June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/16

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/16

• Options
    Add me to the cloth train. Choo choo! I clothed DD until she started to show interest in potty training. All the trainer's are too big. (She's 22 lbs at 2.5 years) so she's in pull ups. Hopefully not for long though. This one will be in cloth from day 1. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @awillis13 For real! I honestly think it is because all the good boy names become girl names over time. Pretty much all that's left are super traditional ones and super weird ones! I mean, that's not really true, but that's how it seems.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ellie111227 our other problem is, between my nephews and DH's nephews, we have 5 other boys (plus our 2) and a lot of our friends have boys.  So a lot of the good boy names we like have been taken, and we are trying not to duplicate names.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13. Yeah, we have  eight nephews between us, but I actually dont think I would want to use any of their names anyway. I think i just don't like boy names! Maybe I am destined to only have girls. We could easily name about a dozen girls, but boys are so hard.
  • Options
     @awillis13 Yes, we had two possible girl names picked out last time and no boy names. We had to go through a baby name book when we found out that we were having a boy.
    This time around I THINK we have a boy name picked, but are still much more set on our girl name! I don't know why it's so difficult. 
  • Options
    Since I work with kids I don't like a lot of names because they remind me of kids I know! I want to have a boy name decided soon so once we find out in 2 weeks if it's a boy or girl it will have a name! Our girl name is Chloe Elizabeth. I have some middle name ideas for boys but no first names!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Before we found out we were having a girl we changed our boy name literally 5 times.... before I was even 14 weeks... I couldn't imagine how many times it woulveubeen changed over 40 had I been actually having a boy! Lol 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @alm52386 I am really loving the name Chloe right now, just trying to get my husband on board.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    DH just got all in a tizzy because I asked my other BMB for advice about bringing a stroller to Disney for a 5 and 4 year old (because at least 15 of them have done disney in the last 6 months, with kids the same age).  I was simply looking for advice from people who have literally just done this same trip.  He got all mad about it like I made a freaking decision.  Neither of us have done Disney with little kids, and its a LONG day with A LOT of walking.

One of the moms close to me offered to lend me her double umbrella that she bought for her kids when they went a few months ago.  So no cost to us, and if we don't need it we just leave it in the rental car.  He' just super cranky lately, and I'm sure he's getting frustrated that he's still out of work.  I was just so surprised that something as small as bringing a stroller to Disney created such a problem.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 Ah that's so hard! The stress we put on ourselves when finding work just spills into EVERYTHING else  :(

Total unsolicited opinion: a stroller for 4&5 yrs old at Disney is a great idea. I used to go all the time with my sis and BIL when their girls were that age (we had annual passes). Somebody always needed a break... now if only us adults had strollers

• Options
    @silliegirlie143 I kept trying to explain that to him.  PLUS, our flight out is at 7am, meaning we need to be at the airport at 5am with 2 kids.  Strap them in the stroller and then you don't have to worry about where they've wandered off to.  Same thing for our flights home (leaving at 8:40pm, which is well after bedtime normally, but also following a full week of Disney craziness).  What go through to him?  The stroller has a freaking cup holder for his iced coffee.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will bring my double stroller to Disney until my kids literally don't fit @awillis13!  I get that you can get through places quicker without one and not have to worry about parking, but it is so much walking!  Plus I always strap my backpack to it while walking around and throw crap underneath that I don't want to carry.  We have annual passes and go frequently and have never once regretted having the stroller.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    JAGinMI said:
    @awillis13 I get that, then!

I cloth diapered DD for 18 months and DS for 12 months and I had a love/hate relationship with it. I hated lugging them around because they took up so much space and I also hated trying to figure out why I could never remove the ammonia stink no matter what we did. I tried every trick out there and it was why I only made it 12 months with DS. I also didn't love how big they were when trying to put cute lil pants in their bottoms. However, loved how cute they were when uncovered, loved saving all that $$, and loved doing my part for the planet. This time around I think we might get some new ones and try again since we live in a new house with new water, and I think we might do it part time, like nights and weekends. 
    If you decide the CD again, check out the Facebook groupFluff Love and CD Science. They can help you get the ammonia smell out and were a huge help to me. 
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    rmarble23rmarble23 member
    edited January 2017
    @awillis13 from personal experience when i was younger....i wish i had a stroller to sit in and my sister did enough complaining for the entire parks worth of children that she didn't want to walk anymore and like @FSUNole31 said even if its just something for all the crap you will accumulate i think its a great idea even if its a hassle during rides and such.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers