February 2017 Moms
Options

Family Matters 10/16/16

Re: Family Matters 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome! @AfKash
    We set up the stroller the other day to play around with it, and we set up the crib yesterday. I can't stop touching the crib and imagining her in it....
  • Options
    @lfrank12 how did you get $100 off the glider? I'm on their website right now and can't find it. 

• Options
    Got it! Thank you!

• Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger I share your MIL issues. Except ours just wants to talk about why my FIL divorced her... it happened 10 years ago. I don't even know the last time she acknowledged my pregnancy or asked how dd is.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @Mamallamallama ugh it's such a pain in the ass. It's such a long story but my FIL has been in and out of prison all of DH's life. He just got out of jail again this year in March. Every time he gets out, they get back together and she blows all her money on buying his heroin so she can't pay her bills and then asks us. They came up and stayed with us for about a month over the summer and we'd find empty insulin syringes lying around. It's such a mess but she's doing it to herself so she really can't get mad at us when we don't want to send her money just to buy the FIL more drugs. :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger There comes a point when you have to say no. If she can't grow up and stop using hers and your money to fund an addict and understand that she is being used there is no hope for change. She sounds like a user - not a drug type but a person type- one of those well if you don't help me no one will blah blah blah...  I feel for you and I slightly feel bad for her that she can't see the situation she is constantly putting herself in. Stay strong and don't give into her bullshit.
  • Options
    @Mamallamallama yes. omg. She is so quick to blame others for her own failures. And the biggest mooch I've ever met in my entire life. She claims she's living in her car now (I think she's squatting at a friend's house for right now) but blames DH, me, and my SIL and her H for her homelessness because we won't let her live with us. But we did! We gave her the chance, and all the tools necessary to get on her own two feet and she still refused to save money and find her own place. She even has a job now and still won't get her own place. I will never understand that. DH is 100% done with her though, he ignores all her calls and texts because he wants nothing to do with her (she didn't really raise him, like I said, long story lol) and she's taken to messaging me now. Ugh.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger Thank goodness your DH is done with it, that is a big WIN. My MIL no longer texts or calls me, my only advice is to be passive aggressive. It worked wonders for me lol. My biggest pet peeve is people like that, you have no one to blame but yourself. You make good and bad choices and you have to live with the results; it's no one else's fault but yours if you make a bad choice. 
  • Options
    @scifichick09 Sounds promising at least, I know the meds part tends to be the trickiest.  And good for you and your family- handling all her affairs and her dog also.  I am sure knowing how much her family loves her has been the biggest comfort.  Prayers for contuined improvement for you all!
  • Options
    @scifichick09 The meds take the longest-- and they will really take about 6 weeks to really kick in. I hope they are recommending therapy AND medication after she is released, that will be best. Keeping your family in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @scifichick09 glad to hear there has been some progress. Hopefully they can figure out the meds situation to continue moving forward. Hope youre looking after yourself too!
  • Options
    @scifichick09 Glad to hear things have stabilized for now, and you can see her! She is very lucky to have you in her life to support her as she goes through this time.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    Glad to have you back @scifichick09! You're such a sweetheart for taking care of your sis.  I hope they figure everything out soon.  I'm so glad she's getting help.  

• Options
    @scifichick09 welcome back! I'm glad your sister is in a safe place and I hope they are able to get the meds figured out soon so she can start making progress. It's great that she has you to help out. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @scifichick09 - good to have you back...keep your head up. happy things are looking up

• Options
    I kind of have to vaguebump about this because it's ongoing.  But I've mentioned that my father passed away pretty horribly a year ago.  He had been with his girlfriend for like 36 years or something and married her while he was in hospice to try to make her "more" part of the family.  (I would like to mention that your married status has a LOT less to do with being part of a fucking family, as like being part of a fucking family does) Anyway, she was listed as the personal representative of his estate even though her family had to sue to remove her from her status as personal representative for her mother because she's insane.  My dad just didn't want to deal with arguing with her. 

Anyway, now she is saying that she wants to be compensated for taking care of my dad while he was dying.  Which is fucking insane.  Like he supported her for 30 years.  And she did a terrible job.  She did things like leave him alone over night while she was fighting with her family where he failed making it to the bathroom and just had to lie in his own shit for 12 hours on the floor.  I'm so incredibly livid and have to think of the best way to respond to her.
  • Options
    @PerraSucia Like compensation from the estate? For... being a crappy spouse/gf? 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @PerraSucia omg that's awful! From what I understood,  they were in a relationship.  It wasn't a business deal.  And unless she has proof that she was to take care of your father in exchange for money,  I don't know what the hell she's trying to do.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  

• Options
  • Options
    Wow! That sounds horrible! So sorry you have to deal with this @PerraSucia
  • Options
    @PerraSucia what a nasty person! As someone who takes care of a family member she's off her fucking rocker thinking she deserves more for her half-assed care of him. I sure hope his will/estate was iron clad and she won't get away with this. I'm so sorry you have to deal with her
  • Options
    So his will clearly splits all his stuff 3 ways between this lady, my sister and me and then on top of that she's entitled to 3% of the estate for being the PR. I guess for doing the work she hasn't done and stuff. She's already going to get fined for not filing his taxes on time. 

This makes me so annoyed at my dad for being so unorganized and he KNEW this was going to happen when he died and just did nothing to prevent it. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you have to deal with her @PerraSucia. Losing a parent is hard enough without having to deal with all of this after the fact 
  • Options
    What a mess, @PerraSucia I hope you are able to get it all sorted out. That lady is crazy if she thinks she's entitled to so much. And it makes it worse that you have to keep returning to loose ends and picking up after others when you should have this time to heal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like your dad left her an additional 3% to compensate her for whatever she is asking for @PerraSucia   .  What a twat, sorry you have to deal with her insanity. 
  • Options
    @PerraSucia that is so frustrating. I'm sorry you have to deal with that 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @PerraSucia that sounds like a horrible mess! Hopefully she quickly realizes she shouldn't try to pull anything else and just quietly back down. It's sad she was with him so long and is now trying to be compensated for being what I would call a normal committed wife/partner and care for the man she loved, when he needed it most. I hope it settles down without causing any more stress. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PerraSucia how frustrating and stressful. I'm sorry you're going through this
  • Options
    @PerraSucia what a mess of a person! Death has a way of bringing out the worst in people when money is involved. The audacity of her!
  • Options
    thanks guys. She's nuts. I mean she lost all her siblings over her mom so we are all that's left 
  • Options
    @PerraSucia this all sounds so terrible. i haven't had to deal with it directly, but I have seen a similar situation when my grandma died. She had 9 kids and not a lot of assets so things got crazy. 

Its incredible what lengths people will go to when money is involved. I'd like to chalk it up to grief, and that maybe it, but it definitely brings out true colors. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    That's so awful @PerraSucia. I'm really sorry.