May 2017 Moms
Options

Baby(ies) Sex

Re: Baby(ies) Sex

• Options
    We don't know yet, but we have our ultrasound tomorrow at 11w6d, does anyone know if gender determination is possible?
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @StephyM89 I think its too soon although I read it is possible. However the chance of an error is much higher than at 18+ weeks. So even if the tech said the sex at your u/s, I wouldn't start buying sex specific stuff just yet.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pshaortao - That is really good advice. Even if they have an inkling, I will definitely take it with a grain of salt! Thanks so much!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AHHH!!! My doctor's office just called with my NIPT results, but I was in a meeting and now the head nurse left for the day so I can't find out my results.  Waiting one more day to find out is pure agony!!!
  • Options
    awoo22 said:
    awoo22 said:
    AHHH!!! My doctor's office just called with my NIPT results, but I was in a meeting and now the head nurse left for the day so I can't find out my results.  Waiting one more day to find out is pure agony!!!
    Okay, they just called back.  It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DS is going to have a sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
    Chills! So awesome

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @StephyM89 - I had the Harmony test done with my first pregnancy and my office had the gender results when I went for an ultrasound at 12 weeks. The tech asked what I was hoping for and I said GIRL! She did the ultrasound, zoomed in on that region, and said... 'I think you're going to get your wish.' I was over the moon. Then she went to the computer to check the Harmony and 'confirm' what she had seen, and she was like 'turns out...it's a boy!' Sooooooo... Don't hang your hat on anything they see this early. But good luck all the same! ;)  
  • Options
    @emilyalso - Ohhh that's a good thing to keep in mind, what a surprise for you! They said they weren't able to tell this early, so nothing to hang onto yet!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    tenfourtenfour member
    edited November 2016
    @emilyalso All of the "I was so disappointed but now I love them so much!" stories really do help. Thank you! She asked me if I wanted to know the gender and I said, "Um, YES please! I'm dying to know!!" And after she said boy, my reaction was "Ohhhhhhhh okay....wow. Cool.." Such a bad recovery, haha!!
    @AnnieKnitsALot I had full on gender disappointment when I found out my second was a boy. Like I spent months on gd websites. And I felt like the worst mom ever because of it. But omg he's 2.5 now and I seriously want ten boys just like him. I now feel like such an idiot. But the thing I learned about gd is it's not like you WANT to be disappointed, just like people don't  WANT ppd. It just happens and it sucks. And I feel like hormones don't help. This time around I'm really torn on finding out the sex because I really don't want gd again. But just hoping that now  I know boys are amazing and that the universe knows more than I do that it will be ok.

Eta not that you have gender disappointment but just saying in case anyone does.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our first baby and we found out it is a BOY!  Any boy tips for first-time moms?
    Yes, @sweaterboots pee pee tee pee!!  
  • Options
    @SKZW not saying a necessity. Just saying you will definitely have streams of urine flying in the air with a boy.
  • Options
    StephyM89 said:
    We don't know yet, but we have our ultrasound tomorrow at 11w6d, does anyone know if gender determination is possible?
    Normally they say it's too early where we live they have place that does just gender ultrasounds or just to see your baby ultrasound but earliest is at 13 weeks buts it's like 95% accurate but at 14 weeks it's 99%. Maybe some can see if yall have one around yall to not have to wait so long!! 
  • Options
    Boy #2 out of 3 for me! I'm more excited than I was expecting, so that's a relief. Also, my son literally never once peed on me so I don't know if that's a myth, or I just got lucky? Or maybe I'm really in for it with boy #2. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tenfour said:
    Boy #2 out of 3 for me! I'm more excited than I was expecting, so that's a relief. Also, my son literally never once peed on me so I don't know if that's a myth, or I just got lucky? Or maybe I'm really in for it with boy #2. 
    Same--I think MAYBE my son peed on me once or twice, but it wasn't frequent enough to buy something to prevent it. But we also could have just been lucky! This one's a girl, so I'll never know if it was just luck! ;-) 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Luckyu317 said:
    Just got a call from the nurse with our NIPT results. Both babies are low risk, and they're both GIRLS!!!
    @Luckyu317 woah how can it tell with two babies?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tenfour, the company my OB office works with is one that does testing in twins. They took blood samples, and there were no presence of Y chromosomes.
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhhh man guys I need some urge control. I was just offered a free look by my Co worker in the ultrasound department I'm 16 weeks and am obviously waiting for the anatomy scan so my husband can find out at the same time. but now it's all I can think about lol
  • Options
    We find out next Thursday! Well, we go in for the early gender check, but it will be a secret until Christmas Eve! Can't wait to vote! haha so happy for everyone who has found out so far! :) 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Found out were having a baby girl although I think it's not "set in dtone" yet because it was at 16 weeks and I wanna  make sure at the 20wk scan again  just for 100% sure!

I am so happy over the moon my first was boy exactly  what we wanted this time it's a girl again exactly what we wanted. it will be the first granddaughter  for hubbies parents they all had grandsons 5! so it's not big deal although SIL was not happy about it all....she's rather green about it cause she always  wanted about girl I guess. her reaction was (oh wow) very monotone like! lol