June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/16

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/16

• So sorry for your loss, @mombod! Hugs.
  • mrtmrt member
    @mombod I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mombod I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa! T&p for you and your family.

on another note: my "boss" for the company I'm helping out with this week (who is also a friend of the family) just handed me a 1/2lb bar of Ryba's peanut butter chocolate fudge! Today is going to be a good day! Lol

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @mombod I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa's passing. May you and your loved ones find comfort and peace.

• @mombod so sorry to hear about your grandfather.  Thinking of you.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• The Mr was disappointed that I didn't want to find out the sex of this LO and I semi caved at the AS on Tuesday. I didn't look but told him to do what he wanted to do.

So he looked and now he knows. I'm not bothered about the fact that he knows... just bothered about the fact that we can't have an honest discussion about names now. 

This is my own doing. I hadn't thought about how I'd feel if he knew and I didn't... I just said it in the heat of the moment because I didn't want him to be disappointed. 

Any other STM+ out there had one of you know the sex and the other not? How did it go? Were there any challenges besides names that I haven't realized yet?

• @mombod so sorry for your loss, losing family is never easy regardless of age and circumstance

@Stankonia2014 just realized my post from yesterday never posted... boo... but just wanted to say that I can understand where you are coming from with your mom and sad you have to deal with that instead of her being a supportive person in your life, sounds like you're having to be the bigger person more than not 
  • HgPaHgPa member
    edited January 2017
    @mombod I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost my grandmother last January and it's been a rough month remembering her. I hope you have lots of love and support around you.

• @silliegirlie143 we are in disagreement this time around.  I'm on the fence about caving and finding out, but I'm so worried I'm going to feel disappointed/cheated next Friday if we find out.  But I have always stood firm on we both find out or we both don't for so many reasons.  I didn't even think about the honest name discussion, I was more concerned about him subconsciously always using the appropriate pronouns and giving it away that way.  

We made a different agreement, because we also disagree about cloth/disposable diapers.  So we either 1) find out and use cloth or 2) don't find out and use disposables.  I have to decide which is more important to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am a teacher and grabbed a carton of milk from the cafeteria this morning to wash down my breakfast. I took a big gulp...and it was freaking spoiled. I'm lucky I was near the bathroom.  :s
  • @swanbrooner Boo! I ate an apple last night, got to the center and discovered what looked an awful lot like white mold  :(
  • Sorry for your loss @mombod
  • @awillis13 generally people who are considering cloth have some pretty personally compelling reasons for doing so...cloth diapering will pay off for whatever those reasons are for a few years, at least. On the other hand, you are finding out what this baby is now, or a few months from now. I have to say I'm pretty shocked that you aren't agreeing to find out now in order to peacefully agree on cloth diapering.

@silliegirlie143 are you planning to have more kids? If so, you could look at your name discussions that way and ask him to, as well. He can entertain both sex names' and then if the next one is the other sex, you will already have a name chosen for it! He has to genuinely be engaged in it for that to really work, though.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @mombod I'm so sorry for your loss! Xoxo

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • So sorry for your loss @mombod
  • So sorry for your loss @mombod
  • @JAGinMI That would have been great for me to do/say while expecting DD... But I didn't think that far ahead.

More than likely this one will be out last (which brings up a whole OTHER set of feelings altogether)

• @mombod Sorry for your loss. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mombod so sorry for your loss

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • danij0danij0 member
    edited January 2017
    Pregnancy win: I don't have to go on a work trip next month to Miami because the CDC is still recommending pregnant women avoid travel to Miami.
    Tbh I was irritated that they chose Miami for this one - one of my bffs lives there and it would have been nice to see her for free. Also I was hoping for it to be in a nearby city to turn it in to a babymoon. Oh well, I'll take it as a win anyway.  

edit: typo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mombod I am sorry for your loss. It's great that baby brought you a bright spot. Welcome to team pink!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • mrtmrt member
    Really annoyed that my doctor sent the referral on Monday and I still don't have an appointment scheduled with maternal fetal medicine for my level 2 ultrasound. I called yesterday and they said it would take longer to get an appointment because I have to see the genetic counselor. Now I'm annoyed and worried, because I didn't have to see a genetic counselor when I went through this with my last pregnancy.
  • @Stankonia2014 I was hoping the sarcasm would translate!
  • @devow27 I used cloth with my first, but DH thinks they are gross.  It took so much convincing to get my ex on board with cloth, and DH is so much more stubborn than he was.

i did not start with cloth until DS was almost 3 months so I may pick your brain about newborn cloth!

@JAGinMI I think I'm worried that we are going to make the investment in cloth and get a few weeks in and DH is going to completely reneg and turn into crazy complainer and I'll want to hurt him.  I think I'm leaning towards finding out, though, because I get nerdy giddy thinking about cute fluffy bums.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mombod so sorry to hear about your grandpa. 

• @awillis13 I get that, then!

I cloth diapered DD for 18 months and DS for 12 months and I had a love/hate relationship with it. I hated lugging them around because they took up so much space and I also hated trying to figure out why I could never remove the ammonia stink no matter what we did. I tried every trick out there and it was why I only made it 12 months with DS. I also didn't love how big they were when trying to put cute lil pants in their bottoms. However, loved how cute they were when uncovered, loved saving all that $$, and loved doing my part for the planet. This time around I think we might get some new ones and try again since we live in a new house with new water, and I think we might do it part time, like nights and weekends. 

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @awillis13 we used cloth with our twins since birth, only exception was they had to use disposables at daycare but we would change them to the disposable at drop off and back to cloth at pickup.  We did prefolds and covers from Green Mountain Diapers.

@JAGinMI did you ever try Funk Rock?  I found that did the trick for us anytime we had any ammonia smell.  Prefolds vs. AIO diapers may be the difference though.
  • We cloth diaper unless there is a bad rash, then it's disposables until it's gone. That was not the plan initially (I was prepared and planning to handle rashes while still using cloth). But DS has a very sensitive butt and if he develops a rash, even frequent changing (with disposable liners and rash creams) doesn't help. 
    When he was tiny and a lighter wetter, we got by with using wool covers during rashes and at night, but that stopped working months ago. 

When we are rash-free (basically when he's not teething), we use GMD prefolds and hemp doublers and Blueberry Capri covers. Nighttime used to be Disana or BabeeGreens wool covers over a prefold, hemp and fleece (fleece is for moisture wicking) doublers, but we now use disposables consistently at night. I just don't like leaving him in cloth for 11+ hours and his skin has gotten much better since we made the switch. 

We also use cloth wipes and Kissaluv's Diaper Lotion Potion diluted with witch hazel.  I love our setup! Hoping this LO's butt will be less sensitive and we can use wool at night again. We love CDing! 
  • I'm surprised that some of you had to use disposables at daycare! The places I've worked at always accommodated for cloth diapers! The parents had to have them assembled and I think they also had to provide their own lined bin for the dirty ones. I think centers have to accommodate cloth diapering around here. Or maybe that's just been the individual center's policy where I've been. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @alm52386 our daycare (NC) doesn't accept cloth diapers either. They say because of sanitation. Some daycares around us do, so I guess it is choice.  

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• @kahlan82 I've heard the sanitation reason before, which I find silly.  If older kids have accidents they often just bag up the clothes and put them in the kid's cubby.  What's the difference?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @awillis13 I though that it was BS too. But a lot of the things they do there make me raise my eyebrow.  I never worry about DS' safety or anything but they do some strange things.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited January 2017
    We use cloth, too. I'm happy to answer questions if anyone has any. I use a combination of green mountain prefolds with thirsties covers and bum genius pockets. I use disposables night because I didn't want to deal with trying to find a system that would last twelve hours. I also do disposables when we travel. I actually find that the only time dd gets rashes are when she has been in disposables for a few days. I'm sure it just depends on their skin.

This is off topic, but this is the randoms thread, so I am saying it anyway because I am excited about it. I think dh and I agreed on baby names last night! We have had Clara Catherine for a girl set for a while, and we just tentatively agreed on Theodore (nn Theo) Birger for a boy. The middle name is weird, but it was the middle name of a family member we want to honor who had an even stranger first name, so we are pretty set on that. Hopefully we won't decide we don't like it after a couple weeks, like we have with every other boy name we have ever thought of!
  • @michaela0704 I don't recall if I tried that. I tried so many things but it's been almost 4 years now so I can't remember. But I will keep that in mind if we do any CDing this time!

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @ellie111227 I think we have finally agreed on a girl's name (Madeline Sophie).  We don't know what we are having and have 1 week to decide if we will find out (read: I have 1 week to decide because DH definitely wants to).  We are struggling with boys names.  Why are boy names so hard?
    BabyFruit Ticker