August 2017 Moms
Options

UO 1/5

124»

Re: UO 1/5

• Options
    @merrylea I would say that my only child friends are some of the most successful and well-adjusted adults I know. I have no fear, nor feel selfish for only wanting one child. Quite the opposite. I want my child to have the best opportunities I can afford.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    middy411middy411 member
    edited January 2017
    Diclegis is a category A drug!  Happy to help!

For reference, marijuana is category C, which is the same as phenergan.  Zofran is category B.
    Ugh seriously?! I'm so confused! I had zofran from my GP and only took it twice when switching my prenatals made me really sick. But it was what I used very infrequently to manage my nausea when it got out of hand while pregnant with DD (maybe 8 times the whole pregnancy). Then went to the doc for this LO and she says "you know there's a risk with zofran, let me prescribe you phenergan instead." So is it even less safe!? I am extremely lucky that I haven't really been sick this pregnancy but I have emetephobia and nausea/vomiting seem worse than death to me so I was very thankful to have the zofran the last time around but was looking forward to having a safer drug just in case. Hopefully I won't need to take ANY more meds and I haven't taken the phenergan at all. I can't swallow pills which is necessary to take diclegis. Plus my nausea is very conditional, not constant, and luckily very rare this time around. All this drug stuff is so confusing...
  • Options
    middy411 said:
    Diclegis is a category A drug!  Happy to help!

For reference, marijuana is category C, which is the same as phenergan.  Zofran is category B.
    Ugh seriously?! I'm so confused! I had zofran from my GP and only took it twice when switching my prenatals made me really sick. But it was what I used very infrequently to manage my nausea when it got out of hand while pregnant with DD (maybe 8 times the whole pregnancy). Then went to the doc for this LO and she says "you know there's a risk with zofran, let me prescribe you phenergan instead." So is it even less safe!? I am extremely lucky that I haven't really been sick this pregnancy but I have emetephobia and nausea/vomiting seem worse than death to me so I was very thankful to have the zofran the last time around but was looking forward to having a safer drug just in case. Hopefully I won't need to take ANY more meds and I haven't taken the phenergan at all. I can't swallow pills which is necessary to take diclegis. Plus my nausea is very conditional, not constant, and luckily very rare this time around. All this drug stuff is so confusing...

Those are the drug categories, but keep in mind that a lot of drugs are category C (risk cannot be ruled out) just because they haven't been studied in pregnant women.  They may not be harmful at all.

I would listen to my doctor and do what you need to do to stay healthy for your baby.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker