May 2017 Moms
Options

What's up for the weekend??

I know this isn't a proper daily thread, but in the spirit of the upcoming Halloween weekend...what's everyone up to? And if you are dressing up (for the weekend or Halloween), what as? The second question is selfish because I still do not have a plan for my costume for Monday for my work Halloween party and I need some inspiration...
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: What's up for the weekend??

• Options
    I guess me first! Our town is doing a little Halloween celebration on Sunday evening (with kids events and trick or treating), so we will likely do that if the weather holds up. As mentioned in the original post, I have NO CLUE what I'm dressing up as for Halloween. Planning to take my 2 year old trick or treating on Monday. He is super excited because they've been teaching them at daycare how to knock on doors and scream "TRICK OR TREAT!" and he can't wait to actually do it...he's been practicing all over the house. He's dressing as a flamingo because that's currently his favorite animal and I think it will make for funny pictures to show him in the future. 
  • Options

DS1's school is doing a trunk or treat tomorrow. It's my first time ever attending one, but I plan to decorate our van in a Lorax theme. He will be dressed as superman and DS2 as a chocolate chip cookie. I am still indecisive about whether or not to dress up myself. DH is not a fan of costumes, so he will not be dressing up. There is also a BOO at the Zoo event where the kids can do dressed in their costumes and they have extra fall activities for them. My plan is to go there in the morning and hopefully both boys nap in between events.

Sunday is not a Halloween related event at all. My dad just got back from Mexico last night and my nephew should be released form the hospital today (after an appendectomy). So Sunday we are having a welcome home dinner for both. 

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a packed weekend and I get tired just thinking about it. Tonight is Boo at the Zoo with DD1's BFF from daycare. Tomorrow we have hair appointments, then we may go see the local orchestra do a fun kids concert, then we may go out for dinner (adults only) for a friends birthday. Sunday we have a kids birthday party and DH will be at a bike race, so I'll be taking both kids solo. Monday, of course, is trick or treating. We don't dress up anymore, but DD1 is a princess and DD2 is a strawberry. Okay, I need a nap already!
  • Options
    I'm working til Sunday but I'll be home for Halloween. Our neighborhood is huge for trick-or-treating. we get hundreds of kids and it's so much fun. DD is going to be a voodoo doll, DS is a pirate, and I'm going to be a Ghost Host ( from the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland). Actually my profile pic is the Ghost Host costume I wore last year.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Options
    FlyChick --genius! I'm totally going as a voodoo doll for my work Halloween party. I think I can cobble that together which crap I have laying around the house. And it won't be uncomfortable to wear at work all day because I can wear leggings and a dress! :-) 
  • Options
    My ILs and some of my family are all coming into town this weekend.  Luckily only SIL is staying with us but it is going to be a big weekend of entertaining.  Saturday morning my cousin and her husband (who are coming to town to see the Broncos play) and my aunt (who lives about an hour away) are all coming to my house for brunch.  Luckily H scheduled golf for he and his family so I won't be cooking for a giant group.  On Saturday night the ILs and I are going to dinner (which is good because it gives me an excuse not to go drinking with my cousin, who doesn't know I'm pregnant).  Sunday my MIL and I are taking DS to our Boo at the Zoo and H is going to the Bronco's game with my family.  

I'm kind of exhausted thinking about it.
  • Options
    I'm off of work all weekend! Hello relaxation! No Halloween plans until Monday we're taking DD trick or treating for about an hour! She's dressing as Elsa from Frozen! I am not dressing up this year! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    Well, DH will be watching the Cubs game tonight (and tomorrow night, and Sunday night), so once DS is in bed, I'll be eating pizza and reading my book :) Tomorrow, we're doing a family photo shoot for DS's first birthday! I also got a sign from Etsy that says "My role as an only child is coming to an end, mommy's due with my new best friend! May 2017," so we're going to incorporate that into some of the pics for our eventual announcement. As for Halloween, DS will be a viking. We don't have actual Halloween plans, since he's too little for candy and goes to bed pretty early, but we will definitely put him in his costume and take many pictures!
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    Tonight we have MH's football game. Tomorrow we are taking DD to a trick-or-treat even at the local children's museum then off to LA for lunch with my family for my aunt's birthday. Saturday night I am going to the bar MH works at for their Halloween party and I am dressing as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Sunday I have the CHOC walk and then Disneyland. DD might trick-or-treat around my grandparent's neighborhood a bit, but mostly we're just doing a party at their house. She is going to be Rey and I am going to be a Jedi. 
  • Options
    Weekend/Halloween plans so far:
    I'm hoping to hear back from my OB about taking a safer medication for a bacterial infection (fun stuff).
    DH is going to let me practice his face paint and decide if he wants to wear a mask or not on Halloween. 
    Might stop by and help my SMIL with SIL's wedding cake...she's getting married for the 2nd time on Halloween and I make some killer gumpaste roses. Although I like doing cupcakes more than cakes.
    And for Halloween we are going to my nieces' (2 and 3) trick or treating birthday party and then to SIL's wedding and then we'll be ducking out to do some trick or treating of our own with DD, she's only 1 1/2, but she'll be dressed as a sun sprite and she loves this sort of thing.
  • Options
    @Squirtgun so jealous!  Love Adele!

