January 2017 Moms

Facebook Group - It's time!

Re: Facebook Group - It's time!

• I just got moved to jan baby grom feb so i was in another group until my induction date is on jan 30. Can i join fb group? Jessica loye  belcher is my fb name
  • Loading the player...
  • I would love to join if it isn't too late! I'm a July 15 mommy who's ff 7/15 mommy group is going strong but is a bit homeless for this little one who's coming any day. Well... Hopefully! Lol. Edd 1/26. The mobile app has kept me from participating actively too
    BFP - 10/28/2014!

EDD 7/13/2015

Ultra Sound 12/2 @ 8+1 measuring 8+4

• WhiteSun said:
    I would love to join if it isn't too late! I'm a July 15 mommy who's ff 7/15 mommy group is going strong but is a bit homeless for this little one who's coming any day. Well... Hopefully! Lol. Edd 1/26. The mobile app has kept me from participating actively too
    I'm a July 15 momma too! Lol I love our Facebook group too!

• I asked to join in this thread a couple weeks ago and haven't heard back? I was hoping someone could send me the name of the FB group?
  • @kimberlyh90 For privacy/security in order to get invited to the group you have to be approved by so many members already. That depends on how active and regular you've been on the forum.
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan i think I am pretty regular on here. I just hope someone responds to my pm because I'm a ftm with tons of questions and it feels like everyone left the app!!
  • @ashleysparkle720 can you PM me group info? I am active on my March FB group and would love a January home too! 
  • Ok I must have logged in with a different email- my main name is ksimone!  Ha!
  • @HJMorgan @AshleySparkle720 I've been active on here too and sent a few messages to get added on Facebook with no reply.  Can one of you pm me details?  Thanks!!!
  • @HJMorgan and @AshleySparkle720 I'd still like the details also! Thank you!
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Me 3, my 2015 group is super active and I love it, I use Facebook daily too! @HJMorgan

• Since it's so late in the game, the ladies in our facebook group have agreed there won't be any new members added due to privacy. Although anyone is more than welcome to start another FB group for those who joined late. 
    :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan that's a shame, because some of us need more support now that our little ones are here. I'm not sure how it's a privacy issue, but if that is going to be your reasoning, so be it.
  • @kimberlyh90 Like I said, feel free to start another group for the ladies joining late. You can still get support from each other. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think to echo what @HJMorgan has said. Everyone currently on the fb group had been interacting with each other for months, some since May. Some of you may have been more active here on TB lately but most of us haven't interacted with you, because most check in only on fb. Not sure if you were not part of TB at the time when those of us on the fb group were active here but none the less those of us on the fb group have formed a close knit group and we had gotten to know each other for months prior to bringing our real life names and lives into the situation. 
  • I am going to third @hjmorgan  I voted in favor of no new fb entrants.  These are our babies we are talking about. I don't feel comfortable allowing people I haven't gotten to know over the last 9mo into the private fb group.  We have supported each other trough pregnancy and will continue on now.  I don't understand how someone can come in at the very end or once they have their babies and ask for support to a well established community.  There are other boards for this or stay on here and we can offer our support through the bump.  

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• I will say it's hard to get to know someone when they aren't around. Having found out I was pregnant late didn't allow me to be in the group til I was 6 months along but I love my July 15 group and wanted to be able to share with January too. They've been pretty helpful anyway since most of my questions and support revolve around getting my son adjusted to a new baby, but it still would have been nice to interact with the other moms.

• Yall should start your own group on FB! You know each other better than we do anyway. There's no rule against having multiple groups.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • MandiB07MandiB07 member
    edited January 2017
    I usually go on the What to Expect January board. People there are less cliquey and great at answering questions. 
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    edited January 2017
    @mandiB07 We don't mean to come off "cliquey" it may seem that way now that most the conversations have moved to the FB group and not here.  We are all still very willing to answer any questions so I'm not sure why you would really say something like that.  That said, I am glad you found another supportive group and hope they are a great group of ladies like we have here.  I wouldn't trade them for anything.  

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• I think it's just frustrating because this board is basically dead. Same thing happened with my December 2011 board. Everyone went to FB.

