December 2016 Moms
Options

Stupid Questions January

New month, new year, new questions!
DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

Re: Stupid Questions January

• Options
    Is it possible to have pain breastfeeding with a good latch? My boobs hurt all the time and I don't think its a latch problem. My nipples hurt while BFing, after BFing, during pumping, after pumping, in the cold, in the heat, in a shirt, out of a shirt... I feel like this is a Dr. Seuss book. I do not like this, Sam I Am!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ea301 That sounds a bit like thrush.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Kate08Young ooo interesting. I'll ask our doc about it! I don't see any indications but I only have Dr. Google to tell me what to look for. 

• Options
    Only thing my doc looked for was bright pink nips. Everything else was from my description of what it felt like.

• Options
    @Kate08Young crap...I think I may have thrush. I got an infection from my catheter and have been on antibiotics for the last 10 days. I've been eating yogurt and taking a probiotic, but the last few days my nipples have been extra sore and pink, and I've had some shooting pains. I don't see any white patches in LO's mouth though - hoping he doesn't have it. Did you go to your OB for a diagnosis? What was treatment like?
  • Options
    7 days postpartum and I have developed a rash on my lower back and stomach. Anyone else have this issue or any idea what it could be? Haven't switched detergents or worn anything new..
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @gowenc I was told by myOB that the oral treatment isn't that good for thrusts in the breast. So she prescribed Genitian Violet. Swirl a qtip in it, coat my nip&areola once a day for 3 days. I can even let LO suck on the qtip to help out, as it's really easy to transfer back and forth.

ETA: anything that touches your nips/LOs mouth - i.e. Paci, flanges, bra- needs to be boiled each day to kill the spores.

• Options
    7 days postpartum and I have developed a rash on my lower back and stomach. Anyone else have this issue or any idea what it could be? Haven't switched detergents or worn anything new..
    I got a rash from the hospital maternity underwear. It took about a week to go away once I stopped wearing them. When was the last time you wore them?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I stopped wearing them Wednesday, which could explain the lower back, but the rash on my stomach is above my belly button. DH suggested it's the antibiotic and high dose Motrin I'm on that could do it, but I've never shown allergies with medicine.
  • Options
    So I've been weaning from pumping for weeks after feeling like I was either feeding a child or making food for a child non-stop (almost literally around the clock non-stop).  I cut down my sessions and my time per session.  I haven't pumped since 10:30 last night.  I feel full and a bit uncomfortable... at some point I just have to stop, right?  The pump stimulates more production so I feel like at this point I just suck it up and be slightly uncomfortable unless it gets worse?  @Kate08Young you're the other person off the top of my head that EP'd with your first... any advice on finishing the weaning process?  I can't remember how I finally stopped with DS1.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    @DiFazette I did Cabbage leaves in the bra, and just pump to relieve pressure. Space out sessions as long as possible, and just pump so you don't feel ready to explode.

• Options
    Incoming TMI question....

How long has everyone been bleeding postpartum? I'm 7 days out and still bleeding red which I'm getting mixed reviews if it's normal or not.  Some say that it should only last 4 days which also sounds like a crazy short amount of time.  It's not heavy at all, but it's still very red, sometimes darkish, with the occasional small/med clot.  Just wondering if this is normal as a FTM.
  • Options
    I typically bleed (in some level) for 3 weeks... 4+ if I'm not caring well for myself. it should start bright and period like, change to brown and then often even pink. If you start to re-bleed dark red it's often a sign you're over doing it and haven healed your placenta wound internally or the "scab" has fallen off before healing has occurred. I would expect (for myself) to still bleed red after 1 week. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Fauxpa said:

How long has everyone been bleeding postpartum? I'm 7 days out and still bleeding red which I'm getting mixed reviews if it's normal or not.  Some say that it should only last 4 days which also sounds like a crazy short amount of time.  It's not heavy at all, but it's still very red, sometimes darkish, with the occasional small/med clot.  Just wondering if this is normal as a FTM.
    I was done completely by 2 weeks. My BFF is still having the pinkish/mucus discharge at 6 weeks.

• Options
    Fauxpa said:

I'm 9 days pp and still bleeding red/dark red with small stringy clots.  
  • Options
    @Fauxpa Mine sounds like @zubenescamali. 8 days PP. Still red with stringy clots. Not a concerning amount, but still there. 
  • Options
    I'm 4 weeks PP and I'm just about done bleeding. My friend didn't stop until exactly 6 weeks PP. Everyone is different! 
  • Options
    Thank you all so much.  I figured only 4 days was crazy (I've had periods longer than that) but I just wanted some outside perspective before I got sucked down a hypochondriac rabbit hole. 
  • Options
    @Fauxpa seems like your concern has been put to rest but I was still lightly bleeding at 5 weeks and was told I got suctioned like crazy after my cesarian AND had drugs to make my uterus shrink which induces faster bleeding (twin mom problems).  i think I bled for 3 weeks with my singleton.  Heavy for 3-4 days, medium for a week then tapered off.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I typically bleed (in some level) for 3 weeks... 4+ if I'm not caring well for myself. it should start bright and period like, change to brown and then often even pink. If you start to re-bleed dark red it's often a sign you're over doing it and haven healed your placenta wound internally or the "scab" has fallen off before healing has occurred. I would expect (for myself) to still bleed red after 1 week. 
    I'm the exact same. Though with my first I bled for a solid 5 weeks (long labor, emergency c-section). 

• Options
    Does anyone know which diaper brand has a kangaroo design? I received them from a diaper cake at my shower and used them all as they were loose. I had to start a box of Pampers and I hate how they fit him and they leak on me. 
  • Options
    @landj13 - not sure if this is what you are looking for but these are Safeway's Mom to Mom brand...

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @cayaylonglegs that is the Kangaroo I speak of!!! Buuuut we don't have Safeways....must be one of our local grocery store brands made by the same company. Thanks that narrows it down for me!
  • Options
    Anyone with babies 2+ weeks (my boys are obviously older but adjusted down) when do you notice the most wakeful periods? My apps say they should be wakeful for up to ten hours per day!  We are still on the mend from our ICU stay and still fighting RSV and pneumonia so I expect extra sleep for healing.

Babies had a wakeful period this morning for 2+ hours then ate and slept... and another similar stretch this afternoon but generally the wake and eat, stay awake for 45 minutes then crash again.  At night they feed and right back to sleep.  Normal pattern? 

By the time I change them both after waiting for them to poop, and sit upright to digest for a bit (reflux necessity) they're fussy and not wanting 'play' time because they're tired again.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    @difazette I'm a ftm so no clue what's going on, but Scarlett is 6.5 weeks, adjusted 2.5 and is similar. She always has awake time in the morning for about 2 hours then pretty much sleeps off and on the rest of the day and awake again a little in the evening. Today is the first day that seemed to have more defined naps..morning, afternoon, evening with actual awake times in between. We'll see what tomorrow brings..
  • Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited January 2017
    Lucas is 3.5 weeks, he has similar sleep- eat, burp, diaper change, and back to sleep. But he started having awake times during the day, about 5 hours total today with the majority of it in the late morning hours. He was awake from about 10 am - 1:30pm, then 2 quick awake times in the afternoon/evening. 
    I would say @DiFazette that your boys sleep pattern is normal. With my usual disclaimer that I'm not a doctor :wink:

• Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure I don't want to alarm you but if it's not the mesh undies it could be PUPPS or a random rash. Is it super itchy? I got PUPPS around 4wk PP with LO1 and it was awful. 

• Options
    @DiFazette mine is 4 weeks today. Changes, eats, burps, sleeps at night. Almost never sleeps during the day unless being held. I typically get one real nap from her all day. I know that's probably not normal...dd1 was a much better day napped at this point and had her wakeful period early afternoon...like 1-3pm then her lovely witching hour from 4-7. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    LO is 3 weeks tomorrow and DH had to be back in the office. Our nights are unpredictable now and neither of us get much rest. Am considering starting a Moms on Call schedule, but not sure it will work with EBF. Have also ordered LLL's Sweet Sleep book, to get a different perspective. Anyone have luck with either, or any kind of schedule at 3 wo?
  • Options
    @Sharkey oh bummer, googled it and that's what it looks like. Super itchy and uncomfortable! I didn't realize you could get something like that postpartum :( 
  • Options
    Sharkey Sharkey member
    edited January 2017
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure, I am so sorry if that's what it is! I didn't know you could get it PP until it happened to me. Talk to your ob! I was given some steroid cream and took Claritin and it cleared in about a week. So far I haven't gotten it this time and am praying that I don't. 
  • Options
    Sounds like @sourlemon and I are in the same boat. Max (4 weeks) is tough to put down for a nap during the day unless someone is holding him. He usually takes a nap in the morning, 8 to 10 or so, off and on in the afternoon (although he did nap on his own from 2-4 yesterday finally) and in the evening for about 3 hours. 6-7 total hours of sleep at night. He definitely seems more alert and more interested in other stuff now. He'd rather someone walk him around to look at lights than sleep. 
  • Options
    Anybody know of an inexpensive brand of reverse zipper footed sleepers?  I've got a couple magnet sleepers that I love but they don't have footies and I still have to line them up. We're having to do diaper changes about 4-5 times a night and looking for any convenience here. 
  • Options
    @zubenescamali Target has some. I think cat and jack is the brand? We got some as a Christmas present
  • Options
    @zubenescamali Have you looked into sleep sacks? The ones we have are a long sleeved dress, so getting to the diaper is really easy.

• Options
    Cat and jack! Thank you, going to check them out this week. And I honestly forgot about sleep gowns. Lol. I remember those bring clutch in the early days.
  • Options
    For anyone else who is having their LO sleep in a crib in their own room at night: how is that going getting them to adjust to sleeping in a big space that's flat? Our nights are a little long right now as Maximus will only sleep 1-2 hours at a time. We let him fuss for a bit before grabbing him and it seems he cluster feeds a bit in the late evening (like 8-12) right now we are working on keeping him awake/busy from 4-8 so that he'll hopefully be more tired come bed time. Also, we are putting him in his crib for 1-2 naps per day to get him used to it. He's only two weeks old and we know it's going to take some more time and patience, but am just wondering what has worked for others
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @temmetime, have you tried/considered dropping the awake period from 4-8 and letting him squeeze a nap in during that time? That's a long time for a baby to be awake (IMO) and he may be over tired which is why he is sleeping poorly at night. This is purely opinion based but worth trying. 
  • Options
    @Sharkey yesterday was the first time we've tried it he wasn't awake that whole time we just noticed he loves to nap hard at like 5 then is not tired for a while after that. Good point though
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Personally I don't think this is a stupid question, but I don't want to start a whole new damn thread. I'm almost out of my hospital pads (nooooooooo!). So to conserve them yesterday I tried one of my standard Always Maxis. Apparently the inner material on the pad is not a friend to my undercarriage. Any suggestions on a different brand of pad to try that would have the warm and fuzzy feels of the big ol hospital pad?

Pregnancy Ticker