@kayemjay2 I would love to see a pic of that sign.  That sounds super cute!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    onebadmothaonebadmotha member
    edited October 2016
    @JonesBaby0624 - It was this design:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/188530328/customized-only-child-expiring-pregnancy?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pregnancy%20announcement%20sibling&ref=sr_gallery_37

It's a digital file, and I had it printed on wood at Walgreens- which I had no idea they offered, but it's awesome! It was like $12.00 for an 8x10 on wood with same day pick up!

Edited to fix the link!

*formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    Busy weekend for us. Tonight we're going out to celebrate my best friend's son's birthday. Tomorrow night is his actual party and the kids are dressing up in their costumes. Tomorrow during the day I need to clean our house and do some grocery shopping. Sunday I'm taking DS to our local boo in the zoo. I have some Halloween treats to make for our little get together on Halloween. We invite all the grandparents over to eat and go trick or treating since DS is the only grandchild on both sides. Everyone wants to see him dressed up. 
  • Options
    Tonight we're going to a fall festival at our neighbor's church. Saturday, I really need get my crap together for our vacation. We leave on Tuesday and I am super behind on laundry and need to clean my house so that the poor girl watching our dogs isn't completely horrified. Sunday, we always have dinner at the inlaws.
    And Monday is trick or treating, which I'm super excited for. Our street always has a big get together before we go with chili and corn bread and cider. I am a little bummed that mine will contain no alcohol this year. DS is going as a little dinosaur and he's been practicing yelling trick or treat for a month, so it should be fun.
  • Options
    @kayemjay2 Walgreens prints on wood for that cheap?!
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7 - It was originally $20 for the 8x10, but I googled and found a 40% off coupon code! 
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    edited October 2016
    DH and I are high school youth leaders so Tonight we are doing an all night "lock in" with 50-60 high schoolers (basically all night of hanging out, games, craziness until 7 am). Tomorrow I'm taking DD to the pumpkin patch and then we will carve pumpkins tomorrow night. Sunday church and finishing Halloween costumes. For Halloween we do trunk or treat so we will decorate our trunk and pass out candy. We are going as Monsters Inc characters (I'm Mike, DH is sully, and DD is Boo). We might take her to a few of the trunks, she's not really old enough to do it yet so we will see (21 months) 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We did Trunk or Treating at my husbands work last weekend. This weekend we will be carving pumpkins, doing some Halloween crafts, and watching football! 
    For Halloween our neighborhood is supposedly amazing. This is our first year here and all anyone talks about is Halloween in the neighborhood. Apparently there is even "adult trick-or-treating" stations with adult beverages so I'm sad I won't get to participate in that this year. But I'm excited to take the girls trick-or-treating. I feel like they are both at such a fun age and they know what's going on (2 and 4). My 2 year old is dressing up as a cat and my 4 year old is her favorite Officer Hopps from Zootopia. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    My amazing DH woke me up at 6 am to tell me he is going hunting and I couldn't fall back asleep. Today we are going to a family friends wedding- planning on telling the rest of my family before it starts too so it will be nice to be out! 2 DD's are spending the night at In-laws so looking forward to a quiet morning- Sunday is church, football, and trunk or treat- I am already exhausted! 
  • Options
    We spent yesterday at Boo at the Zoo. Today we are probably going to a festival. Sunday is church and probably just chilling.

I have SO MUCH candy for the trick or treaters yall. I told my husband any extra is going in Christmas stockings :D
  • Options
    Loving everyone's Halloween plans! Apparently we are completely ignoring it this year. No costumes for us. We were considering a long time ago dressing MH as Steven Avery from Making A Murderer and then me as his GF. Really only because MH kind of resembles him when his hair is long and if he grew the right facial hair. But it's just too hard lol. 

We're headed now to Notre Dame to watch the ND vs Miami game with some friends. This may be my first time at a college FB game sober so we'll see how this goes! Luckily the weather is perfect - I was worried about being freezing since I can't drink any beer!

I work 7a-8p on Monday so I will even miss the trick or treaters! 
  • Options
    Watching the Cubs
  • Options
    Late to the party because I was out of town this weekend. We traveled from home to Durham, NC to see a friend and to see FUN HOME (which we missed in NYC on our last trip). The show was SO good, and I would recommend it to everyone if it comes to your city! 

My halloween costume is a handpainted t-shirt that says 'Go Ceilings.' (I'm a ceiling fan... *rimshot*)
  • Options
    flychick-2flychick-2 member
    edited October 2016
    @emilyalso haha! I like that.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2