June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 12/26-12/30

Drop your thoughts, dear diaries, rants or raves here!
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/26-12/30

• Options
    I am in post Christmas cleaning and organizing hell.  Made even more fun by kids who have tons of new toys but fixate on the same one and fight over it incessantly.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    I feel like Christmas is never ending, we still have 2 days of events to go and then it's almost new
    year's. It's awesome to be surrounded by loved ones but I am sooo tired and my DD is not herself from so many non-routine days! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having a real first world problem here. I so badly want a caesar cool wrap from Chick-Fil-a and they stopped serving that like 7 years ago. 

Edit: spelling 
    I loved those things! My go to lately has been an 8 count with a side salad. They put those bell pepper things on there and it is sooooo good! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Mother0fDragons I went there today and wanted to get a milkshake with my meal sounded so good but the machine was frozen! 
    Me: 22 DH: 27
    BFP: 9/29 
  • Options
    Today is moving day! Well, hubby and his friends are moving us and I've got my feet kicked up watching tv. Ha
  • Options
    @Ahutch428, I live for those crispy bell pepper strips. I was craving a Cobb salad with their avocado lime ranch dressing. It was soooo good!
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 I'm doing the same.  Our families go way overboard and it drives me nuts! Plus both of my kids have birthdays a month before or after Christmas so it's so overwhelming.  I cleaned out the living room and both of their rooms and moved all the toys to the basement playroom.  I still need to box up some babyish items they don't play with.  I freaking hate these messes and clutter. 
  • Options
    @JessyKV my daughters birthday is January 11, people are already asking me what to get her.  I don't need more stuff!!  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    Chick-fil-A has been a weekly must have for me. Their Spicy Southwest salad is so worth the heartburn. Their chicken salad sandwich and spicy chicken sandwich with ranch dressing have also been go-to's. This baby LOVES spicy food. I went through a huge jar of jalapeños in less than a week. With DD I couldn't even handle lemonade without getting heartburn, in the third trimester. If that happens this time I'm not sure what I'll be eating. 
  • Options
    Y'all are making me crave Chick-fil-A... lol I agree with @doodleoodle the spicy chicken sandwich is amazing... I may go get the spicy chicken biscuits for breakfast in the morning now  :) and their sweet tea is sooooo good! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I want Chick-Fil-A now. But I'm also pretty much addicted to Taco Bell. They need to start a fast food delivery service for pregnant women 
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I'm right there with you... this one has me craving everything spicy... kind of a weird thing as my indulgence last pregnancy was Great American Cookie Company big bite doozies, so not just any cookie it had to be those cookies with their frosting/filling.  I'm glad this time around it is spicy food rather than sweets..  but it is all fun and games until crazy heartburn comes along!
  • Options
    michaela0704michaela0704 member
    edited December 2016
    Alright... those with dopplers... what kind do you have and where did you buy?  Would you recommend them?

*Possible TW*  I have no real reason for my mind to be going to dark places but even though I'm still nauseated (which I count as a positive in this regard) I am still very worried that tomorrow I will just start bleeding or at our next appt we won't have a heartbeat.  I just don't 'feel' pregnant like I did with my twins... maybe because I'm not growing at a rapid/double pace or it is just a different child and pregnancy... but I'm getting very anxious and worried... not very excited, it is hard to be excited and I think by 15w5d I should be over it by now.

Edit: my phone is killing me tonight...
  • Options
    odes anyone know if it's normal to become anemic during pregnancy at this point? I use to be when I was younger and all my symptoms seem to be back...
  • Options
    @kassyfry I've been craving those rolled chicken tacos with guac...and mine doesn't have them anymore!  :'(
  • Options
    odes anyone know if it's normal to become anemic during pregnancy at this point? I use to be when I was younger and all my symptoms seem to be back...
    My OB told me that I am anemic due to the pregnancy (since I never was before). She didn't seem to be too concerned about it- just told me to eat more iron rich foods (burgers, steak, etc..) and supplement 1x/day.... seems to have helped me! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @michaela0704 I have a Sonoline B and I used it with DS too. I am an anxious person and am so glad I have one.  If you get one, make sure you YouTube, so you know what baby should sound like

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    Looking at tickets for Disney on Ice.
    Has anyone gone and had seats they loved or hated? Where were they? 

I hear that aside from the front row, side view in rows 7-10 are best.
    Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Thanks!!

• Options
    kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited December 2016
    @michaela0704 I have a Sonoline B ($30) and I used it with DS too. I am an anxious person and am so glad I have one.  If you get one, make sure you YouTube someone using one, so you know what baby should sound like.  
    Your own heartbeat, the cord, placenta etc can make it somewhat confusing at first. The more you do it the better you get at identify baby. I will say dopplers are good for only certain people. For some women, they only make the anxiety worse.  When I Doppler, I always go in saying "if I can't find one it in 10 minutes, I will just try again later." I also only 'allow' myself to Doppler twice a week, so it doesn't become an obsession. You have to find a way to have it help your anxiety and not make it worse. I found it great for this time period before consistent movement. Once I felt DS all the time I stopped using it.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    How are you ladies dealing with your hoo-ha areas? I used to get brazilians but I would need to take 3 Motrin and not drink coffee beforehand. I heard the pain during pregnancy is horrific so it was out of the question. But I let myself go in every way during first tri and I'm sick of feeling like the Beast. Plus I'm getting darn uncomfortable with what I've got going on there even with trimming. 

