May 2017 Moms
Options

UO 2/2

2»

Re: UO 2/2

• Options
    @Kipperoo baths and massages are my two favourite ways to relax! I've been known to watch a full movie while sitting in the bath tub. 

I also think that sweet and salty taste gross together. No peanut butter cookies, no chocolate covered pretzels. Yuck. I do love reeces pieces though, but I think it's because they don't taste like real peanut butter.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I don't mind actually showering. It's the blow drying my hair that makes me want to scream.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bacorrea I hate blow drying as well. I have thick hair and I shower every day but wash my hair only on Sundays. It is a life saver 
  • Options
    @CherryBananas I hear ya on the salty and sweet. Rarely does this work, in my opinion.
  • Options
    I think cake balls are overrated.
    Not the good ones. Cake pops can be heavenly but they have to be made right.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    kns1988 said:
    I don't know why crib bedding sets exist. Who are these people buying comforters for cribs? 
    Haha me as a FTM who didn't know any better. I knew not to use the bumper though! 
  • Options
    Jen_Shoes said:
    @bacorrea I hate blow drying as well. I have thick hair and I shower every day but wash my hair only on Sundays. It is a life saver 
    How is this possible!!! I can do every other day, but the off day is looking pretty rough! 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @BeachMommy2B I think I trained my hair? lol I used to not be able to. I don't use any product other than dry shampoo. And I try not to touch my hair at all during the week. I wash it Sunday afternoon and by Friday it will be up for the rest of the weekend. I just don't give any fvcks. 
  • Options
    ChristinaWildChristinaWild member
    edited February 2017
    @Jen_Shoes - I'm with you on the once a week washing. i started limiting how frequently I washed it during postpartum shed with DS, but it sure is nice to only battle it once!

My UO - I hate autocorrect on phones. I swear I spend more time fixing the corrections than should be necessary 

ETA: damn thing changed "hate" to "have", proving my dang point!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    I'm all about football, especially when my team is playing. Go Pats!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    As someone with a chocolate allergy, I have to agree- white chocolate isn't chocolate, it is delicious and won't give me rashes!! Give me all the white chocolate!!  (I now really want white chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce. Yum!!) 

On the hair washing thing-- my hair is super curly and the way that it looks good is literally if I don't wash it ever, and if it air dries. I do use conditioner, it is clean, it looks good (most days, ha!) but shampoo kind of does horrible weird things to it, and blow drying or brushing it makes it super huge. Like, the 80s called and said that my hair is too big huge. 

My super late in the day UO (based on watching anerica's test kitchen right now) is that I am super grossed out by sausages. Hot dogs are fine, but anything like a hotdog that has different textures inside it- Eww! 
  • Options
    Kipperoo said:
    @starphish18 , I feel the same way about baths...I like my showers because I'm in and out in 15 minutes max, but I don't understand leisurely baths...which reminds me of another UO that I'm sure to be relatively alone in...

I (generally) dislike massages. I think they are boring and find myself almost always wondering how much longer I have left laying on the table...
    I'm with you on the massages @Kipperoo !! Ive had exactly one massage in my life, two days before my wedding. My maid of honor booked it as a surprise for me and all I did was lay there and think about everything else. I was not "zen" or enjoying the moment at all. Give me a pedicure/manicure over a massage any day! 
  • Options
    chailife34chailife34 member
    edited February 2017
    @RedInLove +1 diehard Pats family over here! 

@Squirtgun +1 my hair is naturally curly so I never ever use shampoo, brush or blow dry or bad things happen. This may be a FFFC but I have recently been flat ironing mine and because my scalp never gets oily or gross, I'm well into two weeks of not washing my hair. I do brush it while it's straight but it took 2 hours to get it this straight, so eff washing/drying/ironing it again. I do shower regularly - shower caps are king. 

• Options
    @Squirtgun and @chailife34 count me in with the super curly hair. I'm 30 years old and still don't know how to do my hair! 

I'm in agreement with most of these UOs today, too many to tag. 
  • Options
    I hate white chocolate. I think PB & actual chocolate are one of the best marriages ever. Peanut M&ms > PB M&ms. I love all the Potter universe, including books and movies. I don't care for much of Bey's music but I dig her attitude. I like cake balls. I like the super bowl for commercials, halftime shows, and food. 

My UO: I can't understand extinction sleep training. We didn't do any sleep training with DD. She was a Velcro baby. She would just get worked up and throw up had I left her to cry for a bit, whether in the crib or if I set her down on the floor during the day for a second. She sleeps awesome now and bedtime is a breeze.  I'm not saying some types of sleep training don't work for some kids. I just don't get extinction crying. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    kns1988 said:
    I don't know why crib bedding sets exist. Who are these people buying comforters for cribs? 
    Haha me as a FTM who didn't know any better. I knew not to use the bumper though! 
    Ditto! What a waste! It's never ever been used. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    I wash my hair every 5 days. I totally trained it. I remember when I'd get to 2nd day hair and think it looked like an atrocious, greasy mess. I just slowly worked up, but one thing that was  huge help was using mousse! If I blow dried with mousse on day one I could go longer w/o washing. I no longer do that, but yea. I now wash at night, go to bed (typically damp because blow drying is so ugh) then curl in the morning. The subsequent days I'll either reshape the curls with my fingers or re curl. Day 3/4 it can start to get a little greasy so I'll use baby powder (silver hair ftw).
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @kayemjay2 that video thing with taylor you have is mesmerizing. I sat here watching it for way way too long lol
    @starphish18 I also dislike showers because I feel its a waste of time. I shower after ds goes to bed and thats eating into my husband / me time
    @kns1988 I agree completely and they are sooo expensive!
    @ChristinaWild my phone updated and no longer remembers how to spell my name or my sons. Nicholas gets autocorrected to nicholasville! wtf is nicholasville...

My UO I think there needs to be more stringent rules on who can run for president. The Constitution gives three eligibility requirements to be president: one must be 35 years of age, a resident "within the United States" for 14 years, and a "natural born Citizen," a term not defined in the Constitution . In this day and age we need more than this to protect our nation
  • Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    edited February 2017
    I think having twins on the way and getting little sleep since thanksgiving would make you change your mind. I never thought I'd let my dd cry it out but i physically can't hold her all day and all night and certainly won't be able to once the twins are here. Im glad for folks who didn't have to do it, but last night was the first night in a very long time that we all got sleep. It only took 15 minutes of crying and we checked on her every three to five minutes. I know she was ok just not happy that i wasn't holding her. My uo... Cry it out is necessary for some.
  • Options
    @christinawild @Yiggle09 Haha! Mine keeps auto-correcting H's name to "Tiler". Pretty sure I've never once talked about a tile person and even if I had, I'd clearly call them a "tile person".
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Sorry, @Jkp7749, I wasn't meaning to UO all CIO.  I was specifically referring to extinction crying.  Meaning, you put the kid down and, regardless of crying, don't check on them all night or for a very long time.  I personally don't do CIO, but I don't judge those that do.  My backstory on DD was to show that I didn't really have the option with her.  I'm not sure I would do it anyway, but I understand it does work for some kids.  I think it doesn't work for all.

Anyway, no judgment on sleep training.  Just long periods of abandonment type of training.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    edited February 2017
    kayemjay2 said:
    Yiggle09 said:

My UO I think there needs to be more stringent rules on who can run for president. The Constitution gives three eligibility requirements to be president: one must be 35 years of age, a resident "within the United States" for 14 years, and a "natural born Citizen," a term not defined in the Constitution . In this day and age we need more than this to protect our nation
    @Yiggle09 - I completely agree. It's absurd that there are no real prerequisites for what is arguably one of the most powerful position in the world. I also think it's ridiculous that "politician" has become a dirty word- call me crazy, but I would feel much more comfortable with an elected official who has actual experience in politics. President of the US isn't exactly an "entry level" position. This may be a less popular opinion, but I think law school should be a requirement to run for president. How can someone who has not rigorously studied the Constitution (and who most likely hasn't even read the damn thing) be charged with upholding it? 
    I agree and disagree at the same time. I was the one who started this train of thought by posting about DJT, whom I detest royally. Likewise, I considered HRC's MANY years of public service and politics to be a huge plus. But I can understand the appeal of an "outsider" in many ways. I don't think there needs to be specific requirements other than the ones listed for president. We just need to provide better information to the electorate (none of this fake news shit, or MSM getting PLAYED by the hollywood candidate), and we need to have more of a culture of caring in the first place. Caring about getting it right, not about picking sides/fights, living in echo chambers, etc. We need to have a culture of caring about accurate information, critical thinking, information literacy, and understanding how the country works. Like, know the constitution so you can tell when it's being violated, etc. One thing we weight way too heavily when voting is whether we'd like to get a beer with the guy, basically. This is why HRC was never a great candidate. I just wish people could be grown-ups about the whole thing.

All of this said, I think that if the electorate were better informed, the career politician would be more likely to win than the zero-experience person most of the time, so in that sense I agree. I just wouldn't want to shut the process out, either.

• Options
    Sorry, @Jkp7749, I wasn't meaning to UO all CIO.  I was specifically referring to extinction crying.  Meaning, you put the kid down and, regardless of crying, don't check on them all night or for a very long time.  I personally don't do CIO, but I don't judge those that do.  My backstory on DD was to show that I didn't really have the option with her.  I'm not sure I would do it anyway, but I understand it does work for some kids.  I think it doesn't work for all.

Anyway, no judgment on sleep training.  Just long periods of abandonment type of training.
    I felt that way until I had a kid that had the exact perfect personality and temperament for it. I tried every gentle method or technique you could name then tried the more moderate CIO ideas and finally extinction was the only thing that worked. He is very black and white on things and all the more gradual techniques actually made it harder for him to be like "oh, ok, time to sleep". I know for lots of kids and parents it doesn't work but we didn't have long escalating stretches of crying, it was insane how fast it clicked for him once we found something that actually worked with his personality.

We also went cold turkey on bottles and pacis and weaning for the same reason. He does remarkably better with sudden and definitive changes, he's a very stubborn unicorn like that. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    kat81 said:
    I'm more scared of Steve Bannon than I am of Donald Trump.

Also, I neither think Donald Trump is an idiot nor is he a genius (rather I think it's a bit of both). Some of the crazy shit he says & does is crazy, like he can't help himself and he's shooting himself in the foot. But some of the crazy shit he says is definitely wholly calculated, and the media and people play right into his hands when he does it.
    THIS! I'm not American so Trump really has very little bearing on my life, but some of the ideas he has put forward I do agree with, I believe some were executed badly, and I think he is mostly a puppet and a moron (this is only because I cannot stand his voice and when I hear him speak I just make an internal groaning noise). He is a good businessman though and is very calculated in what he says and does, everything has an agenda, and everything gets a reaction it may be a bad reaction, but it's still getting it, and it's getting people talking. Everything he does whether he is completely pulling the strings or not is quite frankly brilliant, and I respect the hell out of that. 

Politics aside, the man knows what he's doing. The whole thing should probably be a wakeup call to America that 50% of your country is so sick of the way the country is that they're willing to vote for such a drastic change. I'm not convinced those people agree'd with him or if they just went "eh what the hell, we can't do any worse" Quite frankly I would vote for anyone besides Hillary Clinton, and watching from the outside I understand 100% how Trump ended up in office.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot
    eh, enough to get him into office, as I said, not American, so it's not exactly something I keep track of. As far as I was aware in the votes Clinton only got something like 3mil more, so it was a pretty close to 50/50 split, but then I did forget that you don't have to vote there.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017