July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - 1/2 - 1/9

Re: Weekly Randoms - 1/2 - 1/9

• Options
    My job is 1.5 hrs (no traffic, almost all limited access highway, 15-20 miles between exits) from where I live. Last week my boss asked me if I had any idea when I would start maternity leave. I said these things are unpredictable, but I mostly intended to work from home starting after Memorial Day until I couldn't anymore, then start actual leave. He didn't seem to have a problem with this.
    My mom thinks I'm being ridiculous, and I'm likely to be late anyway. (Not that she would drive anywhere by herself for 1.5 hrs, much less 36+ weeks pregnant)
    What do you all think?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    My husband wants to plan a Yert trip (not even sure if I spelled that right!) for August 3. It's like camping in a teepee. I told him that he can go with our son but I would rather stay home since we would have a newborn. He started researching how they have cribs and we can take the baby. Umm...I'm sorry, but I'm not taking a 2-3 week old camping. And I can definitely say that would not be fun for me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My job is 1.5 hrs (no traffic, almost all limited access highway, 15-20 miles between exits) from where I live. Last week my boss asked me if I had any idea when I would start maternity leave. I said these things are unpredictable, but I mostly intended to work from home starting after Memorial Day until I couldn't anymore, then start actual leave. He didn't seem to have a problem with this.
    My mom thinks I'm being ridiculous, and I'm likely to be late anyway. (Not that she would drive anywhere by herself for 1.5 hrs, much less 36+ weeks pregnant)
    What do you all think?
    That's a pretty good distance being 36+ weeks. I wouldn't do it, not everyday anyway. I think working from home is a great idea. I took a trip at 37 weeks 6 hours away but it was a one time weekend thing but that's irrelevant lol, just throwing that in there.
  • Options
    I got bounce dryer sheets and they smell like goodwill. But if I don't use them everything is so static-y it's awful. I have no idea what I was using before. (So I don't know how to spell static-y, it's a word isn't it.)

@GlitterFish I personally hate driving but other than that I wouldn't have a problem driving to work and back that far everyday.  Might be uncomfortable after a while but again it was already uncomfortable for me before being pregnant. Well if I felt the same as I did last time. Dh doesn't want to do any events for work in late June or late July which are an hour away. I keep telling him to do them bc labor usually isn't less than two hours and he can just get up and leave no one will care. 

@Cynth0104 yeah I wouldn't want to do that anyways. But some time away from dh and ds after baby is born sounds nice. 

• Options
    @Cynth0104 we are not campers, so this would be a hard no for us!

• Options
    What do you all think?
    I hate driving on the highway.  I pretty much stayed within a 5 mile radius of home once June hit last time (baby born July 4).  I was about a week late.  If you have the option, certainly work from home.  My only problem with working from home was that the nesting took priority over work and I was easily distracted with doing baby related stuff.  (This may have had something to do with the fact that we bought a new house and moved in the last week of May). 

• Options
    Cynth0104 said:
    My husband wants to plan a Yert trip (not even sure if I spelled that right!) for August 3. It's like camping in a teepee. I told him that he can go with our son but I would rather stay home since we would have a newborn. He started researching how they have cribs and we can take the baby. Umm...I'm sorry, but I'm not taking a 2-3 week old camping. And I can definitely say that would not be fun for me!
    This is worth an eyeroll and a snort at best.  No, Just No.  And he can't go either - unless him taking your older son would actually help you out and is better than him staying and helping with making dinner, fetching snacks for you, getting baby and placing him next to you to nurse, or warming up bottles if you aren't nursing etc.
  • Options
    @GlitterFish  when are you due? very much different from person to person - I thought I'd be able to work up until my due date but man. I was so big and so uncomfortable, towards the end I opted to take those two weeks before off. I was almost two weeks late, too, so that was a really uncomfortable month not working - and every day I was thankful to be off work. 
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons My LMP due date is 7/3 but based on ovulation and growth, my ticker reflects 6/30 EDD.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    My husband asked about camping trips this summer. I can't be more than an hour away from my hospital once I am 34 weeks, per my MFM and OB. And then, I will be recovering from a c-section. So no, DH, I won't be camping probably at all this summer. He had the nerve to be butt hurt at me for saying that. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish okay, so if I were you, I'd continue to drive into the office until 2 or 3 weeks prior to due date and then plan on working from home for a week or two and see how you feel. but that's just me. 
  • Options
    LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited January 2017
     I don't always participate in the Monday Ticker Change....but wanted to give hope to others....and the Monday one isn't up yet. Haha 

