May 2017 Moms

Baby Name Choices & Discussion!

18910111214»

Re: Baby Name Choices & Discussion!

• edited March 19
    We still don't have a name. This kid may never get one. 
    This. I don't know why I can't commit to a name this time around! 

ETA: @pshaortao I really like the name Connor! In fact, if my DD was a boy, Connor would have been the name. Now, three years later and having a boy, I can't commit to Connor for this baby. It's like Connor was already spoken for or something. Weird. 
    SKZW
  • @pshaortao while I'm sure the Connor/Conner thing might happen, I think Connor is way more common. Sarah/Sara on the other hand is pretty 50/50 (ish?). I say this as a Sarah who also is irritated when people misspell my name ;)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

pshaortaoSKZWvrj0522
  • We have it down to two... help please!!! 

Kaden Thomas 
    Kamden Thomas
  • SKZWSKZW member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    I agree with @chailife34 about the spelling and my vote is for Kaden/Caden.  :)
    chailife34
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @pshaortao: Sometimes Connor is misspelled but people who care learn the correct way. Others out there in the world are ijits and will butcher everyone's names because they're oblivious. I have a work acquaintance who, on every single email to me, misspells my name, even though my name is right there like 2 lines up. 
    pshaortaomrsrep123WombThereItIserinh2005
  • @pshaortao, congrats on finalizing a name! I love Connor!
    pshaortao
  • CherryBananasCherryBananas member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 19
    SKZW said:
    I agree with @chailife34 about the spelling and my vote is for Kaden/Caden.  :)
    I like Kaden, but spelled Caden. One of my favourite people growing up was named Caden :smile:

@pshaortao congrats on coming to an agreement! And I think Thomas sounds great as a middle name with Connor. I've been using David as a middle name with Connor in my head, but DH says it's too close to the hockey player. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    pshaortao
  • @pshaortao Love the name Connor! And Thomas as a middle name flows well! 

@lilbeautysxt If you are insisted on it starting with a "K" I prefer Kaden. I personally don't like either name with a K, and if you spelled them traditionally I would prefer Camden! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
    chailife34pshaortaovrj0522
  • @lilbeautysxt, exactly what @hp_momma said. I prefer both names with a C, but would do Kaden if it has to be a K. 
    vrj0522
  • @pshaortao - I love Connor! I'm not sure if you're a "dog person" or not, but I love that it means "lover of hounds" :) It was on our short list for DS1, but DH wasn't on board with it this time around for some reason.

@lilbeautysxt - I agree with the numerous opinions above- I definitely prefer both names spelled with a C. Neither name is exactly my style, but I like the sounds of Camden a bit better. 
    March Siggy Challenge: Green!

Me: 30, DH: 34
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human son: 11/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
    pshaortao
  • Camden, no K's.

H decided he hated our boy name so I made him look for more, took more suggestions, and then he was like I guess I like (original choice) the best. Oy okay...now pick a middle name...
    May' 17 March Siggy Challenge: Something green.
    Blarney Castle during our Irish wedding trip

• @nda_roxybabe , I love that a common, effective, way to get DH's to deal with these things is by pushing it back on them, lol...that's how we ultimately finalized baby girl's name and have made many, many decisions about what to buy for this baby. I think they sometimes don't appreciate the amount of prep and thought we do as the pregnant ones. At least you guys have a first name finalized if it's a boy (and I think you were totally set on your girl name?)! High five! 
    nda_roxybabe
  • @lilbeautysxt - I think both your names sounds great, but a think I like Kamden/Camden best. 

I think we're down to two names and aren't going to tell anyone in real life so I'd like some opinions here!

1. Blake Owen
    2. Mason Cole 

DS is Logan James 

BabyFruit Ticker
    SKZW
  • @Bailey8809 I like Blake the best. 
    Bailey8809
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @Bailey8809: You have two great choices! They both would make a great sib set. I think Blake is a tiny bit more "country" if that even matters to you, and Mason is a touch too popular, again if that even matters to you. No bad options here!
    Bailey8809
  • @Bailey8809 , those are both great names! I personally prefer Blake with Logan because I think it sounds a little better than the nearly-repetitive endings of Logan and Mason. 
    bacorreahp_momma
  • KMD1106KMD1106 member
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    @pshaortao,  Connor is a great name! It's on my short list, but a friend took it. 

@lilbeautysxt,  I like both names, but I definitely prefer both names spelled with a C. 

Bailey8809, I prefer Blake. I find that Mason is becoming very very popular lately. 

Our top two now (keeps changing) are Isaiah Clifford and Noah Robert. I sort of feel like this kid is already an Isaiah, but DH and I both like Noah as well. 
    March Siggy Challenge

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

bacorreaBailey8809
  • @KMD1106 oh man I like both of those a lot. 
    KMD1106
  • @Bailey8809 +1 for Blake. 

@KMD1106 could you do Isaiah Noah? Or Noah Isaiah? 
    KMD1106Bailey8809
  • KMD1106KMD1106 member
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    @achays11, I like Isaiah Noah. I doubt DH will go for it though because the others are family names. 
    March Siggy Challenge

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

achays11
  • Amybee5Amybee5 member
    100 Love Its 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    @lilbeautysxt - I think both your names sounds great, but a think I like Kamden/Camden best. 

I think we're down to two names and aren't going to tell anyone in real life so I'd like some opinions here!

1. Blake Owen
    2. Mason Cole 

DS is Logan James 
    I think Blake sounds nice with Logan! 
    erinh2005Bailey8809
  • @KMD1106, I like both of those names, but I'd lean towards Isaiah. Mostly because I know a lot of kids named Noah and not many Isaiah's. But you really can't go wrong!
    erinh2005KMD1106
18910111214»