July 2017 Moms
Options

UO Time?

Re: UO Time?

• Options
    I am deeply offended that my hatred of leggings is being marginalized! GBCB!  :p

Hatred of lularoe will unite us all lol I'm seriously surprised it wasn't unpopular. Almost everybody I know irl loves them and swears by them, so now I can rest assured that I've found my true mom-Tribe! 
    Haha I realized after I said it that it sounded bad. I just meant that I may have gone overboard with the whole need for controversy of the unpopular opinion category. I don't know much about those leggings other than they have a lot of childlike patterns.
  • Options
    @Dcwtada haha I don't know much about those lularoe leggings. But I gotta say, since the bloating began I live in my fleece leggings. maybe we should start a controversy corner? Lol this board seems to be for more everyday opinion stuff. Which is totally fine. I just thought it was supposed to be something else! I feel the stink eye of 100 pregnant women from across the country right now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dcwtada said:
    @supermom83 I think a burning of lularoe leggings should be our tribal offering. Stoners have burning man, we shall have burning leggings with a giant wooden stocking. 
    YES! Seems like a perfectly logical bonding tribal offering. 
  • Options
    Rae. said:
    No clue if this is an UO or not, just something I have been thinking about with Christmas sneaking up on us. Our kids will not be getting these huge elaborate Christmases. Not when they are young anyways. I saw this thing on Pinterest where you only get them 4 gifts (something you want, something you need, something you wear, something you read). I am sure grandparents and aunts/uncles will spoil with plenty more gifts. I just think especially when kids are young, they need to be taught to be appreciative and that they don't get everything they want just because they want it. Also, Santa will bring ONE gift (an extra 'want' gift). 
    Yes!!!! I am so over how spoiled kids are these days. I refuse to allow my child to be a brat. I have heard kids laugh at other kids for 'only getting 13 Christmas gifts'!? Who counts their gifts to rub in other people's faces?! A brat does! I never would have even thought of this as a child!! I already have a plan. My LO is only 14 months so he's unaware, but he will get a few gifts and help me donate time and gifts to children in need as he grows up. I was well provided for, but also donated my time to food drives, Girl Scouts, and volunteering at a local nursing home-all while in grade school. It gave me perspective and I'm so grateful. Rant over. 
  • Options
    ladipale said:
    I'm an elf on the shelf hater too! My husband refuses to do it... My oldest DD is almost 6 and this is the first year that she is asking questions, so I'm writing her a letter from an elf tonight that says that she has been such a good girl this year that Santa had to send his elves to other kids' homes! 
    See one of the reasons I hate the elf is for the good/bad behavior. I don't need an elf (even if it is fun and games) to make my kids behave. Sure, they would probably think it was great, but I'm trying to teach my kids the real meaning of Christmas and it's doesn't include Santa as a main reason. Don't get me wrong that doesn't mean I won't give my kids gifts, I do incorporate Santa into Christmas but it's NOT the main reason. People keep adding more and more to Christmas every year and it's getting ridiculous, what actual purpose does this elf serve if santa can see kids at all times? Like PP said, the number if gifts is out of control for most kids and they become brats. I do what @rae. mentioned, I get them a want, need, wear, read gift, they get so much from grandparents and other family members anyway.
  • Options
    The August one still isn't showing up on my app. Weird! I'll join that one too but I'll probably stick around in July as well. My daughter came almost a week early so if I go early again that'll put me in July.  :)
  • Options
    My FTM FFFC UO to STM+ is that I *hate* all of the abbreviations. It's not just here (though I seem to see more here and more specific to this site), but all over the internet. Why can't people talk about 'my husband,' or 'my daughter,' or 'my positive test?' It truly does not take that much extra time to type out a seven  letter word instead of a two letter abbreviation. And then I feel *slightly* bad when I use full words instead of the abbreviation, because I feel like other posters will be judging me or getting irritated with me for taking up too much space or whatever. I don't feel bad enough to not do it, but it does cross my mind when I post something. C'est la vie...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @rae.
     Yes yes yes!!! I have said I wanted to stick to this idea of "Something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read, and something from Santa" since before I had my son and it takes so much of the pressure off Christmas and allows us all to enjoy the season instead of the "want want want". I LOVE the whole season - the lights, the decorations, the music, the general feeling that happens around this time, and I absolutely LOVE giving the perfect gift to people. For me, it's always been about the excitement of finding the perfect present for someone, rather than the excitement of getting things myself. I hope we can instill that same joy in our kids. My son this year is only going to be 15 months, but this year he's getting a sensory board that my husband is making for him (think locks, knobs, buttons, knick knacks from Home Depot on a colorful piece of plywood), a foam play mat, a leather copy of Treasure Island (we give him a nice book every year so he'll have a collection when he's older - last year it was Hobbit), and a new outfit. Santa is bringing him a toy broom/duster set and some realistic but child safe keys because those are the things he loves to play with in the house. That's it, and I'm so excited to be able to enjoy the season with him without stressing about needing to finish shopping.

I love that a lot of moms are scaling back on general - it just makes everything feel less materialistic, I guess, and I really feel like kids are more likely to appreciate the toys and things they have if they don't have so much that they don't even know what they have.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What if we taught our kids that they need to give up something they don't love anymore for every gift they get..... Scandalous! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @plumpous, I actually really love the idea of having my kids go through their toys and belongings each December (once they're old enough to do so, of course) and choosing some to donate each year before Christmas Day. It helps clear out space on the house, teaches them about giving, and potentially helps another family who is less fortunate.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know, I still think people make too big a deal over "rules." No one is saying don't start posts, but I have no desire to see another nausea post. There's just no point. We're all nauseous, everyone has been talking about trying many things on all the threads, and blah blah blah. So if someone wants to start a post, as long as there aren't a thousand already on the topic, go for it.  And I don't get why it offends people for someone to say "this has been discussed already, look at *insert thread title here*" It's just another place to find more info on what you posted. If other people still want to reply they will and those who are tired of the topic will skip it. 

@plumpous my sister is doing something similar with her children. She always makes them go through things before Christmas and choose toys/games (that are still in good condition, not trash) to donate.  I have so many siblings plus this baby will be my in laws' first grandchild so I think this kid is gonna get super spoiled. We'll have to cut back on what we do to make up for it I think lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I don't know, I still think people make too big a deal over "rules." No one is saying don't start posts, but I have no desire to see another nausea post. There's just no point. We're all nauseous, everyone has been talking about trying many things on all the threads, and blah blah blah. So if someone wants to start a post, as long as there aren't a thousand already on the topic, go for it.  And I don't get why it offends people for someone to say "this has been discussed already, look at *insert thread title here*" It's just another place to find more info on what you posted. If other people still want to reply they will and those who are tired of the topic will skip it. 

@plumpous my sister is doing something similar with her children. She always makes them go through things before Christmas and choose toys/games (that are still in good condition, not trash) to donate.  I have so many siblings plus this baby will be my in laws' first grandchild so I think this kid is gonna get super spoiled. We'll have to cut back on what we do to make up for it I think lol

• Options
    The read this first thread simply comes across as off-putting.  I know this is not the intention.  The boards have always been self-organizing.  I say let the villagers be free to run the village.  The hyper-organization and role assignment is confusing especially to those who are new to the bump.  It implies a level of control and oversight that simply does not exist.  I agree that it probably has created the so-called lackluster and boring BMB.  I can see where this kind of regimented approach may be necessary over in say TTGP where people are floating on and off but here we are in it for the long haul unless heaven forbid our journey is harshly cut short.

While y'all are burning the lularoe leggings throw the structured thread list in there too.
  • Options
    AdaByron said:
    UO: I don't understand posting US pics here. It's just a huge thread with 100 nearly identical photos. I have zero interest in looking at a hundred US pics that all look just like every other US pic I've ever seen, and I wouldn't expect anyone to care to look at mine if I posted it. 
    The US thread was actually really important to me. 
    I had glanced at it a few times, but nothing major. Once i posted my own, I went back and looked at some, knowing that I am one of the furthest along here. Something didn't sit right with my OB's assertion that the dark spot beside the sac was "just not filling the uterus yet" - what, I just started off with a ute twice the size of anyone else's???

So I called them back to ask for another look and sure enough was diagnosed with an SCH by the MFM on staff.

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons, yes! I completely agree. All the rules are hard to manage. I haven't been active since April 2012 and it is much different.

i am in the minority, but I live LuLaRoe. Leggings, shirts, dresses. I will spend the money to be comfortable all day. And I like the crazy patterns. Adds some dynamic to my otherwise boring wardrobe 
  • Options
    @supermom83 I don't have any lularoe leggings, but I loooove the crazy prints. I mean, like everything else, some are extremely ugly, but I would totally wear a pair of gingerbread leggings. ;)
  • Options
    @cssme13 Yes! the only social media I use is instagram and it is completely inundated with people selling crap. I follow a long time friend's wife and she recently started selling Younique make up. she gets no likes or comments on any of these posts, yet still has posted something like 15 Younique posts in the last week. STOP ALREADY, I just want to see your kids so I still feel a part of my friend's life! lol
  • Options
    @supermom83
    i am right there with you. I will add two things: 
    1. Lularoe is the adult garanimals
    2. Everything is incredibly overpriced-no one buys garanimals at OshKosh prices.

can't understand this trend! I wish it would go away and everyone would stop adding me to LLR groups. 
  • Options
    @cmandzak723 I somewhat agree with you on the disconnect thing. I also think it's super weird to begin with. People worry so much about what is "normal" without stopping to think that there's a different normal for everyone. True in every aspect of life, but especially big life changes like being pregnant. I mean, how connected do they want to feel to something that they can't feel or see? I have a feeling they are connected and invested, they are just comparing their experience to that of all the perfect internet people, which is impossible to live up to.
  • Options
    @sehp8b Yes!! I was just talking to my husband about this last night. I have no idea what half of the abbreviations mean, and honestly don't want to. It makes it so much harder to connect with people because if I have to decode, I normally just move on.
  • Options
    Okay! Here's mine. I really hate when people do things while pregnant when they know they absolutely shouldn't. "Oh yeah, I ate raw cookie dough! I didn't get sick so it must be actually fine!" I just don't understand why you would want to risk it. 
  • Options
    @cmandzak723 I somewhat agree with you on the disconnect thing. I also think it's super weird to begin with. People worry so much about what is "normal" without stopping to think that there's a different normal for everyone. True in every aspect of life, but especially big life changes like being pregnant. I mean, how connected do they want to feel to something that they can't feel or see? I have a feeling they are connected and invested, they are just comparing their experience to that of all the perfect internet people, which is impossible to live up to.
    Or in the case of some of the girls who've posted about this, they're comparing to their own feelings from a previous pregnancy or loss. So no, not trying to live up to some internet standard of perfection in all cases, or even most of what I've seen on this board. 
  • Options
    @torichantel2005 Ya I initially made the post because constantly reading about (in a whole bunch of different threads) that people were feeling disconnect semi bothered me because of my owns struggle and reactions to being pregnant. is it kind of rediculous? Probably. But I don't think I'm the only individual on here that has been bothered by other people talking about certain issues. I just expressed it in what I thought would be a good thread to bring it up. But evidently suggesting the topic have its own thread upset a lot of people. Which wasn't exactly my intention but is understandable. first I got told that it may be a mental health thing. Which I fully acknowledged because it's very true. Lol then after acknowledging it I got told that I was lumping people who have disconnect with their unborn child with having a mental health issue. Just couldn't win with that one. I don't blame anyone for their feelings I was just suggesting it get its own thread.

As for the actual disconnect topic itself. I get that there are reasons people are just not feeling bonded yet and I get why some people are super connected already. I fall somewhere in the middle. 

Anyway, I was just trying to bring up a different topic and open a discussion. Funny enough, I lurked on June's most recent UO thread and guess what they are talking about? Elf on a shelf and leggings.

I also find it a little perturbing when people say that they not only have already, but plan to continue to drink and smoke and do things they shouldn't during their pregnancy. And I'm not talking a drink here and there. But straight up plan to drink every night. My best friend smoked 1 cigarette a day because she said it will be fine (a nurse told her it would be ok) her kid has many issues that can be directly related to her smoking while pregnant. Very sad actually. I know people go way overboard with the food restrictions and such. But some things are seriously not worth the risk at all.
  • Options
    @hqinmd for people to say either what they said.. which was mostly fine. Only one commenter actually irritated me. Everyone else seemed fine to discuss it.

But to directly answer your question, this is how I was hoping it would go: for people to say, something to the effect of "interesting that this is what bothers you. I agree or disagree. But what bothers me is when people post "whatever bothers them".

that is gererally how discussions are started. Someone brings up something they are thinking and people bring up things that they thinking. Again I'm not upset that people disagreed. It was more of the misunderstanding of what my intentions were and putting words in my mouth. But that kind of thing happens in this environment so it's not that big of a deal as long as everyone is respectful and listens in the end. I know some people on here are all about the snark. Lol it is what it is.

I am genuinely disappointed that I may have offended some people and that it didn't open up the discussion that I intended. 

Am I upsetting you now? Lol because I have said I would drop it. But as long as people tag me in a conversation I will continue to respond.
  • Options
    @hqinmd haha well I 100% agree with you on that!
  • Options
    Definitely agree that all the structured posts keep the board pretty dead.  On my last board there were the standard fffc etc but none of the symptoms, randoms, appointments etc.  I found that most people figured out pretty quick to use the search function and if you came up dry start a post.  Those who didn't were flamed and learned or pulled a GBCB.  I think a lot of the desire for the structure is coming from TTGP grads who dealt with the constant drive by nonsense but BMBs become a community and that kind of structure just isn't required.  

My UO Starbucks coffee tastes like burnt beans that were brewed yesterday and I don't get how anyone drinks it.  Note - this UO applies only to their coffee all their other drinks (Egg Nog latte I'm talking bout you) are delicious.  
  • Options
    @abmommy15 I love an eggnog latte. Except not right now. Darn pregnancy aversions :(
  • Options
    I wish TB had a block feature like FB right about now, lol. 
    @abmommy15 I agree with everything you said except the coffee part. I only drink black coffee no sugar so everything else at Starbucks just tastes like thick tongue coating cream to me! 
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons, if you go to a users profile in the upper right hand corner there is a button that says ignore.  It doesn't stop them from seeing you but you won't see them :)
  • Options
    Hiiiii, so techniqually an August 3rd DD with #2 but as this will be a repeat c-section July it is. (OB schedules at 39 week). I think Luluroe is absurd, only followed up by Jamberry and I can't stand how many people I know who stalk others for sales.  I didn't buy from Susie or Sally, I'm not gonna buy from you. Also: yea to the overpoliciing of threads.

Anyways, that's my ridiculous intro but now for UO. Blaming life on 'hormones'. I get it;  they're real. Everyone has moments dealing with them. They exist, but I am still in control of my own reactions and responses. I can already feel the judgey 'how will she act' from family that knows,  even though they've seen me before. I feel like even if your even keeled and say something that would be 'normal' (or something that would make anyone react negatively) it must be hormones. Sure pregnancy can make you edgy, but it's still reality, life doesn't stop because your pregnant.

Or some women will use it as a reason to be insufferable 24/7. Drives me nuts.

• Options
    mama2stepmamamama2stepmama member
    edited December 2016
    Oooh.....I'm going to go check those Viv leggings out right now!!!
    Jenn, mama to Big K (6/05) and Little K (5/07) and stepmama to Midde K (11/05)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    UO: The rules on this board suck. I think it feels more like a bunch of type A hormonal women who felt the need to structure everything to make it all tidy and neat. Well, life is not tidy and neat. And pregnancy certainly isn't! So I say get rid of the stupid rules and let women talk about what ever the eff they want to talk about!
    Jenn, mama to Big K (6/05) and Little K (5/07) and stepmama to Midde K (11/05)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I see another GBCB coming.