March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 1/23

Re: Randoms! 1/23

• @JustAnotherUsername16 I don't think it's a thing like push presents are, none of my friends who delivered recently gave their husbands gifts. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • haha @JustAnotherUsername16 that was my first thought! I'll give him a baby?

I will agree that my DH does put up with a lot, but in all fairness I'm the one who deals with the whole pregnancy plus a toddler at home. I kinda feel like we're even, and neither of us needs a present for it.

It is a sweet idea, I'm just not a sentimental type of person I guess :neutral: 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sunshine507 I am giving my husband one of those cheesy coffee mugs that says "Reasons I love being a dad" with our kids and dog names 
  • @sunshine507 maybe a nice picture frame with him and baby?
  • @sunshine507 I agree with @JustAnotherUsername16. I'm giving you a person. Yeah I've been moody and you've had to step around the house but it's been no picnic for me either. We're in this together. I don't expect a "push present," you're def not getting a "I did dishes and vacuumed" present. 
  • I agree with @silverbulletband. A gift would be nice although I'm not insisting that my husband has to get me one. Friends and family send flowers and cards to women all the time after they give birth. The idea of a push present is similar it's just from your husband. 
  • My husband's birthday is March 14th so I will be getting mine a gift :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am not planning to get my husband a delivery gift.  That and the whole push present thing are a fad I have never, ever heard of before starting to get online to research pregnancy questions - it's not part of my family's customs or his.  Heck, I put a lot of thought and work into what I got him for a wedding present (something else I hadn't heard of - bride and groom getting gifts for each other??) thinking that it was a Southern tradition (I'm from Pennsylvania and moved to Missouri where he lives) only to find out that he had never heard of it, either, and then he felt bad for not getting me anything.  We're both getting a baby; that's plenty gift enough!  And while I do appreciate him starting to step up to help around the house lately, to me, we're a team and if one of us is down for the count, the other should be stepping up to take care of the team, and it doesn't need a special reward.  The gift thing is a nice idea, but I'm not personally participating in it.

• My DHs bday is exactly a week before my due date. I'm going to put some extra thought into his gift this year because he really has been amazing, but not something specific for the birth.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• C25C25 member
    @sunshine507 what about making Valentine's Day extra special this year instead? Getting him a bigger or an extra gift and tell him the reason is because you are grateful for the way he's been during pregnancy? That's kind of what I though about doing 

@longliveregina my birthday is the same as your DH! :smile:
  • I can see the whole gift thing from both perspectives. I personally won't be getting my husband anything special, but I also understand why some women would want to do that for husbands that go the extra mile to help us. At the same time though, I feel like it's all part of being a team and having our back is something that our husbands are supposed to do. But then again, letting them know that we actually appreciate them for having our backs and showing our appreciation through a little recognition gift isn't a bad thing either. No judgment for whatever someone wants to do.
  • I'd personally rather my DH get something special for our LO than for me as a "push" present.  My Dad got my Mom and I both a bracelet when I was born.  I still have it today.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @Happyhiker true! Anyone could be next. I know personally won't be asking for a membrain sweet anytime soon though! Hah.

and yes! Sympathy symptoms are definitely real. Not just the sympathy weight gain, but lots of SOs have some funny stuff happen to them during pregnancy too.  My H had awful sleep walking episodes with our first! I thought I might have to lock the babies room if they continued! Hah
  • MrsBinPA said:
    I seriously think I need an intervention for my registry stalking........
    PREACH! So glad I'm not alone in this...
  • @jenny0228 ah that's so sweet of DH! And it'll be so nice for you to have such a meaningful piece of jewelry 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lol I don't need to stalk my registry because I am literally the only one who has bought anything from it. :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • npaulie said:

THIS IS SO ACCURATE!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @kjd291 I'll share my due date with you!
  • Sorry I dropped off for a bit, these days I seem to just have time to post then things immediately get busy :/
    Thanks all for the input - I can definitely see why some people wouldn't do gifts for their husbands, but with where we're at I think I'm going to go ahead with something small but personal for him. Love the ideas! 
    BabyFruit Ticker