February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (11/7)

12345679»

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/7)

• Options
    Oh man @LivingLaVidaGinger that sucks! You guys stay safe!!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger I'm in SC and the smoke was really bad last week even down here. It's been so dry for so long! One of my old teachers lives up in the SC mountains and they've been watching the fire from their house for several days now but haven't needed to leave yet. Thankfully there was some rain yesterday and I'm praying for more to help out! You guys stay safe up there!!!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lfrank12 said:
    lfrank12 said:
    We spent the weekend visiting my parents in Cleveland. It was nice to do something different for a few days and thankfully it's only a two hour drive because I think any longer would get uncomfortable pretty quickly! I did probably indulge a little too much in eating since I don't get to have those places very often. The highlight was Swenson's, the drive-in burger place they have up there. @Partyof6? May be the only one on here who potentially has eaten there before but it's delicious and I love how old school it is - you pull up & park, they run out for your orders, and they bring it out on trays that hang on your car windows :)
    I'm in the Canton/Akron area  - we love swensons!!
    Me too! And I have never been there. I feel a little ashamed.  Well I'm a transplant from Cincy, we've lived here for about 6 years though. I'm trying to make myself sound better  :) 

@leslie1331 you should definitely try it sometime when you have a craving for burgers! As cheap as normal drive thru food but 10 times better!
    OMG, yes!   Swensons is awesome.   With my twins,  I ate a lot of double cheeseburgers and milkshakes from there ,  and it was my meal someone picked up for my first post delivery meal :-)  

@leslie1331, you need to try it.  Sounds like we have an Ohio mamas get together suggestion.  

@kswiger06, are you a fan too?  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My random is that I have ZERO motivation to work/teach today.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Starfish113 Teach? What is this teaching you speak of? My days have been consumed with counting down the days until my maternity cover arrives. I probably can't get away with seat work for the next 21 days, right?
  • Options
    @Starfish113 Teach? What is this teaching you speak of? My days have been consumed with counting down the days until my maternity cover arrives. I probably can't get away with seat work for the next 21 days, right?
    LOL seriously! We interviewed my permanent sub last week and I can't waiiiiiit!! She will come two weeks early so I will have her teach immediately. Then we have February vacation, then my due date. I'm so glad we have the holidays with lots of days off!
    Now I need to copy you and go count how many days are left for me....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    becbec28 said:
    @LivingLaVidaGinger I'm in SC and the smoke was really bad last week even down here. It's been so dry for so long! One of my old teachers lives up in the SC mountains and they've been watching the fire from their house for several days now but haven't needed to leave yet. Thankfully there was some rain yesterday and I'm praying for more to help out! You guys stay safe up there!!!
    I'm glad you all were able to have a little rain. The highest chance of rain we have so far is next Monday with a whopping 5%.. Unfortunately, they issued a code red air quality warning and urged everyone to stay indoors as much as possible, especially children, elderly, and pregnant women. They're talking about cancelling school until the air gets better but they haven't yet. I'm glad you're teacher hasn't had to leave! I think the fire is moving north towards us, the actual fire is all on the mountains and I'm in the valley just below them so fortunately I don't think I'll have to evacuate.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh. Looks like I failed my one hour glucose test just like last time. Going for the three hour on Friday morning. :-p. Hopefully I pass. :-/
  • Options
    LilyASF42 said:
    Ugh. Looks like I failed my one hour glucose test just like last time. Going for the three hour on Friday morning. :-p. Hopefully I pass. :-/
    Good luck!
  • Options
    tishb said:

When someone knows you're excited to have a little girl, but Ninja Turtles rules your boy-run home, this is what they give you as a gift  :)
    LMFAO that is an AWESOME gift! I loved TMNT when I was a little girl :-)
  • Options
    tishb said:

When someone knows you're excited to have a little girl, but Ninja Turtles rules your boy-run home, this is what they give you as a gift  :)
    Me too! Along with wrestling & tractors and all sorts of other non girly stuff
  • Options
    I was totally girly as a child, but I have 2 older sons and a husband that are all 3 obsessed with Ninja Turtles. I have come to love a lot of that boy stuff just by being a boy mom.  :D This little lady will have the best of both worlds!
  • Options
    tishb said:

My middle niece is also obsessed with Ninja Turtles while her sister both love everything girly. 

• Options

hope you guys are doing okay @LivingLaVidaGinger

hope you pass your 3 hr glucose test @LilyASF42!
  • Options
    My sis was obsessed with TMNT when we were kids. My DD is the same. She has a little frozen karaoke microphone thing and is always singing the TMNT theme song in it. We did TMNT as the theme for DD and DS combined bday party this year and while DS was thrilled, I think DD was loving it even more.
  • Options
    Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited November 2016
    DD wrong thread
  • Options
    @Spicyweiner that is fucked up. Im so sorry that happened to someone in your family. I'm glad he is safe now. People need to step up when they see crap like that. Minimum someone should have called cops/security.
  • Options
    Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited November 2016
    Poof