August 2017 Moms

UO 1/5

Re: UO 1/5

• NxyNxy member
    @LeA2017! Don't be afraid to start a new post! Just glance at the board to see if someone's already talking about whatever it might be then if not, just be sure you're not being a huge AW and you're fine! 

@taylormarie923 I also really don't like the big labowski. DH loves it and I just don't get why at all. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My UO is along the lines of what some of the other ladies have said regarding pregnancy announcements. I don't like the cheesy ones and especially don't like the ones with a picture of the scan. I know it's widely known as a pregnancy indicator but to me it's just a grainy black and white and gray picture. I sent my very excited dad a copy of our scan and he was like, "meh". Guess that's where I get it from!
  • I'm a drama llama and look forward to the trolls that will inevitably come around. This is more of a fffc, but it's what brought me back to TB.
    Check out the drama threads in May and June to satisfy that  :D

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• dinofreakdinofreak member
    edited January 2017
    UO: I don't believe you can "ramzi" on your own
  • I judge those who have home births with no medical professional present. Hard. I think it's incredibly selfish and unnecessary.

That is all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NxyNxy member
    @caitlyn5454 spend some time lurking in July??  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also don't get anesthesia if I can help it.  I wasn't even out for my wisdom teeth--just local anesthesia!  There was no pain, it was just a little weird to feel the pressure and hear all the sounds of what they were doing.  But I hate needles and am terrified of being put under.  Still undecided about the epidural--just the thought of that needle in my back makes me shiver.  

I think there here is a time and place for leggings.  No problem on a casual day running errands or whatever.  I cringe when I see it at work, though. (The LLR dresses and skirts--fine--but not the legging/t-shirt thing). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Nxy guilty as charged  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also not a huge fan of the strict structure and all the scheduled weekly posts. When I was on boards in J12 and A14 we had daily posts, like UO and HDBD, and then a daily random chat post, and then everyone could post whatever else they wanted. More fun that way IMO. But TB in general seems a lot quieter and less drama (also a bit less fun) then the old days. Times change but not sure I like the changes.

My UO is I think the "hair tie trick" is stupid. (Unless you are not able to purchase maternity pants.) If your pants don't button up, they don't fit anymore, so just put on some maternity pants or leggings.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • @caitlyn5454 I peaked in July too... perfect amount of drama. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2017
    @liz4382 I have had tons of anesthesia (family history of colon cancer at young age, so 4 upper endoscopies with 2 colonoscopies), 2 nasal surgeries due to broken nose, and 2 shoulder surgeries (soccer and softball). I love the deep sleep I get. My hair does fall out for quite a while after, so I know it isn't good for you body... but man is it restful!!! 
    @strawberrytree I agree. Forget the hair tie, especially if you're used to lowrise pants.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • The drama makes me depressed. 

I try not to share too much and try to be really careful with my wording so I do not upset anyone. This will probably be the only unpopular opinion I share because I don't want to make people mad. 

I feel bad for people that get mean comments on their posts. I get so sad and angry that I'm  worked up about it for hours. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just posted this on FFFC and I'm also going to leave this here. My hopefully popular opinion and confession is that I wish BMBs would stalk each other's threads to offer advice and support to people who are (seriously) having a rough time or going through some medical issues instead of looking for drama. It's one thing to talk about drivebys and ridiculous nonregular posters (and even better if it's private). It's another thing to openly bash each other. It just looks petty. And trust me I'm used to to it since I have 4 sisters and 3 SIL. Plus I have all my TTGP sisters. We are all for bringing each other back to reality when necessary, but we also stand united with each other when we need to defend against an outsider. I have tons of snarky gifs ready, believe me. But I have tons of love its and virtual hugs to give out, too. /Kumbaya 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @natsuki  I don't think that drama and being rude/bashing someone are the same thing.   I don't think rude comments are bashing are OK.  However, there is always someone that is being it an AW.  Honestly,   In the drama I saw yesterday, everyone gave comments that were informational, and not at all rude. 
  • @caitlyn5454 I totally agree. It doesn't all have to be serious. I know we can all use a good laugh and to be honest sometimes "defending" against an insane driveby post brings everyone together. Not everyone will agree with everyone or everything and that's fine. That's why we have Monday BitchFest, TW Tuesday, WTF Wednesday, UO Thursday, and FFFC Friday. Hell, people can complain all they want wherever they want. But does EVERY board need a drama thread? It used to be that boards policed themselves or you'd lurk and comment without being passive aggressive. (Or at least you'd use a snarky gif to do the job.) I just prefer to leave out unnecessary drama. /off soap box

• I'm a first time mom and just starting to post more on here, and so far what I've loved is how LITTLE drama there seems to be. Everyone is being supportive and trying to help each other and answer questions. I hope it stays like this! No need for any drama. I'd rather it be "boring" nice moms going through this journey together than what some may call entertainment AKA drama-filled nonsense  :)
  • my UO is that i used marijuana my last pregnancy for all the vomiting (3-5 times a day without it,1-2 with and the ability to eat) and have been using it this time around too. I also eat lunch meat and drink coffee.
  • Wait, that actually wasn't all. This might be my true UO.

