January 2017 Moms
Options

Facebook Group - It's time!

Re: Facebook Group - It's time!

• Options
    Pm me @megan.r.lamb 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Super late to the party, and I admittedly haven't been on here much lately, but the idea of a FB group is infinitely more appealing to me. Would love an invite if I pass muster!!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Met 11/1/2013
    Engaged 10/14/2014
    Married 10/14/2015
    BFP 04/24/2016, EDD 1/4/2017
  • Options
    Oh boo. I just saw the comment above and I doubt I'll mske the cut. I was pretty active until August and then decided I'd get back on here (made a big AW post and all) but I hate the App so I never do but to lurk :( oh well - please let me know if I make the cut. Can I have my n14 moms group vouch I'm not a creepy catfish :( 
  • Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I keep meaning to be more active here I just always forget to open the app 
    I remember you!! like I said in my post, the way we're going about this is that several people need to feel that they have interacted with you regularly, but as long as others feel the same, it's not too late for you (or anyone else) to get an invite.  keep checking in and interacting with us on the other threads! as long as you're doing that, it shouldn't be too long :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @karaelaine1991 awesome thank you. This whole pregnancy is so much different from my first- and part of that has been a bit of baby blues (I think? Preterm baby blues?) and so between that and having to use the mobile app bc I can't bump at work I just fell off the wagon. 
  • Options
    @emilyn2012 my post was definitely not about you ;-) 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo I doubted it would be- I'd have to be more active haha!- I just felt bad coming in here like ohhhh can I join?!? When I've been on maybe 5-10 times in the last 2.5 months 
  • Options
    @karaelaine1991 awesome thank you. This whole pregnancy is so much different from my first- and part of that has been a bit of baby blues (I think? Preterm baby blues?) and so between that and having to use the mobile app bc I can't bump at work I just fell off the wagon. 
    I can relate - I was so much more focused on being pregnant when I was pregnant with DD and this time, pregnancy is really kind of just in the background for me.  I am on here fairly often but nowhere near what I was last time! I'm sorry to hear you might be having baby blues :( i hope things start looking up and that if things get worse, consider therapy.  I had PPA after DD was born and therapy was so helpful to me!
  • Options
    @emilyn2012 I remember you!
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @karaelaine1991 I know it's awful but part of me just keeps being like- but I'm not sad or actively anxious it's just my personality on steroids but I talked to some other girls from my first birth month group and they kinda smacked me on the head and were like yeah no- you might still benefit from talking to a dr- I have an appt Monday and I will mention it but probably won't do anything unless it continues after baby is born. 

@HJMorgan I remember you too. It's so weird how I lose my keys daily but I remember bump user names... 
  • Options
    emilyn2012emilyn2012 member
    edited October 2016
    Dumb question- on the off chance I do get a pm to be added where the heck do I find those :/ 

eta: never mind got it 
  • Options
    I just have to say something and I am trying to be as polite as possible. The Facebook admins have been very nice in their explanations so far but some people aren't taking the hints so I just need to say this. If the heat comes my way whatever I think it needs to be said:

Seeing people literally come out of no where and continually ask and then start to demand to be added to the Facebook group after the Facebook admins have repeatedly explained their process kind of creeps me out. If you don't have any lovetits it is because no one here recognizes you. Why the desperation that you are demanding a PM when you know you have not fulfilled even the bare minimum of requirements to get in, and in your attempts to do so have actually revealed you know nothing about the culture of this board? I understand if you don't want to be left out, because who does? But I promise it's not personal -unless you actually are a creepy person -which I'm not saying you definitely are - it's just that we have to have a chance to get to know you and you are not giving us much to work with. Think of it the other way - don't you want to be a part of a group where the safety for your family is the top priority? Then quit being impatient, prove you are an actual member of the group and just wait your turn. 

/endrant

I'm not on Facebook so it doesn't matter for me, but I really love the regular ladies on this board and I am very glad the Facebook admins are taking their time to make the group safe. 
    I just feel like I want to something in case that was directed at me since I did send a PM a few days ago.  I know there are discussions going on behind the scenes, so people involved in that are clear on what the process is, but as someone who is following this thread to find out what's going on, I was confused about the protocol and was just asking for clarification.  Further posts here have cleared up what's going on, but that wasn't the case when I PMd.

Anywho.  I do appreciate the efforts being made here and am sitting tight to see what happens.

• Options
    @justjaney not about you either :) 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    @justjaney not about you either :) 
    I appreciate that!
  • Options
    @justjaney, I've been PMing with over 60 people the past 3 days, sorry if I didn't get back to you. It's been a little crazy in my inbox. I'm going to be looking when I get home from work; I have a list of people I'm waiting on approval for that I left at home that I spent most of Monday creating and didn't have time to redo today.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    PMForbie said:
    @justjaney, I've been PMing with over 60 people the past 3 days, sorry if I didn't get back to you. It's been a little crazy in my inbox. I'm going to be looking when I get home from work; I have a list of people I'm waiting on approval for that I left at home that I spent most of Monday creating and didn't have time to redo today.
    Ack! I'm sorry -- I wasn't upset about the nonresponse.  I feel like my questions were addressed here in the thread.

I definitely don't envy this process.  I have a hard time keeping up with just the board in general, let alone organizing this kind of venture.
  • Options
    canavara said:
    I feel like the kind of person that post is directed at won't be back here to even see it to or will just blindly skim over it :) (totally agree though)
    TBH I really did write it with one person in mind but I couldn't just call her specifically out on the off chance she really would actually participate. It was only when she started actually getting demanding that I couldn't take it anymore - given her history I am sure she will come back atleast once more and call me a mean girl. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    I would be interested in the Facebook group if I make the cut!
  • Options
    PMForbie said:

@aishmc @emma61210 @urbanorchidgirl @BrennansMom2012 @Teach123 @HJMorgan @newyearsbaby5 @Kelsey62 @gapeachrn @colleenkevin @sherrera92 @rdh33 @BriannaE129129 @vegempis @hayhay87 YGPM

Still working through the requests, but I gotta take a break for a bit to do my actual work ;)

I'm sending to those who have been approved by admins and have been regularly posting on the bump the last 2 months (outside of HDBD). Due to the intimacy that comes with Facebook, you need to be an active regular on here before you can join the FB group. If you have only dropped by a few times, are new to this BMB, or this is the first time we've seen your name, you won't be getting an invite right now. If you become more active in the next month, we can reassess FB status.

I haven't been on here as much due to the fact my laptop is crap and the app doesn't work on my jobs WiFi (security issues), however we didn't have requirements for our July 2015 group that I'm aware of. Facebook would be a heck of alot easier for me to be active in, as it's taking me forever just even type this out on my phone now.

• Options
    I would be interested in joining if possible! I can't download this app due to storage issues but I am on Facebook easily and I can still go on here with the laptop or on Safari...I need a new phone but we close on our house on Monday and priorities  :p
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Would love to join the Facebook group. even tho I check the bump a couple times a day sometimes, Facebook is my go to! 
    You should've gotten a PM a few days ago! sorry, I tried to tag you in a post but I probably missed a number in your username.  check your inbox :)
  • Options
    Hi! I'd like to be added if pissible, I'm much more active on the IF and PAIF boards but post occasionally here but constantly am reading over here, though I have to admit, I glean more information from you guys than I provide! Anyway, either way, I hope people stick around over here, esp you STMs!!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    Got it! thanks!
  • Options
    Hi! Haven't received a PM, will someone vouch that I have been active in this group since the start? Friday ticker ladies? Thx!! @PMForbie @karaelaine1991
  • Options
    PMForbie said:

@aishmc @emma61210 @urbanorchidgirl @BrennansMom2012 @Teach123 @HJMorgan @newyearsbaby5 @Kelsey62 @gapeachrn @colleenkevin @sherrera92 @rdh33 @BriannaE129129 @vegempis @hayhay87 YGPM

Still working through the requests, but I gotta take a break for a bit to do my actual work ;)

I'm sending to those who have been approved by admins and have been regularly posting on the bump the last 2 months (outside of HDBD). Due to the intimacy that comes with Facebook, you need to be an active regular on here before you can join the FB group. If you have only dropped by a few times, are new to this BMB, or this is the first time we've seen your name, you won't be getting an invite right now. If you become more active in the next month, we can reassess FB status.

I haven't been on here as much due to the fact my laptop is crap and the app doesn't work on my jobs WiFi (security issues), however we didn't have requirements for our July 2015 group that I'm aware of. Facebook would be a heck of alot easier for me to be active in, as it's taking me forever just even type this out on my phone now.
    That's great that your July 15 group felt comfortable with no regulations.  We do not.  The admins of the group have agreed on a procedure for accepting members to the group.  I personally don't recognize your username - doesn't mean you aren't active, but if I haven't interacted with you prior to now, I personally am not going to vouch for you to join our group.  If enough other people in the group do recognize you, you'll get an invite. This has been our system for every single other person and we'll be sticking to it. 
    Okay, that's all I was curious on. Also I just found out a month ago we were expecting again, hence why I'm not as active and my phone app sucks. I was pretty active in the 2015 group but my laptop worked better then. It's been hard trying to get on here on my phone.

• Options
    Not sure my posting active will make the initial cut, but would love the opportunity to be a part of the FB group. Definitely harder this pregnancy to be as active but loved my April 2013 FB group from the bump.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker