Infertility

February IVF

Re: February IVF

• I did my first shot! I hyped myself up and jumped/paced around our condo for a good 10 minutes before finally working up the courage to stick it in...lol! DH cheered me on...the plan was for him to do it for the first couple nights so i could get used to it, but he is working a 24 hour shift tomorrow so i decided to try it myself.  :smile:

Does anyone else have a teeny bit of soreness/pain for a few minutes after the Gonal-F injection?
  • @caseyw8784 I didn't have any soreness the first couple of nights but after a couple nights I began feeling it. I have some extra padding though in that area so that may have worked to my benefit.  YAY for starting!! Good luck!! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • @Marley629 - thanks! i have a bit of extra padding too, so my over-active mind was thinking that i didn't do it right! lol. the soreness is probably just a product of my imagination too... :wink:
  • @brela11 thank you!! Good luck to you!!
  • @krenee124 fingers crossed!! Hormones are goofy, it can definitely still be positive! Keep us posted ❤

@brela11 eek update us!! Ours is Thursday. It'll just be to make sure things are in the right place, so we won't see too much.

@casey8784 yay for starting!! My husband was so nervous so I just did them myself, he finally asked if he should help but I ended up preferring just doing it. I had soreness on the first night too, I think I tensed up and it got sore, seemed better the other nights :) I used a heating pad after a few nights but more for bloating.

keep all the updates coming!
  • Anyone in the TWW experiencing any symptoms?

I'm 7dp5dt, I'm trying not to analyze everything but I have had headaches a few times in the past couple days and lower back aches but I have no idea if it is even related, could be lack of coffee and PIO shots! lol

But anyway, wanted to know how all our TWW people are feeling!
  • Oh and really tired, but that could be due to the lack of coffee as well!
  • We are pulling the trigger tonight!! ER set for 8:50 am on Wednesday morning. At this mornings scan we had 4 follies measuring between 20 and 15
    and then two smaller ones as 11 and 12. Just hoping for the best! 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• @Marley629 Good Luck!! Wishing you mature eggs!

Me: 31
    DH: 34
    Ttc since 11/15
    Unexplained infertility 

IUI #1: 11/16. Clomid and ovidrel BFN
    IUI #2: 12/16. Clomid and ovidrel BFN
    IUI #3: 1/17. Letrazole and ovidrel BFN

IVF: 2/25 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 7 embryos frozen, 7 embryos normal PGS/PGD results
    FET #1: 3/22 CP
    Hysteroscopy: 5/8 polyp removal 
    FET#2: 5/31 ??

• krenee124krenee124 member
    edited February 2017
    @Gatorgirl2009 I have had zero symptoms and am 8dp5dt! I would say I've been a little tired but not near as close to tired as my doctor thought I'd be with the progesterone! My beta is Thursday - 11dp5dt. When is yours? Prayers for both of us!
    @Marley629 praying your HCG develops those follicles perfectly!
  • My beta isn't until Monday!! 14dp5dt doesn't it seem a little late?!
  • @marley629 Good luck Wednesday!!
  • @brela11 ahh adorable! What a perfect little baby. Did you cry? I will haha

TWW people, I never had any signs, still don't! I felt "fluttering" but that just seemed weird. Keep the updates coming :)
  • @brela11 congrats! 
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • @brela11 congratulations!! Already so cute :) 
    @Gatorgirl2009 I am going out of town on 13dp5dt so they said I could come in thurs! I'm not sure - felt like mine was too early haha.. I'm sure they know what they're doing. Let's trust them!!! Prayers to you! 
    @Polythene Pam I am glad we are not alone! I hope your fluttering continues :) that's amazing! 
  • @brela11 congrats, it's so exciting to see!!
    @caseyw8784 congrats on getting your first shot done, the first one is always the hardest :)

And thanks ladies for the encouragement on the trigger shot, and @marley629 it wasn't bad at all! You will do great tonight, but good luck nonetheless. 

I'm excited and a bit nervous for the ER tomorrow. Looking forward to finding out how many mature eggs I have though!

Good luck to those of you still in the 2ww, sending you all positive vibes
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kaseycoco - good luck tomorrow! FX for good healthy eggs! looking forward to hearing how it goes! :smile:
  • Thank you @kaseycoco  you were right! It wasn't so bad   :). Good luck with ER tomorrow! Looking forward to a great uodate!
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• Good luck to all of those going into the ER week this week!!! Praying/FX for lots of mature follies with healthy eggs!!! I am about a week into estradiol injections/dexamethasone tabs/baby aspirin and am feeling more amazing than I have in a LONG time (thanks steroids) with an insane amount of energy haha.
    Is there a phrase for the time between the TWW and ER? 
    My best advice for those doing the trigger shot on her own is have the nurse circle the area in permanent marker where you should inject, take all the weight off that leg while looking into a mirror and don't stab, just slowly introduce that needle, it's not so bad at all! :smiley:
    Stage IV endometriosis - 2 laparoscopic procedures 2016
    Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    Failed IVF round in 2016 - 6 mature eggs, 0 normal embryos on PGS testing
    2nd round IVF started Jan 2017 ER - 11 mature eggs, 11 fertilized, ONE normal embryo
  • @kaseycoco I am an experienced injector, and it was MUCH easier the second time having DH do it! Good luck with the trigger!
    2nd round IVF started Jan 2017 ER - 11 mature eggs, 11 fertilized, ONE normal embryo
  • @caseyw8784 I didn't have gonal-F, I had follistim, ganirelix, and menopur and they all stung a bit for the first few minutes after injecting. I just massage the area vigorously afterwards. 
  • @caseyw8784 I'm excited that you are finally starting!

I'm hoping for wonderful results for everyone's ER. Keep us updated everyone.

I'm waiting anxiously to hear how many of the six still growing will make it to freeze either today or tomorrow.

I'm still pretty bloated now 4 days post ER. The bruising is beginning to heal from the abdominal retrieval on the one side. Trying to stay hydrated while at work has been challenging. I'm looking forward to the FET sometime on the back end of March.
  • Oh no! I started bleeding today!!! Beta isn't until Thursday am. What do I do? I put a call into the office and haven't heard back yet!!
  • Update: my original beta was 11dp5dt (thurs). My dr is moving beta up to tomorrow 10dp5dt and then again on Friday (12dp5dt). Nurse said bleeding can be from progesterone building the vaginal wall and it becomes very vascular. Anyone heard this or have had this happen?
  • @krenee124 I did, I honestly thought my period had started, they said between the progesterone gel possibly irritating my cervix and just what IVF does to us (like my cycle was definitely manipulated to be longer than normal) it's not unheard of. A good friend of mine has twins through IVF and actually drove to the hospital after they'd confirmed she was pregnant, she was bleeding and convinced it was over but her boys are now 3. It's scary but I'm glad they moved you up to monitor.  
  • @krenee124 I just had brownish red spotting today too, I'm 8dp 5dt. Called my nurse and haven't heard back yet! I am taking PIO shots, not suppositories so I don't know what's happening!
  • @Polythene Pam & @Gatorgirl2009 wth!! I'm not glad it has happened to you girls by any means but it has to be "normal" if all 3 of us and others have experienced this. I'm praying it's just the changes our bodies are going through. I agree - j have no clue when my period would even show up bc I was on Birth control before the stims so I'm all jacked up. Praying tomorrow has good outcomes as well as Friday. I'll definitely update. @Gatorgirl2009 the progesterone is still doing the same thing it's just administered differently so I am praying for you too that it is just normal. 

• Hi all! All these ER updates/progress is exciting! good luck and FX to everyone who are waiting for fertilization reports and to those who might have betas coming up soon!

AFM, I started gonal-f on sunday night and tomorrow have an appt for bloodwork. When I went in for my baseline appt, I had not yet had the withdrawal bleed from stopping the BCPs. That started today...is this something I should mention tomorrow, ie could this mess up the stims cycle?
  • @caseyw8784 bleeding after you stop BCP is totally normal. 
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • @famiylgrl86 i had 32 eggs retrieved and the bloating was the worst on day 3 and then significantly better on day 4. Lots and lots of protein and tons of fluids
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @DungeonTrollMel good to know, thanks!! I'll def load up on proteins & fluid. How's your cycle going? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @famiylgrl86 so far so good. 13 days til FET
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @famiylgrl86 @DungeonTrollMel Wow!! Amazing numbers, good luck to you both for healthy embryos!! I cannot imagine the bloating and discomfort you are both going through. I found resting was good, but I found lying down with head elevated was best, because the fluid in the cavity seemed to move around and I got referred pain in my shoulder. Mild OHSS case. GL!! <3
  • @krenee124 any update??!

@famiylgrl86 wow!! Awesome!!
  • krenee124krenee124 member
    edited March 2017
    Update: negative beta. I'm out ladies. My bleeding never really slowed down. Seems like a day before full flow. I'm heart broken. I will call tomorrow to get info on an FET. Can anyone instruct me on what the cycle looks like for a FET? All my nurse said is I'll have to take estrogen by mouth so to call with my pharmacy #. 
  • @krenee124 Im so sorry! Sending many hugs your way!  <3
  • @krenee124 I'm so sorry!! ❤️