September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 1/30

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 1/30

• Options
    margareth said:
    Sometimes when I brush my teeth I have a gag reflex and on occasion it actually makes me throw up! Happened tonight. Yuck

I recommend this Australian ginger beer (nonalcoholic of course) called Bundaberg! Anyone had it? 
    This!! Every time. Then I vomit and brushing my teeth feels like a total waste of time as my mouth tastes so disgusting but if I brush my teeth again I vomit again. Ahhhh!!
  • Options
    k8ywags said:
    margareth said:
    Sometimes when I brush my teeth I have a gag reflex and on occasion it actually makes me throw up! Happened tonight. Yuck

I recommend this Australian ginger beer (nonalcoholic of course) called Bundaberg! Anyone had it? 
    This!! Every time. Then I vomit and brushing my teeth feels like a total waste of time as my mouth tastes so disgusting but if I brush my teeth again I vomit again. Ahhhh!!
    I was the same way during my 2nd PG. it helped to breathe out while brushing and take little breaks 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At week 9 my symptoms seem to be dying down a bit. I'm still dealing with fatigue/bloat and some mild nausea but it's not the all day nausea experience I was having before. I have had what seems like the never ending cold or sinus infection. Bleh. 
  • Options
    I'm so tired and also so cold! I don't remember being cold all the time with previous ones. And normally I like to keep my office on the cooler side...now I'm cranking the heat!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited January 2017
    lahearn18 said:
    7wks + 2. I am so tired ALL.THE.TIME. oh cool you slept for 8hrs you need a 2 hr nap and go to bed at 9p. All day nausea. And have been having some wicked gas. Thank god the hubs is out of town, bc it was baad yesterday. ACNE. So much ACNE. I usually have pretty clear skin, but this, this is so bad.  Boobs are still sore and my nips are still way sensitive. While on skype with DH he is just staring at them.  

Edited* anyone have super chapped/cracked lips? I am a moisturizing and chap stick crazy lady and my lips are so chapped/cracked ita driving me nuts

My lips are so chapped and I am drinking ALL the water. I'm using my SIL's homemade mint lip balm and that helps but Bert's Bees works great for OTC stuff. Oh and tea tree oil will clear up acne.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    My nipples are HUGE! And my boobs are still sensitive and fuller. My fiancé keeps trying to get me to let him test if they are fuller and I won't let him since they're sore. He said this pregnancy thing is no fun if it gives me bigger boobs that he can't play with!  :D:D

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @lahearn18 My lips are also very chapped. And my skin is dry, which causes a lot of itching. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @lahearn18 My lips are also very chapped. And my skin is dry, which causes a lot of itching. 
    Same! I have to put chapstick on in the middle of the night, every night. And I load it up before I go to sleep. Also I'm having to put lotion on too, which I've never really had to, even in the winter. @lahearn18
  • Options
    Yep. I'm pretty much constantly coated in cocoa butter and burt's bees. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Help! 

Nothing is really helping my nausea and "smell aversions"... I wish I could escape my body for at least a few weeks! I am 9w1d and although I should be thankful for symptoms after a loss, I feel so wretched. This morning I opened a kitchen cabinet and caught a whiff of a scent that has been making me feel sick and I started throwing up right then and there. I'm wearing Sea bands, taking B6, eating small meals whenever I can, and sucking on ginger chews. Any advice? I know there's no real "cure"... at least it comes and goes so I can take advantage of the better times, but I feel so miserable when I'm nauseated. :( 
  • Options
    Oh, and I take unisom with B6 most nights but I don't want to during the day since it makes you drowsy...
  • Options
    @margareth I wish I had some advice... but nothing is really working for me either. Sour popcicles do give me a little bit of relief while I'm eating them, so at least I get a tiny break. I feel the exact same way, I hate complaining because I am so incredibly grateful to be pregnant and have the "normal" symptoms, but I just need a break from feeling miserable. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 7w today (by measurement on ultrasound) and just a little woozy here and there if I smell something rancid or if I'm hungry but no nausea per se.
    Boobs were sore but yesterday and today...not so much.
    Same for bloat...seems less than it was which freaks me out! I know the symptoms come and go but anyone have them leave for a few days or go away altogether?
    Wearing a Breathe Right strip at night because I can't breathe...hoping it's not that pregnancy rhinitis Dr Google mentioned (asshat said it gets WORSE as the pregnancy goes on...great, thanks). And I think the occasional mouth breathing is causing the dry lips.
    I'm kind of itchy too...dry skin.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 Thanks for responding... I completely agree. It helps to talk about it, at least, because I have no pregnant friend to talk to in person... at least not yet! It feels a little lonely. And the baby is so tiny it seems odd not to *really* feel pregnant, just feel sick! (Hard to imagine a baby the size of an olive is wreaking such havoc on the body, but that's how it can go!) 
  • Options
    Question for those of you on baby #2 or more...when did you start getting nauseas? Anyone start later on first tri? I know most begin around 6weeks but curious if anyone was a late bloomer lol

