September 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL check in 1/11

Re: PGAL check in 1/11

• Options
    So I had my Initial appt with the nurse at my OBGYN and it was just to go over the paperwork and what to expect. So I didn't get to see a dr or an ultrasound  :/. But I did find out my progesterone level was 9.9 which I know is pretty low. With my 2nd PG it was 12 something. Getting more bloodwork today which the nurse said they prob won't get the results until Monday. Ugh!!

also she went over everything to expect from MFM, which was nice. Said since im getting the cell free DNA, I'll get the blood work and scan at MFM. They might want to do the anatomy scan and then they sometimes do two more scans at 28 weeks and 36 weeks. She wasn't positive how they would treat my pregnancy since so far this PG is good, I'm technically low risk but with my history (chromosomal abnormalities and loss) they may want to treat me as high risk. So I'm anxious to meet with them.  
  • Options
    @ashley2824 what a nice appointment to have to go over everything and what to expect!  I wish all doctors would do that.  I feel like a lot of times people get their information from the internet and are kind of going through the process a little blind.  It's always nice to have more information!  Sounds like you're in good hands!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sableeg it was so nice! Although disappointed I didn't get to see the dr (I'm only 6w), I was happy to have the time to sit down and hear everything and ask any questions about the process. My old OB didn't do this either, which would've been nice as a FTM. And I found out they're a lot more proactive than my old OB. I had slightly high BP in my first PG so for this PG they'll monitor me more closely starting with the 24 hr urine at my 8w bloodwork. I thought it might be hard going back after the loss, but I'm so glad I stayed! 
  • Options
    @ashley2824  Proactive is good!  Ugh the dreaded 24hour urine.  I'm SO not looking forward to that!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    Wow!  Your HCG is HIGH!  That's awesome!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @sableeg  I know, I was really happy with them! Still not loving that progesterone but glad it went up, and my Dr was pleased so I'm trying to trust her. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    labby18labby18 member
    edited January 2017
    how did you guys get your docs to do your HCG quant so many times already? i am 4wks 4days. My doctor prescribed me progesterone suppositories without any bloodwork just as a precaution due to my previous 3 MC. I have an appointment on Jan 23 for my OB Intake appointment at 6wks - basically to do all my initial blood work and meet with the nurse, and then my first u/s is on Feb 8th when i am 8wks 3days. I havent made it to 8wks in any of my previous pregnancies. I'm so confused. I feel like my doc should be doing more...
  • Options
    @lahearn18 In my experience, some doctors seem way more proactive than other doctors. I found a new doctor after my second miscarriage, and they seem a lot more willing to do things about it than my other doctor. Have you asked them to test your hcg yet?
  • Options
    @lahearn18 It must depend on the doctor. My doctor put a note in my chart after my d&c that when I got pregnant again, she wanted me in ASAP for the US & blood work. However, I've seen some posts from people where they've had multiple miscarriages and their regular OB won't treat them any differently. (Personally I think if your doctor is giving you the run around, ignoring you or being unhelpful you should find a new doctor but I know I'm some areas that's easier said than done.)

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @lahearn18  I was annoying and called and requested it, lol. I just explained my concerns/reasoning to the nurse, and they got me in the next day for blood work. They checked again 5 days later to make sure everything was going up the right way, and said they felt good about not seeing me until my normal appointment.

I would just call and ask. I am normally not that kind of person AT ALL but it's just too important, and not good for you to be constantly stressed and anxious. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lahearn18 It must depend on the doctor. My doctor put a note in my chart after my d&c that when I got pregnant again, she wanted me in ASAP for the US & blood work. However, I've seen some posts from people where they've had multiple miscarriages and their regular OB won't treat them any differently. (Personally I think if your doctor is giving you the run around, ignoring you or being unhelpful you should find a new doctor but I know I'm some areas that's easier said than done.)
    AGREED!
    My experience was the same...my doc told me to let her know the moment I was pregnant again post my D&C. So I texted the physician's assistant (who I am on a texting basis with now due to a stupid episode last summer where I um, left a tampon in hahahaha...yeah, so embarrassing..they couldn't figure out what was wrong and she kept texting to check on me lol)...she said to call the office ASAP and tell them I needed a blood draw. So that's what I did...and they actually tried to tell me I couldn't come in for a few weeks because an ultrasound wouldn't tell me anything at this point. DUH. I had to argue with the receptionist until she got that I only needed blood drawn. I say...be proactive. If you want to know your levels call them up and get them checked. If they're ho-hum about it...move on to another doctor. Better to do it now that when you're further along.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    @rainafire77 & @heatherwilson321

This is a new doctor. Who I met after my 3rd miscarriage this past October. He told me that moving forward I would be seen as more "risky" and really made me feel good about his care plan moving forward. But I feel like they are taking more of a we'll see where you're at at 6wks. My previous pregnancies i did bloodwork right away at 4wks, but didnt redo it at 6wks, and at the end of 7wks i would begin to bleed. So now we aren't doing it right away, waiting til 6wks? Ughh, I just feel overwhelmed/lost. Thank you ladies tho!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    5 + 5

How are you doing? 
    Pretty good so far.  My books feel huge and my hips already hurt.  
    When is your next appointment? 
    I go in for u/s next Thursday.  I hate this wait.  I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2013 and a successful pregnancy in 2015 with out son.  They did a blow draw at 4 + 3 and number was good along with progesterone but the waiting for the ultrasound to confirm everything is where it's supposed to be is awful!  
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I always told my DH when we have number 2 I want a minivan thinking I would have to fight him on it.  As soon as we got the positive test he was researching and measuring out garage.  

GTKY:  Tell us about your SO.  
    My husband is the best dad. He went to every appointment with me last pregancy and is already planning that this one as well.  The other day I was feeling off so he left work early to come home and hang with our 14 month old so I could just lay on the couch.  Yesterday he left work early to come home and clean the whole house while we were at a playdate.  I guess I will keep him hahaha

• Options
    How far along are you? 5w5d 

How are you doing? I feel all over the place. Relieved because I had good betas as of Monday, anxious because I'm 3w4d past O and caved and did a digital weeks estimator and only got a 2-3, and kinda ambivalent... with 3 consecutive losses over the past 2 years, I don't want to get too attached.

When is your next appointment? First ultrasound at 6w5d on the 19th.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Officially outlasted my 2 chemicals today! Unfortunately, part of me is hoping that if I'm going to have another loss, that it happens sooner rather than later. Chemicals are so much less complicated for me than hemorrhages, ambulances, and emergency D&Cs.

GTKY:  Tell us about your SO My DH could be a stand up comic, that's why I married him. He's also active-duty, and we met while we were both in. He was my combat instructor-trainer ;)
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides I believe the weeks estimators are 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 so there's overlap. You would easily be in 2-3 or 3-4 at 3+4 from O! I'm 2+4 from O and get 1-2. :)
    Don't panic and stop peeing on things or it'll drive you mad!

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides side note...people implant at different days past ovulation. I'm pretty sure I implanted on 9dpo. You can implant anywhere from 6-12 and still be the same days past ovulation if that makes sense. Like say someone else who is 3+4 past O like you implanted on Day 6 & you on 11...five day difference with hcg and therefore the test would reflect that! You're good!

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @Texafornian I just the thing is, I'm a bit of a control freak with all things reproduction, I know my beta was 1,571 Monday at 21DPO, doubling time holding at 46.5 from last week, and I pulled the FDA report on the test, and at a beta of 4,176 ZERO of the test subjects got a 2-3, they all had 3+. At a beta of 3,618, only 5 of 90 subjects got a 2-3... so I'm hoping I'm one of those.
    https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/K112870.pdf

Plus there was another study showing an 11DPO implantation had an 80% chance of miscarriage.

I only took the digital because initially, my every-other-day wondfo looked light. In the end, it dried darker than the others so I can feel good about that.
  • Options
    @a&amp;a9222002 (I don't think I can tag you because of the &)  I am also a previous ectopic mama and I'm super anxious! I switched to a new dr so my first appt is next week at 5+3. I'm hoping they will schedule an U/S soon after also because right now I'm not scheduled until 9 weeks and I ruptured before that last time. 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lahearn18 I wonder if the staff reads the charts. They have SOP they follow and don't always talk to the doctor.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 12dpo. I've had faint lines for a few days now that are getting darker, so I'm calling it. Although according to my lmp I'm 6 weeks today. But I was tracking ovulation and know I didn't ovulate until Jan 1. So that date is way off. 

How are you doing? Slightly nervous. Slightly optimistic

When is your next appointment? I haven't even told my husband yet, yet alone call my doctor. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I had a couple miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy in between my two daughters. So I know my body is capable of carrying a baby to term but I don't think you ever get over the fear once you've had a miscarriage. I'm too afraid to tell my husband in case it doesn't stick. 

GTKY:  Tell us about your SO: He is a terrific husband and father. His two girls adore him. I'm very lucky. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @LuckyPenny1231 prayers for a sticky baby!

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @LuckyPenny1231 You're right.  When you've had a loss, it takes away the blissful ignorance of pregnancy.  My baby was stillborn in the third trimester and I'm really struggling with believing in this pregnancy and trusting I'll have a healthy baby at the end.
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @LuckyPenny1231 I feel the same. After our last one ended in MMC I find myself saying "if things go well..." I wish I could just believe that this one is coming and last time was a fluke
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @LuckyPenny1231 & @MyNamesTaken I also say "If" instead of "when". After last time, it's almost like I have to build a wall to protect myself so I don't collapse if the unthinkable happens again. But I have to believe there's hope. My SO is such an awesome man he deserves to be a father and the universe will allow that to happen because it's meant to be.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @LuckyPenny1231 Praying for a sticky baby!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @sableeg I can't imagine having a third tri loss. :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MyNamesTaken I do the "if" thing as well. I know how common miscarriages are (even multiple miscarriages) so it's comforting to know it isn't just me and a lot of women go through it. But on the other hand, knowing how common it is makes it hard to get too excited. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @sableeg

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    Oh, @sableeg, I'm so sorry. :cry: 

I do the if thing as well. At least once a day I rush to the bathroom worried that my discharge is blood. My cramps usually ramp up for an hour or so in the afternoon, and every day my heart drops wondering if this is it. I repeat to myself daily all the ways this pregnancy is different, more normal, than my last two. I'm feeling over-all hopeful, but I know I'll never fully get past PGAL brain.

• Options
    Thanks everyone.  I know that y'all "get it."  This PGAL thing is NOT easy!  I'm glad we have this forum to lean on each other a bit.
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    Is anyone else having nightmares about miscarriage? I have several different nightmares this week where I start to bleed again, and it freaks me out, I wake up in the middle of the night and can't calm down enough to get back to sleep.
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321 I've had one earlier this week.  :( 
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @heatherwilson321  I haven't in the past week or so, but I did a few times right after finding out I was pregnant.... it's awful! My DH would wake me up because I was crying in my sleep. After my miscarriage I had a recurring dream about empty baby car seats.... I would be walking down the street, or through the mall, or at school and everyone would be carrying an empty car seat. The dreams are so awful! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That's terrifying!  @heatherwilson321 @HollyGolightly09 I'm sorry y'all are having such terrible dreams!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    My recurring nightmare is going to drop my DD off at PM Kindergarten, all the kids are lined up, and I start hemhorraging like I did with my first loss; like standing there and peeing blood is how fast it was draining out of me. Then me in the dream, being kinda jaded, I'm far more concerned with not scaring the crap out of the kids... "No really, the movies don't even have it right! You can lose SO MUCH blood and not even faint or die! It's totally going to be fiiiiiiiiiiine..."
  • Options
    I have sciatica so I keep getting little pinching cramps in my side that radiate down my leg and I keep worrying about an ectopic. But then I get the same pinching pain on the other side & in the center of my abdomen so I tell myself I'm being ridiculous. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    I've been having really bad lower back pain on my left side for the past hour. Is this normal at 4w6d? It's reminding me of my last miscarriage, but I'm trying not to worry too much. Is this maybe just some normal pregnancy pains?