December 2016 Moms

Randoms 10/25

12345679»

Re: Randoms 10/25

• That is awesome @PharmDMom <3 Always love to hear good news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ea301 said:
    I think it's pretty common to not know the baby's name until very late in the game. I feel like girl names are really hard for some reason. Ours didn't have a name until many, many hours after her birth. Before heading to the hospital, we had it narrowed down to 5 options with 7 different middle names, and eventually it was the lactation consultant who helped me decide between the final two. (Don't tell my husband that... haha)
    I had two or three girl names ready to go before we found out we're having a boy. We've had the toughest time coming up with names, but we have 2 solid first name choices, 1 more name that's a maybe (I love it but he's not sure), and no middle names that are for sure with either first name option. I have a feeling our days in the hospital will be filled with us repeating names over and over in hopes that something just feels right. Kinda stressed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I just finished the Gilmore Girls reboot and I am a little disappointed with how they ended Rory's storyline. I really wanted, in 10 years, for all of them to have grown up and stopped running from conflicts and making stupid decisions, and I feel like Rory's story line just shows she hasn't learned shit in 10 years. I may be taking this way to personally, lol.
  • I feel like I'm the only chick in the country that has never seen Gilmore Girls. Wondering if it's worth starting from the beginning? 
  • @Lisa3379 I'm the second chick that hasn't watched it  :)
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Ok you four you should TOTALLY watch it from the beginning. You might ocassionally get annoyed with how they seem incapable of making normal decisions and can be overly dramatic, but the dialogue is usually pretty funny. 
  • Also, it might depend on your age on whether or not you relate to it, or for that matter, which Gilmore girl you relate to the most. I think I probably found it so awesome because I started watching it early high school, and Rory was around the same age as me, and in the reboot she's 32 (I'm 31), so in the original series it was easy to relate(or in some cases just live vicariously through) to Rory and her experiences, or her hopes and dreams, etc.
  • SmashJam said:
    Ok you four you should TOTALLY watch it from the beginning. You might ocassionally get annoyed with how they seem incapable of making normal decisions and can be overly dramatic, but the dialogue is usually pretty funny. 
    Agreed! It's also "family friendly" and an easy one to watch while nursing, etc (easy to interrupt and pick back up on). It totally gets a little over the top sometimes, but overall enjoyable.

@SmashJam I'm on episode 3, but I'm kind of disappointed too...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My GG thoughts: my sister used to love the show when we were growing up, but the rapid-fire dialogue always annoyed me, so I never got into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot someday, but I have so many other shows ahead of it in the queue. (Right now I'm working on Twin Peaks, which is a super great follow-up if you're mourning being done with Stranger Things, by the way!) I have been giggling at all the editorials mourning Rory's poor life choices in this new season though.

Oh, and is anyone else super excited about Fuller House Season 2? :lol:
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon I'm excited for season 2 of fuller house! it comes out the day I'll probably get home from the hospital so...I know what I'll be doing!

I might watch GG from the beginning...I occasionally watched it in high school but was never really into it. but I'll need something to do on maternity leave!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!