December 2016 Moms

Randoms 10/25

Re: Randoms 10/25

• As a FTM interviewing pediatricians for my baby today made me feel like I had crossed a whole new threshold of adulthood. Everything went well, though. My biggest disappointment with the experience was that I didn't come away with a clear favorite - I liked both practices for different reasons and because I went without DH it has to essentially come down to my decision. It all comes down to whether I prefer a mom and pop type practice or a practice that is an extension of Childrens'.  :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I ordered my Breast Pump today (medela) through my insurance and then accessories (bottles and such) through FSA! It feels so good to get $400 worth of "free" stuff after paying so much for baby stuff and paying a ridiculous amount for insurance.
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• For those looking for a ped now... should I be calling mine to schedule their first appointment after birth, or how does that go?

I am just going with my general practitioner, as she is a family doctor and sees kids and adults. I met with her after getting my BFP to ask some questions/get a possible OB referral (she used to be an OB), and she said that they would gladly accept the baby as a new patient after they're born.

Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Austenista  Austenista member
    edited October 2016
    @kacie209 I interviewed with two pediatric practices yesterday, and they simply said I need to call and set up an appointment after the birth and that they'd like to see the baby within 2-3 days (after you come home from the hospital). I asked when I needed to communicate to them and that's all they needed. However, my hospital/OB wants to know who I'm using asap, they said I needed to let them know between my 34-36th weeks. The pediatrician's office/doctors I'm ultimately going with looks in on baby and mom while they're still in the hospital (really close in vicinity to each other, obviously). 

In your case, I would say, just communicate with them and see how much notice they require and how quickly they want to do that first appointment with baby. 

***One of the offices informed me yesterday that you need to notify your insurance/enroll your baby as soon as possible and to not let 30 days roll by. I was assuming the insurance would be notified at the birth with the charges and every sort of thing that goes down with that. They will want a social security number to formally enroll, but she said to start communicating with them as quickly as you possibly can because you can incur non-coverage issues when it comes to first appointments that are a headache to work through/pay for out of pocket. This was something I didn't know and wouldn't have thought about at all, so I'm so glad she warned me. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • From now until rest of the work day, they have the "bring your kids around for Halloween candy" event. I love seeing the costumes, but now I feel like I can't slack off on a Friday since people will be walking by my desk, ha.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• @PensiveCrayon, yes ma'am!!! Did you do cloth? I did that foamy paper, but yes it wasn't folding well. Oh well, people that knew the character were able to tell. Yours looks awesome!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Just realized my belly button is dark brown, and now I can't stop looking at it. Also, it's still an innie and I wonder if it will ever "pop". I know some people's don't. (Late night random thoughts haha)
  • @pensivecrayon @queenklau I have a stupid question. What are you? It looks like a shark to me but I wasn't sure if it was a video game reference or something. I still have to get a costume together for my school on Monday and I could do this...and bonus points if it's something "cool" the kids might know. 
  • @cgss11, it's chomp from Nintendo. Haha, the people that aren't familiar all thought it was a shark too! 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• @queenklau Ahh! I do know who that is. Not sure if my students would, but I could just go with shark then haha. Thanks!
  • @queenklau I got a bunch of felt from Michael's and duct taped it on because I didn't want to ruin my one black maternity tank! :lol:
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • This kid is still all over the place. Hiccups in a different spot every day. Settle in lil gal!
    Mine too! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Third attempt at a prison break last night...through my left side! Every night Squish tries to push out through my left side. Never my belly or right side, the left. Kid, I hate to tell you this but that's not how this works...
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @phoenix870509 Bubba tries the same thing all the time, but through the right. Don't these kids understand they're supposed to live in he middle! I always tell her him A) he's not allowed to come out yet and B) that's not the exit. Sometimes I wonder about this kid's intelligence.  :p
  • dmontgo said:
    DH and I were talking about Christmas and getting new stockings for the whole family. Suddenly he asked, "Do we get stockings  that say Mom and Dad now?"

It was such a strange realization for me that I will be called Mom, not my name. I'm not sure I'm ready for such a huge identity shift. It's so strange and honestly... scary. Whoa.
    I legitimately had this same thought yesterday and it freaked me out a little bit! 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Adult stockings in our house have our names, not mom and dad. that's how my parents did things growing up too. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @LinziLoo09 I can create an AE and start a troll thread for you to contribute to if you'd like ;) Sorry to hear about your terrible weekend!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @Lisa3379 - oh I didn't catch that you teach economics. This recent freakanomics podcast was my favorite ever ever. https://freakonomics.com/podcast/in-praise-of-maintenance/
    (I just love to share with anyone that may not roll their eyes at me!)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast The Freakanomics podcast is on my list of podcasts to start! I'll probably have more time once Little Dude is born. I'm currently obsessed with crime podcasts, but I'll have to check that one out
  • Lisa3379 said:
    @slartybartfast The Freakanomics podcast is on my list of podcasts to start! I'll probably have more time once Little Dude is born. I'm currently obsessed with crime podcasts, but I'll have to check that one out
    That episode is my be.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Speaking of podcasts, the last two episodes of This American Life have been great:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/599/seriously

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/600/will-i-know-anyone-at-this-party

Disclaimer - they are politics/election related
  • @dmontgo - my "moment" this week was at our labor and delivery class yesterday.  We took a tour of the hospital and when i saw the babies in the nursery I was like "omg I'm going to take one of those HOME with me".
  • Ours don't have names and are delightfully non matchy... but I say just keep your names! 

My water has only broken once prior to labor and another 2x during labor and a nurse broke the other... everytime I knew it broke with out question! It was actually very startling and felt like a balloon popping or some similar sensation. You will know it! Maybe unless it's a slow leak. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• I ordered a stocking for Scarlett, but we're keeping our stockings as they are with our names. Mostly because I'm too cheap to replace perfectly good ones lol.