Honestly, I prefer to keep FB separate but since there's nobody here anymore, there's almost no point to TB anymore.
    DD1: EDD 12/21/11 - Born 11/24/11 at 36w1d
    DD2: EDD 1/16/17 - Born 1/12/17 at 39w3d
  • @HJMorgan @emy730 just because you haven't interacted with everyone doesn't mean we haven't been active. I found out I was pregnant May 17th, downloaded this app and joined the board the same day. I have been active ever since, but I am deemed "unworthy" to join the Facebook group because I posted on THIS ONE forum late. That is the point I was trying to prove.
  • @Kimberlyh90 you don't have to prove any points. Those of us who are already part of an established Facebook group are part of it because we ALL decided we were comfortable enough to share our real names with each other. It has nothing to do with being "worthy". It is was it is. If you would rather be on FB make another group and open it to anyone you like. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I have been on here too since I was 8 weeks,  but as working mom with a husband to interact with too I didn't post things a lot. But honestly I wasn't trying to be offensive. I should have rephrased the cliquey part. You guys have an online relationship thing going on which is fine. It just stinks that this board isn't as active because while I do like interacting with other moms, I don't like mixing it with facebook. I hardly find time to interact with my friends and coworkers face to face or through facebook. I wanted to let others who aren't in the facebook group know there is another active board for January mommas on the What to Expect app. But I shouldn't have said cliquey. I hope y'all enjoy your babies and/or last stretch of pregnancy.
  • emy730 said:
    @Kimberlyh90 Your point is moot. I have interacted with each and everyone of the members in the FB group, and did so before the group was created. Aside from this silly interaction, I don't ever remember seeing your name, and I was a daily contributor here for the majority of my pregnancy.

Start your own group. Ours is closed to new members. Get over it.
    Wow! Hopefully your kid doesn't ever find themselves feeling left out. Will you share these same "words of wisdom "with them?

• @MandiB07 as far as the "words of wisdom", yes, I would share with them. I hope my child understands personal safety. If they don't feel comfortable sharing personal information with strangers. He shouldn't feel pressured to accommodate them. And if he is on the other side where he isn't included, he should respect people. If he feels left out I hope he would learn to look at it objectively and see why.  

Honestly, I've been on a forums where they have rules related to posting requirements and restrictions to parts of the forum if you aren't active. They are put in place for this exact reason. People don't feel comfortable posting deeply personal information to people they don't know. FWIW, on that forum I am not very active anymore and thus can't be included in certain posts, I understand why and don't bitch about it. 
  • I think it's more of the fact that the board is dead because everyone is on FB. You guys are saying that you'll still be supportive here but I've seen so little posts for literally weeks. Don't add anyone else to your group if you don't want to but it sucks to have left this board high and dry. :(
  • MandiB07 said:
    emy730 said:
    @Kimberlyh90 Your point is moot. I have interacted with each and everyone of the members in the FB group, and did so before the group was created. Aside from this silly interaction, I don't ever remember seeing your name, and I was a daily contributor here for the majority of my pregnancy.

Start your own group. Ours is closed to new members. Get over it.
    Wow! Hopefully your kid doesn't ever find themselves feeling left out. Will you share these same "words of wisdom "with them?

Honestly, yes. I would find it weird if either of my children were trying to force their way into a group of people they DON'T KNOW. No one is being left out, this is a privacy concern above all else.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm really not. I just don't understand why you want to be in a Facebook group with people you haven't interacted with. It would be so much easier to just start a separate one with the ladies that you are talking to now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it's more of the fact that the board is dead because everyone is on FB. You guys are saying that you'll still be supportive here but I've seen so little posts for literally weeks. Don't add anyone else to your group if you don't want to but it sucks to have left this board high and dry. :(
    I totally understand that sucks. But if this is the reason for anyone getting upset it's a bit unfair. First, everyone knows how bad the app and website are..... Even as I type now my web browser is glitching because I have TB open... Secondly, and this isn't to sound mean, it's not our responsibility to keep the board active... it can help, but it's like some of you guys are expecting it to be our job... Whether I continue to post on here frequently or not shouldn't be criticized just because of that. The owners of this website need to get their stuff together because trying to post on here is such a pain. I'm sorry you feel left out, but with the amount of ladies who still want to joint he FB group, you can keep this forum decently active. Or make another group where it's easier to post.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • HJMorgan said:
    I think it's more of the fact that the board is dead because everyone is on FB. You guys are saying that you'll still be supportive here but I've seen so little posts for literally weeks. Don't add anyone else to your group if you don't want to but it sucks to have left this board high and dry. :(
    I totally understand that sucks. But if this is the reason for anyone getting upset it's a bit unfair. First, everyone knows how bad the app and website are..... Even as I type now my web browser is glitching because I have TB open... Secondly, and this isn't to sound mean, it's not our responsibility to keep the board active... it can help, but it's like some of you guys are expecting it to be our job... Whether I continue to post on here frequently or not shouldn't be criticized just because of that. The owners of this website need to get their stuff together because trying to post on here is such a pain. I'm sorry you feel left out, but with the amount of ladies who still want to joint he FB group, you can keep this forum decently active. Or make another group where it's easier to post.
    I just really meant like the weekly threads have stopped. I know that it was set up in the beginning for certain people to start them every week. If those people aren't going to do them anymore, they should say so. That way they can pass the torch. 

And I agree that the formatting of this site is super wonky. Not sure why the adminis haven't worked harder on the issues
  • @mamaandnurse
    I get that. Honestly, most of the weekly threads got to a point where anyone posted them. We took turns if we didn't see one posted. I would assume at this point anyone can post weekly threads, or make new ones all together. 

Pregnancy Ticker