February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (11/7)

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/7)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsDramaK said:
    1. Passed my GTT (yay!)
    2. Got the TDAP and flu shot today- one in each arm and they are both burn-a-nating. 
    3. My mother effing HCT, HGB, and RBC went DOWN. WTF.
    Burn-a-nating like Trogdor the Burninator?

Burnanating the countryside, burnanating the peasants!

i kinda really heart you right now
  • Options
    @PerraSucia @Xstatic3333 thanks!! I will opt for the FSA
  • Options
    +1 to wanting a king size bed eventually. My husband is a bit of a restless sleeper and hogs the blankets allll the time which can be quite frustrating. I often wake up to having no blankets on me and have to wake him up so that he can untangle himself to give me some back. What a process.
    @concreteangell this is why my husband and I sleep with separate blankets in the same bed. It looks ridiculous but I make our bed with 2 sheets and 2 comforters that each only go halfway across the bed. Then we can both hog the blankets all we want. In the winter I often add another blanket to my side but DH doesn't like to be that warm. It's weird but it works for us. 
    I don't have a second comforter but I think we
     could manage 2 sheets. That's a great idea. I never even thought of doing that.... lol, I feel stupid. We'll see how that goes. Thanks! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    LilyASF42 said:
    MrsDramaK said:
    1. Passed my GTT (yay!)
    2. Got the TDAP and flu shot today- one in each arm and they are both burn-a-nating. 

Burnanating the countryside, burnanating the peasants!

i kinda really heart you right now
    Oh stop!  You're making me blush ;) 
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to king size bed and separate blankets. I don't make the bed like ever though, and if I do for some reasons I just put one over the other 
  • Options
    I love having a king size bed. We have one comforter and sheet but each have separate blankets. If I ever make the bed I fold them and put them at the end. But normally we are ok sharing a sheet but I certainly need my own blanket otherwise we both pull all night as we end up sleeping facing the opposite directions most nights and I like having my blanket over me and under my face. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsDramaK said:
    1. Passed my GTT (yay!)

Exactly. Knew I spelled it wrong.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    +1 to king size bed and separate blankets. I don't make the bed like ever though, and if I do for some reasons I just put one over the other 
    This is my exact life. We've never shared blankets in the ten-ish years we've been together. And we just graduated to a king size bed, which is amazing. When I make the bed, I just layer the two. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Beautiful!
  • Options
    @PerraSucia your bathroom is sexier than the intro to Careless Whisper. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I went on a $200 shopping spree for bedding today! So I literally got one bed set. Just one. 
    King sized shit is expensive.
    Especially out here when everywhere carries cal king 
  • Options
    I am in love with that @PerraSucia ! Good job!
  • Options
    foxrosy said:
    That weird feeling when you sneeze super hard and your vagina feels like it's gonna fall out....
    I predict someone will say it did. Dangling like an inside out sock.
    I almost spit out my coffee!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    +1 king size bed and for separate blankets!! Best decision ever!
  • Options
    King beds are amazing! Neither of us are blanket hogs, so we just have 1 comforter that we share. The sheets are crazy expensive, I usually go to Homegoods to get them a little cheaper. 
  • Options
    We have a california king but I still sleep as close to DH as possible! But we also have two dogs in the bed.... who we have been trying very hard to move to their dog beds before the baby comes.
  • Options
    Tonight, DH and I are touring our first day care.  Tomorrow at lunch, we're doing a second.  And, I have a third on my list that I didn't manage to get scheduled for this week.  I already know that one of them doesn't have an infant opening till next Summer (hoping that means June b/c that might actually work for us).  Hoping I can keep my emotional sh*t together during the visits.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Another +1 for king sized bed and separate blankets. When we stay in hotels I always ask for extra blankets because I hate sharing. If we could separate beds altogether I would consider it.
  • Options
    MLRocha said:
    Tonight, DH and I are touring our first day care.  Tomorrow at lunch, we're doing a second.  And, I have a third on my list that I didn't manage to get scheduled for this week.  I already know that one of them doesn't have an infant opening till next Summer (hoping that means June b/c that might actually work for us).  Hoping I can keep my emotional sh*t together during the visits.
    Good luck! We've already looked at 3 and eliminated 2 of them. I'm going to look at a few more in a couple weeks so that we can make our decision. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Would it be the end of the world if I had a turkey sub (from Publix, the local grocery store) that wasn't heated? It's Boar's Head meat if that makes a difference. I miss my turkey subs  :'(

• Options
    Would it be the end of the world if I had a turkey sub (from Publix, the local grocery store) that wasn't heated? It's Boar's Head meat if that makes a difference. I miss my turkey subs  :'(
    I have been eating sliced turkey meat this whole pregnancy... honestly it more dangerous to eat alot of fruits and veggies since they have been more recently contaminated. 
    Not heated? If so, my tummy thanks you!

• Options
    I have been eating sliced turkey meat this whole pregnancy... honestly it more dangerous to eat alot of fruits and veggies since they have been more recently contaminated. 
    Not heated? If so, my tummy thanks you!
    Yep, not heated. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    I've eaten a ton of deli subs. I feel like the risk is so low. There hasn't been a case of listeria in meat in forever and I crave them sometimes!!!
  • Options
    @imalwaysme79 I have seen four different OB's and a midwife for various pregnancies and none of them have ever recommended avoiding lunch meat. I know some people are more cautious but unless you're also avoiding things like ice cream and veggies you're still possibly being exposed.
  • Options
    I love all of you!  <3

• Options
    I love Publix!
  • Options
    Am I the only chicken who hasn't had cold lunch meat? Jimmy Johns sounds amazeballs but I haven't given in so far.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!