March 2017 Moms

Symptoms (1/31)

I didn't see it posted yet so here we go. How's everyone holding up? 

Re: Symptoms (1/31)

• Loading the player...
  • @Gators&BoSox haha I love that your legs speak Spanish!! Being on bedrest for over 2 weeks now, I feel incredibly weak! Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to get in the floor with my toddler anymore but I'm wishing for leg strength and endurance for you the next 5 weeks! 
  • Just tired today. So tired. :tired_face:

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• sore boob (just my left one).  Feels like I have a bruise.  Is this just my boob getting ready to produce milk?  It's uncomfortable.  

also - seems that now I may have elevated BP.  I had to be monitored today after my NST.  Baby was fine, but my BP was elevated.  I've never had BP issues.  It's always been normal.  

Also I'm with @RunBooRun - I'm just tired.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • I've peed my pants twice today....ugh
    I hear ya! I cant seem to get rid of my cold and every time I sneeze or cough I pee my pants. ugh seems like the most appropriate word for it!
  • Bleeding gums!!! Im a "3x a day" brusher and every time I do it looks like I split a vein or something! Also the most obnoxious dry skin around my eyes and nose, I think I may be shedding my outer human layer to reveal the permanently exhausted Mom-Bot underneath, haha! And my bump....it gets in the way of everything. I used to be able to squeeze between the baskets of a slow old lady at the supermarket and a dude on the phone while chasing down my toddler, tried that yesterday and got stuck. Fortunately everyone was gracious and laughed with me but I just had a moment of, this is my life now. Im the lady with the cumbersome bump! 
  • nothing new. Biggest complaint would be the exhaustion. waking up 3-4x at night to pee, and that last time around 3:30 is always the one I just sit awake forever trying to fall back asleep. 
  • I'm actually having trouble walking now. Definitely started a waddle and every 4th or so step I get this pain in my lower back. My entire body aches when I sleep too.. I get quite a bit of belly pain that keeps me up.  I'm just super stressed, exhausted and completely ready to have my body back. 
  • Some of these responses made me laugh out loud - but don't worry I'm laughing with you not at you because I can definitely relate!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm actually having trouble walking now. Definitely started a waddle and every 4th or so step I get this pain in my lower back. My entire body aches when I sleep too.. I get quite a bit of belly pain that keeps me up.  I'm just super stressed, exhausted and completely ready to have my body back. 
    Me too. All of this.

also, significant swelling in one leg and not the other accompanied by numbness. 
  • RunBooRun said:
    Just tired today. So tired. :tired_face:

Definitely feeling this one ... 
  • thanks @Lexxilou1986!

for you guys that have been "peeing yourself" i'm assuming you obviously don't have control over it but does it just kind of seep out? i've had this going on today and i *think* it's pee but of course my nervous brain is convincing me it's a slow fluid leak. i know the tricks like lay down and see if you get a gush when you get up and stuff like that i was just wondering i guess what it felt like to you guys. my water broke with my first and it was definitely more fluid. i put a panty liner on. i need her to stay put about 4-5 more weeks! 
  • I'm sooooo tired! And it doesn't help that my husband goes to Portland every week to work until we finally move there. He's gone this week M-F and it sucks so hard. It wouldn't be bad if it were just me, but I have to do everything regarding our toddler, plus taking care of the dog. On top of that, I also have to keep our house clean since it's on the market. I've been doing pretty well with keeping the house clean, but I'm at the point where I want to say my screw it. If someone wants to come see the house they have to understand that actual people live there. Of course I can't do that though so I'll just suck it up.  :/
  • @Gators&BoSox  for me it's when I cough or sneeze. But after I pee (normally, on the toilet) I'll have a little leak/seep when I stand up. 
  • Middle/upper back pain, but just on one side right outside my spine. Like it seriously needs to pop. And I know it's from sitting at my desk all day but then I sit on my yoga ball and that leads to pressure and then I'm just standing at my desk for a half hour. Sigh. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • kiyamurph said:
    I'm sooooo tired! And it doesn't help that my husband goes to Portland every week to work until we finally move there. He's gone this week M-F and it sucks so hard. It wouldn't be bad if it were just me, but I have to do everything regarding our toddler, plus taking care of the dog. On top of that, I also have to keep our house clean since it's on the market. I've been doing pretty well with keeping the house clean, but I'm at the point where I want to say my screw it. If someone wants to come see the house they have to understand that actual people live there. Of course I can't do that though so I'll just suck it up.  :/
    Heck no! My DH has been traveling like 2-3 days a week and I can't handle my toddler alone. I want  to cry when he leaves. Poor lady :(
  • Middle/upper back pain, but just on one side right outside my spine. Like it seriously needs to pop. And I know it's from sitting at my desk all day but then I sit on my yoga ball and that leads to pressure and then I'm just standing at my desk for a half hour. Sigh. 
    I have this too but lower on one side. I'm starting to think is because I always hold DD on my left hip and she's preeety heavy. 
  • @Gators&BoSox for me it's usually with a sneeze or cough-but a few more iffy times it's still always been with moving around in some way that must have pushed on my bladder.
  • i think it was pee.. i had just taken a shower and attempted shaving so i think all of that bending and twisting might have squeezed the living daylights out of my bladder haha
  • +1 for exhaustion. I must wake up 10 times per night... Peeing, rolling over... I don't know how I'm supposed to function like this for another (potentially) 8 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Heartburn anyone? Laying on my right side is most comfortable and right when I do it, I feel the burn. It's terrible. I'm usually a tummy sleeper and don't use pillows when I'm on my stomach so this is just getting old fast but wanting my 6+ weeks. 

My emotions are going insane. I'll be fine and then it just switches and I am so frustrated at something or another. 

Lastly... yup, peed my pants last night! 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• My fun new symptoms: 
    Dizzy spells (ugh, will ask midwife about this Mondat) and pelvic pain when standing or spreading my legs out like when I'm getting into my can or climbing into bed. If I'm sitting with my legs spread and I stand up it is a sharp jolt! Otherwise it's more of a bone-sore feeling. Not sure how I'm going to keep working for a month if this is permanent....I'm a teacher, walking and standing are kinda necessary. 

On a positive note my blood pressure has stayed down so I am less worried that something is seriously wrong and more just annoyed. Imma try to double down on drinking more water and see if that helps. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bleeding gums!!! Im a "3x a day" brusher and every time I do it looks like I split a vein or something! Also the most obnoxious dry skin around my eyes and nose, I think I may be shedding my outer human layer to reveal the permanently exhausted Mom-Bot underneath, haha! And my bump....it gets in the way of everything. I used to be able to squeeze between the baskets of a slow old lady at the supermarket and a dude on the phone while chasing down my toddler, tried that yesterday and got stuck. Fortunately everyone was gracious and laughed with me but I just had a moment of, this is my life now. Im the lady with the cumbersome bump! 
    I have "pregnancy induced gingivitis" according to my dentist. Getting my teeth cleaned was super uncomfortable! So. Much. Blood.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• DH is sick and between his snoring, my general discomfort, and my heartburn I am getting zero sleep! Oh and getting up to pee 10x a night is not helping either! 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @longliveregina I feel your pain! It almost feels like the bones are severely bruised or something. Getting up out of bed is the worst. I feel like some days it's horrible and other days it eases up a bit. I wonder if it has something to do with the constant standing and movement in our classrooms. I forget what level you teach, but with elem. I'm up and down too.. not helping! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• kelizr said:
    @longliveregina I feel your pain! It almost feels like the bones are severely bruised or something. Getting up out of bed is the worst. I feel like some days it's horrible and other days it eases up a bit. I wonder if it has something to do with the constant standing and movement in our classrooms. I forget what level you teach, but with elem. I'm up and down too.. not helping! 
    I teach high school...still lots of pacing, but I recently moved my classroom around so I could sit in the middle I'm a rolly chair, lol, so that helps a little. The walking on the tile floors is a KILLER. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina I'm right there with you in the pelvic pain. I slipped on ice at work last week and my legs went in directions they really shouldn't have.  I have been in horrible pain since.  Walking,  sitting,  lying down... Nothing is comfortable.  I work at a doctors office,  and my doctor took one look at me walking and immediately took me off work.  I am hoping a little rest will help me feel better so I am not stuck at home for the next six weeks 
  • My ankles and feet have been sore and throbbing for weeks but now my wrists and hands have decided to join in on the pain. I've noticed the veins on my hands and wrists are huge. I wake up at night with tingling fingers and throbbing wrists. It's so bad I can't sleep. Anyone else have this?
  • My newest symptom is unrelenting carpal tunnel wrist pain, worse in my right (dominant) arm. :( I hear it is unlikely to improve after pregnancy... ugh.
    Other than that, I'm in the same boat as most of the above posters: exhausted, waddling, back pain, peeing all the time, etc. And nesting. :) Really enjoying watching the nursery come together. 

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• While I have been getting acne all over my stomach for weeks now, this week, my face decided it was time to join in on the action. 

Super gassy lately, too - though probably the fried cabbage dish I made this weekend and have been eating on the leftovers for days isn't helping with that.

Also recently experienced my first cough-pee.  Fun times.

• Sudden swelling of my left leg with numbness and pain. I'm in the hospital getting ready to be treated for a blood clot. :-(

watch out for that sudden swelling!!
  • @happyhiker oh no!! Keep us updated! Hope everything turns out okay!

@foetsty I'm so with you. Was just saying last week how much I've been enjoying pregnancy. But since this stomach bug I caught, I've had horrible heartburn that's keeping me from sleeping now and making me always nauseated and not wanting to eat. I realize I've only been experiencing this 3 days now, but I'm done. I'm so done. My patience is shot. I want to yell and simultaneously cry at everyone I see. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 I have the same issue with waking up. Mine is usually 2am-4am then my alarm goes off at 5:30. I feel like I should get up and get ready that early and then just lay back down but I don't want to move.

@longliveregina I wish I could rearrange my room. It's hard for me to stand for long now so I sit a lot either on my desk or on a stool. I'm in a computer lab so if someone has a question I have walk all the way to the back which makes my belly hurt even more. To top it off I'm stressed about how many weeks of lesson plans to write. My sub is the persons whose job I took when he retired 3 years ago so he knows the content but I'm still confused on what to do. I asked my principal and she told me to ask him. I asked him and he says that it doesn't matter he is at my disposal. I'm not that type of person though I need a concrete number so I can plan accordingly.