September 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL check in 1/11

Re: PGAL check in 1/11

• Options
    @heatherwilson321 I have been having cramping like that too. Mine is mostly on the left but also happens on the right side. My OB wasn't very concerned and said not to worry unless it was accompanied by bleeding. She says it's normal and just the uterus stretching and growing. 
  • Options
    rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited January 2017
    @heatherwilson321I've heard it is especially if you've had back pain before when you're not pregnant.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys, this pregnancy has felt more real than the last 2, but I don't think I'll feel out of the woods until my due date.
  • Options
    I have my first prenatal appointment on Wednesday the 18th and I'll be 7w2.  I had a loss at 8-9 weeks last fall, so I'm also feeling the nerves and anxiety.  I'm reading about how many of you have been getting bloodwork done and finding out your levels of different hormones -- none of that was offered to me!  :(  Maybe it's because I've just had one loss, but I still feel a bit in the dark.  Is there anything I should *definitely* request at my appointment on Wednesday?  It'll be my first time back since right after the m/c, so it'll be pretty emotional and nerve-wracking; I don't want to forget anything important.  Thank you!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @margareth Hcg and progesterone is pretty standard, I'd ask for that. Wishing you the best!
  • Options
    margareth-2margareth-2 member
    edited January 2017
    (Oops, forgot!)

How far along are you? 6w5d

How are you doing? I'm struggling. :(  It's hard to do anything, really, and I feel crappy most of the time.  The fatigue and mild nausea (no vomiting yet) are zapping my energy. I also have a pretty constant headache, but it's dull, not pounding.

When is your next appointment? Wednesday the 18th.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I asked a question in my post above.  Thanks for your thoughts!

GTKY:  Tell us about your SO He's a great guy -- will be a wonderful father.  He's a professor and clinical chemist at a medical college and is super smart but also very humble.

• Options
    @margareth  I would definitely ask for progesterone to be checked... from what I can tell some Drs check automatically and some don't.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Sorry some of this is bold I am mobile and don't know how to change it. 

How far along are you? 3w5d

How are you doing? It still doesn't feel real. I fluctuate between being excited and terrified. I have been really tired, sore boobs, and a little cramping (which makes me nervous). When I told dh I kept saying it is early and we don't know what will happen. I have had two losses and the longest I made it was 8 weeks. 

When is your next appointment? Calling the dr office Monday if they are open. I took a test yesterday it was faint so I decided it might be a bad test. Took another brand this after noon dark line very quickly. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? None right now. 

GTKY:  Tell us about your SO He's 32 and works for a internet company. Right now he does construction, but is working on getting his associates in programming and networking. He likes to think he is prepper ;) he has a great sense of humor. 

• Options
    @Sugargirl1019 I have a Lovenox question for you. I'm on Lovenox and progesterone. The very first time I gave myself the shot I did it on the front of my upper thigh, that was one week ago. After I read your response though I got over my fear and started it in my stomach instead. I still have a bruise on my front thigh from a week ago. My big concern though is last night I couldn't sleep on my side on that leg. When I woke up, it feels like I have a swollen painful lump on my outer thigh, adjacent to where I gave myself the shot on my front thigh. It's not discolored or anything, but it's freaking me out and my doctor is closed today. Did you experience anything like that while on Lovenox?

• Options
    @heatherwilson321 I don't have any experience with that, but it sounds like a resolving hematoma or something (I got kicked in the calf and had a massive lump that was tender for like 3 weeks despite there being no bruise anymore!). If it gets larger, call your doctor, or if it continues to concern you, of course. But that is what it sounds like to me.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Thanks @Sugargirl1019, the first place my brain went was blood clot because of the progestrone I'm on, but it doesn't look like one. It's just super tender and painful to anything touching it.
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321 I'm not sure if that's normal or not.  I think our bodies can produce a lot of symptoms.  It doesn't hurt to call your doctor in the morning to make sure!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321 I never had anything like that with my Lovenox shots.  I do have bruises, but they go away within a week or so.  How are you doing with the shots?  Are they getting easier in the stomach?  My shots are 150mg and I am having way more stinging than last time when my shots were 40mg!  I'm trying to suck it up!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @sableeg I switched to the stomach and they're much easier, still painful, but not as painful as that first shit in the thigh. There's way less bruising on my stomach too, my thigh still has a giant bruise from a week ago. My stomach is usually just a tiny mark that fades after a day or two. How will it work when I'm pregnant though when I can no longer pinch an inch of skin?
  • Options
    @sableeg I switched to the stomach and they're much easier, still painful, but not as painful as that first shit in the thigh. There's way less bruising on my stomach too, my thigh still has a giant bruise from a week ago. My stomach is usually just a tiny mark that fades after a day or two. How will it work when I'm pregnant though when I can no longer pinch an inch of skin?
    Let me see if I can page @Neikoda to answer this question for us? If I remember correctly, she's doing Lovenox the duration of her pregnancy. Hi love!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321 I think you can do it in the "love handle" area as well.  I didn't have a problem last time finding an area to pinch :)
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Can I vent for a second? I've been trying really hard to enjoy being pregnant and not worry constantly about miscarrying  again. I keep telling myself that whether I look at and think about baby stuff or not, a loss would not be any more or any less devestating. 

My mom, on the other hand likes to keep reminding me that she isn't letting herself get too excited. I was showing DH a cute wall vinyl thing I saw for a nursery (just randomly saw it on Pinterest, I wasn't actually looking) and my mom said "I don't want to see it" and walked off. 

I get that last time hurt her, too, and she has told me she can't even explain how hard it was seeing me in so much pain and not being able to help, but when she says stuff like that I just think "She's right, it probably won't last.. why do I even bother?"  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hollygolightly09 I am sorry. Sorry your mom is not being supportive. It makes me frustrated for you. You should be able to be happy and excited. She should just keep her comments to herself. 
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09: so hard. As close as I am to my mom, I actually haven't told her yet and am waiting until after the first appt. I think parents really feel the pain of their children, perhaps even more palpably than we feel our own pain sometimes. I'm sure she only wants you to be happy, and she's nervous about things too, but her reactions are not helping.

I heard that you only feel calmer after a pregnancy loss once you pass the point at which you lost the pregnancy. For me that will be 9 weeks. What about you? Know that this stage, like all things, will pass. But it might help to tell your mom how her actions are affecting you. If you choose not to, though, this period will eventually be over! Stay strong. 
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I'm so sorry.  I can only imagine the impact on you!  I'm sure your mom is just trying to protect you and herself as much as possible, but it's definitely not coming across the best way.  It's ok to get excited about this little one!  :kissing_heart:
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @Hopefulmommy1980 Thanks. I think she should keep it to herself, too. I want to tell her "just don't say it to me!" 

@margareth I know that's what it is... she's so worried for me. I miscarried right at 8 weeks last time, but at my 6 week ultrasound the heartbeat was lower than most other peoples on my BMB. I should have been 6+1 and only measured 5+4 ... they weren't worried, but I know my dates were right. Looking back on it now, I feel like something wasn't right then. Really hoping after my US Tuesday I'll feel a little more at ease.

This whole thing is just so hard! So glad I have you ladies to go through it with. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321 Hey. @Sugargirl1019 tagged and I know lovenox was super concerning when I started so I wanted to reach out. I'm currently 28w pregnant after two previous losses due to APS or Hughes Syndrome. I started lovenox at 5 weeks and will continue until 36 weeks. Then I switch to heparin twice daily. 

Tips for injecting: Ice the area before hand. It helps tremendously. When I started, I used to ice before and after. Not only does it dull the needle pain on entry, but also prevents bruising. I did have one bad bruising episode but that was due to hitting a blood vessel. Now I do my injections with minimal, if any icing, and don't have a mark beyond the pinprick from the injection. Also, inject the medication slowly. It takes a bit to find a good pace since too fast burns and going too slowly drags them out. If you're doing them yourself, you'll find the best pace shortly.

The inability to pinch skin later on in pregnancy is a real concern. Do not switch to your love handles or your thighs. The pain level is much higher and bruising is usually worse. Stay just to the right or left of the belly button, a little above but never below. You are still able to pinch the skin partly but the injection is mostly entered straight into the skin. The needles themselves are not long enough to cause any damage. Not to be weird, but if you need a picture or video of what it looks like when I do my injection, let me know. I do them at night so I'd be happy to show you if it'd be beneficial. 

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Options
    Possible TW and venting to get off my shoulders. 

I'm hoping everyone on this thread as sticky babies. I am worried about Wednesdays US & blood work. Everything about this pregnancy feels right but I too am terrified to say anything to anyone. Last time, I knew something was wrong. And if I can make it past 6w3d this time, I think I might breathe easier. I cherish every symptom (except the excessive discharge because it feels like I'm starting my period) and will look forward to the excessive Dr visits and needle pokes because it means I'll know the baby is ok. I'm glad that discussion of loss is becoming more public because I think so many of us feel so alone and ashamed. I'm a woman. We're designed to have babies. Why can't I do that one biological thing right? 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @Neikoda Thanks, that's good advice!
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I am sooooo sorry about your mom's behavior. You'd think it was her loss and not yours. She's being very selfish.
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I'm so sorry about the way your mom is acting. That is so wrong. Acting like it was her loss and not yours. She should be trying to keep you calm and not stressed, not acting like she is.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @rainafire77 I knew something was wrong last time, too. I kept chalking it up to my general anxiety, but I was so shocked when I saw a heartbeat. I tried hard to be excited and make plans, but I had a hard time imagining myself actually having a baby. Even with a previous loss, I feel better about this time than last. FX for positive results Wednesday! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I'm sorry your mom is acting this way. You should be allowed to be excited about being pregnant regardless of any previous loss(es). Hopefully she will start keeping her depressing outlook to herself.
  • Options
    @rainafire77 and @HollyGolightly09: sounds like we all have our ultrasounds Tuesday and Wednesday (mine is Wednesday) -- so soon! I bet others do as well... I'll be 7w2d for it -- how about you guys? I am with you re: fear, anxiety, and frustration. I don't want the baby to measure way under again (happened last time before miscarriage) and I'm pretty certain about dates too. I have never heard a heartbeat, and it's kind of unbelievable that the baby's heart is beating and I cannot tell a thing (i hope it is beating!). It's pretty frustrating to have these problems and concerns when other moms can go into their appointments blissfully unaware! I feel like I'm going to be holding back tears out of fear and trepidation and vulnerability (among other emotions!) when they do the U/S. I'll have trouble even looking at the doctor to scan her emotions, or looking at the screen... ahh. Any advice for us upon these daunting visits? 
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @margareth I'll be 6+5. My advice is to not look at their face at all, lol.  I had three US last time... the first we saw a heart beat, the second was because I was bleeding/cramping and there was no heartbeat, and the third was to confirm I had passed everything naturally. The tech had the same expression on her face all theee times. Also, keep in mind it will take a minute to find what they are looking for, get the machine adjusted, etc. It's going to feel like it's taking FOREVER and you'll start getting anxious. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I think you have every right to (gently, kindly) tell your mom that when she says things like that it doesn't help you. Even though she felt pain after the loss and hated seeing you in pain, this is your pregnancy, your experience, and if you need her to keep her negative feelings to herself, she should do so.  

• Options
    How far along are you?  7+1 today

How are you doing?  Feeling great just tired all the time and daily heartburn.

When is your next appointment?  Monday the 23rd and I am counting down the minutes! I had a dream we saw the HB on ultrasound so I have a good feeling so far.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Assisting with the planning of my step-daughter's baby shower in March is helping keep my mind off how slow it's taking for my appt to get here, lol.

GTKY:  Tell us about your SO
    I love him to pieces. We've been together for 2½ years and are engaged to marry on 8/18/18. With his 3 kids and my 2, we're a big family. Praying I make it to term with this baby so we can finally have our 1st together. Made it to 19 weeks last year and only 7 weeks the year before.
    Mommy to Gabriel (12) and Isaiah (10) and Step-Mommy to Danely (17), Diego (9) and Leo (4). Trained doula going for certification!
    5 losses (2002-6 wks, 2004-9 wks, 2005-11 wks, 2015-7 wks & 5/27/2016-19 wks) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @margareth I know that's what it is... she's so worried for me. I miscarried right at 8 weeks last time, but at my 6 week ultrasound the heartbeat was lower than most other peoples on my BMB. I should have been 6+1 and only measured 5+4 ... they weren't worried, but I know my dates were right. Looking back on it now, I feel like something wasn't right then. Really hoping after my US Tuesday I'll feel a little more at ease.
    I could've written this to a T. I went into my first ultrasound around 7 weeks and measure almost a week behind and with a lower heart rate that everyone else's. They said it was on the lower side of the range but didn't seem worried. I then had to go back in for second "dating" ultrasound at 8wks and and there was no heartbeat. My symptoms had waned a bit and it was in the back of my head going in to the appointment so for some reason I wasn't shocked. I knew when I saw the monitor...
    I'm so sorry your mom reacted as she did...I have the opposite thing going on here. I mention stresses or "IF" we carry to term etc. and my mother-in-law keeps saying "you've got to stop talking that way" or "stop throwing that out there." I'm also looking at baby items as well and feeling more hopeful this go around but it's still such a mixed bag of emotions. I haven't even told my dad yet as he responded to my pregnancy with DD by saying "you're BARELY even pregnant!" Um, thanks for the congrats dad! lol  Sometimes parents mean well and put their foot in their mouth!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321 I've been having back pain too and I've been freaking out about it. It's not that bad, but last night I had an episode of bright red bleeding. It quickly subsided and is now just dark brown spotting. We called my doctor last night and he wasn't concerned. I, however, have been an eeyore all day! Its probably from the progesterone gel I was using before switching back to the injections, but I'm still so scared. I'm going in tomorrow for peace of mind and trying to stay positive. I'll be 6+2 so I'm really hoping we'll see something on the scan. I'll say a prayer for you!! ❤
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    @LaceyC1020  FX everything is fine! I've heard other women say the progesterone caused some light bleeding, so that's probably the culprit. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyC1020 Good luck tomorrow. I'm still freaking out because in addition to the back pain still going on, I started cramping this morning. I just want to go to my doctor ASAP to get all checked out, and also survive this week. Week 5 was when I miscarried twice before, and I'm 5 weeks today, so everything has me super paranoid. 

@HollyGolightly09 I'm so sorry about your mom. She actually sounds a lot like my mom, and so I actually never told her about my previous two miscarriages, and I haven't told her I'm pregnant yet. It's sad when people we should be able to talk to can be so negative. 
  • Options
    Thanks @HollyGolightly09. It's so scary to see...I've never experienced a miscarriage (we discovered the problem with my previous 2 before my body did and I had D&C's) I'm thinking if it were a miscarriage though, the bleeding would have gotten heavier, not gone away. Praying for a good report tomorrow!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    @laceyc1020 and @heatherwilson320 fingers crossed things are ok
  • Options
    I had brown-tinged CM earlier this afternoon, intermittent cramping between 2-4, and a dark red blob with more brown CM. My anxiety was through the roof and I felt it was making the cramps worse, so I took a 1/2mg of Ativan (clinical use shown not to cause congenital malformations). It's been 48hrs since intercourse, so I really don't think that's what triggered it. The cramps completely stopped, thank goodness. I can't freaking deal with unknowns right now. Thursday's 6+5 ultrasound can't come fast enough.