July 2017 Moms

Randoms 2.0

12345679»

Re: Randoms 2.0

• Me on the troll thread just now. 
    I got my second warning. That's what. Oops.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @LuLiLaEv. I know a divorced dad who left his 4 year old alone to run to a grocery store to get milk.  Ex-wife coincidentally came by at that time and discovered kid alone.  CPS was involved after that.  They were really young parents and ultimately CPS left him alone after a few months, but it was bad.
  • Loading the player...
  • *tw* My friend just told me a horrible story about leaving a kid alone. Sadly her son was sick and stayed overnight in the hospital in a room with 2 other kids. One of the girls there stayed overnight all alone with no parents or guardians. And she was like a one year old. Very sick. Kept having nurses come in and administer tests. So she's all alone, sick and people she doesn't know do unpleasant things to her and there is no one to comfort her and she's just a clueless baby. My heart broke hearing this. My friend and her husband were there all night so this is a first account of the story, it's not made up. I don't know the situation and maybe the girl's mom is a single parent with other kids or something but that is still so awful. I feel really bad for that kid. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, heartbroken to above story. I hope to someday be a volunteer in a hospital who holds sick babies when their parents can't be there. Or just read the babies stories. 
  • I can't speak for other parents but it's really not that sad that the girl was by herself in a hospital - she was being taken care of. That is not like leaving your child in the car or at home while you go work out. 
  • I can't speak for other parents but it's really not that sad that the girl was by herself in a hospital - she was being taken care of. That is not like leaving your child in the car or at home while you go work out. 
    Have to disagree. When you are 1 year old, getting IVs and blood draws and having to be held down and screaming because there is noone there yoh know to comfort you, that gets very traumatising very fast. Friends 2 year old was just in the hospital for RSV that turned into pneumonia and her mom was there with her the whole time, and her first hand account was that Paisley became terrified everytime anyone she didn't know came into the room, because everytime they did, it seemed they were always poking her to test serum levels.
  • Completely agree with the PP! I was also a nurse in the PICU and most parents don't leave their children overnight because they want to. Frequently, it's single parents, father or mother is out of town or sick themselves, or parent needs to go to work for insurance reasons. Luckily, pediatric nurses are amazing and are frequently able to pay more attention to these children. I remember a few nights of rocking infants and toddlers because there parents HAD to leave. It's a terrible situation to be put in as a parent! 
  • LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited January 2017
    I don't have to 'judge' someone to still recognize it's sad, and breaks my heart. Nowhere did I criticize said parents. 

ETA: just my opinions I'm allowed to have. To me, it's heartbreaking for all parties involved. 
  • I also gave her parents the benefit of the doubt but it seems so scary and sad. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• LoveLee85 said:
    I don't have to 'judge' someone to still recognize it's sad, and breaks my heart. Nowhere did I criticize said parents. 

ETA: just my opinions I'm allowed to have. To me, it's heartbreaking for all parties involved. 
    This. It's sad for everyone. I didn't take your original post as judgmental at all. 
  • LoveLee85 said:

This. It's sad for everyone. I didn't take your original post as judgmental at all. 
    Thank you for that. I was just extra clarifying my above statement. 
  • edited January 2017
    I'm *not* speaking for everyone, but my post was specifically for those that were comparing the hospital situation to the baby home alone while the parents were at the gym. Yes, it is a sad situation and I would never wish that decision on anyone, but comparing the two situations is shameful. 

eta: Damn mobile typing. I left out a word. 
  • @PurplePoppy424  I think I might have worded it poorly. My friend told me this yesterday and I related it to the to the gym discussion. I was really shocked by it. I understand that it's not done lightly, but perhaps my tone was more accusing than I thought or realized. I don't judge people who are in that position. I have never thought about situations like this before, my one kid thankfully never needed to be in a hospital, so hearing this for the first time just tore me up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I just found a double bob on Craigslist for $350 and it's practically brand new- SCORE.  FX it doesn't sell in the next two weeks because I can't drive down to pick it up until then.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • https://metro.co.uk/2017/01/30/miracle-twins-kept-each-other-alive-by-holding-hands-while-still-in-the-womb-6415115/

I just found this on Facebook. How absolutely adorable and so amazing. Be warned, may cause tears even in non-pregnant women. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)