side sleeper)

• Options
    How long do you keep her up before trying a nap?  My baby can only be awake an hour and 15-30 min tops before swaddling and soothing her for the next nap.   If we go longer than that,  she is too worked up and fights sleep.   

tvh1982 said:
    My LO sleeps very little during the day.
    Between 7am and 7pm she sleeps 50min, 1,5hrs and 50 min.
    Is this normal?

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16