May 2017 Moms
Options

Holiday Deals!

Re: Holiday Deals!

• Options
    @hp_momma That's exactly what I was thinking! Haha
    I'm actually getting ready to use my registry completion discount online, so I'll just add it to my cart! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I love the idea of the wubbanub (plus they are so cute) but I don't like the pacifier that it comes with. Someone in my previous BMB  makes them with any pacifier brand which I think is what we will do. I do love $5 gift cards though :)
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My two year old still loves his wubbanubs!  So excited to see the gift card offer since we need some new ones for baby girl.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • Options
    starphish18starphish18 member
    edited March 2017
    Boppy pillow, only $13.98 at Target. Only a couple left.
    https://www.target.com/p/boppy-slipcovered-nursing-pillow-colorful-chevron/-/A-17301589

I grabbed one. I had a My Brest Friend on my registry and figured I'd add the Boppy if items got low (since so many of you recommended getting both), but this was too cheap to pass up.
  • Options
    @starphish18 - I bought an extra boppy at a consignment sale just so I could have one in our room and one out in the house. I like to think I'm pretty thrifty, but anything that makes life easier on you when you're taking care of a newborn is worth throwing a few bucks at! 
  • Options
    The Moby Evolution (the cooler bamboo version) is on clearance again at Target. $17.48 for the cloud color (I got this and it's a light gray, doesn't look cream like the picture). Seriously, can't beat that price for a brand new Moby.

https://www.target.com/p/moby-174-evolution-wrap-baby-carrier/-/A-51122586
  • Options
    @lrwardrop Oh my gosh, the deliveries...I warned my H that I'd be getting packages from Target for the next 5ish days because I seriously had bought a single item from them 5 days in a row. But the deals! $18 for a brand new Moby is what you'd find a used one for!
  • Options
    For those looking for a Wubbanub alternative that can be used with all pacifiers, I came across this recently on Amazon!
    https://www.amazon.com/Nookums-Paci-Plushies-Elephant-Universal-Pacifier/dp/B00BVYAH3Y/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1490903614&sr=8-2&keywords=pacifier+buddy 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    bacorreabacorrea member
    edited March 2017
    I ran into Target today and all of the Lansinoh is Buy 3 get $5 GC. 
  • Options
    Kipperoo said:
    For those looking for a Wubbanub alternative that can be used with all pacifiers, I came across this recently on Amazon!
    https://www.amazon.com/Nookums-Paci-Plushies-Elephant-Universal-Pacifier/dp/B00BVYAH3Y/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1490903614&sr=8-2&keywords=pacifier+buddy 
    We loved these!!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @bacorrea oooh I do need to stock up on nursing pads. And i may try one of their soothie pads. I read they dont last very long though

• Options
    pshaortao said:
    @bacorrea oooh I do need to stock up on nursing pads. And i may try one of their soothie pads. I read they dont last very long though
    Their soothie pads were great! They don't last super long but I think they were still worth it! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    I got some to try out! 
  • Options
    @bacorrea do you remember how long they lasted? I was prescribed a diff one at the hospital for $10 and they were glorious and lasted about 6-7 days. 

• Options
    pshaortao said:
    @bacorrea do you remember how long they lasted? I was prescribed a diff one at the hospital for $10 and they were glorious and lasted about 6-7 days. 
    It stayed cold for 6-7 days?! 
    These only stayed cold for like an hour or so but I'd just pop them back in the freezer throughout the day. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @pshaortao oh I bought the soothie gel pads. They say 72 hour use on the box. 
  • Options
    Thanks @bacorrea! The ones I got didn't stay cold the whole time. I popped them in the fridge too when I wasn't using them.  They started to dry out and lose that magical soothing feeling by the end of the week

• Options
    For gel soothies, how long did you use those? The first couple weeks?
  • Options
    For gel soothies, how long did you use those? The first couple weeks?
    Yes! And then again when I was weaning from breastfeeding and your dealing with some engorgement pain again. 

@pshaortao I never noticed them loose their soothing feeling! I used the same ones again when I weaned 11 months later! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @starphish18 I used them for about two weeks!

