September 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 1/9

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 1/9

• Hello, metal mouth. You were one of the last symptoms I wanted to see. Please go away now. 

• For my nauseated friends...
    picked these up at a local pharmacy today and it has been the best 20 minutes of my day so far.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For my nauseated friends...
    picked these up at a local pharmacy today and it has been the best 20 minutes of my day so far.
    Those are the best invest I ever made 
  • @HollyGolightly09 thanks for the suggestion! I found them online and look forward to trying them. 
  • I know this was been discussed at length but OMG the *TMI* discharge is getting more & more! Totally normal looking but I swear it feels like my period!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @HollyGolightly09 omg! I forgot these even existed!!! I need them! Lol
  • @rainafire77 So glad it isn't just me... I've started wearing panty liners, ugh! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Round ligament pain! Freakin weird! I had it last night when I stretched in bed and again just now when I jumped off the couch to stop DS from eating the dirt his dad tracked in.. I totally forgot how weird it feels. Ouuuch  :s
  • Round ligament pain! Freakin weird! I had it last night when I stretched in bed and again just now when I jumped off the couch to stop DS from eating the dirt his dad tracked in.. I totally forgot how weird it feels. Ouuuch  :s
    How does round ligament pain differ from normal cramps? I'm cramping daily, and they feel different, but generally less intense, that my normal period cramps (which are pretty bad). 

• @amandarene112 it's not like a cramp. You'll know it when you feel it. It's a really sharp jab like pain. I only feel it when I stretch or turn my torso, it's near the hips. 
  • @amandarene112 it's not like a cramp. You'll know it when you feel it. It's a really sharp jab like pain. I only feel it when I stretch or turn my torso, it's near the hips. 
    That's it exactly! I don't remember having it this early with my DD but my last pregnancy & this one it started almost immediately.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @rainafire77 I didn't have it this early with my first either!! I was super surprised when I felt it. My OB last time did mention that my uterus is tilted forward so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it? I'm already bloated WAY worse this time too...
  • I also noticed how dry my skin is this week. And not the normal winter dry skin, it feels likes it's on fire. I scratched so hard I have bruises on the insides of my thighs haha. So I loaded my body in lotion, hoping it'll work!
  • To me round ligament pain feels like a sudden pulled muscle. It kind of stops you in your tracks. I have had it already but my first Pregnancies I didn't get it until 3rd tri.

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @daniellelynette OMG the bloat is REAL!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Pick a symptom in 1st trimester pregnancy, any symptom - I most likely have that lol

I can't believe some are real like elevated temp (99) & metallic taste in your mouth..
    I'm still overjoyed though about the upcoming birth though! So excited :)  It will all be worth it 

• I'm exhausted, but then can't fall asleep!  It's the weirdest combo.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Been feeling nauseous while rocking DS in the rocking chair. He woke up from his nap way too early so I scooped him up for snuggles in the rocking chair. Been here an hour and just threw up in my mouth a little  :s:s DH is on nights but I'm hoping he will wake up soon so I can either throw up and get it over with or try to snack away the nausea. Ugh.
  • @daniellelynette Hope it gets better! My DH works nights and I HATE it. I will say, though, I had the whole "puke and get it over with" idea the other day, but I was every bit as nauseated after I threw up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 that's what I'm afraid of...
  • No nausea so far but I did have severe hyperemesis gravidarum till my 5th month with my DS which started around 9 weeks so hoping it doesn't happen again. 
    Metallic taste is slowly coming in...
  • 5w tomorrow...
    had headaches a week ago,super bloated/gurgly when I eat, tired, waking up at 5am for no reason, can't make it through the night without a pee trip and today I noticed my heart skipping beats. The skipping I had during my last pregnancy...no nausea either and hoping to stave it this go around too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • 5w tomorrow...
    had headaches a week ago,super bloated/gurgly when I eat, tired, waking up at 5am for no reason, can't make it through the night without a pee trip and today I noticed my heart skipping beats. The skipping I had during my last pregnancy...no nausea either and hoping to stave it this go around too!
    100% yes to the gurgly.  DS always comments on it and I'm running out excuses.  It also just feels like I'm in my period without the blood. My inner thighs and stomach are cramp central. Dry skin like I could not believe and it doesn't help I'm half African and living in Canada. I have like 4 bottles of lotion in rotation.  *sigggggh* 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I'm 5 + 6 and I'm still a little crampy, mostly in the morning when I first get up and am fine after I'm moving around a bit.  I hope that's ok.  Everytime I feel a cramp I think my period is about to come!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • One thing I'm noticing that I didn't notice my last pregnancy is I have absolutely no desire for wine or beer.  This is unusual for me (!).  I also don't feel like coffee, though I've enjoyed a chai latte now and again, which feels good on a semi upset stomach!  I'm trying not to overindulge on anything, though, since it's probably best not to...
  • @Texafornian  My heart has been skipping a beat, too! I even got my mom to ask her nurse practitioner friend about it because it was freaking me out. 

@sableeg I'm still having some cramping, too... mine is mostly during the night. Maybe it has something to do with us laying down? I keep logging it in my Ovia app just to read the box that says "Cramping is more than common in early pregnancy." 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would I highly recommend massage. I'm a massage therapist myself and I can say that my clients have had great success. I would also highly suggest chiropractic, it does wonders. :)
  • @HollyGolightly09 I'm sorry to hear you're cramping too, but glad to hear I'm not alone!  I was thinking the same thing, that maybe being stationary was doing it.
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @HollyGolightly09 @sableeg
    I have had menstrual like cramping for a week now on and off throughout the day.  I actually went to the Dr on Tuesday because of it and all was well.  Despite this I'm still super paranoid. 

When I got my blood drawn I had a progesterone level of 15 so on the low side of normal and I can't help but to think this may be the cause of it.  I may call again tomorrow... lol I wish I could just listen to everyone telling me it's normal.
  • I would I highly recommend massage. I'm a massage therapist myself and I can say that my clients have had great success. I would also highly suggest chiropractic, it does wonders. :)
    All the massage places I've looked at say they won't do massages to 1st Trimester women. Why is that? Prenatal massages are offered starting 2nd trimester.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 They don't want to be held liable in case of a miscarriage.  I don't think massage can cause it, but just to be safe.  My OB has told me massages at any point are safe.
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Anyone else having hot flashes? My whole face just gets bright red and I feel so hot. Lasts maybe 10 minutes or so at a time but they happen throughout the day. Got so warm I actually took my temp and it was normal. Is this the "mask of pregnancy" they talk about?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• mamagabby-2mamagabby-2 member
    edited January 2017
    So many mood swings and bloating bloating bloating!
  • Nausea! 8 never dealt with it with my daughter but it's been all day today
  • @rainafire77 yes, I get super hot and super cold throughout the day. :s  I think the pregnancy mask is a skin discoloration that occurs on your face.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @jmn1985 That's right. My whole face just turns beet red like I've been working out super hard.

On another note, while my head is burning up (like on Charmed when Phoebe was pregnant with the Source) the rest of my body is ice cold.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• 7w today.  May have inquired about this before (blame it on pregnancy brain!), but has anyone been experiencing off and on mild-moderate nausea/queasiness but no vomiting?  It's probably because my only pregnancy was a loss, but I can't help but be concerned, since I thought vomiting was pretty standard in morning sickness, and I would have experienced it by 7 weeks....?
  • @margareth When I was pregnant with my DD, I thought I'd skipped the morning sickness and felt lucky because my sister had been sick as a dog with her son. Then the second trimester came around and I got morning sickness that couldn't tell time. I was sick daily for the rest of my pregnancy. In fact, there was a popular song on the radio at the time that if I hear it now it makes me nauseous. Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• edited January 2017
    @margareth I am miserably nauseated... like, sometimes I am walking around my house and have to sit down in the floor for a minute. It's bad, and it's pretty much all day every day. I still have only vomited once, and I kind of encouraged myself thinking I might feel better. (I was wrong.)
    Pregnancy Ticker