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @Texafornian not sure if this counts but my nausea is definitely worse the second time around, but it showed up earlier than my first pregnancy. The first time I think I made it to ten or eleven weeks before I got any nausea. This time it started like the week after I peed on the stick. 
  • Options
    Y'all, my left boob hurts so bad that I seriously can't think about anything else. Makes it hard to get any of my work done. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    The dry mouth. It needs to stop already. The queasiness was bad enough and now the dry mouth is making me dry heave. Not cool. 
  • Options
    I need the insane gag reflex to chill already. I'm over here swallowing chunks of Tums because I. Can. Not. swallow them if I chew them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    7w6d

in the words of dj khalid-"all I do is pee pee pee no matter what" I may have changed them a bit  ;)B)

also im down right frozen. I can't even deal, im constantly covered in layers, the other day I was wearing a toque and blanket scarf in the classroom (on top of my long sleeve and Jean jacket)

im angry - I feel like this will be an every week update. 
  • Options
    7w, 1d - I threw up twice today, but after 2 miscarriages last year, you can't even know how excited and happy I am about it.
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 My gag reflex is also strong. I ended up buying gummy prenatal because I gag on my prenatal every night. And tums. And any bite of food that really needs to be chewed. It's getting really old. 

I also burp all the time now. It's insane. I've never been a particularly gassy person, but I burp frequently atm, which makes seeing people in close spaces (such as my phlebotomist yesterday) really awkward. 

• Options
    I'm curious....  For those of you who are having aversions or throwing up or gaggy.... Were you inclined to do so pre-pregnancy?  Like, picky eaters or easily gacked out?
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    6+5, I had my first morning barf . . . While going through Italian airport security. Oops! Luckily there was a trash can.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    PS seems a liiiittle late for them to be preventing me from accessing "sex ed" materials . . .

I died laughing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    9w+6d here.
    Always tired... and SUPER bloated. Wearing leggings as often as I can, because pants hurt.
    My mom sent me a belly band yesterday, and I may have to start using it now with unbuttoned pants. Yikes.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @kailapop I was angry the first week after my BFP. Mostly because DH kept drinking in front of me and I was missing my wine. Much better now. 
    I'm 6w+2d. Still a bit constipated and gassy. Bloat and feeling cold seems to come and go. It's weird because I usually run hot! Boobs still sore but not as much. Still waiting for them to get huge! :smiley:
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    I know people have mentioned oily skin/hair...but does anyone else feel like their scalp is about to dry up and fall off?! I have never had dandruff before and now suddenly I'm a mess. Head and Shoulders doesn't work, not using head and shoulders doesn't work. Going as many days as I can between washing helps a little bit. Going to try coconut oil tonight. Any other recommendations?!

disclaimer: I'm using the website on mobile so not all of my words are coming out right. I tried to proof read but I'm tired
  • Options
    Just threw up because of the movie masterminds. So gross. Do not recommend watching if you're having a hard time with gagging. 
  • Options
    @jmn1985: I do think that there *can* be a connection between historically having a more sensitive stomach and having more severe morning sickness when pregnant, though there are obviously exceptions. I have always been prone to motion sickness, whereas a friend of mine who sails in the Caribbean did not have morning sickness -- coincidence? Maybe. But some people have a more sensitive "command post" that triggers gagging -- it's all connected to the signals in our brains, after all! So my guess is that -- more often than not -- there's a connection there. It's a bummer that the two friends I had talked to about their pregnancies did NOT have morning sickness! I can't imagine early pregnancy without it, but some gals are very lucky. (Neither of these friends had post-pregnancy weight gain, either! Life isn't fair...)
  • Options
    9w2d here... I heard nausea can taper off in the 10th week -- has anyone heard that? This week has been the worst so far and I'm hoping it starts getting better next week...
  • Options
    @jmn1985 I'm the least picky eater, I'll eat mostly anything and I've still been nauseous. For what it's worth, all 3 of my PGs, the nausea was different, from minimal to awful, all day nausea.
  • Options
    jmn1985 said:
    I'm curious....  For those of you who are having aversions or throwing up or gaggy.... Were you inclined to do so pre-pregnancy?  Like, picky eaters or easily gacked out?
    I had no gag reflex issues. It takes a whole lot to gross me out / cause an aversion. But I am having terrible morning sickness. Brushing my teeth feels pointless because it makes me dry heaves and / or vomit every time.
  • Options
    I am so flipping hungry it's unreal. I'm eating little meals but I'm still ravenous at meal time. Doesn't mesh well with the nausea though....

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    margareth said:
    9w2d here... I heard nausea can taper off in the 10th week -- has anyone heard that? This week has been the worst so far and I'm hoping it starts getting better next week...
    I distinctly remember bringing ginger ale to my 12 week appointment with DS because I was still nauseated. I think mine went away shortly after that. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. If it went away next week that would be amazing! 

• Options
    @Texafornian During my last pregnancy my nausea didn't get bad until about 10 weeks...and then I threw up for 15 weeks and lost a bunch of weight :) I'm hoping this one is a little easier than my first, but I'm fully expecting to have worse morning sickness/nausea starting in a few weeks (I'm 8+2 now).
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    Anyone else experiencing hot flashes?  I feel like they just come out of no where then I get super cold :(
  • Options
    @jmn1985  I've read a couple of different places that being prone to motion sickness also makes you more succeptable to morning sickness. (So does a history of migraines, apparently...) 

I'm not really a picky eater. I don't usually have a bad gag reflex either... except when it comes to things like Tums and Alka Seltzer, things like that have always been a struggle for me. Pregnancy just seems to make it worse.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sableeg that sounds miserable...

**TW**
    Losses: