March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 1/23

13»

Re: Randoms! 1/23

• @npaulie haha that Venn Diagram is perfect!! 

@RunBooRun My youngest sister is really obsessed with Pokemon, and there are Pokemon that fit the description of "fire monkey" and "fire chicken," so she has been really excited to buy her nephew a plush version once she knows for sure which one he is. haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Today is the last day to be born in the year of the Monkey! Tomorrow is Chinese New Year, so all babies born after today (or anytime between January 28, 2017 - February 15, 2018) are in the Year of the Rooster :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I was reading an article online yesterday and one of the hospitals near me had TWENTY ONE babies born in 24 hours! These hospitals really aren't that big so I have no idea how they're managing everybody being there. A girl I know is one of the 21 who had her baby during that period. There is clearly some good birthing juju happening right now. **breathes into brown paper bag** 
    So many babies want to be Monkeys because clearly Monkeys are the best and most charming Zodiac animal!
    Sincerely,
    A Metal Monkey
  • edited January 2017
    So while the animals often have "lucky" elements associated with them (Tiger/Rabbit = Wood, Snake/Horse = Fire, Ox/Dragon/Goat/Dog = Earth, Monkey/Rooster = Metal and Pig/Rat = Water) the elements used more commonly are designated by a 12-year cycle. I'm willing to bet most of us on this board are likely Water Elements (born 1972-1983) or Wood Elements (born 1984-1996). All of our babies will be born in an Earth Element cycle (2008-2019). This 12-year cycle rotation means that each sign (I'm a Wood Rabbit for example) only occurs once every 60 years. 

This is the link my sister-in-law sent me to explain all this to me.... This is an area of passion for her. I don't really know what I am talking about other than repeating what she's told me haha. 
    https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/china-five-elements-philosophy.htm
  • I'm a Wood Monkey! Which is ironic because I have a bit of a fear of primates in general-I think they are incredible creatures but unnerving as well. Love looking at the Chinese zodiac and had never seen it associated with elemental philosophy, pretty awesome stuff! 
  • @Gators&BoSox bahah. That's awesome! 
  • disneybaby84disneybaby84 member
    edited January 2017
    @Gators&BoSox I feel honored I made it in the dream! I 'll be the one with the pet alligator, lived in FL all my life, Florida Gator fan since I was born!
  • So while the animals often have "lucky" elements associated with them (Tiger/Rabbit = Wood, Snake/Horse = Fire, Ox/Dragon/Goat/Dog = Earth, Monkey/Rooster = Metal and Pig/Rat = Water) the elements used more commonly are designated by a 12-year cycle. I'm willing to bet most of us on this board are likely Water Elements (born 1972-1983) or Wood Elements (born 1984-1996). All of our babies will be born in an Earth Element cycle (2008-2019). This 12-year cycle rotation means that each sign (I'm a Wood Rabbit for example) only occurs once every 60 years. 

This is the link my sister-in-law sent me to explain all this to me.... This is an area of passion for her. I don't really know what I am talking about other than repeating what she's told me haha. 
    https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/china-five-elements-philosophy.htm
    This one is different than the last website that I saw (I think this website is incorrect, this year is advertised as Fire Rooster everywhere....)

I'm supposed to be a Fire Tiger (1986), but this would have me as a Wood Tiger...
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @RunBooRun As I said I really have no idea what I am talking about - I'm seriously just repeating what I learned from my SIL. She's also from a very rural area of China, so maybe it's possible that they identify the elements differently - I have no idea. She's really the one with passion in this area, I just find her fascination interesting when she talks about it :)
  • @Gators&BoSox that is amazing I feel super honored! But the Steelers aren't playing in the SB sooooo.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @datalover13 you can thank my Pats for that! haha  ;)
  • @direwolfmini Nice! I literally had to remind my boss about my annual raise before I leave. Goes into effect Monday and next week is my last week. 
  • @kjd291 i never nested last time and had to force myself to clean too! the only thing i did want to do was make freezer food, and even then DH did most of it lol
  • @Gators&BoSox I never got past 37wks (what I hit tomorrow) with DD!  Induced out of the blue. So I feel like such a FTM from here on out! I've never been this pregnant-or dealt with any of the other fun stuff that comes along with it! 
    I can keep forcing myself to clean and cook... but I'd rather do it willingly ;) haha. Oh well!
  • haha yep I should really be folding laundry while DS naps, yet here i am! i was induced too and for some reason i feel like my body will never break into labor naturally. no idea why i feel that way. i guess just bc it didn't happen last time so i can't imagine what it's like to randomly start getting contractions. fingers crossed we both get to find out this time!
  • @Gators&BoSox right!? I feel the same way! (("My body will never break into natural labor")) Getting closer and closer to finding out! :open_mouth:
  • Wwyd:

Team Green, but we have 2 girls. I found my bins of NB and 0-3 girl clothes. They were washed and packed away about 2 years ago. Should I:

1. Bust them out, wash them again, and put them in the dresser?
    2. Sort and put them in the dresser without washing?
    3. Do nothing until baby is born?

The bins haven't been opened at all so they should be clean... I guess it's kind of hard to imagine us even having a boy lol!
  • C25C25 member
    @kjd291 you're soooooo close and I'm jealous! I'm trailing right behind you, due March 1/2/3 (not sure when conception truly happened) so I have a little over 4 weeks to go. Have no motivation to clean or cook but my to-do before baby comes seems to grow longer and longer. I totally nap when my DS naps trying to soak that up while I can and I just can't get a grip on energy! 
    I don't want to wait 4.5 more weeks, so I literally round up and tell myself I only have 4 left! Haha!
  • edited January 2017
    @Cbeanz what @disneybaby84 said. Wash the gender neutral stuff for sure, and I would also wash NB clothes, because they are not the big so it's not like you'll have to do multiple loads. 50% chance you'll use them right?! 
  • @C25 The toddler struggle is real! They take all the extra energy the little one you're growing leaves behind ;)
    Hope you can round up for real and have babe before your EDD!
  • ah @kjd291 that stinks! if i remember correctly though today you are the most pregnant you've ever been so congratulations on that!