I am originally from D15, the land of drive by posts and jokes about fisting. It is also a land of "The Bump is not, nor will it ever be, a 'support forum.'" I will offer support to those who truly need it, such as health issues and loss. But if someone complains about having a boy when they wanted a girl (or vice versa), I will shut that shit down faster than I down water. The Bump is a place for pregnant people to communicate with other pregnant people, regardless of what that communication is about. This is the Internet, you cannot control the responses you get. If you don't think you can handle the sarcastic/rude responses, don't post. It's that simple. Believe me, when you're all 6-8 months pregnant and you log on to see yet another thread complaining about a sore back (which everyone will get, we don't need 1500 threads about "does anyone else have this?!") or having one sex but wanting the other, you'll start agreeing with the so-called "rude" responses. And for what it's worth, 75% of the bashing and rudeness is the drive by special snowflake posters who think everyone should cater to them. It gets old real fast. 
    Hey! Also a D15 mama here! I was mostly a lurker then... Dont have much time, but I'll try to contribute more here! 
  • I don't know if anybody else here has endured the horror that is HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) but when I was in the deepest throes of it, so weak from not eating or drinking that I had to crawl across the floor to change my son's diaper or get him a snack because if I stood up I got lightheaded and had already collapsed more than once while home alone caring for my children, I would be lying if I said I didn't consider medicinal marijuana. None of the other drugs did jack shit for me. I wouldn't have smoked it since I am heavily anti smoking, but if someone had brought me a special brownie I sure would have eaten it. Maybe I would have even kept it down.

HG is Godzilla to normal morning sickness's iguana.

VOTE on my Name List
  • @strawberrytree   I'm very sorry you went through that.   The OP did not say she has HG though...
    Pregnant women everywhere deal with nausea and vomiting every day without smoking weed. I can almost guarantee her OB would not be cool with what she's doing.  It's completely reckless to take something like this into her own hands 
  • edited January 2017
    No, she didn't say she had HG, but I am just trying to explain to the posters saying what a horrible thing it is she is doing the frame of mind that could push someone to try it. Some people get so sick they cannot keep anything down. I threw up ice chips, popsicles, Pedialyte, and peppermints amongst many other things. This isn't the kind of nausea and vomiting that eating crackers and sucking on a peppermint will help. Women actually used to die during pregnancy if their vomiting became severe enough. Charlotte Bronte is probably the most prominent woman to die of HG during pregnancy. If we were talking recreational use I would absolutely be there with you, but having gone through it myself I can't condemn pregnant women who are desperately sick and searching for any kind of relief.

I'm not just talking about the poster who mentioned it either, just in general. Women who are desperate for any kind of relief. The only thing that helped me was IV fluids, but it wasn't possible to go to the hospital daily. I tried a few different medications and none of them helped. HG is a bitch. I had bad 'regular' nausea during my first pregnancy and thought it was awful. It was aboslutely nothing compared to what I later experienced. Extreme circumstances can push you to do things you wouldn't have otherwise considered. If you've never been pushed to that limit you're lucky.

VOTE on my Name List
  • mamadoaks said:
    my UO is that i used marijuana my last pregnancy for all the vomiting (3-5 times a day without it,1-2 with and the ability to eat) and have been using it this time around too. I also eat lunch meat and drink coffee.

There are other ways to deal with nausea, vomiting, and etc. I don't know the effects of stuff like that but I know I stopped smoking cigarettes cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant. I literally have not craved one since I stopped. I've only smoked off and on for less than five years but I just couldn't imagine continuing knowing I have a baby in my tummy. However, you are an adult and we all can disagree but I hope you can find another way to deal with the nausea and so on. 
  • When I went in for my ultrasound on Friday, the nurse asked me how my symptoms were. I've been throwing up in the morning if I didn't eat something right away. They've been having me take a thyroid pill which I'm suppose to take on an empty stomach. Overall I would not consider my morning sickness bad. I can function and eat. I just need to always be eating to not feel icky. 

She gave me some samples of Diclegis and I took two pills last night. I woke up this morning feeling AWFUL. It was like having a hangover. I didn't throw up but I would have gladly traded morning sickness to not feel this way. 

I tried to do some work but I couldn't function or think. I took a nap but couldn't shake off the feeling. I finally abandoned work and slept for 5 hours. I still feel like shit and it's almost 11pm.

I didn't do any research on the diclegis. I just assumed the nurse would know best. Turns out it was pulled from the shelf once and the way the clinical trials were done are questionable.

The  FDA pulls meds all the time. Clinical trials are often paid for by the companies that make the drug and have been accused of being slanted. They use to never do clinical trials with women because of the potential for them to get pregnant and so they discovered that some drugs affected women differently than men when released into the market. Even now, they only choose a certain type of people for trials. You don't get a diverse sampling of people like you do when the drug is released. I knew this but just did as I was told without question. 

I'm not a fan of marijuana personally. Nor am I a granola person. I've learned the lesson today, that I shouldn't  blindly accept medication without questioning my doctor or doing my own research. Had I known that this $800 sample was basically a unisom and a B6 pill, I wouldn't have tried it when I didn't need to work the next day. 

I personally feel that more unbiased research needs to be done for drugs and natural remedies like marijuana. 

I would never take marijuana while pregnant myself but I will not judge someone that does for the purpose of keeping down food.

In the end, we must all make the best choices we can, given our own personal situations.

PS: I really fucking hate how I feel right now. I am miserable and foggy. I just want this trip to be over. Dear god let it all be out of my system tomorrow morning.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is this weed discussion considered drama? :D