@hp_momma really! The lasinoh brand? We weaned so slowly so when we were done we were just done. I was anticipating engorgment and mastitis like everybody talked about. I'm realllllly hoping for the same with LO. 

• Options
    That was the same way with me @pshaortao but I think it's because I slowly cut BF out and by the time we were finishing up I just cut one early AM feed. No issues at all. 
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    That was the same way with me @pshaortao but I think it's because I slowly cut BF out and by the time we were finishing up I just cut one early AM feed. No issues at all. 
    Ditto to this!

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    I didn't have a single engourged, weaning issue either.  I slowly dropped pumps (and she dropped bottles) at 1 year. I cut her off from the boob over the course of the 2nd year and eventually stopped our one last bedtime feed when she turned 2.  I often wonder if I even had anything left by then or if she was just using me as a pacifier.  I've never been a leaker or anything.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Kinderwagon hop is on Zulily.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    chickyclg said:
    Kipperoo said:
    We loved these!!
    I just searched a couple of our threads to find this link!! They have a rhino!! H loves rhinos and we can hardly find any for the nursery! So, now instead of a giraffe one (I love giraffes) I'm going to order this one! So excited! :) Its the little things...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    I just received these samples from signing up with Enfamil espire family beginnings. It took a month or two to get. I have also got many $10 coupons and monthly belly badges for baby.
  • Options
    starphish18starphish18 member
    edited April 2017
    I just received these samples from signing up with Enfamil espire family beginnings. It took a month or two to get. I have also got many $10 coupons and monthly belly badges for baby.
    Jealous! I signed up for that months ago and got the belly badges and one coupon so far, but no samples. I'm still hoping they'll come.
  • Options
    mspacman34mspacman34 member
    edited April 2017
    @starphish18 Hopefully, it is coming soon! I also signed up for Simlac Strong Moms and have yet to receive anything from them. ETA: Except they did e-mail a code for a free Shutterfly book!
  • Options
    Honest co. Bundles are buy one get one free right now. I did this a month or two ago. Basically you pay for one bundle and then the next month they send you your free one. You cancel the subscription easily online and can change the contents of your package . 
  • Options
    lrwardrop said:
    Honest co. Bundles are buy one get one free right now. I did this a month or two ago. Basically you pay for one bundle and then the next month they send you your free one. You cancel the subscription easily online and can change the contents of your package . 
    @mamatowildones since you you love honest co ^^

• Options
    This isn't so much of a deal but a FYI, Stride Rite is apparently going online only! I went to what is apparently the last store open in VA this weekend. The employees said they are all going online. Their whole store was 50% off!  
  • Options
    pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited April 2017
    @bacorrea now where will I go to get those tiny feet measured?! Lol. I took DD in at least 2-3x a year just for that so we could make sure she was wearing the right size. 

ETA: Ha. So I just checked my local mom group. Apparently the last stride rite in my area closed for good last week.  Oh well

• Options
    @pshaortao I bought a cheapie shoe sizer online. It's called something dumb like squatchie? It was maybe $5. Not having to go fight the shoe fight in public is awesome. I just plop kiddo on at home.  

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    Kids shoes: I just read this tip online: if you're're in a pinch, trace an outline of their foot on paper & take it with you to the store sans kid! (Haven't tried it, not sure how well that'd work, I'd imagine some returns involved, but just sharing the idea!)
  • Options
    This isn't a specific deal, but I wanted to RAVE about Stroller Depot (.com) where I just ordered our double stroller. 

I called a few weeks back with a laundry list of questions, and Hilary was SO HELPFUL and even offered a coupon code when I asked about deals. I decided to go ahead and place my order online this week, and chose an older model stroller (2014 and 2016 were available) because the price was lower. I used a coupon code I found online (12% instead of the 10% she had offered) and was pleased with the final price.  

Turns out, they are out of the older model, but she said they 'stand by their customers' and would honor the lower price (including coupon code) and send me the NEWER MODEL!!!! The difference is almost $200. After many bad customer experiences at other stores, this is AMAZING to me! 
  • Options
    If anyone has been waiting on buying a Chicco car seat or stroller, it's all on sale at Target next week. The Keyfit30 specifically is $40 off, and everything else should be discounted too. 
  • Options
    Milk Snob is on zulily today.