May 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Gear and Baby Item Recomendations - attempt #2

Re: Baby Gear and Baby Item Recomendations - attempt #2

• Options
    @cherrybananas the pediatrician I work with through school recommends them for everyone. Definitely good when they're snotty/sick but also their little bodies don't do as well at moisturizing incoming air as we do. If you live in a climate where you ether have heat or A/C on most of the time both of those can take moisture out of the air. A cool-mist humidifier should do it but warm isn't bad either. Just can be kind of muggy and if baby's in your room that may be uncomfortable for you!
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot @WombThereItIs @ShadeofGreen816 thanks ladies! That's exactly what I was looking for. It's super dry here and our heat is on 9 months of the year, so it sounds like it would be good to go out and get one. It's just one of those things that I don't hear many people mention so I thought I'd ask.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CherryBananas we bought a humidfier for the first time a couple months ago for FDD due to such a bad cough/congestion.  We were just okay lets buy one when we actually needed it. Shes 2.5 now.

• Options
    This is such a small item, but anyone have suggestions for a good brand of baby mittens that stay on?
  • Options
    @hp_momma Some of ours have those, which is great. Some don't. I like the socks idea @bacorrea
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    This is such a small item, but anyone have suggestions for a good brand of baby mittens that stay on?
    Socks.
    Yep. Socks! 

Kid 1 had epic and terrible cradle cap and we did sock hands on and off until he was about 4 months and we got it under control. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    We loved our humidifier! When you're in allergy hell it totally beats crying with your baby in the shower because they can't breathe well.

I hated mittens, I swear they wore them once and then they were stretched out, sleepers with the built ins for the win! 

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We only use the humidifier when DS is sick and it took until he was 18 months to actually hall it out of the box from the basement. And even then I brought it up for my husband until DS ended up coming down with the same crud. I was happy we had it on hand though! 

Baby mittens suck. They don't stay on. Outfits with the built in flaps are the best and socks work in a pinch. I have been wondering how that will all work since it will be summer this time around and probably will be wearing less long sleeve (with built in flap) clothes. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe - You so fancy!  <3
  • Options
    @emilyalso Haha, hoping to make my life as easy as possible. We will see! 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    We used a humidifier a handful of times in the first year, but there was never a good place to put it and I'm not sure it made a huge difference. (Also, I hate hate HATE cleaning them and am always paranoid about mold.) I did the steamy shower trick a few times when he was really congested. 
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @nda_roxybabe: you've inspired me! I am going to put together my little baskets tmrw! P.S. thumbs-up on the snacks, a definite must-have.
  • Options
    SKZW said:
    @nda_roxybabe: you've inspired me! I am going to put together my little baskets tmrw! P.S. thumbs-up on the snacks, a definite must-have.
    Yay! There's chapstick hiding in there too and H will be on water fetching duty (like he is now). 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe can I just hire you out so I don't have to try to make mine half as organized? I actually have a case of water next to my chair for BF/feeding time! Just in case I forget my water or finish it off.
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    The best nursing water bottles are the giant cups they give you at the hospital after you deliver! They are huge and I'd seriously use them all the time after coming home from the hospital, so don't forget to take yours home with you! 
    Yes! Plus they are great for making sure that you are drinking enough water.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe I feel so behind...we don't even have the hospital bag ready at all! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    For DS1 we have the Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine and we love it- but I just went to buy another one for baby, and it seems to be out of stock everywhere!! Any recommendations for white noise machines that play womb noises? 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @kayemjay2:
    We had a Sleep Sheep for our son & completely love it, so we bought another one for this little guy. It has 4 sounds: rain, ocean waves, whales (weird but some babies love it?) and, like you were looking for, a heartbeat. It has a velcro strap on the back so you can attach it to the outside of the crib/p&p/etc. (The smaller version has diff sounds, so just doublecheck when you order it.)
  • Options
    SKZW said:
    @kayemjay2:
    We had a Sleep Sheep for our son & completely love it, so we bought another one for this little guy. It has 4 sounds: rain, ocean waves, whales (weird but some babies love it?) and, like you were looking for, a heartbeat. It has a velcro strap on the back so you can attach it to the outside of the crib/p&p/etc. (The smaller version has diff sounds, so just doublecheck when you order it.)
    +1 we use the sleep sheep daily. DD has figured out that if you press each noise button twice, it'll play music. Big fan
  • Options
    We have this sound machine. It looks like it's sold out on Amazon, but I've seen it at Target.  It's been going strong for over 3  years now.

https://www.amazon.com/myBaby-MYB-S200-SoundSpa-Portable/dp/B0091E31KM/ref=sr_1_13_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492014470&sr=8-13&keywords=sound+machine

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 I'm with you.  I haven't done ANYTHING for baby prep and I'm having major surgery next week and will likely be pretty useless after that.  I'm trying not to stress about it, but all these on top of it ladies are making that hard.
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe looks lovely! Gotta get my sh!t together!

Sound machine: we use an app (Sound sleeper). It's on the tablet and both MH and my phone. Makes it easy to access anywhere.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    +1 for the Sleep Sheep. I've had it since DD1 and I just replace the batteries every new baby! I like that I can take the sound box out and throw it in my diaper bag or suitcase since we travel often. 
    DD1 and DD2 have a small sound machine that they use in their room now, or I just use Pandora Lullaby station if we are traveling. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 I'm with you.  I haven't done ANYTHING for baby prep and I'm having major surgery next week and will likely be pretty useless after that.  I'm trying not to stress about it, but all these on top of it ladies are making that hard.
    Hopefully you can get some stuff done before your surgery! Otherwise, is make a list for your H to do and he can put everything together! You need to concentrate on you and your recovery after surgery. It'll all come together :) 

• Options
    BabyMC517 said:
    Hopefully you can get some stuff done before your surgery! Otherwise, is make a list for your H to do and he can put everything together! You need to concentrate on you and your recovery after surgery. It'll all come together :) 
    I know.  I am honestly not as stressed as I probably should be about baby stuff.  It helps being a STM because I know how little they actually need.  And my mom and sister are coming to help with post-surgery recovery and I'm sure they'd love to do some of the baby prep stuff.  I do wish I could be focusing 100% on baby right now though, rather than frantically trying to get work stuff all wrapped up and getting ready for surgery.
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 ugh I can only imagine! It's not like you have anything else to be worried about or stressed over! Work is always getting in the way...hats so great that your mom and sister will be coming to help out! I'm sure they'll definitely enjoy baby prepping :)

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Figured we could resurrect this thread to talk about things that are working for us. 

Today I took my baby jogger city mini gt double out for a spin and I really like it. I wish the tires were a little bigger but overall its nice . I'm pretty annoyed that it doesn't come with any accessories and all the accessories from my single are not compatable. Definitely worth checking out if your in the market for a monster double stroller. 
  • Options
    Good idea @lrwardrop.

I'm really loving the new camera/Monitor we purchased. It's the: Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens. You can control the camera from the monitor and add up to four cameras to the system. 

We were going to take our new double stroller out to the park today but we ended up going to Costco instead, so DS2 and I waited in the car because Memorial Day weekend and Costco is No Bueno, lol. We were gifted the Peg Perego Duette and I'm pretty excited to take it for a spin. 

Since we donated so many of DS1's items, swing, jumper, walker, I need to purchase again. Can anyone recommend a solid portable swing? If not, I may just purchase the same one we had: Comfort and Harmony Cozy Kingdom Portable Swing.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Glad to hear you like that camera, @mrsrep123. We got the same one, but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 We have the same camera! I was a little nervous about it, like maybe the reviews were fake? We haven't fully tested out our swing yet with inside baby and all, but we have the Ingenuity Convertme Swing-2-Seat that doubles as a bouncer/vibrating chair. I have played with it though and like it so far.
  • Options
    Can someone recommend a good umbrella stroller that doesn't cost $200? My mom likes to keep one in her car for DD, and she thinks that the one that she has is a little small. We're looking for something sturdy and not too big, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? 
  • Options
    @achays11 We have this one and love it. Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O20OCVC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_MbDkzb7J88C3Q

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @achays11 I have the Baby Trend Rocket Stroller. It's $50 on Amazon. It really like it because it's pretty sturdy and since DH and I are both taller, the handles are taller too. We've had this one for about 4 years and use it to travel with frequently and it has held up well! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @achays11 We have the grace breaze and have liked it a lot. And if you have a grace click connect car seat it can be used as a travel system. I have been considering getting a Urbini Reversi so I can have baby face me.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Anyone have the Baby Bjorn bouncer? I like that it can be used for a regular chair after the bouncer phase, but would love to hear your thoughts on the actual bouncer phase.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17