I'm 13 weeks today and 24/7 nausea has tapered off.....I can see the light(and keep down some very basic food)!!!!! I might actually leave the house with LO and go to Target today!!! BTW, I haven't left the house in almost two months, other than doctor visits. It's been BAD. 

ETA: I thought I put this in the symptoms thread!? Ops. Oh well.
  • Options
    @GlitterFish - I definitely would not make that drive at that far along. My commute is 30-45 minutes and I am already not looking forward to it lol.

@LoveLee85 - Monday ticker change is up now lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I guess I'm the minority here, we love camping! We went when DD was only 2 weeks old and while I was still recovering from a c-section and it actually wasn't miserable at all. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    @Cynth0104 I don't blame you for wanting to stay home (I totally would) but what kind of Yert are we talking about?  There are some seriously fancy ones out there that are more like "glamping" than roughing it in the wilderness.  I just saw something on Facebook about people in Hawaii who live in yerts and some of them were nicer than my house!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think if we had a camper it would be a little more comfortable. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish with DS I worked from home the last month.  My commute is 35 mins to an hour depending if I drive or take transit.  If you have the ability to work from home I say do it.  Sitting in a car for 1.5 hours hugely pregnant is miserable.  
  • Options
    ashaw512 ashaw512 member
    edited January 2017
    cssme13 said:
    I guess I'm the minority here, we love camping! We went when DD was only 2 weeks old and while I was still recovering from a c-section and it actually wasn't miserable at all. 
    I love camping but this is crazy talk. 2 weeks?!? I could still barely walk without hunching over.

Eta bc TB corrects my spelling. 
  • Options
    mj8215mj8215 member
    edited January 2017
    @GlitterFish that's awesome that you have the option to transition to working from home, you should absolutely take your boss up on the offer! Your mom is not making sense, sorry

ugh editing because the bump ate 90% of my post :(

@Cynth0104 that camping trip would get a big fat NO from me! I hope your H changes his mind.

My random is that I just fell down a rabbit hole after deciding it would be interesting to look into Bris (Jewish ritual circumcision) planning now that we know it's a boy. Which resulted in tons of anxiety, since
    - how are we going to pull this off on a week's notice? (it's supposed to happen 8 days post partum)
    - how do we find the right balance between it being nice but not outrageously expensive (being in NYC)
    - how are we supposed to know how many people to expect / make a budget? We'd be inviting family and very close friends only but my family lives across the Atlantic, are they supposed to just fly in on a week's notice? For the local family/ friends, if it falls on a weekday we can't expect people to just take a day off work...so it could be 15 people or 30 or 45. 
    - most importantly I'm worried it will be too stressful to deal with all this a few days after giving birth. It's my first child, and I have no idea how I will feel.  And if people are coming in from far away will I feel obligated to spend time with them during what should be our bonding time for H, baby and I.
    etc
    etc
    I'm sure this has been done before lol, so I'm telling myself that and also stepping away until closer to the due date. Too stressful to think about right now!
    Anyone have any insight on pulling this off while also staying sane?
  • Options
    @mj8215 if you're not already involved with a Temple, this could be a really good time to check them out. Then you would get a lot of support in the planning. And have a community built-in, if broader traditions and education will be important for you(r son) later on.
    A boy! Congrats!!
  • Options
    @mj8215 that does sound really stressful. If it were me I would have a family member do it all but I also have a family member who would be overjoyed to do it. Or have all your people planned and be able to call them when baby is born. And plan for the most and convince the caterer to let you keep the extra food. I would also have to not expect anything but the fact that I'm showing up and my newborn son is being circumcised. 
  • Options
    @ashaw512 something about my last cs was magical.  As soon as I was out of recovery I had zero pain and wanted to walk the second my epidural wore off. I didn't even take my pain meds. I seriously had to keep reminding myself to take it easy because I felt totally fine, DH says the universe gave me a break because my labor was such hell. 

• Options
    edited January 2017
    The Beginning of Life series on Netflix is so good. DH also loves it. We watched two episodes tonight, and we both cried during the second one!

eta It's a documentary series about all things pregnancy, babies and parenting.
  • Options
    Thanks for the great advice @virginiaunicorn11 and @morgarita !
    will try to chill about it. I'm sure MIL will want to help although they live far so not sure how much that will limit what she can do ahead of time. 
    That tv show sounds fun, will check it out!
  • Options
    Any other Bachelor fans? I'll totally admit it's my guilty pleasure
  • Options
    @LuLiLaEv - yessss! I hate that I watch it. But I'm really looking forward to Nick's season. 
  • Options
    @LuLiLaEv - yessss! I hate that I watch it. But I'm really looking forward to Nick's season. 
    I'll jump in on this too. It's a guilty pleasure of mine as well. Won't be able to see tonight's episode until tomorrow though, I watch on Hulu. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am an unapologetic Bachelor lover, but I'm SO MAD it's Nick. (I'll still be watching.)
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • Options
    Love Bachelor! Just joined a Bachelor fantasy league for this season. I am so excited! 

and don't get me wrong, I do enjoy camping. Just maybe not with a newborn. I haven't looked at the Yurt, however, I think it is pretty nice. I will agree to doing it next year, but not this year!
  • Options
    LuLiLaEv said:
    Any other Bachelor fans? I'll totally admit it's my guilty pleasure
    Same! Not a huge fan of Nick but I'll probably watch. 
  • Options
    I'm sure I'll binge watch some episodes. I'm more a fan of Bachelor in Paradise because I like the train wreck that comes from drinking heavily and drama. I always end up looking up spoilers to the Bachelor and ruining it but I get bored. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    you guys, another Random from me. How do I tell my 5 year old daughter she's going to have to share a room with another kid?? 
  • Options
    cssme13cssme13 member
    edited January 2017
    I got called to be a long term sub for art. I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I'm really happy that I have a set job now (I was just subbing whenever schools called) which will help us pay off a lot of stuff and get a house quicker but parts of me wishes I could stay home and lay on the couch all day especially since this pregnancy has been kicking my butt. I'm already exhausted thinking about tomorrow.

edit to say that I have zero service at the school I'm teaching at and the bump is blocked on our computers so I probably won't get to bump as much during the day and that seriously makes me sad. Another reason why I should just stay home

• Options
    Was anyone a fan of Bachelor Pad? I liked that a lot more than Bachelor in Paradise. 
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons well, she probably won't have to share for the first 6 months or so right? Maybe the baby could be in a bassinet with mama and daddy until then, and then maybe at that point you could convince her to "invite" the baby to live with her. I'm running into this too, but my son will only be two when the new baby comes, and won't know much of a difference as far as his space goes. Best of luck to you! 

My random excirement is new Sherlock!! Did you miss me? 
  • Options
    @Cynth0104 my sister wants me to ask about the bachelor fantasy league. Is it somewhere online. She's a huge fan!
  • Options
    @ACharnelle I'm excited about Sherlock too!  It's airing at 1 am here. I will have to record it. 

I just realized one of my sisters is not around when I land on the east coast. Which means I have to take two hours worth of NYC public transportation (with two transfers and about 20 minutes total of walking) to get to my other sister's place in Jersey. Is that unreasonably ambitious at 14 weeks or will I still be pretty mobile?  I plan on traveling pretty light.