June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/26-12/30

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/26-12/30

• This is more of a WTF/MBF. I have the stomach flu and respiratory flu at the same time. 
  • itsfine said:
    This is more of a WTF/MBF. I have the stomach flu and respiratory flu at the same time. 
    No bueno! Hope you feel better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no @itsfine, I hope you are on the mend soon!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• @itsfine.  Are you sure it's the flu?  Maybe a reaction to poor grammar? (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I had just left the other thread.). Feel better.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• @Elyse1384 I am a teacher. Completely on the grammar/punctuation wagon. I try to not make snarky comments but that one popped in my head so effortlessly.  Sigh, should've kept my mouth shut. I will now retreat back into the shadows.

• I'm not the greatest at grammar but I certainly can appreciate well placed punctuation. I'm not a fan of trying to figure out what you mean. 

Also, I am a fan of the Oxford comma. 
  • That thread and its lack of punctuation really killed me. That's why I said I was confused while reading it and the OP told me she was sorry she wasn't very smart. Ok, never did I say anything about intelligence levels. Maybe it just really got to me today because I had also just received my aunts annual holiday letter and she over uses commas and puts them in places they don't belong. 
  • I'm not a huge grammar/punctuation stickler, but that was hard to follow. 

I admittedly love commas and sometimes overuse them. :(
  • kahlan82 said:
    @itsfine.  Are you sure it's the flu?  Maybe a reaction to poor grammar? (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I had just left the other thread.). Feel better.
    You made my morning. 
  • Guys. The announcement gone wrong thread has a dirty delete. And almost sounds like a GBCB in the last post by the OP. Wtf
  • Welp, that was unexpected.
  • kahlan82 said:
    @Elyse1384 I am a teacher. Completely on the grammar/punctuation wagon. I try to not make snarky comments but that one popped in my head so effortlessly.  Sigh, should've kept my mouth shut. I will now retreat back into the shadows.
    Why would you keep your mouth shut if awesomeness is going to come out?  Fantastic!  
  • Elyse1384 said:
    kahlan82 said:
    @Elyse1384 I am a teacher. Completely on the grammar/punctuation wagon. I try to not make snarky comments but that one popped in my head so effortlessly.  Sigh, should've kept my mouth shut. I will now retreat back into the shadows.
    Why would you keep your mouth shut if awesomeness is going to come out?  Fantastic!  
    Well, I worry more online.
    1. Tone is SO hard to interpret when writing.
    2. I don't "know" the people I am talking to, so I don't know their level of humor.
    things go south so quickly, usually I just read and enjoy other's drama and stay clear, but sometimes it's just TOO easy. I can't  help myself.  

• I love going to the grocery store and finding items I actually use/need on sale!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• FSUNole31 said:
    I love going to the grocery store and finding items I actually use/need on sale!
    I only shop or meal plan from the ads/sales unless it's an essential item that I have to have! It's a fun challenge AND is great for the budget. :) 
  • At my OB's office, and there is some sort of sickeningly strong and sweet syrupy vanilla candle or air freshener action going on. It's burning my nonstrils and making me nauseous. You'd think they'd know better!
  • @ladylolly89 I use to do that, I have gotten super lazy about it since going back to work full time, but plan on hardcore meal prepping again come January.  I really want to start doing make ahead meals that I can heat up during the work week quickly.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• slssls member
    edited December 2016
    OK I have a question, guys. Actually, two questions. The first is: isn't there supposed to be a separate thread for questions? This is just random stuff, right? Well, since I can't find it XD

Any 2+ time moms--When I was pregnant with DD, my blood pressure was skyrocketing. Long story short, nobody would definitely say I had pre-eclampsia, and my midwife for this time isn't even sure from hearing my story, which included being induced 2 weeks early. Anyway, my question is that in the 3rd trimester, my joints were so... molasses-y. Like I was the Tin Man in need of oiling. I'd get up in the morning and have to move around so that I didn't feel just, basically, gross. That still wasn't a question.

