March 2017 Moms

Re: Randoms! 1/23

• This is definitely random- but how would I find our Facebook group? 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I am an indecisive person but baby is not even here yet and I already am having second thoughts about our stroller! We were between two after getting to compare them in store and I ended up talking myself into purchasing the cheaper one because I found it on sale. Turns out it is an older model and isn't quite what we looked at either. :/ We are also not getting a compatible car seat (cousin is passing hers on to me) which I have mixed feelings about. UGH!
  • @silverbulletband It's a closed/private group so you have to PM your email address to @KellyT22 and she can add you!
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Anyone see La La Land and felt completely underwhelmed? It's good but I just don't think it was that great. Now it's nominated for everything. The music and Ryan Gosling make the movie. 
  • I dreamt my water broke and it was all gushy in my underwear 
  • I miss my sex drive. 
  • npaulienpaulie member
    edited January 2017
    I don't want to go to work. I'm sitting on my bed trying to convince myself to get dressed. At least I only have to go in for 4 hours 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gators&BoSox if I spent that much time on the phone with MIL I'd looking for a major prize!
  • Anyone see La La Land and felt completely underwhelmed? It's good but I just don't think it was that great. Now it's nominated for everything. The music and Ryan Gosling make the movie. 
    I haven't seen it, but I've been wondering if it's another one of those over hyped movies that wins a crap ton of awards, all for me to be completely underwhelmed. I watched the Golden Globes and they literally won an award for every category it was nominated. I'll check it out when it comes to DVD.
  • I'm looking into pediatricians now.

Did (or will) any of you meet or interview your pediatrician beforehand? Or did you just pick someone highly rated/recommended to you?

I've gotten a few recommendations and read reviews online, but now I need to actually try to pick someone. This is tough!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @Gators&BoSox Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Can't. even.

@RunBooRun I didn't meet DDs. options got pretty narrowed down by who was "in-plan" on my insurance, and who was taking new patients.  then we chose someone from that list based on convenience/location ((office close enough to home but also near to DH work so if I need help or want him to come he can be there))

• @RunBooRun I had it narrowed down to a few based on personal recommendations and reviews, but each of the practices I narrowed it down to had a "new parents" meeting that I could go to comprised of expecting couples where they provided a tour of the office, a run down of their policies, and a question/answer session with at least one of their doctors. I went to three of these and there was a clear winner after that. Hope that helps you!
  • @RunBooRun I selected one based off of recommendations from all our neighbors.  There are a ton of kids/families in our neighborhood so I feel comfortable trusting their advice... plus it's affiliated with an amazing children's hospital in our area. When I called the office to see if I should come in for anything before the baby comes they just said the only thing I needed to do was give them a call after the baby arrives and we'll go from there, no need to schedule anything prior. 

And omg @kjd291 & @Gators&BoSox those photos are too cute!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mcdonald-bailey I WAS SO UNDERWHELMED. I went to see La La Land this past weekend and left the movie thinking... that was it? It was OK, I'm just confused as to how it won so many awards.
  • @RunBooRun I had a recommendation for a pediatrician from someone, then went to meet him beforehand to make sure I liked him/the office/the policies (which I did). 

They have someone from that practice check in on the newborns born at the hospital every day, so all I had to do was tell the hospital who my ped was and they took care of the rest. One of the doctors from the office came in and checked DD and signed off for her release. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is obsessed with books, i mean loves them, will thumb through them all day. problem is he doesn't want momma to read them to him anymore :( if i start reading he takes the book and runs away lol. i know it's just a phase and i'm sure when his sister gets here and i start reading to her he will be all about it. it just makes me a little sad right now i miss my baby sitting on my lap and reading with me.
    I dream of this day happening to me. Every day I am forced to read the same book over and over. I had to institute a rule that mommy only reads the book 3 times. 

He got wise and started asking for another book, then when it's done going back to the first one again. 

RunBooRun said:
    I'm looking into pediatricians now.

Did (or will) any of you meet or interview your pediatrician beforehand? Or did you just pick someone highly rated/recommended to you?

I've gotten a few recommendations and read reviews online, but now I need to actually try to pick someone. This is tough!
    Yes I did. I mean, I had pretty much picked them out already by reviews but I wanted to go in to get the vibe and find out what the sitch was when baby is born. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Where I live it's actually very very hard to get a pediatrician so I didn't get the chance to meet anyone before hand and just went with the first person that would take my daughter. She was 10 days old and needed to be seen by someone and turns out we absolutely love her. She's not actually a pediatrician but a nurse practitioner that works alongside a doctor. She's great though and asked me if she was taking on this new baby too which was amazing news to find out she actually can take new LO on too. The joys of living in a very small city. Not much choice when it comes to doctors unless we travel. 

• I ate 2 of the Kneaders desserts left over from my work shower for dinner. It sounded like such a good idea at the time, but I'm really regretting it.  There is definitely no room left in my torso for that much food, let alone that much sugar.  Blech.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kap1988 I miss Kneaders so very much! Their food is so delicious. I wish they delivered 1300 miles away because I would order All. The. Time. 
  • @RunBooRun we met with a couple of pediatricians.  It seems to be standard where we live.  With some of them you sign up in advance just so when you call for your baby's first visit they know who you are.  Some do individual meetings with parents and some do q&as with bigger groups.  Some of them charge for this (and we were advised not to see that as a negative), but no one we met with charged us.  We went off of a gut feeling, plus recommendations from others.

Questions that people tended to ask were whether there's a separate waiting area for sick vs healthy patients, whether they require vaccinations (if you're pro vax presumably you would be concerned by a waiting room with unvaccinated kids), what happens if your kid is sick after hours, how hard it is to get a same day sick visit, etc etc. 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 AGREED!

@kjd291 @Gators&BoSocks So much cuteness!! OF COURSE there are cute puppy and newborn pictures on the internet! 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @thisisallyson You have my condolences. Their desserts are so scrumptious.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kap1988 said:
    I ate 2 of the Kneaders desserts left over from my work shower for dinner. It sounded like such a good idea at the time, but I'm really regretting it.  There is definitely no room left in my torso for that much food, let alone that much sugar.  Blech.
    Kneaders, I'm so jealous! Love that place.
  • @Gators&BoSox @datalover13 @CanadianintheSouth YESSSSSSSSS

Although, maybe a part of me wishes that I could be one of those special snowflakes that has my babies at 34 or 35 weeks and they have no delays or NICU time. My VP's wife had twins at 35 weeks and they were 7 1/2 lbs EACH... If my babies are that big at 35 weeks I don't know that I'll make it to 38...
  • Has anyone given their husband a gift after delivery, or is anyone else thinking about it?
    I don't want to get into anything too expensive, but DH has stepped up a huge amount since I've been pregnant- and especially since I've started having some crazy mood swings. I want to get him something but I'm not sure what. He's not really into drinking much so no engraved flasks, not heavily into sports, gets himself whatever he needs for his hobby, is very work-focused but nice stuff for his work office doesn't work particularly well because he wouldn't be using it May - November at least... he's already well-prepared for traveling. 
    Something father-son-ish, father-son bonding something maybe, but I don't know what could be good for that (FTM)...? 

Also, when's good to give a gift to a baby shower hostess? Is it acceptable to send a gift during the week or weekend afterwards? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshine507 if he has a favorite sports team, you could get him and baby matching shirts.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker