***The Great Big Labor Thread*** - Page 2 — The Bump
February 2017 Moms

***The Great Big Labor Thread***

Re: ***The Great Big Labor Thread***

• All the very best today @lemieuxk! Thinking of you.
  • You got this girl!@lemieuxk
  • <3 @lemieuxk all the best, you're in my thoughts!
  • Praying for you today @lemieuxk!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Ahh good luck @lemieuxk!!! 
  • @lemieuxk happy BIRTHday! Thinking of you today :)
    kswiger06
  • @lemieuxk glad to hear everything is going well so far. Here's hoping labor is smooth for you and LO! You got this!!!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • @chef'swife squee! So excited for you! Glad he's doing well. @lemieuxk Sending good thoughts your way and eagerly awaiting updates!
  • OMG @ohstars! He's gorgeous! Congratulations lady! Glad to hear he's doing well and I hope you are too!

PerraSuciaohstars
  • @ohstars that's a cute ass baby <3
    ohstars
  • Wow congratulations @ohstars ;
    ohstars
  • Congrats @ohstars! He is absolutely adorable!
    ohstars
  • @ohstars He is so handsome! Congratulations!!
    ohstars
  • Congrats @ohstars! Such a cutie!!
    ohstars
  • Congratulations @ohstars! He is so adorably cute! Glad to hear how well he's doing and hope you're doing okay too :)
    ohstars
  • Congrats @ohstars!! What a cute pic with his little finger!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    ohstars
  • @ohstars congratulations!! That face! Hope his NICU stay is short :-)
    ohstars
  • Congrats @ohstars! He is so precious!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
    ohstars
  • Massive congratulations @ohstars! He is just adorable!
    ohstars
  • Ahhh! Congratulations @ohstars ; <3
    ohstars
  • @ohstars, wow!   Way to sneak that in there!  Congratulations he's beautiful!   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    CornchipLAohstars
  • @ohstars what a handsome little man!! Congratulations, he's perfect! 
    ohstars
  • What a little supermodel! Congratulations Ohstars! I hope you all can go home soon. 
    ohstars
  • Congrats @ohstars.  Hoping for a short NICU stay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ohstars
  • Congrats and prayers for a short stay, @ohstars! He's a supermodel already! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    ohstars
  • Congratulations @ohstars!  He is a cutie!  Hoping for a short NICU stay for August. (Also, love the name. It was on my top 5 list:)
    ohstars
  • That's great to hear! Im so glad you're both doing so well! He really is so cute in his little picture. That's so awesome they were all sneaky so you could get in there and hold your little guy! Congratulations again :)
    CornchipLA
  • @ohstars I'm so glad to hear that you and him are doing good. He is just too cute! Congrats!!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
    ohstars
  • @ohstars great news!! And what a cutie!! Glad you're feeling better too! 
    ohstars
  • Congrats @ohstars! So happy to hear your little guy is doing well!
    ohstars
  • Congratulations @ohstars! So happy for you and August. He's adorable!

As for me, I'm.......still pregnant. A full day of misoprostol led to contractions but not strong ones. Then I was maxed out on pitocin for about 9 hours yesterday. I was having contractions every 1-2 minutes for hours and hours. They were not fall on the floor and forget your name painful, but they hurt. At the end of the day I was all of 1 1/2 cm dilated. So, they stopped the pit overnight because your receptors can get flooded and reduce the effectiveness. I got another dose of misoprostol instead. I think the plan is to start pitocin again this morning. After two full days of non-productive contractions on top of the month of not being able to get out of bed I'm feeling so drained. My whole body is sore and I'm just mentally/emotionally spent, which is not how I want to start "real" labor. I don't know what they'll do if they can't kick start productive labor with the meds today.
    ohstars
  • @lemieuxk I'm sorry you had such a long day yesterday and praying that today is much faster for you! 
  • @lemieuxk I apologize if I missed this, but why aren't they letting you stay pregnant longer since everything has been fine so far?
  • @lemieuxk I'm so sorry. That is so frustrating! I hope you get some rest. 
  • @MommaBean Most doctors induce at 34 weeks in the case of ruptured membranes. At that point, the risk of infection or a cord accident is greater than the risk of premature birth. I've struggled with it a little, because everything does seem fine and I really wouldn't even know I was ruptured if not for the one night when it happened, but with infection things change quickly and can be life threatening for both me and the baby. 
    ohstarsCornchipLAChaoticWolfFreshBakedBrownies
  • Congrats @ohstars !! It sounds like mama and baby are doing well, so happy for you and your family!

I'm sorry you're stuck @lemieuxk :(. I know you are mentally and physically drained but YOU GOT THIS! We are all sending you good vibes and hope you can get some rest.

ohstars
  • @lemieuxk hope you can get some rest before things get intense. Your induction thus far sounds very similar to mine with my first--took 3 days on and off of pit swapping with miso before they finally broke my water and DD was here within four hours! The last night, My OB let me stop induction meds, gave me sleeping med instead and let me rest up! Maybe you could ask if that is an option if after today you are still making no real progress?
    prayers for you!!
  • @lemieuxk That sounds very frustrating! Are they letting you eat and drink to keep your energy up?