Are there any risks besides pain? Like infection that can harm baby?

My waxer is pretty cool so I'm sure she's fine with a "let's try" session

• Options
    We had 3 days in a row full of Christmas and then I jumped right back into work Christmas night. It's night 2/3 and all I want is to put on my pjs and sleep for the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    @Knottie42089123 I got waxed during my first pregnancy with no issues. I've had 2 waxes thus far during this one. My waxer said that she gets pregnant women all the time since reaching down there to shave can be tricky.  I've never heard of there being a risk of infection. If you're worried, I'd ask your doctor just in case though.
  • Options
    I was, last pregnancy, despite eating meat daily. My OB eventually put me on an iron supplement. 
  • Options
    @Knottie42089123 I've had two sessions since getting pregnant, but my hair started coming back so fast that I couldn't justify keeping it up. I will probably go for a few maintenance sessions to help with the hard to reach places, but I'm just shaving for now, which I despise.
  • Options
    @silliegirlie143 I did Disney on ice last year and made the mistake of floor seats. These were basically folding chairs and we had a hard time seeing. I would definitely recommend something elevated!
  • Options
    I love Christmas but I am SO glad it's over. I'm not overly routine oriented but the craziness of the holidays is just too overwhelming. Granted this week we still have a get together for my fiances
    birthday and NYE/NYD but still. With the Xmas presents organized and my house a little clean I feel like I can finally get back to normal life. 
  • Options
    Okay, so does anyone else here get those sharp vaginal pains that feel like someone is stabbing your hoo ha for literally a second and then it stops?! I've been having them all morning, and today is my last day off of work. I had such a plan to get stuff done, but now I just want to lay around because of these. So annoying =\
  • Options
    I couldn't get enough Chick-fil-A with DD. Now just that word nauseates me. It's so sad! 

Any 2nd+ moms that are feeling extra tired this time around? I can nap for 2 hours during the day and then go to bed at 8:30 and wake up tired the next morning. I thought 2nd trimester is the "energy/glowing" trimester... I'm not feeling either. Wondering if maybe that's just cause I'm trying to keep up with a 1yo that gets into everything constantly? Or maybe holidays?

I also second the "I'm having booze next holiday season" post! I had to go without last year and once again this year and it's just a cruel thing ...especially during Christmas dinner with in laws! 
  • Options
    @Praying41 STM here. Yes, this time around is much harder, and I'm way more tired. It takes a lot of energy to keep up with my 2 yo, including patience. I definitely can't do all the things I want to right now. It wipes me out just to do little bits.
    And I second the being done with no alcohol during the holidays. And rare beef for me too. We have prime rib every year and it kills me to have to microwave mine to well done. 
  • Options
    @Praying41, yes! DD is 16 months, I'm 17 weeks, and I am exhausted. She also does not take consistent naps so I don't get a break during the day. My hubby has been great with taking most of the night wakings (when they happen) and I still wake up feeling exhausted. I'm really hoping I get a burst of energy soon.
  • Options
    Praying41 said:
    I couldn't get enough Chick-fil-A with DD. Now just that word nauseates me. It's so sad! 

Any 2nd+ moms that are feeling extra tired this time around? I can nap for 2 hours during the day and then go to bed at 8:30 and wake up tired the next morning. I thought 2nd trimester is the "energy/glowing" trimester... I'm not feeling either. Wondering if maybe that's just cause I'm trying to keep up with a 1yo that gets into everything constantly? Or maybe holidays?

I also second the "I'm having booze next holiday season" post! I had to go without last year and once again this year and it's just a cruel thing ...especially during Christmas dinner with in laws! 
    Absolutely! I'm thankful that DS still takes 2-3 naps each day (he's 8 months) so that I can have at least a little downtime/nap each day, but my naps were much better/longer when I was pregnant with him, AND I wasn't already caring for a baby!

This is also my second holiday season in a row (including both our first and second wedding anniversaries, because we were married right before Christmas) not drinking (or at least drinking very little) and I'm just going to stay home this NYE because I don't want to be the only one without a drink. I'm too tired by that point to be the DD anyway! 
  • Options
    @TGmomtobe90 I got those in previous pregnancies and they suuuuucked.  

@Praying41. It can be normal but you may ask your OB about getting your thyroid checked.  My Hashimoto's kicked in with my 2nd pregnancy but went undiagnosed because I thought it was normal pregnancy symptoms.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Xath said:
    @TGmomtobe90 I got those in previous pregnancies and they suuuuucked.  

@Praying41. It can be normal but you may ask your OB about getting your thyroid checked.  My Hashimoto's kicked in with my 2nd pregnancy but went undiagnosed because I thought it was normal pregnancy symptoms.
    yes! Thyroid and iron, too
  • Options
    @TGmomtobe90 I haven't experienced that this pregnancy yet but I had it a lot with my son.  I think it's called lightening crotch.  Totally the technical term ;-). And it's so much fun to deal with.  
  • Options
    @TGmomtobe90 yep, full on lightning crotch.