Is that feeling normal for the third trimester, or was that because of the high blood pressure and/or pre-eclampsia?
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • I am in a few couponing groups for certain stores on Facebook, and I just tried out my first deal today on wipes. I was able to get 448 count Pampers wipes for $5 a box! I can't post the deal per the couponing gods, but I'd be happy to inbox it to you if you're curious. You can't be too proud to price match or go to Walmart to score this one though.
  • @swanbrooner please teach me your ways!!
  • I am in the bowl mania league for college football and am currently in first place.  I am now obsessing over all my picks because I want to win the money at the end!!  Gambling is way too stressful for me!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• sls said:
    OK I have a question, guys. Actually, two questions. The first is: isn't there supposed to be a separate thread for questions? This is just random stuff, right? Well, since I can't find it XD

Any 2+ time moms--When I was pregnant with DD, my blood pressure was skyrocketing. Long story short, nobody would definitely say I had pre-eclampsia, and my midwife for this time isn't even sure from hearing my story, which included being induced 2 weeks early. Anyway, my question is that in the 3rd trimester, my joints were so... molasses-y. Like I was the Tin Man in need of oiling. I'd get up in the morning and have to move around so that I didn't feel just, basically, gross. That still wasn't a question.

Is that feeling normal for the third trimester, or was that because of the high blood pressure and/or pre-eclampsia?
    I didn't have blood pressure issues with DD but I still had the joint issues in 3rd tri. I was like a little old lady hobbling around until my joints "warmed up". I have some joint troubles normally, but it was more pronounced once I was carrying around 30+ lbs of extra weight in the 3rd.

• Super random question... if I start stocking up on baby wipes now will they still be good when our babies arrive?  Do they dry out or anything even if in the package? 
  • LMMamaLMMama member
    edited December 2016
    I think this may have been a bitchfest thing but doing the holiday season without alcohol really sucks. I've been at a constant stream of events for like a month now and it was been toooough to deal with without some booze. We're going out for my fiance's bday tonight. He originally said he wanted to go to dinner with DD and I and that has evolved to dinner and drinking with us and 15 of his friends. I don't feel well, and now I have to be out late and be the DD and I'm trying to be nice cause it's his birthday but it's really taking every fiber of my being to put on a positive front for yet another get together. 

AndPlusAlso in the beginning of December I was suggesting some sober solidarity during this time to feel my pain and he was like "All you have to do is ask." So then I did ask and he whined "come on, don't ask me to not drink."
  • @LMMama I suggested to my hubby he not drink as well since I'm pregnant... he was like well you're pregnant I'm not and laughed at me.
  • Wearmi1 said:
    Super random question... if I start stocking up on baby wipes now will they still be good when our babies arrive?  Do they dry out or anything even if in the package? 
    @Wearmi1 nope they will still be good. I stocked up before my son was born and he is almost 14 months now. Still haven't used them all yet and they are all still fine. 
  • Totally random... fb must've figured out I'm pregnant as this was an ad for me tonight.

Anyone have one?  The video was even better but just the item/concept... interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bum-Brush-Diaper-Applicator/dp/B00LYQ53OC

• michaela0704michaela0704 member
    edited December 2016
    Xath said:
    Totally random... fb must've figured out I'm pregnant as this was an ad for me tonight.

Anyone have one?  The video was even better but just the item/concept... interesting.

I have 10 of these, but they're attached to my hands and I call them fingers.  
    I had the same thought... that as a parent you will be exposed to, have to touch, and be covered in all of the baby's fluids and associated hygiene/health products.  With my twins I never thought twice about it when I had buttpaste on my hands.

On the other hand DH is a huge germaphobe, I'm just not...and I could see someone like him appreciating it even though he's changed poop diapers like the best of 'em...

Edit: posted too soon
  • @swanbrooner it totally worked!!!! I bought all my store had!  I figure even if they don't work for whatever reason with my baby I can always donate them to a women's shelter and I won't be out a bunch of money!!! 
  • @Wearmi1 Yes! I think I'm going to get some more now that I've done it once with success. So glad this worked for you, too!
  • @swanbrooner check it again online.  It looks like they changed the price ;-(
  • Xath said:
    Totally random... fb must've figured out I'm pregnant as this was an ad for me tonight.

I have 10 of these, but they're attached to my hands and I call them fingers.  
    I had the same thought... that as a parent you will be exposed to, have to touch, and be covered in all of the baby's fluids and associated hygiene/health products.  With my twins I never thought twice about it when I had buttpaste on my hands.

On the other hand DH is a huge germaphobe, I'm just not...and I could see someone like him appreciating it even though he's changed poop diapers like the best of 'em...

Edit: posted too soon
    Until you look away for a second and then find sweet baby sucking on that thing like the silicon teether it resembles.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @BelhurstBride How have you been doing? When's your next ultrasound? 
  • @Mother0fDragons I am glad you tagged her, I have been wondering too.  Thinking about you @BelhurstBride!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14