December 2016 Moms
Options

January Randoms

Didn't see a random thread for Jan, figured we could use one!

Re: January Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    karmba said:
    I have a weird urge to make bread.  I've made bread like once or twice before - but for some reason I really want to get into it during the rest of my maternity leave.
    I had the same thought when I woke up this morning. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @ajstevenson I'm already planning on making French bread this weekend haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @DiFazette I've been worried about the gender roles thing too, although my parents did a pretty good job with me in that dept so we have something to model against. DH and I do most things 50/50 so seeing mommy working with tools alongside daddy (vice versa w/cooking) and things like that will help. We also have a lot of handmedowns from my nephews, but will absolutely have some "girly" clothes in there as well, and we will let her choose what to wear. My mom tried to force me to only wear overalls when I was a kid and all I wanted to wear were patent leather shoes and dresses, and then my stepmom tried to get me to wear dresses when I was 9ish and all I wanted to wear were overalls and baggy "boy" clothes. So I'm just going to let her be herself.

I WILL teach her about MATCHING though. My mom never taught that to me and I never matched at all until 6th grade when another girl took pity on me. I'm also going to teach her to walk in a straight line, which my grandmother taught to me as ladylike. I secretly judge people that don't walk with their toes forward even today (I know that is really silly/mean, but I'm not perfect!)
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @DiFazette I am all about helping my kids break the gender norms. Boys and girls can both do anything. DD1 was obsessed with lightning McQueen when she was little, so she carried little cars with her everywhere! It drives me nuts when boys or girls genderize things. It drives me nuts how toys all come in 'girl' colors as well as normal colors. There were no 'girl' tinker toys when we were kids, there were just tinker toys- for everyone. Or logos, for everyone. Anyways, end rant. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Oh no @yellingbanana!  The WORST feeling :(:(:(
  • Options
    That's terrible @yellingbanana! I'm sorry. 
  • Options
    @yellingbanana love tit in solidarity! I had something similar when i got my car a few years ago. First day driving it into work, a rock shot up and cracked the windshield :persevere:

• Options
    Thanks guys  <3
    @ea301 it must be some kind of new car karma, I'm going to have to be careful! 
    I had my kids with me and had a fleeting moment of almost losing my cool. But I managed to not cuss in front of them and play it off with a lesson of putting carts away/not being a jerk. 

@karmba :D I just want you to know that made me feel much better! Lol, how cute!

• Options
    I seriously wonder how long LO would sleep for if we let him. I tried waiting him out last night and had to wake him after 4 hours to feed. Since he's still below birth weight, I'm scared to let him go too long. But I sure hope he keeps up these long stretches once he's allowed to sleep that long. 
  • Options
    1. White noise is like Xanax to this LO. Seriously. DD and DS1 liked it, but 95% of the time if Parker is upset, a nice loud fan or the white noise app on my phone will almost instantly calm him. It's almost a little eerie how quickly he responds to it. 

2. The 5% of the time white noise isn't magical is if he is in the car seat. He HATES the car seat/car. Screams hysterically no matter what I do. Every time. No matter how long he's in it. I feel kind of trapped at home bc I hate listening to him cry frantically every time we go somewhere. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Apparently my 2 week old thinks hats=the worst thing in the world. Seriously child?!
    Anyone else have this issue?
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure, move isn't a fan either. I'm sure people look at me like I'm crazy since it's winter and cold AF. 
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure yep, still not a fan at 3 weeks either
  • Options
    @Mamax2 <3  I'm happy that you got your closure, but so sorry you've had to go through that. I can't even imagine.
    hugs*

• Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure mine hates hats too. Hoods are ok, but hats are evil. So are mittens and socks. 

Spent the night at our friends house last night because she offered to watch DS so DH and I could get some sleep. This kid slept from 2am until 7! After he kept us up all night the other night he slept through. Woke up and ate a little, then fell right back asleep. He's still sleeping. This kid is making a liar out of me...
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have an overtired baby. :(

I hadn't really been tracking Max's sleep, but I decided to yesterday. By 7 PM, he only had 8 hours of sleep since midnight. Good lord. So we did some reading about how much sleep he should get, and how to get him back on track. We decided to put him down around 7:30 last night, and he started crying of course. He cries all the time because he's so tired, I feel so bad. Anyway, he cried it out for about 10 minutes, and then he slept for 4 hours (!!!). Woke up, fed him, he slept for another 4 hours! So stoked. So far this morning (it's currently 8:41) he's on his 2nd nap after waking up from "nighttime sleep". 

I didn't realize that at one month old, they shouldn't be awake for more than 1-1.5 hours before getting another nap (at least that's what a lot of Google searching told me). I feel terrible. Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll have a more rested baby soon. 

Anyone else dealing with an overtired baby? Any tips for getting back on track? 
  • Options
    @maamawaabangi totally understandable. Godspeed to you! Sending some prayers that you guys are able to get into a good flow and that it won't be nearly as overwhelming as you might be anticipating. You've totally got this❤
  • Options
    Lisa3379 said:
    I have an overtired baby. :(

I hadn't really been tracking Max's sleep, but I decided to yesterday. By 7 PM, he only had 8 hours of sleep since midnight. Good lord. So we did some reading about how much sleep he should get, and how to get him back on track. We decided to put him down around 7:30 last night, and he started crying of course. He cries all the time because he's so tired, I feel so bad. Anyway, he cried it out for about 10 minutes, and then he slept for 4 hours (!!!). Woke up, fed him, he slept for another 4 hours! So stoked. So far this morning (it's currently 8:41) he's on his 2nd nap after waking up from "nighttime sleep". 

I didn't realize that at one month old, they shouldn't be awake for more than 1-1.5 hours before getting another nap (at least that's what a lot of Google searching told me). I feel terrible. Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll have a more rested baby soon. 

Anyone else dealing with an overtired baby? Any tips for getting back on track? 
    Lurking from Oct 16. I was dealing with the same and didn't realize wake time was so short. My almost 3 month old still only stays awake for an hour. After she wakes in the morning I just watch for her sleep cues like yawning and rubbing eyes and then I swaddle her, give her the paci and she almost goes asleep on her own. Sometimes I do have to hold her for a minute to get her drowsy. Unfortunately she only takes 30 min naps though. When she wakes the cycle repeats. The key is not waiting too long after LO gives sleep cues to put them down. 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 I second the watching cues for drowsiness. I love the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child (HSHHC). He talks about newborns being awake no longer than two hours max no matter what time of day or night. Watching for signs of sleepiness is key and starting to soothe them to sleep (however works best for your LO) as soon as you see that to avoid overtiredness. When I see DS2 yawn, start having droopy eyelids, or jerking his arms around and fussing, I swaddle him within minutes, put the paci in and white noise on. Usually he goes to sleep fairly quickly. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is a random.
    We have a super cute levtex brand mobile. It plays like two or three lines of nursery songs (which is expected) well today when I turned it on it was playing Christmas songs... wtf? Then it went back to the same old nursery songs after a bit.

So weird.
  • Options
    Our toddler came home from my parents with a cold!  :|
    So... that's a bummer! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    @maamawaabangi oh no! Mine is fighting something viral so I totally get it. We've been sanitizing and washing everything. FX the sickie germs get out of both of our houses and stay away from the babies!
  • Options
    Got the official diagnoses of PTSD & PPD today. It's weird. There is relief, but then there is fear and so many different emotions. Therapist requested DH to come to the next session because she is concerned with some suicidal ideation I've had without recognizing it as such. She's a wonderful therapist and I'm happy to be her patient. The good news is that she thinks we caught it early enough that it doesn't turn into something potentially worse (PPP), and expects me to make a full recovery from it in 3-6 months. 

The PTSD will take longer, but at least I won't have the terrifying thoughts I've been having anymore, although I may still struggle with the nightmares and flashbacks. I think DH needs counseling too. We discussed it and he is doing a lot better than me, but also needs help processing.

It's funny because if you looked at my Instagram, I don't seem troubled. But it's not really funny at all.